This page lists the release notes for Toontown Rewritten during the year of 2016. It will be updated as the year progresses.
Although there were no release notes shown off in blog posts, Toontown Rewritten reached version 1.11.3 during January, whereas the last release notes shown off were on December 17, 2015.
There were no release notes shown off in blog posts throughout February.
March 15, 2016 [ttr-beta-v1.11.4]
- • Happy Pi(e) Day! Make sure you visit Flippy’s Pie Stand in Toontown Central and take some pie off his hands!
- • We have a St. Patrick's Day surprise in store!
- • Fixed a crash relating to Polar effect transformation.
- • Fixed a bug that allowed Toons to have 101 friends (1 above the maximum).
- • Fixed an issue where the Toon Rewrite button wasn’t appearing while the Toon’s name was pending review.
- • Fixed a bug where C.F.O. treasures were not properly spawning when a goon was disabled.
- • Miscellaneous internal fixes.
Although were no release notes shown off in blog posts, an April Fools update introduced the opening of Pet Shops as a prank, which allowed Toontown Rewritten to reach version 1.11.6.
May 7, 2016 [ttr-beta-v1.11.7]
- • Various housekeeping updates.
- • Fix an issue where the V.P. would unstun after running into him.
- • Fix a crash when returning to the Pick-a-Toon screen after exiting or falling asleep.
- • Loony Lab's lease of the Pet Shop has expired. They're empty as ever!
- • SOS cards can now be deleted. In the future you'll be able to hold them all, so use the delete button carefully!
- • SOS cards are now sorted by rarity.
- • When using a restock gags SOS or Unite, gags will now be distributed based on your last purchase. If you didn't purchase the maximum amount of gags you can hold, they will then be randomly distributed starting with the higher gags.
- • Toons Hit/Cogs Miss SOS cards now have 3, 4, and 5 star editions. The 5 star edition will last for three rounds, 4 star will last for two rounds, and 3 star will last for one round.
May 11, 2016 [ttr-beta-v1.11.8]
- • Revert a VP boss battle bugfix due to it causing an issue with the CFO. This fix will return shortly.
- • Fix a crash relating to SOS card deletion.
There were no release notes shown off in blog posts throughout June.
July 1, 2016 [ttr-beta-v1.12.0]
- • OMG!Con items have been added!
- • New music has been added for DA Offices, Mints, and the final area of each Cog Golf Course.
- • New music has also been added to shops in Daisy Gardens.
- • New GUI options have been added so that clothing patterns and colors are separate in the Make-a-Toon and clothing shops.
- • "Just for Fun!" ToonTasks can now be picked up no matter which tasks you are working on. For example, during Bossbot HQ suit part tasks.
- • Every Toon now has a unique "Toon ID" listed on their detail panel. Even if Toons look similar or sport the same name, their Toon IDs will differ! You can use this to find friends, report Toons, and keep track of who's who on your friends list.
- • Clicking on the new delivery button will now prompt you before taking you to your estate.
- • You can now scroll through Shtickerbook pages using your mouse wheel.
- • Make-a-Toon clothing has brand new colors!
- • All Make-a-Toon shirts are now available for both genders. Girls can wear stripes!
- • When doing Lawbot or Bossbot disguise ToonTasks, you can now get your next task by talking to Professor Flake or Shep Ahoy directly rather than going to Toon HQ first.
- • Flippy has returned to behind his desk in Toon Hall! He just wanted to greet everyone at the door.
- • Fix crashes relating to the Toontorial.
- • The victory dance no longer plays at a slowed rate after using the "Resistance Salute" animation.
- • Fix an issue where players would get stuck during a DA Office. Please let us know if you continue to experience this bug!
- • MAJOR Update: We've completed some massive engine improvements to reduce crashing and increase security. We hope you find Toontown to be much more fun with the added stability!
- • Various performance improvements.
July 17, 2016 [ttr-beta-v1.12.1]
- • Mac and Linux versions of the game are now working again. Thank you for your patience with this engine update!
- • Various code cleanup and optimization to prepare for future releases.
- • Fix an engine issue when reaching the final round of the C.E.O.
- • Fix a crash relating to gardening.
- • Fix a crash relating to gifting.
- • Fix a long-standing bug where the phone was impossible to access until moving it at your estate.
- • Fix an issue with teleporting to estates from another district.
- • Fix a crash in DA Offices when attempting to solve a laser puzzle.
- • Fix the particle effect when receiving a new gag or gardening item.
- • Fix an issue where gag trees could not be harvested.
- • Improve client side performance in Bossbot HQ.
- • You can now press F10 to take a screenshot that includes debug information. This is useful when sending them to our support!
- • Some players may experience crashes relating to audio on Macs. As a temporary solution, disable music and sound effects in the game settings to play without issue.
