This is Toon HQ, bringing archives of all of Toontown Rewritten’s updates! Click the links below below to see what was added to Toontown throughout the years.
This page lists the release notes for Toontown Rewritten during the year of 2015.
January 3, 2015 [ttr-beta-v1.7.15]
Launcher (Windows and Linux):
- • Major Update! - v1.2.0
- • Greatly improve look and performance of the launcher.
- • Fix a crash on some machines when Two-Step Login is enabled.
- • Recent news is now displayed on Doctor Surlee's chalkboard.
- • Cleanup for Estate Furniture Manager.
- • Fix an issue where items couldn't be deleted from the attic at estates.
- • Estate windows now work properly.
- • The mailbox now shows an error if your attic, closet, or accessory trunk is too full.
- • Toontown Rewritten is now available on all major Linux distributions!
January 15, 2015 [ttr-beta-v1.7.17]
- • Major Update! We've rewritten major parts of the code to give an immense performance boost to our servers. This will be continued further in the next update, so keep your eyes peeled for smooth performance on the horizon.
- • Fix the estate phone animation occasionally not working.
- • Miscellaneous bugfixes.
February 1, 2015 [ttr-beta-v1.8.0]
- • Major Update: Our server engine has been updated! Long awaited bug-fixes, optimizations, and more have been applied to the server. We're in progress of overhauling our deployment system - expect more improvements to come.
- • A long-time knockback bug, present since the beginning of Toontown Online, has now been fixed! Damage bonuses should be properly applied.
- • Fix a few typos and odd phrasing in various places, as suggested by the community.
- • Various performance and crash fixes.
- • The rarity of fish has been slightly decreased, making fishing less of a chore while still challenging for veteran players.
- • The animation when planting and watering flowers has been made faster.
- • Cog HQ factories and bosses now receive a constant 2x experience bonus regardless of an invasion, due to their increased difficulty. Invasion bonuses remain the same on streets and buildings.
- • Invasion summon amounts have been increased and now have varying amounts, resulting anywhere between 3,000 and 10,000 Cogs.
- • The battle camera now adjusts to the height of the tallest Cog.
- • Cog merit counts are now shown on the inventory page by pressing the "Home" hotkey.
- • Toontown has received 10 New Toon Colors for the very first time: Rose Pink, Ice Blue, Mint Green, Emerald, Teal, Bronze, Amber, Crimson, Dark Green, and Steel Blue. Go make a New Toon today!
- • Toons now receive teleport access to Cog HQs upon reaching Level 50. If you're already Level 50, you'll have to defeat the boss one more time so the Toon Council can award it to you!
- • If the building you need to visit for a ToonTask is a Cog Building, it will display in grey on the Street M.A.P.S.
- • Once your Cog Radar is completed, Cog Buildings for that suit type will appear on the Street M.A.P.S.
- • When dancing, the panel will now show if you have received bonus experience from the battle.
- • Add an optional "Show Cog Levels" button to the Battle GUI, to display the opponent's level and health status.
- • The district page has been redesigned! Population and invasion status is shown by clicking on a specific district.
- • Toons can now purchase a "Rewrite Toon" item every 6 months to change their color or size for 10,000 beans. NOTE: Black cats and Polar bears will lose their effect by changing color!
February 14, 2015 [ttr-beta-v1.8.1]
- • Cog HQ Factories now give the proper amount of Gag XP.
- • Fix a bug where population values on the district page wouldn't update.
- • Fix a bug where the Cog Level GUI would show incorrect Cogs.
- • Fix a crash in the Toontorial relating to invasions.
- • Fix a district reset relating to picnic tables.
- • The "Bronze" color is now known as "Apricot."
- • Slightly improve positioning of winter accessories.
- • You can now click on your current district to view population and invasion status as well.
- • Cog HQ Bosses will no longer unstun when a Toon bumps into them.
- • Due to popular demand, winter accessories are back for a limited time in the Cattlelog!
March 6, 2015 [ttr-beta-v1.8.2]
- • Cogs now properly open and close Cog HQ doors when walking through them.
- • Fix a crash relating to Tug-of-War.
- • Fix incorrect textures for the O'Skirt and O'Shorts.
- • The Chief Justice cutscene has received a Toon-up. Let us know what you think!
- • Toons can now exit a Fishing dock by pressing the "escape" key.
- • The whitelist has been updated once again with new words.
March 14, 2015 [ttr-beta-v1.8.3]
- • Server Engine Update! We've included some experimental major server stability improvements to test out throughout the weekend.
- • Fix an exploit where Toons could receive unreleased "special" animations -- don't worry, they are being released soon!
- • Fix a crash related to furniture.
- • Fix Bingo card placement.
