ToonFest 2017 is an event that marks the four year anniversary of Toontown Rewritten and four years since the closure of Toontown Online. The event is held in a temporary newly constructed area located in Chip 'n Dale's Acorn Acres called the Event Grounds. The event began on September 19, 2017 and will last for a whole month up until October 20, 2017.
ToonFest will be held from September 19, 2017 to October 20, 2017. As the event goes on, there will also be blog posts announcing updates for ToonFest.
- August 20 - ToonFest 2017 (posted by The TTR Team)
- September 20 - Four Years of Toontown Rewritten - ToonFest 2017 (posted by The TTR Team)
- September 25 - The Laff-o-Lympics Rigmarole (posted by Riggy Marole)
The ToonFest grounds is a large, grassy, hilly area dotted with several pine trees, tons of confetti, cannons, trampolines, and picnic tables, some of which Toons can play picnic games on. Within the area, the sky goes through a process transitioning from daytime to nighttime accompanied by a sunset here and there. A dirt road leads from the ToonFest entrance, all the way to the ToonFest Tower. Close by is a large mountain with a mysterious mineshaft coming out of it. The mineshaft is inaccessible, but can clearly be seen if a Toon manages to reach to the top of the ToonFest Tower.
Like previous events, cannons, trampolines, and ToonFest tokens were present at the event. The ToonFest tokens were used to purchase many new prizes upon visiting the Token Takers when the doors of the ToonFest Tower opened since day 1 of the event. Scattered across the ToonFest grounds are bean bags that give jellybeans, as well as tokens.
ToonFest had many activities, some of which already existed before the opening. Toons were able to play Find Four, Chinese Checkers, and Checkers on the empty tables. There were normal picnic tables, which would spawn food when a Toon sits somewhere on the benches. Cannons and trampolines also made their return at the event, giving ToonFest tokens at the end of the activity.
Within the ToonFest Tower, Token Takers managed a prize booth where Toons could purchase all sorts of brand new clothing and accessories. Toons could also purchase merry multipliers and throwable pie items from their respective booths.
- Unlike previous events, there were no "Backstage Toontown" blog posts that followed up towards this event.
- For the first time ever, Toontown Rewritten updated their website and social media outlets based on the theme of ToonFest.
- Although unconfirmed, there is expected to be new ways to earn tokens that include special ToonTasks, a quizmaster, and a duck tank. These activities were originally intended for ToonFest 2016.
- The duck tank can be seen in one of the below blog post images.