Toontown Retextured is an upcoming texture overhaul for Toontown Rewritten. The update is set to revamp in-game textures to make them become higher quality. There has been no announcement as to when the update will be released.
- Toontown Retextured was a major topic at OMG!Con 2015.
- Although there is not current estimated date of release, the artists at Toontown Rewritten believe the release will not be in 2016.
- The artists have announced that every new texture will be released in one update.
- Players will have the option to use the new textures.
- The textures will not be released as a content pack. There will be an option to enable or disable the new textures in case players still want to experience Toontown's original look.
- There is a possibility that old models may be remodeled to fit with the new textures. However, it is unknown if this is being done.
- During OMG!Con 2016, attendees were able to play a retextured version of The Brrrgh.
- The artists stated at OMG!Con 2016 that the project will probably not be released until after Beta.
- Other aspects of the project include retexturing the look of Toons, clothing/accessories, gags, and turning 2D objects into 3D.
- The Toontown Rewritten Team announced earlier in 2018 that the project will be on hold until further notice.