|Data is by normal gameplay.|
|Facility boss||Factory Foreman|
- "We flooded into the Cog Headquarters. Before we knew it, we were deep within its inner workings, fighting off hordes within its factory. Ridley lead us through with a certainty that I still cannot understand. We were orbiting around his gravitational pull and he guided us through room after room of teeth tingling terrors."
- ―Doctor Fissionton
The Sellbot Factory is a Cog facility located in Sellbot Headquarters that is responsible for massive Sellbot production. Toons often infiltrate the Sellbot Factory to obtain parts of their Sellbot Cog Disguise or to recover Merits for promotions. Cogs that are produced off the assembly line without their suits called Skelecogs inhabit the facility, with the Factory Foreman being one of them.
The Sellbot Factory has many different rooms and two separate entrances called the Front Entrance and the Side Entrance, which are on the front and on the side of the facility respectively. Historically, any Toon was allowed to enter via the Front Entrance, but only Toons with at least 31 laff points were allowed to use the Side Entrance. However, this was now changed to allow any Toon to enter via either entrance.
Every Sellbot can appear in certain rooms of the Sellbot Factory.
- Cold Caller: appears in every other room other than the Silos.
- Telemarketer: appears in every room.
- Name Dropper: appears in every room.
- Glad Hander: appears in every room.
- Mover & Shaker: appears in every room; can also appear as the Factory Foreman in the Center Silo Control Room.
- Two-Face: appears in the Gear Room, the Boiler Room, the Pipe Room, the Warehouse, the West Silo, and the East Silo; can also appear as the Factory Foreman in the Center Silo Control Room.
- The Mingler: appears in the West Silo and the East Silo; can also appear as the Factory Foreman in the Center Silo Control Room.
- Mr. Hollywood: can appear as the Factory Foreman in the Center Silo Control Room.
- Front Entrance
- The Front Entrance is more commonly used by Toons as opposed to the Side Entrance. This room has a locked door, with a button directly in front of it.
- Three Cogs are located within this room. There are two level 3s and one level 5.
- There is a locked door. The button to unlock it is guarded by the three Cogs, though it is possible to sneak into the button chamber and press it without alerting the Cogs. Toons have to defeat the Cogs in order to exit to the Lobby Foyer.
- There is a single goon roaming the area, just outside of the door coming from the Front Entrance.
- Lobby Foyer
- This area contains a Throw (Birthday Cake) gag barrel and a movable crate which is used to collect it.
- Lobby Hallway
- This branches off into three paths. Straight ahead leads to the Warehouse Lookout, left leads to the Boiler Room, and right leads to the Gear Room.
- Warehouse Lookout
- This area is a dead-end and is meant to show the Warehouse. However, there is something special; a "backwards long jump" Easter egg can be activated by facing backwards and jumping on the stairs.
- Gear Room
- The room where most Toons will first encounter Skelecogs. There are three in this room; two level 5s and one level 6.
- Boiler Room
- There are three Cogs within this room; a level 3, a level 5, and a level 6.
- Most Toons will take the Gear Room over the Boiler Room only when they want to go through a short Sellbot Factory run. This is because the Gear Room gives more Merits, due to having another level 5 Cog as opposed to a level 3.
- East Catwalk
- Three goons roam this area.
- This area connects the Gear Room, the Paint Mixer Room, and the Warehouse.
- Paint Mixer
- Toons must jump on the moving platforms to get to the storage room, which contains stolen barrels holding gags and jellybeans.
- Should Toons fall off of the moving platforms, they get a -2 laff deduction from the paint.
- Paint Mixer Storage Room
- This room contains the following:
- West Catwalk
- Three goons roam this area, just like the East Catwalk. This connects to the Warehouse, the Pipe Room, and the Oil Room Hallway.
- Pipe Room
- This area contains two sets of Skelecogs. Both sets have three Skelecogs in total and are the same levels on both sides; two level 4s and one level 5.
- While difficult, it is possible to skip all Cogs within this room by staying to the wall opposite of a Cog and carefully avoiding their detection radius, making it the only room where a Toon can actually escape without having to fight the Cogs within it.
