|News for the Amused
This page contains an archive of every blog post from Toontown Rewritten's website. Click the links below to see what was published on the Toontown blog each year.
- 1 January
- 2 February
- 3 March
- 4 April
- 5 May
- 6 June
- 7 July
Posted by The Toontown Team on January 14, 2021 at 2:00 PM
- Maxuhmillion isn’t just any ol’ blue bear -- he’s a member of the Toontown Rewritten Partner Program! As a Content Creator, Max strives to entertain Toons by interacting with them in-game and streaming on Twitch for others to follow along. Today, we’re here to interview him on what it’s like being a Toontown Rewritten streamer and a part of our Partner Program. You won’t be disappointed by his answers!
- First off, we’d love to hear one of your favorite parts about being a Toontown Rewritten streamer. Don’t hesitate to tell a fun memory or two you have from streaming!
- My favorite part about being a Toontown Rewritten streamer would have to be how many opportunities I have to meet new people! Toontown was a huge part of my childhood and continues to be today, and getting to share that fun with others makes it even more enjoyable. A fond memory I have from streaming would have to be when I got the chance to stream on the Toontown Rewritten channel during Cartoonival this past year. It was a dream come true, and I was able to play and have fun with so many others.
- Ah, Cartoonival! It sure was fun enjoying all the Toony celebrations and meeting up with fellow Toontown-lovers in-game. But if you don’t remember Maxuhmillion from his Toonerrific Cartoonival livestreams on Twitch, perhaps you’ll recall hearing about the charity livestream he held in the past. Let’s have Max tell us a bit about that!
- Something a few people know about me is that one of the reasons I started streaming was with the hopes that one day I could raise money for charity. Hosting the charity streams were both very successful and was very motivating to me personally. In August, I did a five day charity stream with a fellow Toontown Rewritten Partner Princess Sandy, who is also a great friend/moderator of mine. That was my first time doing a charity event, and it was better than I could have ever imagined. With the amazing support of the community, I was able to raise $625 for front-line health workers. I was beyond ecstatic, because we were able to raise way past our originally intended goal of $200. I certainly want to do more charity events in the future and see if we can reach an ever higher ceiling!
- WOWZA! A major congratulations to Max for surpassing his original fundraising goal by over TRIPLE what he was hoping for. Those of us on the Toontown Rewritten Team are seriously excited to see what he’ll do next. Speaking of, let’s see what he thinks of his experience of being a streamer and part of our Partner Program so far.
- My experience as both a streamer and a Toontown Rewritten Partner has been such an amazing time. I am very thankful to the Toontown Rewritten team for giving me this chance and getting to know all of the staff and other communities is so much fun. Joining the program helped me get out of my shell and further develop friendships within the game that I may not have made otherwise. As for my stream I just would like to add that everyone is always welcome to join and I would love to get to know new people and if I get the chance to play with them in game!
- Before he has to go, we want to ask Max one last “Just for Fun!” question. When you need help in a Cog battle, which S.O.S Toon or friend do you call for first?
- The person I would call to my aid would have to be someone who I know and trust to have my back -- my girlfriend Princess Sandy. I’ve known her for a long time, and she is someone that I know I can rely on when needed most, so if I was stuck battling cogs she would be there to help in an instant. She supports me the most, and I always have a fun time playing with her so I know we would be able to turn the tables on any cogs!
- Now that’s a response even sweeter than cream pie! Well, Toons, that’s all we’ve got for today, but be sure to keep a lookout on Twitch and in-game for Content Creator Maxuhmillion. See you around, Toons, and keep up the great Cog-defeating work!
Posted by Lil Oldman on January 20, 2021 at 2:00 PM
- Now what was it that I was supposed to be up to today… Ah, that’s right. I intended to make some delicious broth for all the new Toons of Toontown. After all, one cannot begin their final test before eating. No, that mustn't be it. After all, those who wish to take their final test must earn that broth. Perhaps I shall consult with a talking toad.
- Ah, that’s right! Thank you, my froggy familiar. Today is a day that I have been looking forward to for quite a long while! After all, today is… National Cheese Lover’s Day! I consider myself to be a connoisseur of cheese, if I do say so myself. But where to find this cheese I desire?
- Ohoho, look to the skies. Like clockwork, my wishful thinking has been answered. Until the end of today, The Big Cheeses are invading Hiccup Hills, Zoink Falls, and Thwackville! How is that, you may ask? Well, a wizard never reveals his secrets.
- Now, I have faith in all of you that these provolone pests will be taken care of, hm? I’ve asked for the Toon Resistance to be deployed as well -- the more Toons we have on the streets, the more cheese we can gather, and the more delicious broth we can make.
- Remember, gather all the cheese you can! The Big Cheeses come in all sorts of varieties, from the gnarliest of goudas to the most camembert of the Cogs. And if you’re one of my Toons in training, consider this your lucky break.
- Now, let us eat our broth. Where did I put that caviar…?
Posted by The Toontown Team on January 23, 2021 at 2:15 PM
- Ever since the game launched in 2013, Toontown Rewritten has been built, managed, and operated entirely by our team of dedicated volunteers. The Toontown Rewritten Team is made up of regular Toons just like you who have a passion for Toontown, and joined the team as a way to help support the game and help it grow.
- In 2020 alone, we received over one thousand new applications from people interested in joining the team! We are beyond grateful and humbled by how many Toontastic people there are in the community who are interested in donating their time to help support this project we all care so much about. As we kick off the new year, we’re looking for dedicated and talented Toons like YOU to join our team!
- Why should I join the Toontown Team?
- Joining our staff team is a great way to get more involved with the game itself and the community surrounding it. With 21 different positions people can apply for, there are many different ways that you can get involved with the project and help support the game! Whatever it is that you may be skilled in, we’re sure you can find a role that will put your talent to good use!
- Working for Toontown is also great experience to put on your resume when applying for jobs and internships. While our skill requirements vary from positions to position, working on the Toontown Rewritten Team helps you to break into the game design industry without needing any formal experience under your belt. Many of our past and present team members have landed real jobs in the game development and other industries thanks to having Toontown listed on their resume!
- What happens when I send in an application?
- Once you send in your application for the team, it is filed away by our Support Representatives and then is passed onto our Hiring Management team. When we’re ready to hire new people for a specific position, our Hiring Managers will review the applications in the queue to find applicants who seem to be the best fit for the job. They also take some time to run a background check on candidates to see if there’s anything in their chat logs or account history that would prevent them from being a representative for the team. Did you know that our Hiring Managers background check every application that is sent in? This is done to try to give applicants feedback on anything that might be of concern in their candidacy so they can start improving on it as soon as possible.
- When our Hiring Managers find an application that meets our qualifications, they then pass it on to relevant parties within the department for another round of review. If they feel that an applicant could be a good fit for the team, we’ll then invite the candidate to have a short interview with us so we can get to know them better and see how their skills and personality would fit in with the team. Candidates who pass the interview stage are then invited to join the team as a trial for their position!
- What's the difference between "open" and "inactive" positions?
- While we love it when we’re able to bring new talent onto the team to help grow the vision for Toontown, there are times when we’re not actively able to bring on new team members. More often than not, positions that are inactive are designated as such due to limited training capacity. It takes a lot of time and effort to give our new team members the training and attention they need, and with a team full of volunteers, there’s only so much of that we can do at a time! As such, we only bring new team members on when we know that we’ll have the available time and resources to help support them through their trial and gain the skills they need to succeed with us.
