The neighborhoods are named by the order of where the Toons go for progression: Toontown Central, Donald's Dock, Daisy Gardens, Minnie's Melodyland, The Brrrgh, and Donald's Dreamland. There are two neighborhoods in which Toons do not have to complete ToonTasks in; Chip 'n Dale's Acorn Acres and Goofy Speedway.
Points of interest
- Main page: Toon Headquarters
- Main page: Trolley
The Trolley is a locomotive that Toons can ride to play minigames to earn more jellybeans. Up to four Toons can play, and there are some minigames that can only be played with multiple Toons. Once a minigame is finished, the Toon(s) then collect their jellybean rewards, and they have the choice to play another minigame or return to the playground. There are 17 Trolley minigames in total.
Goofy's Gag Shop
- Main page: Goofy's Gag Shop
Goofy's Gag Shop is a building where Toons can restock their gags by paying with jellybeans. Gag Shops can only be found in playgrounds.
- Main page: Fishing
The fishing pond is a small body of water in every playground. By standing on one of the docks, a Toon may fish to collect various types of fish. The fish can then be sold to fishermen in exchange for jellybeans. The small black shadows in the ponds represent fish, old boots, or jellybean jars. Toons may also fish here to complete ToonTasks.
- Main page: Party gate
Each playground has a party gate that Toons can visit to plan their very own party. A party gate is manned by two party planners, in which Toons may speak to one of them to teleport to the party grounds and go through the process of creating a party.
- During Doomsday, the Cogs invaded the Toontown Central playground. This was the only time where the Cogs managed to invade the central area of a playground. Ever since then, the Cogs invaded the streets of Toontown.
- Donald Duck is the only owner of two playgrounds, unlike other Disney characters.
- The structure of Donald's Dreamland is essentially one big bed.
- Another area that is not officially classified but can technically be considered a "playground" is the Cartoonival Grounds, which is accessible from Chip 'n Dale's Acorn Acres but only opens during annual Cartoonival events.
- There is an extra cloud on the map of Toontown just off the outskirts of Minnie's Melodyland that had been confirmed to be a new playground.