- Stomper Alley
- There are six Stompers in this hallway to the right. Toons must avoid them in order to get to the Lava Room Foyer.
- This area also contains a Toon-Up gag barrel and a laff barrel, both of which can be reached by pushing a nearby crate and jumping on top.
- This room also connects to the Duct Room.
- Toons loses three laff points if they are crushed by stompers.
- Side Entrance
- The room Toons start in if they enter the Sellbot Factory via the side elevator. It is virtually the same as the Front Entrance, containing a button directly in front of a locked door. The only difference is that the door leads to the Duct Room. The Cogs in that room can be skipped if Toons skip the Side Entrance and go straight to the Stomper Alley.
- Duct Room
- This area contains three Cogs; a level 3, a level 4, and a level 5.
- If entered from the Side Entrance, the door leading to the Stomper Alley is locked. The button is directly in front of the door. Toons have to fight the Cogs in order to head over to the Stomper Alley.
- Lava Room Foyer
- The only purpose of this room is to connect the Lava Room, the Oil Room Hallway, and the Stomper Alley.
- Lava Room
- Toons must get through the gears and run through the conveyor belt without falling off into the lava and get into the storage room.
- Should they fall off into the lava, they lose two laff points every three seconds until they get out of the lava.
- Lava Storage Room
- This room contains the following gag barrels:
- Oil Room Hallway
- This room has a door that leads to the West Catwalk. It is locked initially, and the button to unlock it is located within the Oil Room.
- This room connects the Lava Room Foyer, the Oil Room, and the West Catwalk.
- Oil Room
- This room contains three Cogs; one level 4 and two level 5s.
- The button that unlocks the door connecting the Oil Room Hallway and the West Catwalk is located behind the three Cogs. Toons cannot avoid the Cogs, as they will detect the Toons if a Toon tries to sneak by them. Toons have to defeat the Cogs in order to unlock the hallway door.
- This room has a locked door leading to another area that connects the East and West Silo Catwalk.
- The button to unlock the door is on top of the platform.
- This room is visible prematurely via the Warehouse lookout, but Toons can only access it from the East and West Catwalks.
- This room has four Cogs, atop a lookout platform. There are two level 4s, one level 5, and one level 6.
- Besides the last battle against the Factory Foreman, this is the only battle in the Sellbot Factory to have four Cogs instead of three.
- Eight small goons roam the area, which does 10 damage.
- All goons can be eliminated by using the four stompers.
- Stepping on one of the orange-colored buttons activates a stomper.
- In order to destroy a goon, press the orange buttons when a goon is underneath the shadow of a stomper.
- The stompers may sometimes glitch and will not destroy the goon underneath it.
- East Silo Catwalk
- This area connects the Warehouse to the bottom of the East Silo.
- An elevator is present in order to get on top of the East Silo.
- West Silo Catwalk
- This area connects the Warehouse to the West Silo.
- An elevator is present in order to get to the top of the West Silo.
- East Silo
- There are three Cogs on top of the East Silo. Two of them are level 6 while the other is a level 7.
- A very dangerous glitch is present on this silo. After arriving on the silo, if a Toon steps backward, they will glitch into the Grey and will be unable to continue the factory. Unless the Toon manages to progress normally even after experiencing the glitch, they will not receive any Merits, ToonTask credit, or factory parts, as they will be stuck in one place, and will be incapable of battling the Foreman.
- East Silo Control Room
- This room houses a button. It must be pressed alongside the one located in the West Silo Control Room in order to access the Center Silo Control Room.
- West Silo
- Three Cogs are on this silo. They are the same levels as the Cogs on the East Silo.
- West Silo Control Room
- This room houses a button. It must be pressed alongside the one located in the East Silo Control Room in order to access the Center Silo Control Room.
- Center Silo Control Room
- The door to the Control Room is locked initially. Once unlocked, Toons can access the Control Room and face off against the Factory Foreman.