- • Potentially fix garden growth for some players. Bear with us as we continue to investigate this issue.
- • Clothing stores now accept Jellybeans once again.
March 16, 2015 [ttr-beta-v1.8.4]
- • Server engine update
- • We rewrote our Garden Growth code. Let us know how well it works for you!
March 20, 2015 [ttr-beta-v1.8.5]
- • Double Bean Days are here! All jellybeans earned on the trolley will be doubled until Sunday at midnight Toontown Time.
- • Added new abilities to our moderation backend.
- • Modify how SpeedChat+ messages are sent. This should fix the 'Ignore' feature not working.
March 28, 2015 [ttr-beta-v1.8.6]
- • Fix an exploit that could cause a district reset.
- • Fix a district reset relating to racing.
- • Fix a crash when clicking the "Settings" button on the Chatless Dialog.
- • Toons can now go Chatless by changing settings on the Account section of the Toontown Rewritten website.
- • SpeedChat has been tweaked a bit with better placement and new phrases. Try it out, and let us know what other changes you want!
April 1, 2015 [ttr-beta-v1.8.8]
- • Released BBQHQ and C.H.E.F. banquet.
April 5, 2015 [ttr-beta-v1.8.9]
- • Severe gravitational mishaps have been spotted in Toontown Central, Barbecue HQ, and other places around Toontown!
- • Randomized Toon Effects now only affect Toons when they are in the Playground.
April 11, 2015 [ttr-beta-v1.8.10]
- • Fix a crash that occurred when many people enter a Cog HQ door at once
- • Fix another type of door crash
- • Teleport access to a Cog HQ is now granted after earning a promotion from Level 12 to Level 13. If your suit is currently between Level 12 and 49, you will be granted teleport access after your next boss battle.
- • The Mystery Tunnel has reappeared! Apparently BBQHQ ran out of sauce...
April 14, 2015 [ttr-beta-v1.8.11]
- • Improve backend features and stability.
- • Fix various crashes occasionally encountered when entering doors.
- • Fix a district reset relating to code redemption.
- • Implement the 16th amendment.
April 19, 2015 [ttr-beta-v1.8.12]
- • Fix a district reset caused by gardens that are over 127 days old.
- • Server-side logging improvements.
- • Move all Sellbot Headquarters spawn points out of the path of the Cogs.
May 3, 2015 [ttr-beta-v1.9.0]
- • Bossbot Headquarters has been discovered! (as well as completely overhauled by our art team!)
- • Cogs now roam Bossbot HQ.
- • Catch object data mismatches in the DA Offices.
- • Fix getting stuck talking to an NPC when another Toon talks to the NPC at the same time.
- • Improve chat filtering.
- • Security updates.
May 10, 2015 [ttr-beta-v1.9.1]
- • Activate the tunnel between Chip n' Dale's Minigolf and Bossbot Headquarters.
- • You will now rotate if you jump on the spinning gears near the BBHQ Oil Fountain. Watch out for the Cog's sticky oil, though!
- • Lowered Laff requirements for the Middle Six and Back Nine.
- • Reduced the number of Cogs roaming the Bossbot Courtyard.
- • Lowered the maximum number of Toons in a District at once for more diversity.
- • Added minor graphical improvements to Bossbot HQ.
- • Version 2.0 status is now displayed in the Battle GUI.
- • Added a 4K resolution option to the Shtiker Book!
- • Add sound effects to Bossbot Headquarters.
- • Mata Hairy and Good Ol' Gil Giggles now have their proper look.
- • Fix the incorrect message being displayed to Toons who try to enter the CEO Lobby without their Bossbot Cog Disguise.
- • Fix misaligned "Executive Office Tower" sign.
- • Fix the Oil Fountain not causing damage to Toons who jump in it.
- • Experimental fix for Cog Golf Course/District Attorney's Office/Cashbot Mint crashes.
- • Fix a bug where Bossbot Headquarters would remain loaded even after a Toon has left.
- • Fix a crash relating to the Acorn Acres picnic/game tables.
May 18, 2015 [ttr-beta-v1.9.2]
- • Fixed the "walking through walls" glitch in the Sellbot Factory.
- • Fixed exiting The Clubhouse out of the wrong door.
- • Fixed M.A.P.S. breaking after entering a building.
- • Fixed the gears in Bossbot Headquarters not spinning after reentering the area.
- • Revised the CEO battle cutscenes.
- • Added randomly spouting geysers to the Oil Moat when in The Clubhouse.
- • Made the SpeedChat menu automatically load when you first enter Toontown.
- • Added a "Cog Golf Course" SpeedChat menu for use in CGCs.
- • Increased the timer length at the end of a CGC to forty seconds.
