This page contains an archive of every update for Toontown Rewritten. Click the links below to see what was added to Toontown each year.
This page lists the release notes for Toontown Rewritten during the year of 2017.
- 1 April
- 2 May
- 3 June
- 4 September
- 5 October
- 6 November
- 7 December
April 1, 2017 [ttr-beta-v1.14.0]
- • Major Maintenance Upgrade! The technical team has spent several months ripping out the old code and reworking our client and server build process. This is a major upgrade that streamlines the behind-the-scenes update process, and further stabilizes the game.
- • Upgraded to the latest version of Panda3D and Astron.
- • We're polishing the gears and cleaning up the old pie gunk! This update introduces various performance improvements, code cleanup, and stability enhancements.
- • Improved detection and moderation of non-family friendly chat.
- • Fixed a number of memory leaks that hindered game performance over time.
- • Fixed a bug that made doors sometimes difficult to enter.
- • Prevented a method that allowed Toons to wear Cog disguises in Playground areas.
- • Fixed a rare game crash in the C.F.O. boss battle.
- • Golf balls now properly slow down the C.E.O. in the final round of the boss battle.
- • Fixed a game crash when trying to fire a Cog before it has joined battle.
- • Fixed a district crash when ordering items in the Cattlelog at a friend's Estate.
- • Tweaked a number of models to reduce the amount of glitches caused by April Toons Week gravity changes.
- • Improved appearance of buildings when floating in the air due to April Toons Week gravity changes.
- • Adjusted the appearance of some of the winter clothing and accessory items.
- • APRIL FOOLS! It's the silliest week of the year, and Toontown has gone wild! Enjoy tons of craziness throughout the week.
- • The Pet Shop is open once again! Loony Labs has set up shop inside and needs your help to figure out what's going on with Toontown's silliness.
- • Gadzooks! The gravity in playgrounds is going berserk!
- • Meow? Woof? Oink? Toon sounds and bodies are all jumbled up as a result of April Toons Week!
- • With all of this craziness in Toontown, there's no telling what other surprises are in store...
April 3, 2017 [ttr-beta-v1.14.1]
- • Added several instrumentation systems to help us better understand crashes and performance issues.
- • Fixed a couple of conditions that would cause our account management server to crash and have to restart.
- • Slightly improved game stability for macOS users who choose to play with audio enabled. Hang tight, we're working on a full fix!
- • Fixed a crash that occurs when a Windows user clicks the "Open Folder" button in their Shticker Book.
- • Fixed a crash that occurs when opening the mailbox with a gift from a Toon you are no longer friends with.
- • Fixed a server crash that occurs when battling a Cog after trying to take too many Toontasks via a glitch.
- • Fixed a server crash that occurs when logging out in a Cog Golf Course.
- • Tweaked a few more models to reduce the amount of glitches caused by April Toons Week gravity changes.
- • Improved appearance of buildings when floating in the air due to April Toons Week gravity changes.
- • Toons now react at the appropriate time to a pink slip's cannon.
April 10, 2017 [ttr-beta-v1.15.0]
- • Doodles have arrived, and they're here to stay! Adopt a Doodle TODAY at your local Pet Shop.
- • Doodles have received many performance and maintenance improvements compared to their state in Toontown Online!
- • Massively rewrote Doodle movement in order to prevent server lag in popular districts.
- • Fixed a visual bug on The Brrrgh's Toon HQ.
- • Fixed positioning of the telescope on the Donald's Dreamland Toon HQ.
- • Objects in Donald's Dreamland no longer clip with the sky when being viewed from far away.
April 17, 2017 [ttr-beta-v1.15.1]
- • Cleaned up various code related to Doodles and Estates.
- • Improved game performance by up to 25%. Some people may experience a significant FPS boost!
- • Fixed a bug that would occasionally prevent Toons from buying a Doodle based on the type of name it was given.
- • Eliminated a few server-sided memory leaks which would cause the game to slow down over time.
- • Fixed a great number of crashes that have been reported to us since last week's Doodle update. Thank you to everyone who helped find and squash these bugs to improve the game for others!
May 16, 2017 [ttr-beta-v1.15.2]
- • Upgraded server engine to the latest version, which should fix many server issues that have popped up over the past few weeks. We hope that you are able to play without interruption!
- • Implemented various stability and performance improvements.
- • Implemented "District Draining", a feature that can seamlessly move players from one district to another in the event that a district needs to be restarted or shut down. This will allow us to perform maintenance on districts without interrupting gameplay.
