Skelecogs are Cogs that are produced off the assembly line without their suits. They behave and communicate like regular Cogs, but their vocals are muffled and more robotic. They can appear as Version 2.0 Cogs when their suits are destroyed, and appear as holograms exclusively within the District Attorney's Office.
- Sellbot Factory
- Sellbot Towers
- Cashbot Mints
- Cashbot Vault
- District Attorney's Office
- Cog Golf Courses (typically appear as Version 2.0 Cogs)
- Bossbot Clubhouse (typically appear as Version 2.0 Cogs)
- Any location during their own Mega-Invasion
- Director of Ambush Marketing
- Chief Executive Officer
- Factory Foreman
- Mint Supervisor
- District Attorney's Clerk
- Club President (Version 2.0 Cog)
- Thick body: Most of the lower-leveled Cogs such as Flunky have this body structure.
- Corporate Raider, however, has a larger thick body.
- Thin body: Many tier four to six Cogs have this body type. Examples include Spin Doctor, Mover & Shaker, and Loan Shark.
- Short muscular: Specifically for Cogs with a broad-chested structure, but lower ranks than top tier Cogs, like Name Dropper and Two-Face.
- Tall muscular: Majority of tier seven to eight Cogs, the highest-ranking and highest-leveled ones, have this body type. Examples include The Mingler, Mr. Hollywood, and Big Wig.
- Skelecog is a pun on "skeleton".
- Skelecogs invaded Toontown for the first time during Doomsday. According to Doctor Surlee, Toons were defeating the Cogs faster than they could be produced, resulting in their suit output being skipped.
- Skelecogs typically invade twice a year with their annual Mega-Invasion in July and November.
- Bossbots never start out in battle as Skelecogs unless there is a Skelecog Mega-Invasion in progress.
- Outside of their annual Mega-Invasion, Skelecogs of different Cog branches almost never join a battle together.
- Muscular Skelecogs are some of the few Cogs with hats. The other Cogs are Bean Counter, Ambulance Chaser, Downsizer, and the Chief Executive Officer.