- The Cog wiggles its fingers, forming a straight line of yellow sparks.
- The sparks gradually move towards the targeted Toon(s).
- If the Toon(s) is hit, they will be lifted up by the sparks and shaken in the air before being dropped back to the ground.
- If the Toon(s) avoids the attack, they will jump over the sparks causing them to disappear.
- "Look into my shifty eyes!"
- "You'll get shifted out of place."
- "Your shift is up!"
- "Prepare to have your paradigm shifted!"
- "I'm giving you the bad shift!"
- "Watch out! I'm rather shifty."
- "I guess it's your shift now."
- "You've never shifted this much in your life."
- "Isn't this an interesting paradigm."
A paradigm shift defines a sudden change in perspective towards a particular thing.
This term was popularized by The Structure of Scientific Revolutions (1962), a book written by Thomas S. Kuhn (1922–1996), a philosopher of science.
- This is capable of causing the most damage in comparison to any other Cog attack; this being because The Mingler can use this attack to cause 24 damage to a group of Toons.
- A Spin Doctor performing this attack has a slightly higher average accuracy than The Mingler performing the attack.
- Paradigm is pronounced "pair-a-dime" in American English or "par-a-dime" in British English.
- There are other attacks which are also capable of causing a maximum of 24 damage, however these attacks only attack a single Toon. Those attacks are Chomp and Evil Eye.
- The Paradigm Shift is the strongest group attack in the game because The Mingler's Paradigm Shift can deal up to 24 damage at level 11 to all Toons.