- • Updated an easter egg for programmers and engineers, found in phase_3.
- • Fisherman Lilly is back from vacation! The pond on Maple Street is in service once again.
- • Fixed a bug from the last update that would drastically drive up memory usage while playing.
- • Fixed a district reset relating to Doodles.
- • Fixed a district reset relating to Estates.
- • Added proper collisions to a number of buildings in Toontown Central to prevent "grey area" glitches.
- • Mended a few broken textures and models in Minnie's Melodyland playground.
- • Corrected positioning of the lamps by the pond in Donald's Dreamland playground.
- • The Clerk Clara tutorial now only plays once, even if the Toontorial Trolley ToonTask has not been turned in.
- • Fixed an issue that would prevent Toons from progressing through the tutorial if they had received a Gag-Up Unite.
- • Toons can no longer enter any playground building until completing the Toontorial Trolley ToonTask.
- • Toons who managed to "break out" of Toontown Central to a different playground during the Toontorial can now return to Toontown Central without getting stuck. All glitches to break out of Toontown Central during the Toontorial should now be patched.
- • Fixed a bug that would get Toons stuck while completing the Toontorial ToonTasks in Welcome Valley.
- • Fixed a bug that completed the wrong ToonTasks when skipping the Toontorial.
- • Fixed an issue that made fish shadows invisible in Daisy Gardens and Donald's Dreamland.
- • Added proper collisions to the Cog Thief minigame, stopping Toons from walking through some walls.
- • Fixed a few collision issues in Bossbot Cog Golf Courses to prevent Toons from skipping areas or getting stuck.
- • Nametags now scale at a larger distance, allowing them to be viewed from further away.
- • Winter accessory textures have been tweaked slightly for a better appearance.
- • The Portable Hole is now completely rounded and no longer has pixelation around the edges.
- • The CEO now attacks in a randomly scheduled order, making his attacks more fun and less predictable.
- • Banquet Tables in the CEO battle now have animation and sound effects when being squished.
- • Cover your ears, and feed them quick! The CEO and his Bossbots now discuss a bunch of boring business during the banquet.
June 12, 2017 [ttr-beta-v1.15.3]
- • Tweaked client settings for improved performance. We are currently investigating an issue that drives up RAM usage on some computers.
- • Fixed some of our diagnostic information to improve logging client crash reports. This will allow us to track down crashes much faster!
- • Improved tools for Cast Member Toons to better serve Toontown.
- • The CEO reigns no longer! Fixed a bug causing Toons to get stuck after being squished by the CEO.
- • Battle Races will no longer start with less than two Toons on the starting block.
- • Fixed a district crash caused by using an Anvil after all racers had already finished.
- • Fixed a district crash caused by a client disconnecting unexpectedly before the Toontorial starts.
- • Fixed a bug in one of the Bossbot Golf Course Mazes which subtracted Laff from Toons before the timer expired.
- • Fixed a bug relating to friend management that would occasionally cause lag spikes and district crashes.
- • Added additional safe districts during Mega-Invasions.
- • Implemented a number of solutions to stop cheating during races in Goofy Speedway.
- • Racing logic will soon be completely rewritten soon to mend some of the bugs that have been left over from Alpha, making racing more fun for everyone!
September 1, 2017 [ttr-live-v2.0.0]
- • Toontown Rewritten has officially left Beta!
- • Added new Toontown logo and branding throughout the game.
- • Added new Toontown theme song.
- • The opening sequence to the game has been redesigned! This will continue to be enhanced in future updates.
- • The game cursor can now be modified with custom resource packs.
- • Players can now manually enable an experimental feature called "smooth-frames" in their settings.json file, which will allow the game to run at a higher frame rate. This feature will be moved to the Shtickerbook after more testing!
- • Resource packs can now set unique battle music for each Playground or Cog HQ. All unique Playground battle music must exist as "phase_3.5/audio/bgm/encntr__bg.ogg". For example, "encntr_ttc_bg.ogg" will use custom battle music only for Toontown Central. Cog HQ battle music should go in its respective phase folder.
- • Fixed a bug where Toon's eyes would remain permanently shut.
- • Over 25 new accessories have been added, including many fan favorites from Toontown Online with a new and improved appearance. These will start arriving in future issues of the Cattlelog.
- • New Toon Species have come to Toontown! Go and make a Deer and Crocodile Toon TODAY!
- • Toontown's Districts have been renamed! The Toon Council has come up with new district names that are easier to spell, more fun to say, and fit in perfectly with the wackiness of Toontown.