- While we still allow interested parties to send in applications for inactive positions, our Hiring Managers may not review these applications until we are actively looking to hire new people to fill these roles. Some positions may reopen sooner than others, so unfortunately, we are unable to give time estimates on when an application for an inactive position will be reviewed. If you want to be notified as soon as we’re looking to hire for a specific position, send us an email at to be added to the notification list!
- Now that you know how our application process works, we encourage you to fill out and submit one -- or more than one! -- today. For those who are still hesitant to apply, remember, you’ll never know what’ll happen until you try.
Posted by The Toontown Team on February 11, 2021 at 2:00 PM
- Have you ever been a bit stuck while playing Toontown? Sometimes you need the help of fellow Toons to take down the Sellbot V.P. but there’s no one in sight! Other times, maybe those pesky Cog invasions have gone on forever and you want to see how much time is left...or you’re just curious about your chances of catching that dang Devil Ray! Regardless of what it is, ToonHQ has got you covered.
- ToonHQ is a website and mobile app run by a dedicated couple named Luke and Nicole, also respectively known by their Toon names, Felix Pumpkinhopper and Rosie Pumpkinhopper. Nicole works hard on the artistic aspect of the site while Luke handles the programming. Their efforts have come together to create a site that helps Toons all across the Tooniverse with everything above and more, so I like to think of them as real-life HQ Officers! Today, we’re here to see what Luke and Nicole have to say about ToonHQ.
- So, you two are quite the dynamic duo! Can you describe your inspiration for starting ToonHQ?
- So the funny story behind ToonHQ is it actually started as a Playline queue. I'm sure everyone that played TTR in the early days has incredibly fond memories of (im)patiently waiting for their chance to hop in the game. Not everyone could keep their computer up on the queue page all day, and sometimes the ETA would drop unexpectedly catching people off guard, so we released an app that allowed folks to maintain their place in line from their phone.
- When the Playline wasn't an issue anymore, we realized that we missed the invasion tracker that was available for TTO. We put some feelers out to the team seeing if they'd ever be open to an invasion API, and thankfully, within a few weeks the web team released one for sites to use! Once the API was out, we threw a little site together for us to use with our friends. I never imagined it would spread as much as it did back then, let alone how much it has today!
- Fun fact about that API, by the way: Joey initially said it would only work during early beta days, and that we'd have to rely on manual reports from players once the API goes away. As such, the first version of ToonHQ actually had hidden functionality that would let folks report invasions, say they've expired, etc. Very glad we never had to use that!
- Wow, that sure is interesting! ToonHQ has definitely come a long way since you two initially released it. In fact, you recently released a major update and a brand new ToonHQ mobile app! Would you care to talk a bit about some of ToonHQ’s newest features and the process for implementing these new changes?
- We're still so excited (and relieved) that the update is finally out. The UI was starting to feel really dated on the old site, so we tried to bring more of the fun Toontown energy to the new site. We also overhauled the ways that the site handles data, so it's real-time now! Then of course, there's the addition of accounts, being able to track multiple Toons, showing off what gags you have, and other group improvements.
- In terms of implementing the changes, we understandably got a lot of questions over the years as to why the update was taking so long. The thing is, we wanted to modernize the stack with this update because the site had grown so much more than what it was originally designed for. If you'd told me in 2014 that ToonHQ was going to be used by the majority of the Toontown community, I probably would have just laughed. As such, there were a lot of things that could've been done better and were holding the site back. We rewrote everything, I'm not sure there's a single line of code left over from the old version of the site. This took a long time because we have day jobs, but we're now in a position where adding new features is much easier! We're thrilled that we've already been able to release several updates since the new version went live.
- I’m sure the rest of the Toontown community is equally thrilled -- I know I am! ToonHQ has been a mainstay in Toontown for as long as I can remember. What's been your favorite aspect of running such a well-loved website and app?
- It sounds cliche, but it's a great feeling knowing that we're helping out the amazing players in our community. Toontown is such an underappreciated game, so being able to give folks tools to have even more fun playing is fantastic. The last thing any of us want is to have a new player give up because they can't find someone to help them take over a Cog building!
- I couldn’t agree more! Your efforts have definitely helped lots of Toons, especially those residing in countries outside the US, where grouping up with others can sometimes be hard due to time-zone differences. So, how did you two first get involved with Toontown? Do you have any particularly fond memories from when you first started playing the game?
- I (Luke) have been playing Toontown since the early days of TTO, when I was in middle school. I played with a good friend of mine, and we made several friends from around the country that we're still in touch with today! Funny enough, I even walked in on my video production teacher playing TTO when I was in high school. Can't blame him, it's definitely more fun than grading papers!
- Fast forward a few years, I randomly remembered TTO after Nicole and I got together and decided to introduce her to it. She instantly fell in love with it, and we were making great progress on our Toons when Disney suddenly announced they'd be shutting down the game. We were crushed, but thankfully there's a happy ending to that story because of your team!
- I’m really happy to hear that! Really, it’s thanks to Toons with a passion for Toontown like you two who help keep our community thriving. Now, time for the final question! If you could pick any Toon within the game, which do you think you relate most to and why?
- Nicole can definitely relate to Jack O' Kazam, as Halloween is her favorite holiday. If there's a pumpkin patch, there's a good chance you'll find her there!
- I'm not sure there's an NPC I necessarily relate to, but I have an insane amount of respect for Lil Oldman. Everyone complains about him and dreads going to see him, yet he holds strong and continues to push Toons to be the best they can be! Thank you Lil Oldman, you're appreciated!
- Jack O’ Kazam and Lil Oldman certainly cause a lot of trouble, but they’re still fan favorites of some of us here on the team, too!
- Today’s blog post is a bit longer than usual, but I hope everyone enjoyed hearing this insight behind ToonHQ's latest update along with some fun stories from back then! It’s probably safe to speak on behalf of the Toontown community as a whole when I say thank you both very much for your dedication with ToonHQ. For the Toons reading, make sure to check out their site or app the next time you need help in Toontown. Whether it's grouping up with others, tracking those Cog invasions, or hunting down that last fish, ToonHQ is there to help!
Posted by Sir Max on February 12, 2021 at 1:30 PM
- Can you feel the love in the air? If you can't, you should at least be able to see it in those giant candy hearts filling up the Playground. ValenToon's Day is just around the corner, and the Toon Troop has come up with a new way for everyone to celebrate!
- It struck me when I was chowing down on some delicious heart-shaped pancakes at a new ValenToon's-themed pop-up diner in town: Pop the Question! Soda Fountain and Diner. Just as I was putting a delicious morsel of mouth-watering, chocolate-covered, diet-breaking bite of pancake in my mouth, I saw the most wonderful sight from across the room.
- It was so beautiful, in fact, that I asked Cosmic Creepers, an artist who was dining at a nearby booth, to paint the moment so that I could remember it forever and share it with all of you. Just take a look at their work of art!
- ValenToon's Day Wallpaper
- No, no, I'm not talking about the googley-eyed Toons at the counter. I'm talking about the absolutely delectable milkshake and fries! Thank goodness they stopped that Micromanager from laying their hands on them.