- Main page: Factory Foreman
In the Center Silo Control Room, Toons will battle the Foreman along with three other Cogs, all of which are level 6. The Foreman, at level 9, is the highest level Cog in the Factory. He could appear as one of four Cogs; Mover & Shaker, Two-Face, The Mingler, or Mr. Hollywood. Defeating the Foreman and the three Cogs will award Toons with gag experience and Merits, or Sellbot Cog Disguise parts if they lacked parts beforehand.
As the Sellbot Factory is very non-linear while also being the best place to obtain Merits for a Sellbot promotion. Toontown community members have planned out separate routes to take depending on the amount of Merits required, in order to prevent from defeating more Cogs than needed. The routes listed below are the ones commonly used by most Toons.
Short Route (Front Entrance)
This is the route most people will take when either they have a low disguise (such as Cold Caller, Telemarketer, and Name Dropper), they are trying to complete their disguise, or they are capping off something such as a higher Cog promotion or a ToonTask for Sellbots. Six rooms are traveled through, and 20 Cogs must be battled. A total of 480 Merits is awarded via this route.
|Center Silo Control Room||112|
Medium Route (Side Entrance)
This route is rarely used compared to the other two but is a good alternative to doing time-consuming runs through the entire factory, or Toons are trying to get a promotion for a medium level disguise such as Glad Hander, Mover & Shaker, and a low-level Two-Face. A total of 584 Merits is awarded via this route, and 26 Cogs must be battled.
|Pipe Room||112 (56 each battle)|
|Center Silo Control Room||112|
This is the most common route taken, especially by Toons with a level 10 Two-Face disguise, a Mingler disguise, or a Mr. Hollywood disguise. All 35 Cogs must be battled, assuming the Toon does not skip the Cogs in the Pipe and Duct Rooms. A total of 776 Merits is awarded via this route.
|Pipe Room||112 (56 each battle)|
|Center Silo Control Room||112|
Below are helpful tips for Toons to successfully progress through the Sellbot Factory.
- It is recommended to have at least level 4 Squirt and Throw gags.
- If a low laff Toon(s) is attempting to enter the Sellbot Factory, make sure that the Toon has a full boarding group of four.
- Determine if the boarding group will be doing a short, medium, or long route before entering the Sellbot Factory.
- Wait for other group members before starting a battle.
- Many Toons like to battle through the Sellbot Factory with Sound gags. If a Toon has Sound, pick the same gag like the other Toons. However, if a Toon lacks Sound, that Toon can at least target the strongest Cog with a different gag.
- Make sure the group knows which gags they are using. The typical choice of gags tend to be Sound or Lure.
- Do not step backward upon visiting the East Silo leaving the elevator. It is possible to glitch into The Grey, which can prevent further progression.
- The Sellbot Factory is the only Cog facility that:
- contains ambient sound effects, such as wind from atop the Center Silo, and sounds for the Lava Room's conveyer belt and rotating gears.
- has a second entrance and multiple routes.
- does not have Cogs with a double-digit level and has the lowest in level range from 3 to 9.
- includes every Cog on the Sellbots' corporate ladder.
- has no laff limit of any kind.
- The model of the Sellbot Factory exterior is actually recycled from an old Toontown Online asset that was originally intended for the scrapped "Sellbot Foot Factory".
- In the phase files for the game, there is actually an unused model of a much older version of the Sellbot Factory. The basic layout is very similar to the current Sellbot Factory but with some additional rooms and catwalks.
- As of the Toontown Tweaks update released on February 1, 2015, all gag experience and Merits gained are doubled after the Foreman battle, regardless if there is a Cog Invasion.
- Gag barrels are not randomized in the Sellbot Factory like they are in the Cashbot Mints and District Attorney's Office.
- In Toontown Online, the name of every Sellbot Factory room would appear on the player's screen whenever they were entered, and the name of the current room would be displayed in the top right corner. This was added back to Toontown Rewritten in an update released on March 10, 2020.
- The "backwards long jump" Easter egg in the Warehouse Lookout pays homage to the same technique speedrunners use in Super Mario 64 to bypass certain areas and complete the game faster.