- • Implemented SpeedChat-only Districts, which restrict the usage of SpeedChat+. These districts are marked with a green SpeedChat button.
- • Updated district-filling algorithm to fill up Districts to a more ideal population. This algorithm also prevents SpeedChat+ players from landing in a SpeedChat-only district when possible.
- • Fixed a number of glitches relating to the Shtickerbook.
- • Toons can now hold all SOS cards! The Shtickerbook page and battle screen has been redesigned to allow them to be scrolled and sorted.
- • Racing stats can now be seen on the "Trophy" tab of the "Racing" page to keep track of progress.
- • Fixed a bug causing Toons to get stuck in their wardrobe or accessory trunk.
- • Toons can now sell fish at their estate! Each estate has been supplied with a special fishing bucket with a portable hole in the bottom, which will take your fish straight to to the Pet Shop.
- • We've rewritten the code for racing from the ground up! Racing previously was written very early in alpha, and had a number of problems that didn't scale well while the game was in Beta. Several of the issues fixed are listed here.
- • Fixed a bug causing race timers to display negative numbers.
- • Fixed a number of bugs relating to gags in Battle Races.
- • Improved handling of Toon disconnects during races.
- • Banana peels have a slightly smaller collision sphere.
- • Implemented Goofy Speedway leaderboard. Compete to earn the fastest time of the day, week, or all time!
- • The Grand Prix is here! Every Monday, you can enter a three-course racing tournament to score massive tickets.
- • Winning races in the Grand Prix now count towards "total races won" trophies.
- • To celebrate all of these racing improvements, Goofy Speedway is hosting a Grand Opening week for the Grand Prix! You can enter racing tournaments on any day until September 8th.
- • Toon Parties are back, and better than ever! Head over to the giant party hat in any playground to plan or join a party! You can also find Party Planning tools in the "Events" section of the Shtickerbook.
- • Implemented all party activities. Previously in Alpha, parties only had cannons, trampolines, and dance floors.
- • Toons can now receive invitations to parties in the mail from their friends.
- • When logging in and at the top of every hour, the party hat will let off a series of silly chimes to note the hour.
- • Added new Toontown Rewritten songs to the Party Jukebox.
- • "Toons Hit" and "Cogs Miss" SOS cards now work for the proper amount of rounds.
- • Fixed a bug that would cause the "0 to go!" animation to trigger during the reward even if a Level 7 gag hadn't been used.
- • Fixed a rare bug where Cogs would appear to be invisible during battle.
- • Extended gag sound effects in resource packs will no longer stall battles.
- • Added new music for Cashbot HQ.
- • Fixed a bug in Lawbot DA Offices where two laser battles could be triggered.
- • Updated an incorrect prop in the Cashbot Bullion Mint which displayed cash instead of gold.
- • Fixed a few bugs where Boss Cogs could still damage Toons while stunned or defeated.
- • Fixed a bug where the VP stun sound effects would continue playing after unstunned.
- • Fixed a bug where the CFO could become unstunned too early.
- • Improved general behavior of CFO attacks.
- • Toons will be alerted by Good Ol' Gil Giggles if the CEO has been fully slowed down by golf balls.
- • Fixed a bug allowing Toons to walk around while the CEO is being demoted.
- • Toons should no longer disappear during the Boss reward movie.
- • Introducing Silly Saturdays! Every Saturday, stop by every 2 hours for Fish Bingo, Trolley Tracks, and Grand Prix events all combined into one silly day.
- • Fixed a bug causing Toons to be booted out of the gag purchase screen before the timer runs out.
- • Fixed a bug causing Whispering Willow and Paula Bear to send an excessive amount of whispers.
- • Moved a picnic table in Acorn Acres to stop Toons from landing on it when entering.
September 2, 2017 [ttr-live-v2.0.3]
- • Fixed a server crash caused by old Toons who were created before the "Last Seen" field was added. We're glad to have you long-timers back!
- • Our internal infrastructure has received a lot of maintenance in order to handle the massive load that the v2.0 update has brought. On the down side, this load has brought about several server issues that prevent people from entering due to the amount of people trying to log in at any given time. On the bright side, this means there are a lot of people coming to play Toontown, so much that we needed to upgrade our servers in order to handle them! We will continue to work around the clock to fix any further issues that arise, and to provide you with the best gameplay experience as quickly as possible.
- • Applied several potential fixes to stabilize the authentication server. Thank you so much for your patience as we work and adjust the game to handle this large capacity!