May 27, 2015 [ttr-beta-v1.9.3]
- • Fixed gardens not growing for a certain segment of players.
- • Fixed a typo in the Gag Delivery SpeedChat phrase.
- • Fixed our internal District Reset monitoring tool.
- • Raised district caps by 100 Toons.
- • Added an additional chat filter pass.
- • Disabled the special SpeedChat method of teleporting to Bossbot Headquarters.
- • Miscellaneous security patches.
June 1, 2015 [ttr-beta-v1.9.4]
- • Fixed an occasional district reset bug caused by leaving your estate.
- • Applied an experimental fix for Mint/DA Office/Cog Golf Course corruption.
- • Updated our latest chat filter pass to reduce the amount of false positives.
- • Tweaked the behavior of chat bubbles when choosing gags in a battle. They should now be forced to the margin.
- • Cleaned up various NPC dialogue.
- • Improved various moderation tools.
June 2, 2015 [ttr-beta-v1.9.5]
- • Added the limited-time "Twelfth Topper" party hat to celebrate Toontown's 12th birthday!
- • Celebrate Toontown's 12th birthday with hourly fireworks in every playground!
- • Rolled back the experimental DA Office/Cog Golf Course fix.
- • Turned on extra logging for Cog Golf Courses to help us diagnose the issues that some players are having.
- • Various moderation tool improvements.
June 23, 2015 [ttr-beta-v1.9.6]
- • Added brand new ToonFest 2015 swag! Redeemable codes distributed at OMGcon will now work in your Shtiker Book!
- • Don't feel left out if you weren't able to attend, because everyone will be able to claim some of the ToonFest 2015 swag for a limited time!
- • Fixed some users not being able to redeem codes for ToonFest 2014 apparel.
- • Cleaned up Fish Bingo so it no longer causes a resource leak on Districts.
- • Fixed an issue where spamming the Control key in the Toontown Match Game would disconnect you.
- • Removed the '\x03' character from Cog names when they appear in the Invasions API.
- • Expanded the capacity of the Attic such that it can hold 100 items.
- • Fixed an issue where Cattlelogs would not be delivered often enough.
- • Fixed the red flag on the mailbox not reacting to a new delivery.
- • Fixed a glitch with the DA Office "Avoid the Skull" minigame.
- • Fixed the red quit button erroneously showing on an NPC's chat bubble as another player finishes talking to them.
- • Updated the SpeedChat+ whitelist.
July 4, 2015 [ttr-beta-v1.9.7]
- • Add in summer fireworks for everyone to celebrate between July 4th and July 6th.
July 15, 2015 [ttr-beta-v1.9.8]
- • Gifting has arrived! Toons are now able to send Toontastic gifts from their Cattlelog to others on their friends list.
- • Loyalty items in the back of your Cattlelog are now able to be purchased by Toons who have shown their Toontown spirit long enough! Some Toons may experience "weird" timings until they receive their next cattlelog.
- • The district "Pianissimo Plains" was renamed to "Pianissimo Plateau", and "Easel Acres" was renamed to "Avant Gardens".
- • Fixed a bug where Laff Meters would remain above your head after going Sad in a CEO Battle.
- • Fixed treasure models loading incorrectly in the CFO Battle.
- • Fixed various visual glitches around town, including flicking door textures.
- • Updated our engine to its latest version.
- • Fixed a crash relating to the Acorn Acres picnic tables.
- • Fixed a few dialogue typos.
- • Various chat moderation improvements.
August 1, 2015 [ttr-beta-v1.9.9]
- • Fix a crash when viewing gifts from non-friend Toons.
- • Fix a server crash related to Cog battles.
- • Mata Hairy's unite at the end of a C.F.O. now works properly.
- • Fix an issue with golf balls moving slowly in Cog Golf Courses.
- • Fix a server crash relating to ToonTasks.
- • Add a "cooldown" timer in the Chief Justice boss battle that displays the time until a bonus for stunning all Cogs can be earned again.
- • Storm Sellbot Headquarters has almost fully arrived! Supplies have landed in Sellbot Headquarters, and will become functional once the main event starts.
August 2, 2015 [ttr-beta-v1.9.10]
- • Toon Resistance gag barrels in Sellbot Headquarters are now active. No need to run back to the playground during the operation!
- • Rental Suits are now available. Enter the entrance to Sellbot Towers and fight the VP, even if you're a newbie!
- • The Vice President is running low on Cogs for his fleet. Defeating him is easier than ever!
August 21, 2015 [ttr-beta-v1.9.15]
- • Add missing dialogue to the end of Lord Lowden Clear's second Storm Sellbot ToonTask.
- • Storm Sellbot ToonTasks can now be deleted.
