Posted by Toon HQ on January 2, 2020 at 6:00 PM
- This is Toon HQ, and we'd like to wish all of Toontown a very Happy New Year! It’s the start of another fantastic year, and we’ve got lots of brand new Top Toons to award our squeaky clean new medals themed after the Year of the Mouse.
- The following list is separated into two categories, Cogs Defeated and Floors Recovered. Each category has winners from each hour from all throughout January 1st. If you’re one of them, your name will be down below!
|Cogs Defeated||Floors Recovered|
|12:00 AM||12:00 AM|
|1. Cassie - 256 Cogs||1. Kasper - 55 Floors|
|1. Ereek - 256 Cogs||2. Tentacion - 52 Floors|
|2. Mirage - 195 Cogs||3. Alphabet - 49 Floors|
|3. Diva - 174 Cogs||3. Braxo - 49 Floors|
|1:00 AM||1:00 AM|
|1. Favonian - 273 Cogs||1. Pink Lemonade - 51 Floors|
|2. Kobe Pancake - 272 Cogs||1. Spirit Tracks - 51 Floors|
|2. Pouvoir De L'Amour - 272 Cogs||1. Nick Esquire - 51 Floors|
|2. Milagro - 272 Cogs||2. Fireball - 50 Floors|
|2. Sparx - 50 Floors|
|2. Mister Bonkers - 50 Floors|
|2:00 AM||2:00 AM|
|1. Oblivion - 265 Cogs||1. King Nate - 60 Floors|
|2. Amy Memes - 250 Cogs||1. Griffin - 60 Floors|
|2. Black Cat - 250 Cogs||1. Stealth - 60 Floors|
|2. Final Farewell - 250 Cogs||1. Kingdom Hearts - 60 Floors|
|3:00 AM||3:00 AM|
|1. Harmless - 268 Cogs||1. Victor - 58 Floors|
|1. Vellichor - 268 Cogs||1. Chimera - 58 Floors|
|1. Naples - 268 Cogs||1. Master Lefty - 58 Floors|
|2. Nybras - 248 Cogs||1. Despair - 58 Floors|
|1. Shadows Of A Silhouette - 58 Floors|
|4:00 AM||4:00 AM|
|1. Devon - 260 Cogs||1. Toon A Ween - 51 Floors|
|2. Oynx - 190 Cogs||2. Salty Popcorn - 49 Floors|
|2. Chip - 190 Cogs||3. Jalapeno Pupper - 47 Floors|
|2. Vez - 190 Cogs||3. Mustard - 47 Floors|
|2. Lord Of Calamity - 190 Cogs|
|5:00 AM||5:00 AM|
|1. Sempiternal - 240 Cogs||1. Lili - 56 Floors|
|2. Flappy Flipper Flapper - 210 Cogs||2. Renna - 48 Floors|
|2. Queen Petunia Gigglenugget - 210 Cogs||2. Skinny Pebbles - 48 Floors|
|2. Marceline - 210 Cogs||3. Sniffy Petalmuffin - 46 Floors|
|2. Curt - 210 Cogs||3. Ben Bear Dun Dat - 46 Floors|
|6:00 AM||6:00 AM|
|1. Grand Ol' Jimmy Joe - 139 Cogs||1. Bright Red Bear - 50 Floors|
|2. Anise - 130 Cogs||2. Kenzie Rewritten - 43 Floors|
|3. Juice - 114 Cogs||3. Mister Jake MacNugget - 42 Floors|
|4. Vivid Memories - 110 Cogs||3. Dr Fantastic - 42 Floors|
|7:00 AM||7:00 AM|
|1. Professor Renderer - 197 Cogs||1. Null - 59 Floors|
|1. Berlioz - 197 Cogs||2. Anita Life - 49 Floors|
|2. Royalz - 184 Cogs||3. Mr. Z.Z. - 47 Floors|