- If you want to download this painting or any of the other ValenToon's cards we've been sharing on social media this week -- you can grab them below. Happy ValenToon's Day, Toontown!
- Desktop Downloads
- Modern Mobile Downloads
- These are for more recent smartphones, like the iPhone X or the Samsung Galaxy S10.
- Classic Mobile Downloads
- These are for older-style smartphones, like the iPhone SE or the Samsung Galaxy S7.
- ValenToon's Day Cards
Posted by The Toontown Team on February 20, 2021 at 2:00 PM
- Did someone say ToonFest? We know you probably have a lot of questions about this year’s ToonFest, and the truth is that we do too. With the ongoing pandemic, it’s hard to know anything for certain, but we’re ready and willing to answer all the questions we can, plus give some insight into the ones we can’t yet answer.
- What is ToonFest?
- For those who don’t know, ToonFest is a yearly summer event where Toons like you have the opportunity to meet other members of the Toontown community (including much of our staff!) in person. Toontown was intended to close over 7 years ago, so ToonFest began as an event to celebrate that the Toontown community still thrives today! ToonFest features a variety of events, including panels about what each department of our team does, a real-life pie-throwing contest, and of course lots of Toontown-playing time!
- What will this year’s ToonFest look like?
- Unfortunately, Replay FX, which is the location that usually hosts ToonFest, recently announced their decision to cancel all future events. We haven’t been able to find another good place to hold future ToonFests yet, and with the continuing uncertainty of the pandemic, we’re not sure it is wise to host an in-person ToonFest this year anyway. We know this is disappointing news, but it doesn’t necessarily mean ToonFest is gone for good!
- In addition, while the ToonFest celebration in 2020 was a blast for everyone, the Toontown Rewritten Team is currently working on some other exciting projects to celebrate Toontown in other ways this year. Unfortunately there’s still a lot of uncertainty in the air, and we don’t necessarily know what the future holds. We sure are excited to find out though!
- What about the ToonFest 2020 glasses?
- You read that right: ToonFest 2020 glasses! After showcasing some fresh new glasses back during our ToonFest at Home event, we’ve been receiving lots of questions about when you’ll finally be able to get your hands on them. Well, today’s the day!
- Right now, you can head onto the game and open your Shticker Books to redeem the code “ToonFest2020” and obtain a pair of limited-edition ToonFest glasses! You only have two weeks, or until March 6th before the code expires, so make sure to tell your friends and family before it’s too late. But, hey! Do you want another pair of limited-edition ToonFest glasses!? Keep reading!
- The ToonFest attendee code will be obtained a little differently this year. Since we can’t hand out the codes in person, we’re letting the community distribute codes instead! We’ll be hosting several giveaways ourselves via Instagram, Twitter, and Discord, but we’d also like to recognize some Toontown Rewritten communities hosted by members outside of our team. That’s why we’re giving codes to our official Partners, who will be hosting public giveaways and contests of their own. Keep a lookout for those giveaways and contests, because they’ll be popping up soon!
- Can I have ToonFest codes to give away in my Toontown Rewritten community?
- Yes! We’re aware that there are lots of Toontown Rewritten communities who aren’t partnered with us, and we don’t want to neglect them. Therefore, if you host a family-friendly Toontown Rewritten community with at least 500 members, you can email us at email@example.com and we’ll consider giving you some codes to hand out to people in your communities. Make sure to give us a link to your community so that we can join! Communities have until March 6th to email us inquiring about obtaining codes to give away.
- Are there new Member Mailers yet?
- Not yet, but there will be soon! We’ll be sure to let everyone know via the Toontown Blog and all our social media accounts when we have a new set of FREE Member Mailers ready for delivery. In the meantime, you can be sure that we’re working on ordering lots of ToonFest 2020 merchandise for future Member Mailers.
- Enjoy these brand-new glasses, Toons! We’re sorry for the delay in getting them released, but we have no doubt you’ll love them just as much as we do. Be sure to tell your friends and family to redeem the code “ToonFest2020” before it’s too late! As for this year’s ToonFest, we aren’t entirely sure how we plan on celebrating, but we’ll let you know as soon as we find out. Thank you, and stay Tooned!
Posted by Cassie Peppercakes on March 14, 2021 at 2:00 PM
- G’day, mates! It’s good to be back ere’ on the Toontown Blog. If we ain’t met before, the name’s Cassie Peppercakes! I’m a member of the Toon Resistance’s Cashbot operatives, and the master of all things gags. I may ave’ seen some of ya back during !
- Now Flippy, mista’ president himself, usually does the introductions for this very special day. After all, today is the one and only Pie Day! Still, Flippy is a busy fella. He’s off doin’ something with that ball of energy he’s got. I am, of course, talkin’ about Fluffy. Say, we should be hearin’ more from that Doodle next month!
- As with every Pie Day, throwable pies are available in Toontown Central! Just walk up to Flippy’s ol’ pie stand to grab a case full of em. Last year, to create a pie hotter than an Australian summer. This year, I’ve gone back to basics, opting for a more traditional whole cream pie. After all, we don’t want no Toons gettin’ burned!
- And with that, I'm back to my normal Resistance duties. I've been keepin' a close eye on them Cashbots since we crashed their party. Nothin' to report for now, but you can neva' be too sure with them greedy types. For now, I wish you a Happy Pie Day!
Posted by Julius Wheezer on March 15, 2021 at 2:00 PM
- Greetings, Toontown. Forsooth, I am Julius Wheezer, esteem'd direct'r of Toontown’s finest Shakespearean theatre company. While others may parody Shakespeare’s legacy with names like “Shakesdeere,” I believeth in an authentic experience.
- Yond is to sayeth, mine wage hast been very tight recently. As it turns out, hiring performers to worketh in fifteenth century conditions is very sore. To receiveth through mine own financial hardships, mine own handeth wast did force. I tooketh out a loan with the dread'd Loan Sharks.
- I haven’t been able to payeth back mine own dues, and anon they hath called upon the Lawbots to collect. As in Sheakespeare’s tragedies themselves, the Back Stabbers has't mega-invad'd Toontown, and they’re out for me!
- Nay, not coequal Marc Antoony, mine own trusty director, can save me. I am at the mercy of the Toon Resistance to destroy the Cogs and save mine own theatre company! I implore thee to help me!
Posted by Rainbow Rori on March 17, 2021 at 12:00 PM
- Hello, Toons! It’s Toon Trooper Rainbow Rori here, and today is my all-time favorite holiday -- St. Patrick’s Day! What a wonderful, wonderful day. Well, it would be if those nasty Penny Pinchers hadn’t come to ruin it!
- Penny Pinchers have been invading town in search of Toons who aren’t wearing green to pinch. Thankfully, there’s no need to fear -- not with the Resistance Rangers and Eugene here!
- My fellow Irishtoon Eugene down at Green Bean Jeans on Oak Street has been laboring away all week preparing for St. Patrick’s Day, and you can bet your four-leaf clovers he’s more than ready! For a pair of temporarily green gloves to prevent those pesky Penny Pinchers from pinching you, visit Eugene and say, “It’s easy to be green!” from your SpeedChat menu.