- • Storm Sellbot has been extended until August 30th!
- • Add "That's not very Toony!" SpeedChat phrase.
- • After defeating a VP in Storm Sellbot, you'll now be taken back to Sellbot HQ's Resistance Outpost.
- • Five new ToonTasks have been added to Storm Sellbot -- one from each of the Resistance Rangers, and two from Lord Lowden Clear. Go see the new rewards, including Level 7 SOS cards!
September 19, 2015 [ttr-beta-v1.10.0]
- • ToonFest 2015 has opened its gates!
- • The ToonFest Grounds have received a slight makeover.
- • Confetti is falling from the tower!
- • Trampolines and Cannons have been scattered throughout the area, with more activities to come.
- • The ToonFest fishing pond is now the only pond in Toontown to give out ToonFest Tokens!
- • ToonFest will last until October 19th, and more activities will be added throughout it. Stay TOONed!
- • Toons now continue running when throwing pies.
- • Miscellaneous maintenance and bugfixes.
September 21, 2015 [ttr-beta-v1.10.1]
- • Fix miscellaneous bugs relating to ToonFest.
September 21, 2015 [ttr-beta-v1.10.2]
- • Fix ToonFest Token conversion for fishing.
- • Fix a district reset relating to ToonFest activities.
- • Properly play the ToonFest theme music when logging out of the game.
September 21, 2015 [ttr-beta-v1.10.3]
- • Riggy has scattered Bean Bags throughout ToonFest, an idea by Taylor -- our "Prep for ToonFest" contest winner!
- • Trampolines now use ToonFest tokens rather than jellybeans.
- • Add a new sound effect for ToonFest tokens.
- • Increase visibility of fish shadows in the ToonFest pond.
September 27, 2015 [ttr-beta-v1.10.4]
- • Party all day, and party all night -- the sun now sets on ToonFest every hour!
- • The ToonFest Fireworks Finale is here! Check the blog for a schedule.
- • Flippy and Fluffy have made their way into ToonFest!
- • ToonFest activities now give a more balanced (INCREASED!) amount of tokens.
- • Fix an issue with the Tag Game spawning Bean Bags.
- • Fix crashes relating to Trampolines.
- • Fix a bug allowing Toons to reach impossible heights on trampolines.
- • Add a check to prevent pesky Toons from "farming" Bean Bags.
October 20, 2015 [ttr-beta-v1.10.5]
- • ToonFest is gone for this year. We hope you had fun!
- • Fix a few minor issues with the new "ToonFest Blue" color.
- • Fix various server-side issues and code cleanup.
October 25, 2015 [ttr-beta-v1.10.7]
- • Toontown has turned into SPOOKtown! The skies have grown dark from Jack O' Kazam's yearly curse!
- • Trick or Treat Week is in full swing! From now until November 1st, you can solve the riddles to earn yourself a load of Jellybeans -- but beware the Pumpkin Head Curse.
- • Jack O' Kazam has "lost" all of his Spooky Bean Bags, but can we trust him? These rare bags are scattered all over Toontown. Pick one up to receive your own Spooky Spell to share with friends, but beware -- the results are not always quite as sweet as candy!
November 24, 2015 [ttr-beta-v1.10.10]
- • Fix glitches in the Cashbot Mint and Lawbot DA offices that allowed players to skip battles and puzzles.
- • Fix a few visual glitches relating to Toon eyes.
- • Fix an issue where nametags and shadows may disappear in Cog Golf Courses.
- • It is now easier to see Toon speech during Boss Battles.
- • Collisions have been slightly tweaked for better gameplay.
- • Implement new means of escape! To make sure no Toon gets left behind, some obstacles now have a timer that will reveal a shortcut when it hits zero. You won't get left behind if you can't complete a puzzle, but you may lose some Laff and a few rewards.
December 7, 2015 [ttr-beta-v1.11.0]
- • Chip ’n Dale’s MiniGolf is open to all!
- • The new Laff point limit is 136.
- • Added a new “Name Rewrite” item to the special area of Clarabelle's Cattlelog. Toons can now rename themselves -- but only once per year. It's better to stick with your own name, after all! (Note: You’ll have to wait until your next Cattlelog before you see this item in the Special tab.)
- • Fixed a district reset caused by exiting the Mint during an obstacle course.
- • Fixed an issue with players being unable to enter the maze games in the Bossbot Cog Golf Courses.
- • Fixed sound volume scaling on certain objects such as the Cashbot trains and Toon sound effects.
- • Various code cleanup and tool enhancements.
December 17, 2015 [ttr-beta-v1.11.1]
- • Implement events for Toontown's 12 Days of Winter 2015. We hope you like them!
- • Various fixes and code improvement.