- • Reports have come in that golf balls aren't doing a very good job at slowing down the C.E.O. -- we suggest sticking to the tables until the issue is resolved!
September 20, 2016 [ttr-beta-v1.12.1 (hotpatch)]
- • Toontown Rewritten should now work on macOS Sierra (10.12). Thank you for your patience!
September 30, 2016 [ttr-beta-v1.13.0]
- • ToonFest 2016 has opened its gates!
- • Trimmed the trees to make ToonFest a lot more spacious.
- • Optimized the area for better performance.
- • More activities are hidden in this update... They'll appear in ToonFest in the days to come!
- • ToonFest will last until October 26th. Prizes are coming soon, so stock up on tokens!
- • Cog nametags now appear exactly as they did in Disney's Toontown Online.
- • Miscellaneous maintenance and bugfixes.
October 1, 2016
Although there were no release notes revealed, a patch on October 1st was pushed to resolve an issue for Windows users unable to log in, and crashes when exiting ToonFest. This patch did not require the game to have downtime.
October 4, 2016 [ttr-beta-v1.13.0 (patch)]
- • Server stability improvements.
- • Solve a major server bug resulting in failure of friend lists, estates, and general login for some Toons.
- • The Pie Purchase booth has made a debut in ToonFest! Flippy and his pie stand have packed up and left for a while.
- • Some newly created Toons may be unable to visit their estate. A fix for this is in the works! We recommend emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your username and names of broken Toons so we can collect more information on the problem.
October 28, 2016 [ttr-beta-v1.13.0 (part 2)]
- • Halloween is upon us! The Spooktown Curse has returned, giving Toons who get treats a little trick as well until November 1st.
- • Spooky Bean Bags are scattered throughout the town. Pick one up to get a spooky spell, but beware -- the results are not always quite as sweet as candy!
- • Macs now display a warning about the audio bug. A fix for this crash is in the works!
- • ToonFest Fireworks now spawn correctly.
November 25, 2016 [ttr-beta-v1.13.1]
- • Fix a long-standing crash with HQ Officers in Donald's Dock.
- • ToonFest Cannons have been fixed for better gameplay!
- • Fix capitalization on the unites SpeedChat menu.
- • Fix a bug causing jerky movements when hitting a ToonFest Cog dummy.
- • Fix incorrect texture being loaded for ToonFest token bags.
- • Nametags now display correctly in areas with Picnic Tables.
- • Fix transparency for some glasses accessories which weren't loading correctly.
- • Increase ToonFest token bag amount to 20 tokens.
- • Bean Bags now display how many beans or tokens have been earned when redeemed.
- • The ToonFest Tower has opened its doors with brand new prizes, as well as many loved items from last year!
- • Merry Multipliers are here! Head over to the booth to the right of the ToonFest tower to use your tokens on gag and promotion experience.
- • Riggy Marole is here! He'll be walking around the ToonFest area to talk to Toons throughout the remainder of the event with brand new animation.
- • ToonFest will close its doors for the year on December 2nd! Any features not yet released have been saved for next year's celebration.
December 1, 2016 [ttr-beta-v1.13.2]
- • Double Days and Double Tokens -- ToonFest has been extended through the weekend to allow you to make some last minute purchases!
- • Fix a number of exploits relating to the Teleport GUI.
- • Graphic Options GUI now closes when the Shtickerbook is closed.
- • Fix a crash when sleeping at a picnic table.
- • Cannon collisions have been updated for better gameplay.
- • Toon shadows now properly appear after landing from a cannon.
- • Shorten Black Friday holiday whisper.
December 10, 2016 [ttr-beta-v1.13.3]
- • Minor changes to various cutscenes in the Toontorial for better player experience.
- • HQ Harry has an improved cutscene in the Toontorial.
- • Transparency for the ToonFest glasses has slightly changed.
- • Various typo fixes and dialogue improvements throughout the game.
- • Fix an exploit which allowed players to create a loud sound by spamming animations or SpeedChat phrases.
- • Fix a bug that prevented players from clicking Tutorial Tom's speech bubbles in the Toontorial.
- • Eliminate visual stuttering for the Toontorial Flunky.
- • The Toontorial Battle no longer clips with the edge of the sidewalk.
- • A number of Toontorial ToonTasks now properly zoom in to the NPC.
- • Fixed lack of widescreen support for the "Make a Friend" ToonTask GUI.
- • Street props will now always display in Toontown Central. A previous bug made them only appear after visiting a street.
- • Fix a bug causing both Toon HQ doors to display arrows in the margins
- • The final battle of the CEO now plays the correct music.
- • Fix a bug which caused nametags to be unclickable during the final battle of the CEO.
- • Fix a bug which caused the VP to stop moving after being ran into while stunned.