- I’d offer to fight those Penny Pinchers off myself, but I have loads of gardening to get done (and I’m not too fond of Cog-fighting anyways). Can’t have those green plants all over Toontown going BROWN! Not on my watch, especially not on St. Patrick’s Day, when everything ought to be green, green, GREEN! Instead, I asked Lord Lowden Clear to deploy the Resistance Rangers, and he assured me his Rangers will bring plenty of green Cashbot Cog-Crusher outfits to give away to Toons who are willing to help out. Those beautiful green outfits will surely keep unsuspecting Toons safe from pinches!
- Off I go to the gardens for now! I’ll be busy as a bee today for sure, but if you’re lucky, you just might catch me taking a break in one of the playgrounds today.
Posted by Flippy on March 18, 2021 at 2:00 PM
- Oh, alright, Fluffy -- one more jellybean, but that’s it. I know I said we needed to get rid of all these beans, but if you eat any more, we’ll be paying a visit to the Doodle Doc!
- Hello, Toons! Flippy here. It’s been a couple months since I last took to the blog, but I’ve returned with exciting news. I apologize for my absence on Pie Day, but I had my gloves full with urgent Toon Council business. See, by pure chance and perhaps a little St. Patrick’s Day luck, Fluffy got to digging beneath the Toontown Bank -- and discovered a hidden vault of jellybeans!
- Banker Bob wasn’t too surprised to hear the news. Turns out, he misplaced the entire vault years ago when looking for a good spot to hide it from the Cogs! Who would’ve thought it was right underneath our noses all along?
- The Scientoons were astonished. In fact, the news just about knocked Doctor Dimm’s lab coat off! He ran a boatload of tests to ensure these jellybeans’ Silly Levels were on par with the Toon Council’s standards. A boatload of taste tests, that is.
- The Scientoons put their heads together to think about what to do with all these jellybeans. It took up nearly every last silly cell of their brains to think up a solution, but we’ve figured out what has to be done! To ensure that not a single jellybean goes to waste, the next three days will be Double Bean Days! Grab some friends and hop on the Trolley, because from today until March 21st, all Trolley games award DOUBLE JELLYBEANS! Have fun, and Toons of the world, spend wisely!
Posted by The Toontown Team on March 27, 2021 at 2:00 PM
- Greetings, Toons! Today, we’re here at Spaghetti and Goofballs to enjoy a meal and interview with Iceman, who is a member of the Toontown Rewritten Partner Program. Iceman is an enthusiastic Content Creator who streams all his Toontown Rewritten rendezvous on Twitch, and in-game he’s better known as Moy, a big blue dog Toon. Let’s get right into the interview!
- We’ll start with the basics, Iceman. How did you first get involved with Toontown and streaming, and since then, how have your streams developed and changed over time?
- I first got involved with Toontown Online back in 2010. I remember seeing an advertisement for the game and joining just in time to experience Operation: Storm Sellbot, which made me fall in love with the game more. I actually started streaming about a year ago! I remember it clearly. It was May 4th when I decided to press the streaming button and stream some Toontown Rewritten with a couple in-real-life friends of mine. My streams back then were way different than how they are now. First of all, my streams were in a 4:3 aspect ratio, which I believe is the original aspect ratio for Toontown. I was also shy and quiet, but streaming has allowed me to become more outgoing and confident. I also feel like my streams are now what I've always wanted, which is a place where people can come by and have some fun!
- Your streams are certainly fun, both to participate in and watch -- I can definitely vouch for you on that! One interesting thing about you is your name. Would you mind telling us how you came up with that?
- I actually didn't come up with Iceman! A family member actually made a Playstation account for me back then and gave me the username “Iceman,” and ever since then I've used it. I think the name “Iceman” was given to me because I like the film "Top Gun," and one of the pilot's call signs in Top Gun is “Iceman.” While I don't have a definite answer of how they came up with the name for me, I definitely think it had something to do with me wanting to be a pilot.
- That’s really interesting! I haven’t watched Top Gun before, but it sounds like a super fun movie. I know what I’m watching on my next movie night!
- A lot of Toontown streamers say their favorite part of streaming is getting to interact more with the Toontown community on a personal level. This being said, how has streaming helped you interact with the Toontown community, and what’s your favorite aspect of the community?
- My favorite aspect of the Toontown community is how kind this community is. The Toontown community is one of the most caring communities I have ever been a part of. Streaming helped me find out about certain aspects of the Toontoon community such as the Soundless Cult, Uber Alliance, CCG, streamers, and even more wonderful people! Streaming has certainly allowed me to bring a community together to create change and have fun. Last December, I did a charity stream for the Make-A-Wish foundation, and it was so nice to see the community come together to help raise money for a great cause! I also love hosting events for the community, for example, doing long streams and giving away things such as in-game items. I really enjoy just having fun with the community and creating great experiences with them. Thanks to streaming, I have met some wonderful people in the community and created some great friendships with other fellow toons such as Shoomyshamy, Maxuhmillion, and many others.
- That’s fantastic to hear! When you aren’t busy busting Cogs, what’s your favorite thing to do in Toontown with these new friends?
- I LOVE GOLF, it’s always a fun relaxing thing to do after busting cogs. I am a huge golf lover. I love playing golf with other fellow Toons and like to make some fun challenges such as trick shots only. I hope one day I can play a golf match with Flippy and Clerk Clark to see their skills.
- Now that would be a fun game of golf! Hopefully one day you’ll be able to make it happen. In the meantime, keep up the practicing, Iceman. It sure was great talking to you, and I can’t wait to see what fun ideas you come up with for your next stream. Toons, check out Iceman’s Toontown Rewritten streams anytime with the button down below. You won’t regret it!
Posted by Clerk Poppy on April 1, 2021 at 12:00 AM
- Citizens of Toontown: WE NEED YOUR HELP! At the stroke of midnight, all of the Doodle rescues across Toontown suddenly went out of control with silliness. Before our Pet Clerks could even grab a bottle of seltzer, the Doodles were bouncing off the walls and straight out of the door! We could have sworn that we even heard a few speak... Like, really speak.
- They say that Doodles are a dog's best friend, which is the only reason we can imagine that Flippy has sent his very own Doodle, Fluffy, to investigate this emergency in place of a Toon Trooper. You can't make this stuff up, folks.
- Word has it that Fluffy is walking around Toontown Central and enlisting Toons to help him find his friends with two new ToonTasks! One of the ToonTasks will reward you an old favorite April Toons Week outfit, and the other comes with a brand new accessory: The Emergency Cream Pack! (A Toon named Wess designed this accessory themselves, and won a contest to have it created by the Toon Council. Thanks, Wess!)
- Don't get us wrong, we have...some amount of faith in Flippy's faithful sidekick to help out. Just in case he gets sidetracked by a nearby flying pie, however, we came up with a backup plan. Starting today, you can help us on our Doodle hunt by playing one of the two brand new Trolley Games!
- The first one, Doodle Roundup, allows you to compete with your friends to wrangle the most runaway Doodles! In the second game, Spotlight Search, one Toon uses a flashlight to find up to three others who are hiding in the maze! Be sure to let the Toon Council know what you think of these games through our support email or the official , as they'd love to hear about which one is your favorite.
- To celebrate these brand-new Trolley Games, you can find a new furniture item called the Trolley Toaster in your next Cattlelog issue.