- • The "Cancel" button on prompts for SpeedChat-only Districts will no longer take you to the District.
- • An icon is now displayed for Safe Districts, which are protected from Mega-Invasions and other events that interrupt standard gameplay (Such as Goofy Speedway's Grand Opening Week).
- • Fixed an issue causing leaderboards not to update correctly.
- • Fixed an issue causing some trophies to display before they were earned.
- • Patched a district reset relating to trophy calculation.
- • Tickets and deposits are now properly rewarded for Grand Prix races. Sorry to those who lost their winnings!
- • Patched several district resets relating to Party Planning.
- • Patched a district reset caused by the Tug-o-War game.
- • Fixed an issue allowing Toons to join Team Activities with more than 4 players per team.
- • Patched a district reset relating to Cog Battles.
September 19, 2017 [ttr-live-2.0.4]
- • Improved server performance to handle higher player load.
- • Updated server engine with performance and stability improvements.
- • Updated Deer and Crocodile sounds to blend better with other animal sound effects.
- • Fixed a bug causing Toon eyes to disappear in some scenarios, such as by wearing the Dork Glasses.
- • Fixed a few bugs with the game's dynamic theme song.
- • Implemented "Super Safe Districts", which disallow Invasion Summoning. These districts are still susceptible to random invasions!
- • Weekly events have been turned off in Safe Districts for those who want to avoid Bingo, Trolley Tracks, or the Grand Prix.
- • Add a confirmation prompt when trying to teleport to Welcome Valley.
- • Changed layout of district page to be more informative and less cluttered.
- • Fixed a crash related to Welcome Valley.
- • ToonFest 2017 is here! Head over to the event tunnel in Acorn Acres to join the party, or click on the red icon next to your friends list.
- • Fixed a number of bugs left over from last year's ToonFest.
- • The ToonFest tunnel will automatically open and close when the event starts and ends, allowing the event to start without an update in the future.
- • Unlike last year, the doors of the ToonFest Tower are already open! You can start buying those unique items as soon as you have tokens in your jar, rather than waiting for it to unlock. Keep your eyes peeled for new ways to earn tokens as the event continues.
- • Improved general stability of Toon Parties.
- • Improved general stability of racing.
- • The leaderboard now shows some of Goofy's personal records to try and beat, rather than an empty list when the top 10 hasn't been filled.
- • Fixed a bug causing leaderboards to show an incorrect time for some records.
- • Grand Prix races should now give out the proper amount of tickets.
- • Improved Grand Prix bonus ticket calculation to account for disconnected racers.
- • Fixed a crash caused by racers taking too long to finish a race.
- • Fixed a bug causing Racing Trophies to be calculated incorrectly.
- • Increased the spawn rate of Cogs in all playgrounds but Toontown Central. Give us feedback to let us know if this new spawn rate is too much, or too little!
- • v2.0 or Skelecog Mega-Invasions now contain "waves" of Cogs, resulting in a different type of Cog invading every few hours.
- • Fixed a bug causing Cogs to appear invisible on rare occasion during battle.
- • Extend the timer of the Diving Game by 10 seconds to allow Toons to collect up to three treasures.
- • Fixed a few visual bugs in Donald's Dreamland.
- • Fully bloomed flowers can now be picked without an additional confirmation prompt. Pick those flowers as fast as the wind!
- • Fixed a district reset related to the Cattlelog.
- • Removed duplicate accessories from the Cattlelog.
October 14, 2017 [ttr-live-v2.0.5]
- • Added the Laff-o-lympics prize items! These prizes are being packaged and will be delivered within the next few days.
- • The smooth frames feature now works properly for exploding Cogs and the dreidel furniture item.
- • Fixed several visual issues relating to transparent ground objects.
- • Fixed visual issues with Pig Toons accidentally introduced in a recent update.
- • Fixed improper alignment of the Scuba Tank and Seltzer Bottle backpack.
- • Added a shortcut on Pajama Place to reach Cashbot HQ more quickly. Go bust those Cogs!
- • Fixed a visual issue a portion of the sidewalk on Seaweed Street.
- • Fixed several visual and collision bugs in the Lawbot HQ boss battle.
- • Introducing the Duck Tank, ToonFest's first teamwork activity! Activate the tank's target by hitting Cog dummies, and then throw as many pies as you can to dunk Cleff! A large amount of ToonFest tokens will be given to all team members based off of how quickly you can dunk him, and how many times the target was hit. You'll need friends to help!
