|ToonFest 2014||ToonFest 2015 →|
ToonFest 2014 was an event that marked the beginning of Toontown Rewritten's Open Beta, the first anniversary of Toontown Rewritten, and one year since the closure of Toontown Online. The event was held in a temporary newly constructed area located in Chip 'n Dale's Acorn Acres called the Event Grounds. The event began on September 19, 2014 and ended on September 28, 2014 7:00 PM (Toontown Time).
ToonFest was held from September 19, 2014 to September 28, 2014. Before the event, there were a couple of "Backstage Toontown" blog posts that covered some of Toontown Rewritten's behind-the-scenes development. As the event went on, there were also blog posts that announced updates for ToonFest.
- August 20 - ToonFest 2014 (posted by The TTR Team)
- August 24 - Backstage: Designing Doomsday (posted by The TTR Team (written by Sir Max))
- August 30 - Backstage: Redrawing Rewritten (posted by The TTR Team (written by Captain Sandy))
- September 7 - Backstage: Making the Melodies (posted by The TTR Team (written by Cool Peaches))
- September 13 - Backstage: Translating the Tooniverse (posted by The TTR Team (written by Shnutzer))
- September 16 - Backstage: Toontown Retextured (posted by The TTR Team (written by Slate))
- September 18 - ToonFest is Tomorrow! (posted by The TTR Team)
- September 19 - ToonFest: Let the Festivities Begin! (posted by The TTR Team)
- September 20 - ToonFest: Apparel has Arrived! (posted by The TTR Team)
- September 21 - ToonFest: An Exclamation of Extension!! (posted by The TTR Team)
- September 26 - ToonFest: Finally, the Finale Fireworks! (posted by The TTR Team)
- September 27 - ToonFest: That's All, Folks! (posted by Flippy)
The ToonFest grounds is a large, grassy, hilly area dotted with several pine trees, tons of confetti, cannons, trampolines, and picnic tables, some of which Toons can play picnic games on. A dirt road leads from the ToonFest entrance, all the way to the ToonFest Tower. Close by is a large mountain with a mysterious mineshaft coming out of it. The mineshaft is inaccessible, but can clearly be seen if a Toon somehow manages to reach to the top of the ToonFest Tower.
ToonFest had many activities, some of which already existed before the opening. Toons were able to play Find Four, Chinese Checkers, and Checkers on the empty tables. If a Toon won one of the board games, the winner would do a victory dance (similar to how Bamboo Cane looks) and everyone in the area would get a notification about who won and lost the game. There were normal picnic tables, which would spawn food when a Toon sits somewhere on the benches.
Flippy was also at the celebration with his pie stand and his new pet doodle, Fluffy. Toons could take pies from Flippy's pie stand to throw at Cog dummies. Melville was standing near a fishing pond, allowing Toons to fish and sell them to Melville for jellybeans. Toons also could use the ToonFest hot air balloon manned by Alec Tinn to ride to the top of the ToonFest Tower.
From September 26, 2014, to September 28, 2014, the Finale Fireworks would occur every 3 hours until ToonFest closed.
- Just like the Toon Council Presidential Elections, this event consisted of new content that was never seen before in Toontown Online.
- This event was the first time where brand new clothes (and first set of codes) were released in the game.
- September 19, 2014, was announced as ToonFest Test Day. On this day, the game was projected to break due to server floods.
- On September 21, 2014, it was announced that the event would be extended to the following Saturday; the event was originally intended to end on the following Monday.