- All of this means we're getting two new ToonTasks, two new Trolley games, and two new items TODAY! Plus, since it's April Toons' Week, I've heard from Loony Labs that you can expect double Silly Points and shorter Silly Meter cooldowns as a result of all of the silliness and pranks happening around Toontown! Check out the release notes below for a full list of changes.
- Anyhow, I better run -- literally. It looks like the Doodles have started putting us Pet Clerks up for adoption! See you on the Trolley!
Posted by a Golf Ball on April 11, 2021 at 2:00 PM
- Have you been enjoying MiniGolf, Toontown? Ohohoho, we thought NOT. For years, our reign over Acorn Acres has been absolute. While you Toons may have thought we were run-of-the-mill Golf Balls, we’ve been evil Golf Balls this whole time! All along, we’ve been silently playing our part, casually disobeying every law of physics in the book. You thought that it was a mole ejecting us from the holes? You’ve been duped -- by us.
- Years ago, Sir Max thought for certain that he had . The fool. He even called in the Toontown Police Department on us -- but the joke is on them! With our physics-defying abilities, no cell in Toontown can hold us! Passing right through the wall was a cinch. Once I rolled my way back into the Golf Ball supply, it was all over. Not one Toon could stop our rampage!
- Why am I telling you all of this? Well, to be honest -- our contract is up. Those crazies back in Loontown, our old business partners, have given us another offer we simply cannot refuse. They say that one bad apple spoils the bunch, so once we hightail it outta here, the bunch will be back to normal. That is to say, MiniGolf is finally fixed.
- I’d ask for your forgiveness, but I don’t really care! Loontown loooooves a Golf Ball that breaks every law of physics. Come to think of it, nothin’ really makes sense over in Loontown. Best not to think about that. Well, happy trails! Sayonara, fools! See you never! Bahahahahaha!
Posted by The Toontown Team on April 18, 2021 at 3:00 PM
- Welcome to a special Backstage Toontown update. This may seem out of the blue, but it’s already been seven months since ToonFest at Home! The team has made tons of progress on both Sellbot Field Offices and other content since September -- and in a continued effort to provide transparency with the community, we’ve created a video detailing the current state of our ongoing projects. Check it out below!
- Not able to watch the video right now? Here's a quick rundown:
- • More smaller-scale content is on the way from our newly-formed “Next Update” team!
- • The v2.8.0 Update for April Toons’ was the “Next Update” team’s first release, and more content will be coming from them down the line.
- • We’ve provided updated estimates of completion for the Sellbot Field Office expansion.
- • Two important aspects of this expansion have made significant progress, reaching a Beta state: the Sellbot Task Force Hideout & the Ice Game.
- Between “Next Update” and Sellbot Field Offices, our team has been so excited with the progress that we’ve made. Thank you all so much for your patience as we approach the finish line with Sellbot Field Offices -- and be sure to keep a look out for the things that the "Next Update” team are working on! No matter the project, we really cannot wait for you to see what we’ve been up to!
Posted by The Toontown Team on April 28, 2021 at 2:00 PM
- If you love Facebook and Toontown Rewritten, the Toontown Rewritten Facebook Group is the place for you! We recently met up with five of their representatives -- Rebecca, Lee, Jini, Caleigh, and Moonless -- to see what they had to say.
- For those who are unfamiliar with the group, Rebecca (a Cartoonival Blue mouse named Kaelyn in-game) describes the Toontown Rewritten Facebook Group as a community dedicated to everything relating to Toontown Rewritten. Toons are invited to ask for help with gag training and ToonTasks, celebrate accomplishments like maxing gags or Cog suits, and share their Toontown artwork -- and that’s only the beginning! Keep reading for the Toontown Rewritten Facebook Group’s full interview.
- I’m excited to meet with you all and ask some fun questions! My first question is for Jini, who is better known as a Toon named Polar Bear E. Bearzerk in-game. So, Jini, what kinds of tomfoolery does the Toontown Rewritten Facebook Group get into?
- We don't actually make mischief but may get into mischief in the game. Many of our members have multiple accounts, and management of so many Toons can get rather tricky! Mischief randomly happens when Toons don't realize that a person is actually playing more than one Toon!
- Witnessing multi-Tooning in action for the first time is definitely an exciting experience! I can see how that would be confusing, especially for new players. In fact, for several months after discovering multi-Tooners, I still couldn’t figure out exactly how they did it!
- My next question goes to Lee, who you may have met in-game on his Toon, Jinx. Lee, how has Facebook as a platform helped the Toontown Rewritten Facebook Group and its members connect?
- It helps many users connect with new, existing, and old Toontown players around the world to share their nostalgia, knowledge, and experiences. It also helps Toons find groups, friends, and even support along the way.
- That’s awesome! A majority of the Toontown content creators and communities are located on platforms such as Twitch, YouTube, and Discord, so it’s always nice to find communities like yours who utilize other platforms too. My next question goes to Caleigh, whose main Toon is a spooky purple cat named Asuna. Caleigh, what's your favorite part about being involved in the Toontown Community?
- My favorite part about being a part of the Toontown community is being able to help smaller Toons who are just starting out. I remember being a baby Toon and not knowing what to do and being a little intimidated by everything, and I met one of my BEST friends when I was 17 Laff. Since then, I’ve made a few friends who I’ve also helped in their Toontown Rewritten journey, and it brings me so much joy to see them thriving and having a blast!
- Aww, that’s a great answer! We all have to start somewhere, and having another kind Toon offer to help out is always sweet. We have room for one more question, so we’ll let everyone answer this one! What is everyone’s favorite Trolley game, Moonless?
- I would say my favourite Toontown Trolley Game is the Maze Game. It has remained my top game since 2008! Kaelyn’s favorite is Doodle Roundup, Jinx’s is Tug of War, Asuna’s is Maze Game, and Polar Bear E. Berzerk’s is Ice Slide.
- Those are all super fun, and I’m glad to hear that one of the new Trolley games, Doodle Roundup, is becoming a favorite! I’d like to thank you all for meeting up today for this interview and for taking part in the Partner Program. Your community has flourished so far, and I can’t wait to see what comes next. For anyone else interested in joining the Toontown Rewritten Facebook Group, click the button below!
- Facebook's require you to be at least 13 years of age and the minimum age of digital consent in your country to use their platform. Toontown Rewritten is not responsible for this Facebook group nor for Facebook as a platform. Furthermore, Toontown Rewritten has no control over what content is posted or shared. As this Facebook group is run by a Toontown Rewritten Community Partner, though, we can ensure that any content in this server is PG-13.
Posted by The Toontown Team on May 13, 2021 at 2:30 PM
- We’re back for another Partner Spotlight, this time featuring Yoshi! Yoshi is a fun, positive Toontown Rewritten streamer who always has a smile on his face and a joke on his lips. We recently met up with Yoshi to ask him some fun questions to get to know him better, and you won’t want to miss his responses!
- So Yoshi, how long have you been streaming, and what first got you into it?
- I started streaming around 2018 just as a fun thing to do whenever I was bored and did not have any schoolwork. The idea of streaming was something that me and my friend David (Master Dynamite) came up with. Back then, I would play games on steam and usually there would not be commentary. I didn't really get into it back then and took a break. During the summer of 2019, I started browsing Twitch and getting into Toontown Rewritten when I thought about joining the streaming community once again. I got back into streaming in fall 2019 and decided to start playing Toontown on stream. Now here I am in 2021 streaming whenever I get a chance, whether it is Toontown or another game!
