ToonFest 2018 was an event that marks the fifth anniversary of Toontown Rewritten and five years since the closure of Toontown Online. The event was held in a temporary, newly-constructed area located in Chip 'n Dale's Acorn Acres called the ToonFest Grounds. The event began on September 19, 2018 and lasted for a whole month up until October 20, 2018.
As ToonFest went on, blog posts were published on ToontownRewritten.com by the emcee extraordinaire, Riggy Marole, to announce updates and keep players entertained in the Toontown spirit. The blog posts that were published are as followed:
- August 20 - ToonFest 2018: Toontown Rewritten's 5th Anniversary! (posted by The Toontown Team)
- September 19 - Celebrating Five Years of Toontown Rewritten! - ToonFest 2018 (posted by The Toontown Team)
- September 23 - CRASH Into the Fun! - ToonFest 2018 (posted by Riggy Marole)
- October 7 - Cannon Improv-ments - ToonFest 2018 (posted by Riggy Marole)
- October 15 - The Grand Finale Fiasco - ToonFest 2018 (posted by Riggy Marole)
The Event Grounds, otherwise known as the "ToonFest grounds", is a large, grassy, hilly area dotted with several pine trees, tons of confetti, various props, and some tables that Toons can play picnic games on. Within the area, the sky goes through a process transitioning from daytime to nighttime accompanied by an occasional sunset. A dirt road leads from the ToonFest entrance, all the way to the ToonFest Tower. Close by is a large mountain with a mysterious mineshaft coming out of it. The mineshaft is inaccessible, but can clearly be seen if a Toon somehow manages to reach the top of the ToonFest Tower.
ToonFest had many brand new activities found exclusively at the Event Grounds that Toons can participate in to earn ToonFest tokens. Among these activities are:
- Cannons - Similar to parties, Toons must blast themselves straight out of a cannon to touch as many clouds as possible. The more clouds that are hit, the more tokens that can be retrieved.
- Trampolines - By pressing the "Control" key at the right moment, Toons must jump as high as possible to grab the most tokens.
- Fishing - Toons can visit the large fishing pond to catch fish and sell them to Melville for tokens.
- Duck tank - Toons must throw pies at the target to dunk Cleff. A lot of tokens are rewarded to participants depending on how many times the target was hit and how quickly Cleff was dunked. As this is the first cooperative activity, a lot of help from other Toons is needed to dunk Cleff.
Toons could visit the fleet of Token Takers at the ToonFest Tower and various pop-up booths to purchase all sorts of exclusive prizes using tokens. Among these prizes are brand new clothing, accessories, portable pies, and merry multipliers. Below are just a few examples of prizes: