A ToonTask is a quest in which Toons can complete to reach an incentive, offered by various NPCs. ToonTasks can consist of many different objectives like defeating Cogs, delivering items or gags to shopkeepers, or going fishing. Once a Toon completes a ToonTask, they must visit the specified NPC shown on the ToonTask. Toons can view their current ToonTasks by pressing the default "End" key on Windows, or by pressing fn+right on macOS. ToonTasks can also be viewed via the Shticker Book.
Tasklines are how Toontown Rewritten's storyline is incorporated into the game. These tasklines contain numerous ToonTasks that are required for Toons to complete. Listed below are order of areas that Toons advance to while completing the tasklines, along with another list of guides that contain ToonTasks for every taskline.
- Toontown Central
- Donald's Dock
- Daisy Gardens / Sellbot Headquarters
- Minnie's Melodyland
- The Brrrgh
- Donald's Dreamland
- Cashbot Headquarters (Cashbot Cog Disguise parts)
- Lawbot Headquarters (Lawbot Cog Disguise parts)
- Bossbot Headquarters (Bossbot Cog Disguise parts)
- Sellbot Task Force Hideout1
- Toontown Central ToonTasks
- Donald's Dock ToonTasks
- Daisy Gardens ToonTasks
- Minnie's Melodyland ToonTasks
- The Brrrgh ToonTasks
- Donald's Dreamland ToonTasks
- Sellbot Task Force ToonTasks1
- Main page: Silly Reader
A particular ToonTask that Toons can complete awards the Silly Reader, a tool that allows them to keep track of the Silly Meter's stats. Toons must have 30 laff and/or a level 4 gag before they can speak to any Loony Labs Scientoon in Toon Hall to obtain the ToonTask.
Certain ToonTasks instruct to recover various specific items by defeating Cogs or going fishing. The table below shows terms and percentages that the ToonTasks could have.
"Just for Fun!" ToonTasks
As the name implies, these ToonTasks are just for fun and are not required for completion to progress through the game, but can beneficial in special circumstances. The rewards for the ToonTasks may include jellybeans, clothing tickets, or cheesy effects. The rewards improve as the Toon progresses through the game, but the ToonTask required to earn the reward usually becomes much harder depending on the playground the Toon is working at. These ToonTasks can also be deleted via the Shticker Book, but once deleted, progress is lost completely.
- If a Toon does not like the ToonTask that an HQ Officer provided to them, they can try speaking to other HQ Officers, since each HQ Officer typically has different sets of ToonTasks to offer. ToonTasks also change on an hourly basis.
- If a Toon knows which NPC is providing their next ToonTask, they may visit them to begin the ToonTask, which is a method that helps avoid repeitive visits to Toon Headquarters after every completed ToonTask. For example, if a Toon knows that the next NPC they must speak to is Lil Oldman, they can simply visit him instead of visiting an HQ Officer first.
- Some ToonTasks, such as defeating a certain number of specfic Cogs, are often direct and are fully completed once the visible ToonTask is completed. Some other ToonTasks, such as visiting an NPC, lead to multiple ToonTasks.
- Sellbot Headquarters is the only Cog headquarters that does not require completing ToonTasks to build a Cog Disguise.
- Toon Resistance ToonTasks, April Toons Week ToonTasks, Halloween ToonTask, and Winter ToonTask are the only ToonTasks that contain an expiration date due to being part of temporary or annual events.