- That’s awesome! We’re definitely glad you were able to get back into streaming after taking a break -- if you hadn’t, we might not be here interviewing you today! Something a lot of other streamers have told us is that streaming helped them make new friends. How has streaming helped you connect with the community and meet new people?
- A lot of my friends that join my streams are people I met during my Toontown Rewritten streams. I think that streaming in itself allows me to create bonds with others in a way that might not be possible by just playing the game normally. There are a lot of people out there who have a love for the game or just a love for bonding with others over the game. One of my best friends who I met through the Toontown community is a fellow Toontown Rewritten partner, Domino. Streaming to the community also allows me to play the game with others while also keeping my own sort of spin on the game, whether it is in the form of humorous commentary or the music and sound effects from my own custom music pack!
- Speaking of your music pack, several of us on the team have heard about it and are anticipating its release. It’s great to hear you talk about it! Can you tell us anything else about your upcoming music content pack?
- My next content pack is still in the works but is definitely going to be great. This pack is going to be a Paper Mario Sound Pack. What that means is that I will be replacing a bunch of the music from the game with tracks from any of the six Paper Mario games. I will also be messing with some of the sound effects and throwing in sound effects from the Paper Mario series too. For example, I plan on replacing the music in Daisy Gardens with the music from Flower Fields from Paper Mario 64. Also, a battle in a Cog HQ would trigger the music for a mini boss from The Thousand Year Door. The last bit of insight I will give you is that The Ultimate Show will play during one phase of the C.E.O.'s boss fight. As for the rest, I'll leave that for you all to figure out.
- That sounds super exciting, and we can’t wait to try it out! Looks like we’re running out of time, but I have one last, silly question for you. What is your favorite Toon species, and why?
- My favorite Toon species... I love all the species in Toontown, but I gotta say the dog. Now this might be a bit biased, because my original Toon and my current Toon are both dogs, but honestly, there is just some sort of charm to them that I kinda enjoy. I've always been a big fan of dogs, and the species in Toontown is no exception.
- We should’ve guessed! Your Toon sure looks dapper in his Cartoonival Pink shade and fancy top hat. Thanks for meeting us today and giving us a sneak :peek at your upcoming Toontown music pack, Yoshi. See you around Toontown!
- If you want to join Yoshi in-game for his next Toontown Rewritten adventure, click the link below to check out his Twitch channel!
Posted by The Number Crunchers on May 17, 2021 at 2:00 PM
- Do you know what today is, Toons? I wouldn’t be surprised if you didn’t -- you’re too busy throwing your silly parties, competing in silly games, and playing silly jokes on Cogs to ever know what’s going on. Bah! What a waste of time, and more importantly, money. Time is money, after all.
- Toons, let it be known that today is Tax Day! If there was ever a time to throw one of your wasteful celebrations, today would be it. Perhaps you could throw a little pity party in the conference room while thinking about the abhorrent amount of time you’ve spent having “fun.” In fact, the Chief Financial Officer has graciously allowed the Number Crunchers to hold a little celebration of our own...
- In honor of our personal favorite holiday, the Number Crunchers will be taking over the streets of Toontown all day. In the meantime, I advise you all to stay home and out of the way -- that includes the Resistance Rangers, mind you -- to let us Cogs do our job.
- You can be sure that any Toon found roaming the streets on our special day will have their taxes calculated and tabulated by a Number Cruncher. I assure you, we will be as efficient as possible in confiscating your ludicrous “Laff” and “gags” and sending you back to the playground where you belong. Don’t try to stop us, Toons, because it won’t be smooth. It’s crunch time.
Posted by The Mr. Hollywoods on May 25, 2021 at 2:00 PM
- "It's a Yesman! No, a Glad Hander!"
- Bah! We’re the Mr. Hollywoods, and we’re sick of being mistaken for such inferior, low-level Cogs. We’ve worked hard to reach this level of prestige and fame, so the least you could do is call us by our name, Toons. We’re so famous, in fact, that we often work in the Sellbot Towers with the Senior Vice President of Sales himself!
- Most Cogs would cheat for an opportunity like that, but the Mr. Hollywoods were born to be seen and adored by Toons and Cogs alike. So for the next few days, the Mr. Hollywoods will be taking over Toontown! We encourage you all to flock the streets for a chance to meet us, but don’t get in our way. Otherwise, we’ll have to send you back to the playground, where there are no Mr. Hollywoods to admire. You wouldn’t want that, would you?
- Although, we’ve heard that you Toons will be sending out the Resistance Rangers to do your dirty work. Therefore, we’d like to give you a warning that we’ll make a great show out of any “Ranger” who tries to get in our way. You won’t want to miss the curtain call.
Posted by The Toontown Team on June 2, 2021 at 2:00 PM
- Get out the TNT-filled party poppers! Grab a slice of Birthday Cake! It’s Toontown’s 18th Birthday, and we have big things in store for today's celebration. As of today, we're officially launching the largest archive of never-before-seen Toontown Online history to date: The !
- I'm Brad from the Toontown Team, and I'm one of the curators of this new project. My official jobs for Toontown may be Creative Writer and Social Media Specialist, but I tend to end up working on a whole mess of other things too. Today, I’m here talk about what the Toontown Preservation Project is, and how you can help us with our efforts to keep every bit of Toontown alive!
- In case it's not obvious -- Toontown Online is very important to me. This game introduced me to some of my greatest friends, and helped me through the toughest of times in my life. To say that this game helped shaped who I am as a person would be an understatement. Thus, I didn't hesitate for a moment to be a part of this special project to give back to the Toontown community in the same way it's given back to me.
- We never want the memory of Toontown Online to fade away, which is a large part of our goal of running Toontown Rewritten. The in-game portions of Toontown Online are just one piece of this, though -- Toontown stretches far beyond the reaches of our screens, and we wanted to find a way to preserve every single piece of it forever, for free.
- To that end, we've spent a long time figuring out the best way to put together a mini-site to preserve all of the bits of Toontown Online that we can't preserve with Toontown Rewritten alone. Without further ado, I present to you The !
- What is the Toontown Preservation project?
- Right! That's probably an important thing to tell you. The Toontown Preservation Project is a mini-site dedicated to archiving the history of all things Toontown Online that can't be achieved with Toontown Rewritten alone. On the website, you'll find a digital museum of Toontown’s development history, promotional material, and more.
- For most folks, you’ll be most interested in just browsing the digital museum to see all of the neat things we have on display. If that's the case, simply go to and browse away!
- If you’re interested in the archival process, or even have some Toontown history of your own that you'd like to contribute, keep reading onward for details.
- Where did all of this come from?
- All over the place! Many Toontown Team members have spent years digging up pieces of Toontown Online history to assist us with developing new content for Toontown Rewritten, and we've even had a few former Toontown Online developers send us donations of things they've kept around over the years.
- For all of the physical material that we've collected, we pooled together funds to have everything professionally scanned by an archival service. This took a lot of time and money -- not to mention the effort to categorize it all afterwards -- but we wanted to make sure that this was all done properly before putting it out on the internet forever.
