Toon colors are a customization feature where a player can pick a variety of colors for their Toon through the Create-a-Toon process. A Toon can be an entirety of one color, or have a different color for specific body parts. Colors are semi-permanent, meaning they cannot be changed unless the Toon Rewrite item is purchased from Clarabelle's Cattlelog for 10,000 jellybeans. Toon Rewrite allows the Toon to change the color of themselves from what they initially chose, and can only be purchased once every six months.
List of all colors
- To become a Black Cat, players must create a new cat Toon and visit Flippy in the Toontorial to say "Toontastic!". This can only be done on October 31st during the annual Halloween event.
- To become a Polar Bear, players must create a new bear Toon and visit Doctor Surlee in the Toontorial to speak to him. This can only be done from January 1st to January 2nd during the annual Twelve Days of Winter event.
- To become a "Polar Toon", Toons can visit Paula Behr at Hibernation Vacations and say "Howdy!" in which they will then transform to a big, white Toon for one hour while in The Brrrgh.
- To become a "Green Toon", Toons can visit Eugene at Green Bean Jeans and say "It's easy to be green!". This can only be done on March 17th during the annual St. Patrick's Day event. Since 2016, this cheesy effect had been changed to where only the Toon's gloves turn green.
- To retrieve a ToonFest Blue color, Toons can visit the ToonFest Tower to purchase the catalog item for 300 ToonFest tokens. This item is available from September 19th to October 20th during the annual ToonFest event.
- To retrieve a Spooky Purple color, Toons can purchase the catalog item for 1,031 jellybeans in Clarabelle's Cattlelog. This item is available from October 25th to November 1st during the annual Halloween event.
- A Toon's laff meter color is determined by the Toon's head color that is chosen in Create-A-Toon.
- If a Toon types a name, their name will be displayed as their Toon's head's color (i.e. Orange Duck) until the name is approved unless the name is already in the Pick-a-Name name generator.
- There were exactly 12,284,338,176 color combinations available for a Toon in the Create-A-Toon before the addition of the ten new colors released on February 1, 2015.
- Black Cats were once available on Friday the 13th in 2014 to allow players to remake their Toons.
- On January 28, 2015, it was announced that ten new Toon colors would be released to the Create-A-Toon on February 1 in the blog post, Toontown Tweaks: The Start of Something Hue. The new colors were Rose Pink, Ice Blue, Mint Green, Emerald, Teal, Bronze (later renamed Apricot), Amber, Crimson, Dark Green, and Steel Blue.
- On December 31, 2018, two new colors were added to help celebrate the start of the Winter Laff-o-Lympics event. These colors were Beige and Bubblegum.