- "As most of you know: I'm Slappy! Not Slap-happy, Sloppy, or Slappie -- but Slappy."
Slappy Quackintosh is a Toon who gained a lot of publicity upon his official debut in December of 2013. Being the lovable duck and wannabe balloon salesman that he is, he had all sorts of wacky tactics, from Polar Bears to balloon rides, in store for Toons to enjoy throughout the course of his campaign until the day of the Toon Council Presidential Elections. On April 19, 2014, he was elected as president of the Toon Council, despite some unforeseen interruptions.
Slappy originally lived in Duckburg before he moved to Toontown. Although Slappy lived in Toontown for many years, Toons had never really heard of him until he made his debut in December 24, 2013 for Christmas where he announced that he was running in the Toon Council Presidential Elections with his rival candidate, Flippy. On that day, Slappy offered a special opportunity for Toons to become Polar Bears, and even started an annual tradition of The Great Snowball Fight.
The Toon Council Presidential Elections
- "I'll tell you why I'm here: Publicity! Lots and lots of publicity. Why do I need this publicity? Aside from fame, fortune and glory- I'm needing some publicity for the Election."
A few months after the Polar Bears and the snowball fight, Slappy offered several unites for jellybeans and gags, a ride on his very own hot air balloon, and allowed Toons to gain a special green color for the first time on St. Patrick's Day, thanks to the mysterious green goo that ended up in his jellybean stand.
As the campaigns from both candidates went underway, Flippy grew a sense of jealously upon learning that Slappy's wacky personality had caused his sudden boost in laff points. Slappy was fully unaware of Flippy's complaints about his campaigns being "hurtful" and the 42 total laff he had, which was the highest laff that a Toon could have at the time.
Because Slappy had more campaigns than Flippy, he ultimately won the election against Flippy by many votes, and became the true president of the Toon Council. However, an unexpected interruption occurred that changed course for the election.
The rightful ruler
- "Slappy won the vote by just a few hundred more than Flippy, but just as the celebration begun, something unexpected happened. A robot flew down from the sky, dressed in a fancy suit with a big smile. A Yesman. Slappy didn't know what was happening -- no one did -- and he went sad in Toontown Central. We haven't seen him since."
- ―Sir Max
Slappy's fate at the Toon Council Presidential Elections made Toons question where the Cogs had taken him. No Toon knows for sure where he is. Discussions of where to begin looking for Slappy started during the Toon Council's first official meeting. While Lord Lowden Clear stated he has no idea where to begin looking, Doctor Surlee, however, has a few ideas. Thankfully, an upcoming mission could soon make its way for Toons to get together and hopefully find Slappy. The Cogs may have taken the rightful ruler of Toontown, but Flippy has been searching for Slappy ever since.
Slappy hosted two special Christmas events that introduced Polar Bears and a snowball fight. Because of his absence, however, he had been unable to return to host these events annually. Doctor Surlee and Flippy would later take over the responsibility of continuing said events in Slappy's honor.
- Before Slappy's character was officially made, his name was "Floppy" as a refinance to Flippy.
- Slappy's catchphrase is "Don't be wacky - Vote for Slappy!".
- During the timespan of the Toon Council Presidential Elections, Slappy himself as a real player could not friend other Toons due to some form of "election policy" that was established.
- Slappy is the first Toon of many things in that he:
- reached the most laff points possible with a total of 42. Flippy, on the other hand, had 38 laff points.
- gained brand new clothes created by a Toontown Rewritten staff member named Slate Blue Rabbit, as confirmed in one of her livestreams.
- owned a hot air balloon created by another staff member named June. In terms of lore, Doctor Surlee used a portability design to boost up Slappy's balloon toys twice their size.
- became sadden by a Cog.
- It is unknown where Slappy is located after he was captured by the Cogs.
- Slappy used to live in Duckburg before he moved to Toontown. Coincidentally, Duckburg is the city where all the main characters in the Disney Channel show, DuckTales, lived.
- Slappy's last name, Quackintosh, is a combination of "quack" and the name "Macintosh".
- Even with his fate, Slappy is still hypothetically considered part of the Toon Council.
- Alpha testers can receive a special version of Slappy's shirt known for "Doomsday survivors" by redeeming the code "dont-be-wacky" in the Shticker Book.
- Originally Posted by joey19982 (Sir Max) on 04-26-2014
- Slappy won the election in TTO as well. By voting for Slappy people thought they would change the future of Toontown, however they chose the exact same path that the toons before them chose. You changed the wrong variables. If Flippy had won, though... The outcome may not have been much, much worse.
- There is a reason that Paula Bear is the only known Polar Bear in TTO.