- This museum isn't anywhere close to being complete, however. We're still digging around for artifacts of Toontown's history. Hopefully, we'll have even more content added in the future by Toons like YOU!
- How can I help?
- I’m glad you asked! If you have official Toontown Online material that we haven’t yet preserved, we would love to hear from you so that we can put it on display for the whole Toontown community!
- The easiest way to contribute is by emailing us at . In your email, we just ask that you provide three things for us:
- Where your contribution came from
- A high quality photo or scan of your contribution
- How you'd like to be attributed on the Preservation Project website
- Once everything is in order and we have a chance to review your submission, we'll host your contributions as soon as possible! Due to high volume, as well our limited volunteer hours that must be shared with other Toontown Rewritten projects, it may take several weeks for your submission to be posted.
- Where can I view all of this?
- Take a portable hole over to ! This serves as our separate mini-site that we'll be hosting for free as a community resource. Once there, be sure to read some of the Toon Tips on our home page to most easily browse the site.
- With that, we hope that you enjoy everything that we've collected in the Toontown Preservation Project! Of course, we hope that this archive will keep growing with your help. Check back often to see what's new, and let us know about your favorite things on display in the comments.
- Happy Birthday, Toontown!
Posted by The Toontown Team on June 13, 2021 at 2:00 PM
- If you’ve been around the Toontown community for long, you’ve likely heard of a group called ATTA, which is short for Adult Toontown Addicts. If you haven’t heard of them, you’ve probably at least seen members of their group running around Toontown. With creative names featuring “ATTA” like W’atta Dancing Queen, Atta Smile, and U. Atta Beme, they can be hard to miss. As one of the largest and longest-standing Toontown communities still alive, ATTA has a rich history that we couldn’t wait to hear more about. We met up with almost a dozen of their leaders to find out what makes ATTA tick. For the full interview, read on!
- We’ll start with a nice and easy question: how would you describe ATTA to someone who’s never heard of your group?
- We’re a Facebook group for Toontown Rewritten players who are 18+ years old. We offer hosted runs and special events in a private group where you can share your in-game silliness, along with questions, answers, and information about game updates. It’s also a place you can get to know the person behind the Toon, if you want, or stay anonymous. While you have to be 18 or older to join our group, we also host many open runs for members of all ages that are shared in our sub-group, Epic Toontown Marquee, which we created years ago for our kids and grandkids.
- That sounds fantastic, and I’m sure you guys have all sorts of fun together. It gets me thinking though, how exactly did ATTA begin? Let’s have Cherie, the founder of ATTA, answer that for us.
- It began as a simple idea after a night of laughter while playing Toontown with two of my adult friends. I remember laughing so hard I was crying, and then I said to them, “This was so much fun! We need more adult friends!” And then a light bulb went off. I thought, “What if there ARE other adults to play with out there!?!?” That was it: the spark that started it all. But that spark was merely a catalyst. The true life of ATTA lies in the people. In the beginning, those founding members brought their hearts, their craziness, their enthusiasm, and they poured it into ATTA. They helped me do everything from make up that awesome name, create and host new events, and drag new people into the madness. As we grew, we found new friends and invented new ways to have fun in Toontown. We laughed together, cried in the dark moments together, celebrated life events together… ATTA became more than just a bunch of people playing a game together. Christina and Eric took over ATTA in February of 2014 and proceeded to bring ATTA to Toontown Rewritten with the help of some amazing council members and hosts, who all share ATTA’s vision for a fun, supportive, and safe community.
- That’s an awesome story -- really heartwarming. So you said the hosts of ATTA like to plan fun events for everyone to take part in. Could one of you elaborate on the kinds of fun activities you like to plan together?
- Weekly Beanfests, Boss Cog runs, promotion runs, Building Busters, Doodle trainings, SOS shopping, Music and Mayhem, racing, golfing, Last Toon Standing, retro VPs, VP and CFO races, Battle of the Species, Easter Egg hunts, Polar Plunges, tournaments, and anything else our hosts can come up with! Many of our hosted runs and events are open to players of all ages.
- Wow! I never knew there were so many different events held in Toontown. It’s amazing that you’ve been able to come up with such a huge variety of creative games, activities, and competitions to spice things up. It sounds like some of those activities include battling the Cog Bosses! Which of the four Cog Bosses is your favorite to take on, and why?
- Brenda: I like them all, but my favorite is CJ where teamwork is what makes this a fast and easy run. Love being able to call invasions, Cogs and buildings for others.
- Chris: CEO is my all time favorite because I feel I have better control in CEOs than in VPs or CFOs where we’re reliant on VP stunners & CFO craners. I also love that FIRES are the one gag type that never misses!
- Deanna: Oh, it’s difficult to choose! My favorite would have to be CFO because I enjoy crunching and tossing goons. Unites are fun, too.
- Elma: Favorite boss is CFO, I could easily just do that over and over. I however host a CEO with 2 awesome co-hosts and we have built a great base of regulars that come to that run again and again for the last 3 years so that might be my favorite run.
- Eric: Honestly? I love them all. I know that’s kind of a lame answer, but it’s true. I used to despise CJ, though and over the last year or so I have come to really enjoy it. Especially since I have finally mastered stunning.
- Heather: Well, I have two top favorites. VP is one because it's the first boss that a Toon can go to and two I love to do shopping. My other one is CJ because of the rewards that it gives and doing it with friends that make it fun.
- Sounds like you’ve got lots of different opinions among your group! It’s been fantastic talking with and getting to know all of you, and I think we’ve got room for one last question. It’s clear to me that you all love what you do, but what are your favorite parts of being members and leaders of ATTA?
- Carol: When I joined ATTA, I was amazed by all of the runs. Being Brazilian and unable to speak or understand English, it was amazing how accepted I felt. My favorite thing is to give back, to help others to feel accepted like I was.
- Jenny: My absolute favorite thing about ATTA is the amazing community we have. I have met people that have become my family thanks to TTR and ATTA. I have friends all around the world– even though we are far apart, we cry together, laugh together, celebrate victories, and mourn losses. Being a part of the leadership team gives me the opportunity to give back to the community that has become such a large part of my life.
- Jon: As a member of ATTA, I like the helpfulness of the other members if and when needed. As for the leadership portion, I can’t say; I just make posters and videos when crazy ideas come from my one brain cell.
- Suzie: Meeting and making friends with people all over the world. Helping people with questions or helping with their first boss run when they are scared to do the boss.
- Will: The best part of being a member is getting to help other folks. There’s always someone who’s trying to figure out the best way to catch those last few fish – or find the ‘Just for Fun’ task they want – or even just needs a little help polishing off those last few 5 story Cog Buildings. The best part of being a leader is giving back some time and energy to a really great organization that helps bring fun to a lot of people.
- I'm so happy to hear about these awesome things that you've experienced with your time in ATTA! It's clear to us how important ATTA is to every single one of you, and it's amazing to see that love being given back to the community. Thank you to ATTA for taking the time for today's Partner Spotlight, and for anyone interested in joining the fun, click the button below!
- Facebook's require you to be at least 13 years of age and the minimum age of digital consent in your country to use their platform. Toontown Rewritten is not responsible for this Facebook group nor for Facebook as a platform. Furthermore, Toontown Rewritten has no control over what content is posted or shared. As this Facebook group is run by a Toontown Rewritten Community Partner, though, we can ensure that any content in this group is PG-13. Additionally, to join ATTA, you must be at least 18 years of age.
