|← ToonFest 2014||ToonFest 2015||ToonFest 2016 →|
ToonFest 2015 was an event that marked the second anniversary of Toontown Rewritten. The event was held in a temporary newly constructed area located in Chip 'n Dale's Acorn Acres called the Event Grounds.
Unlike ToonFest 2014, the event began on September 19, 2015, and lasted for a whole month up until October 19, 2015, along with the formal introduction of Riggy Marole. The day this celebration began was also the second year anniversary of the closure of Toontown Online.
On July 9, 2015, a "Prep for ToonFest" contest was hosted to help prepare for the event. The winner's idea will be created by the Toontown Rewritten Team and put into the game itself as part of ToonFest, along with receiving a real-life Toontown Prize Pack.
ToonFest was held from September 19, 2015 to October 19, 2015. Before the event, there were a couple of "Backstage Toontown" blog posts that covered some of Toontown Rewritten's behind-the-scenes development. During the remainder of the event, there were blog posts announcing updates for ToonFest.
- August 20 - ToonFest 2015 (posted by The TTR Team)
- August 24 - Backstage: New Website News (posted by The TTR Team (written by Sir Max))
- August 31 - Backstage: Making a Significant Storyline (posted by The TTR Team (written by Sir Max))
- September 8 - Backstage: Moving Fashion Forward (posted by The TTR Team (written by Slate))
- September 15 - Backstage: Creating the Convention (posted by The TTR Team (written by Weird Wacko))
- September 19 - ToonFest starts TODAY! (posted by Riggy Marole)
- September 19 - ToonFest: The Big Bean Bag Toss (posted by Riggy Marole)
- September 26 - ToonFest: Flip for the Fireworks! (posted by Flippy)
- October 6 - ToonFest: We're Almost Ready to Roll! (posted by Riggy Marole)
- October 11 - ToonFest: Plenty of Pretty Prizes! (posted by Token Taker Ted)
- October 20 - Say "Ta-ta" to ToonFest! (posted by Riggy Marole)
It is a large, grassy, hilly area dotted with several pine trees, tons of confetti, cannons, trampolines, and picnic tables, some of which Toons can play picnic games on. While remaining in the area, the sky would go through a process of the day and night cycle. A dirt road leads from the ToonFest entrance, all the way to the ToonFest Tower. Close by is a large mountain with a mysterious mine shaft coming out of it. The mineshaft is inaccessible, but can clearly be seen if you managed to get on top of the ToonFest Tower.
Unlike ToonFest 2014, new features were added to the area, such as cannons, trampolines, and ToonFest Tokens. The ToonFest Tokens were used to purchase many new prizes upon visiting the Token Takers when the doors of the ToonFest Tower opened from October 11, 2015, to October 19, 2015. The first update occurred on September 21, 2015, with the introduction of bean bags. Scattered across the ToonFest area are bags that give jellybeans as well as tokens in various amounts depending on the color depicted on the bag.
ToonFest had many activities, some of which already existed before the opening. Toons were able to play Find Four, Chinese Checkers, and Checkers on the empty tables. There were normal picnic tables, which would spawn food when a Toon sits somewhere on the benches. Cannons and trampolines also made their debut at the event, giving ToonFest Tokens at the end of the activity.
Flippy was also at the celebration with his pie stand and his new pet doodle, Fluffy. Toons could take pies from Flippy's pie stand to throw at Cog dummies. Melville was standing near a fishing pond, allowing Toons to fish and sell them to Melville for ToonFest Tokens.
From September 26, 2015, to October 19, 2015, the Finale Fireworks would be there every 3 hours until ToonFest closed.
- See ToonFest 2015 Prize Booth for all of the prizes.
- A scrapped idea for ToonFest 2015 included an animation for the ToonFest Tower. It can be seen in a video from Slate Blue Rabbit here.
- This was the first time where community creations for an event were put together by the Toontown Rewritten Team.
- This event introduced a brand new form of currency and accessories for the very first time.