- • The Week-long Grand Finale of ToonFest starts today at 3:00PM Toontown Time (PDT)! Celebrate with Double Tokens and a Finale Fireworks display every three hours, all week long.
- • The new Loco Locomotion Set is now on sale at the ToonFest tower! Grab this limited time interactive furniture item before it's gone!
- • Cog dummies will now give out ToonFest tokens if you hit them enough to trigger the ToonFest tower or Duck Tank.
- • Bean Bags now give out more jellybeans!
- • Riggy is just a "hare" taller than he was before.
- • The price of pies from the Pie Purchases stand has been lowered.
- • Slightly raised the price of 1 hour Merry Multipliers to be consistent with other multipliers.
- • Fixed a bug causing Merry Multipliers to display "already purchased" if a Toon logged off before the multiplier expired.
- • Fixed a bug preventing ToonFest token bags from being picked up when a Toon's jellybean bank was full.
- • Fixed a crash relating to Cog dummy sound effects.
- • Fixed a crash caused by teleporting away while riding the ToonFest tower merry-go-round.
- • Toons will now teleport away from the ToonFest area when the event ends - no update necessary!
November 23, 2017 [ttr-live-v2.0.6]
- • Fixed an issue with the Skelecog Mega-Invasion end date being incorrect in the calendar.
- • Improved our "District Draining" feature, allowing us to locate Toons to a different district and perform maintenance without disrupting gameplay.
- • Black Cats, Polar Bears, and ToonFest Blue Toons can now use a "Toon Rewrite" without losing their special color.
- • Fixed "poofing" for Pumpkin and Snowman heads when running down the street. That'll come in handy this winter!
- • Improved detection to make sure no Toons are left with a permanent Pumpkin head.
- • Fixed a crash related to unites, often causing a crash at the end of a CFO.
- • Fixed a bug causing portions of the Sellbot Factory to disappear when in the East or West Elevator Shaft.
- • "SPLATS" will now appear properly for pies thrown by other players in places such as the Sellbot V.P. Battle.
- • Fixed an issue causing excessive frame rate drops when throwing pies in the Sellbot V.P. or Lawbot C.J. Battle. Let us know if you see an improvement!
- • Fixed an animation error when reeling in fish.
- • Slightly reduced the length of the reel animation.
- • All racing trophies should now display properly in the Shtickerbook.
- • Fixed a visual bug causing the shadow to be visible in the air when placing a Kart.
- • Added widescreen support for the "Exit" button on a race pad.
- • Fixed a district reset relating to Party Planning.
- • Chat messages will no longer be cleared after a Toon-Up gag has been used. (They will, however, still be interrupted by laughs. You can't help but laugh at a good gag!)
- • Fixed a district reset relating to battles.
- • Fixed a bug causing Toons to receive no experience if another Toon unexpectedly disconnects in a Cog Building.
- • Fixed the "500 to go" bug once and for all -- we hope! Send us an email if this issue continues to pop up in any of your battles.
December 18, 2017 [ttr-live-2.1.0]
- • Updated the game engine with various bugfixes.
- • Fixed a visual bug causing a white tint when playing in full screen with some Nvidia Graphics Cards.
- • Added support for 1920x1200 screen resolution.
- • Implemented support for more advanced interactive walking NPCs, currently used for the Winter Holiday Snowtoons. Let us know if you like these NPCs and would like to see more like them!
- • Fixed a typo when rewriting a Toon with a special color.
- • Shopkeepers and HQ Officers now respond with special dialogue when attempting to turn in an incomplete ToonTask.
- • Fixed a typo with Cog Building ToonTasks.
- • Plan a Winter Holiday Party! Special decorations are available for a limited time.
- • Fixed a server crash relating to the Tug-o-War activity.
- • Fixed an issue with duplicate winter items appearing in the Cattlelog.
- • Fixed a server crash relating to winter Cattlelog items.
- • Fixed a longstanding bug preventing Windows users from hitting golf balls properly. Their physics-breaking shenanigans have been stopped!
- • Fixed a crash at the end of boss battles when eight Toons are present.
Winter Holiday Event
- • It's snowing! This blizzard is set up to be Toontown's fiercest yet.
- • Added new Winter Holiday music to all playgrounds.
- • Implemented brand new Winter Caroling ToonTasks! These tasks phase out the old puzzle and add a brand new in-game scavenger hunt to earn your Snowman head. You can grab the task by talking to Snowman in Toontown Central.
- • Added several hidden features yet to be revealed during the Twelve Days of Winter.