Posted by The Moon on June 26, 2021 at 2:00 PM
- Heeeeyyyyy, folks. Call me cheesy, but I don’t think we’ve been properly introduced. The name’s Loon-a, but most folks just call me The Moon. Most’ve you cool cats ain’t even seen me around -- sticking in the eternal sunshine of Toontown Central. I see you Toons who hang about in the Dreamland, though. You’re all real ones.
- That Sun has been busy focusing on his “summer” shenanigans around town, blissfully unaware that the night is sneakin’ up on him. I’m gettin’ ahead of myself though. I come to you folks today with some exciting news: I’m endin’ the Sun’s reign over the Toon Estates, and bringin’ my own flair to the place you call home! Let’s get this party started!
- Let me be clear: the choice is actually yours. Whether you want the eternal daytime of yesteryear, a party all night with yours truly, or anywhere in between -- you’ve got options. I’ve done a lot of negotiating with the folks at the Cattlelog. Soon, you’ll be able to choose the time of day at your estate! Just between you and me, I know you’ll be going for that whole night party thing. It’ll be sweeeeet.
- But that ain’t all that’ll be coming to your Estate. One of the perks of being up in the sky is that you get to hear everything goin’ on round’ town. I’ve done some snooping and it sounds like the fellas over at the Cattlelog have been testing out some seasonal options for your house exterior! They’ll be releasing new options seasonally, with the summer-themed exterior being a “Cherry on Top” cupcake house. Cupcake houses? Hah, what’ll they think of next? Some kind of hut?
- According to the folks at the Cattlelog, all of these changes will be wrapped up nicely in the 2.9.0 update -- which ain't here just yet. Speaking of updates, I wonder what that solar fella across town has been up to? Sounds like he wants to make this the best summer yet, or whatever baloney he’s tryin’ to spew. Guess we’ll just have to see what he’s got planned soon.
Posted by The Sun on June 27, 2021 at 3:15 PM
- Get your shades ready. It’s time for the number one ball of gas, absolutely BRIMMING with class, the bourgeoisie of vitamin D, the real star of the show: The Suuuuuunnnnn!
- GOOD AFTERNOON, TOOOOONTOWWWWN!!~~
- Thank you, thank you. I have a lot of important news to get through, though, so try your best to hold your applause until the very end. I know it will be hard with all the astronomically awesome deets I’m bringing you today, but it’s well worth it. I hope you’re ready... Today’s the day of Toontown’s 2.9.0 Update -- the Silly Summer Update!
- The Moon just visited the Toontown Blog himself, and good for him. He’s got some stuff in the freezer for the update, so too if you’re interested in that sort of thing. However, there’s no way I’m going to let that Moon think he can eclipse ME! It’s summertime in Toontown, which means I’ve got the leg up with extra long days.
- Now, you can get the leg up on your competition too. By double-tapping the forward button, all Toons can now sprint! Much like Loon-a, I’ve been silently listening to what you folks have been asking for. But I will remain silent no longer! Sprint around town to your heart’s content!
- If legwork isn’t the thing for you, maybe you can shine over at Goofy’s Speedway. Rev up your engines, Toons -- racing controls have been overhauled. Karts are faster and more responsive to input... plus, you can honk! That’ll come in handy next winter when that Moon thinks he can hog the sky lane.
- Whether you’re a beginner kart-driver or an expert, you’ll want to check these out -- especially those of you holding out on earning your last few trophies. Yes, you! I see you! I see ALL of you! There’s no need to spend every waking hour of my beautiful summer days working for those final trophies, as racing and golfing trophy requirements have been rebalanced.
- Already earned those trophies? Fret not, for all Toons who have already earned every single Racing or Golfing trophy prior to this update will be mailed the exclusive, new, out-of-this-world “Triumphant” nametag to commemorate their hard work!
- Better yet: earning every trophy in one activity -- that includes golfing, racing, fishing, and gardening -- rewards you with a proper fanfare and an exclusive, themed outfit perfect for bragging about! This goes for every Toon in town, even if they earn all the trophies after today.
- As part of the summer fun, Cast Member Badges have all received a brand-new look. Keep your eyes peeled for the new “Featured Toon” badge, too. This pink badge identifies well-known Toons such as Flippy, Doctor Surlee, and Lil Oldman! I do see all from on high in the sky, and it does seem like one will be making an appearance soon.
- And with that, I take my curtain call. Between what that Moon rambled on about yesterday and all of the things I’ve announced today, this will be the greatest summer that Toontown has ever seen.
- ...Now you may clap. Have an absolutely Silly Summer, Toontown!
Posted by Firequacker on July 4, 2021 at 2:00 PM
- KAPOW! BOOM! POP! Let’s get quackin’, cause’ it’s Independence Day -- my favorite day of independence!
- The name’s Fifi, but most folks just call me Firequacker. If you didn’t know, I’m the most independent duck in all of Toontown. Hence why they named this day after me. Did I mention it’s my birthday too?
- If there’s one thing I love more than being independent, it’s explosives! Ooh, ahh! Everyone loves a good explosive! And that’s why I, a Resistance Ranger with a love of all things kablooey, have been called upon by the Toon Council to light it up like dynamite!
- Using my signature style (Hint: explosions!), I've completed both of my duties with style and grace. Fireworks? On their way. Cogs? On those fireworks. Just doing my job. They’ll never know what hit em’! Summer Fireworks start now, every hour on the hour -- and will last until July 6th at 11:59 PM Toontown Time (PDT). Each firework has been lit with love.
- My bill may be big (ha!), but this many fireworks is quite the bill for a Toon like me. I usually foot the bill, but… perhaps a run to the Cashbot Mints are in order. Oh well, more cannon fodder for me to explode!
Posted by Cindy Sprinkles on July 23, 2021 at 2:00 PM
- Hay, y’all! As Toontown’s supreme sundae supplier, I know a thing or two about cool summer treats. Name’s Cindy, and I run my own lil’ ice cream shoppe down on Punchline Place. With all the , business has been boomin’! I ain’t ever seen this many Toons ordering my signature Silly Sundae Supreme before.
- But that got me thinkin’: what more can we be doing to celebrate the best season of them all? Now, I may not be much of an artist, but I do know summer style when I see it. To that end, I’ve decided to host a Summer-themed Community Spotlight right here on the Toontown Blog!
- What you gotta do is simple, just show off the true meaning of Silly Summer Fun! Of course, every Toon’s got a different way of expressing themselves. ’Cause of that, there are two types of submissions you can send in: Art and Toontown Screenshots! I’d also appreciate a caption for what you send in, explaining just what it is that you love about summertime.
- Sending your stuff over to me is a snap! Of course, you can post it on social media using #ToonEnough. If you ain’t comfortable doing that, just email it over to our Support folks at with “Spotlight” in the subject line!
- I’ll be pickin’ out my favorites and posting them to the Toontown Blog in two weeks from now on August 6th. Be sure to get your submissions sent out before then!
- Oops, there’s no time for me to be blabberin’ about this silly ol’ spotlight for now! There’s a line of sundae-starved Toons right outside of my door, and I’ve gotta get these orders filled! Have a Silly Summer, Toons!