Rub Out is a signature Cog attack used by Pencil Pushers. They are the only Cogs who can use this attack.
- A Cog pulls out a pencil and a writing pad.
- The Cog will use the pencil's eraser to erase something in the writing pad.
- As the Cog rubs the eraser on the paper, the Toon's body disappears section by section. The Toon returns to normal as the Cog puts the writing pad away.
- If the attack misses, he/she jumps out of the way.
- "I can make any nuisance disappear."
- "This will cause some fading."
- "I like things neat and tidy."
- "I sense I've lost you somewhere."
- "I'm going to eliminate the problem."
- "I decided to leave you out."
- "Let me take care of your problem areas."
- "I'll just erase this error."
- "I always rub out all obstacles."
- "And now for my disappearing act."
- "Now I see you... now I don't."
- "Please try and stay animated."
- There is nothing written on the writing pad, so it is unknown what the Cog erases from it.
- If a Toon who is invisible is hit by this attack, only their clothes disappear, as their bodies are already invisible.
- The phrase "Now I see you... now I don't" is a pun of an old joke used in cartoons: "Now you see me... now you don't", which is usually followed by a vanishing act.