- “Ah, Toontown. The sun is always shining, the birds are always singing, and mechanical businessmen are trying to destroy everything that us cartoons stand for.”
- ―Flippy from the "Greetings from Toontown!" postcard.
Toontown is a fictional world that makes up majority of the Tooniverse, along with other worlds like Duckburg and Loontown. As the main setting of Toontown Rewritten, Toontown is a silly, cartoon world that Toons officially call home.
In Toontown, Toons are always trying to have fun. However, trouble brewed in Toontown since the Toon Council Presidential Elections in which mechanical businessmen known as the Cogs invaded Toontown, and eventually became inhabitants of the streets and within their own Cog headquarters. As a Toon progresses through the game, they receive ToonTasks from certain Toontown residents for rewards such as the ability to access any playground in Toontown via the portable hole. The Cog headquarters, however, are areas that Toons cannot teleport to without a maxed Cog Disguise for each area.
Below are the playgrounds and other zones of Toontown:
- Toontown Central
- Donald's Dock
- Daisy Gardens
- Minnie's Melodyland
- The Brrrgh
- Donald's Dreamland
- Goofy Speedway
- Chip 'n Dale's Acorn Acres
- Chip 'n Dale's MiniGolf
- ToonFest Grounds
- Party grounds
- Sellbot Headquarters
- Cashbot Headquarters
- Lawbot Headquarters
- Bossbot Headquarters
- Toontown is also the main setting of Who Framed Roger Rabbit and Mickey's Toontown.
- Slappy and Scrooge McDuck came to Toontown from Duckburg.
- Sir Max mentioned "Loontown" in the blog post, "Daily Alpha Update: Hole-some Sabotage". For unknown reasons, he stated that he never liked the Toons from Loontown.