Toon colors are a customization feature where a player can pick a variety of colors for their Toon through the Create-a-Toon process. A Toon can be entirely one color, or have a different color for specific body parts. Colors are semi-permanent, meaning they cannot be changed unless the Toon Rewrite item is purchased from Clarabelle's Cattlelog for 10,000 jellybeans. Toon Rewrite allows the Toon to change the color of themselves from what they initially chose, and can only be purchased once every six months.
List of all colors
- To obtain a Cartoonival Blue or Cartoonival Pink color, Toons can visit the Cartoonival Tower to purchase either item for 300 Cartoonival tokens. These rewrites are available from September 19th to October 20th during the annual Cartoonival event.
- To obtain a Spooky Purple color, Toons can purchase it from Clarabelle's Cattlelog for 1,031 jellybeans. This rewrite is available from October 25th to November 1st during the annual Halloween event.
- To become a Black Cat, players must create a new cat Toon and visit Flippy on Tutorial Terrace to say "Toontastic!". This can only be done on October 31st during the annual Halloween event.
- To become a Polar Bear, players must create a new bear Toon and visit Doctor Surlee on Tutorial Terrace to speak to him. This can only be done from December 24th to December 25th during the annual Twelve Days of Winter event.
- To become a "Polar Toon", Toons can visit Paula Behr at Hibernation Vacations and say "Howdy!" in which they will then transform to a big, white Toon for one hour while in The Brrrgh.
- A Toon's Laff Meter color is determined by the Toon's head color that is chosen in Create-a-Toon.
- If a Toon types a name, their name will be displayed as their Toon's head's color (i.e. Orange Duck) until the name is approved unless the name is already in the Pick-a-Name name generator.
- There were exactly 12,284,338,176 color combinations available for a Toon in Create-a-Toon before the addition of the ten new colors released on February 1, 2015.
- On January 28, 2015, it was announced that ten new Toon colors would be released to Create-a-Toon on February 1 in the blog post titled "Toontown Tweaks: The Start of Something Hue". These new colors were Rose Pink, Ice Blue, Mint Green, Emerald, Teal, Bronze (renamed to Apricot), Amber, Crimson, Dark Green (renamed to Forest Green), and Steel Blue.
- On October 25, 2018, the new Spooky Purple color was added to Clarabelle's Cattlelog that appears during the annual Halloween event.
- On December 31, 2018, two new colors were added to help celebrate the start of the 2019 Winter Laff-o-lympics event. These colors were Beige and Bubblegum.