|2. Miku - 184 Cogs||3. Duke Caboom - 47 Floors|
|2. Crescent - 184 Cogs|
|8:00 AM||8:00 AM|
|1. Eir - 322 Cogs||1. Dan - 56 Floors|
|2. Shawn - 182 Cogs||2. Hawk Solo - 54 Floors|
|3. Calipsia - 181 Cogs||2. Admire - 54 Floors|
|4. Christmas Cake - 175 Cogs||2. Baron Skids Beanscooter - 54 Floors|
|9:00 AM||9:00 AM|
|1. Sanjaya - 192 Cogs||1. Roxas - 56 Floors|
|2. Count Tricky - 189 Cogs||2. Starcrossed - 46 Floors|
|2. Super Toon - 189 Cogs||3. Yummylicious - 45 Floors|
|3. Super Ziggy - 187 Cogs||4. Master C.J. Electroglow - 43 Floors|
|4. Heartbreaker - 43 Floors|
|10:00 AM||10:00 AM|
|1. Reynard - 204 Cogs||1. Super Freja - 47 Floors|
|1. Ethereal - 204 Cogs||1. Tabby Cat - 47 Floors|
|1. King Petalswirl - 204 Cogs||1. Aporkable Piggie - 47 Floors|
|1. Big Billy - 204 Cogs||1. Brenda Purrie - 47 Floors|
|11:00 AM||11:00 AM|
|1. Fiver - 147 Cogs||1. Superboom - 55 Floors|
|1. Toonpupless - 147 Cogs||2. Chances - 50 Floors|
|2. Mister Sprecher - 145 Cogs||3. Poppy Tinkertail - 47 Floors|
|3. Catoukin - 144 Cogs||3. Princess Cookie Jellymelon - 47 Floors|
|3. Monty Twinklepow - 144 Cogs|
|12:00 PM||12:00 PM|
|1. Wagon Alert - 236 Cogs||1. Mousterious One - 54 Floors|
|2. Harvey Giggleglop - 198 Cogs||2. Lady Rose - 53 Floors|
|2. Savanna - 198 Cogs||3. Alluringheart - 52 Floors|
|2. Glitter - 198 Cogs||3. King - 52 Floors|
|3. Justice - 52 Floors|
|3. Heartbroken - 52 Floors|
|3. Reverence - 52 Floors|
|1:00 PM||1:00 PM|
|1. Trap - 252 Cogs||1. Nebula - 52 Floors|
|1. Burnt Energy - 252 Cogs||2. Pancake Thunderquack - 51 Floors|
|2. Hayden - 231 Cogs||3. Furball - 50 Floors|
|3. Callie - 184 Cogs||3. Reign - 50 Floors|
|3. Beanie - 50 Floors|
|2:00 PM||2:00 PM|
|1. Taco - 292 Cogs||1. Susurrous Jr - 50 Floors|
|1. Riot - 292 Cogs||2. Axel - 46 Floors|
|1. Parabol - 292 Cogs||2. Tsuni The Daywalker - 46 Floors|
|2. Colin - 276 Cogs||2. Motley - 46 Floors|
|2. Psychokinesis - 276 Cogs||2. Persona - 46 Floors|
|2. Generic Deer Toon - 276 Cogs||2. Doctor Thunderzilla - 46 Floors|
|3:00 PM||3:00 PM|
|1. Cloudy Skies - 232 Cogs||1. Jackie - 52 Floors|
|2. Roaches - 220 Cogs||1. Scooter - 52 Floors|
|3. Maxuhmillion - 154 Cogs||2. Tara - 51 Floors|
|3. Ruff Lyfe - 154 Cogs||2. Tomorrow - 51 Floors|
|3. Glitterbrains - 154 Cogs||2. Wess - 51 Floors|
|4:00 PM||4:00 PM|
|1. General Ranger - 194 Cogs||1. Sergeant Star - 54 Floors|
|2. Violet Prince - 188 Cogs||2. Darkside Cat - 48 Floors|
|3. Alaina - 168 Cogs||2. Tiffany - 48 Floors|
|3. Muse - 168 Cogs||3. Archer - 45 Floors|
|3. Muse - 168 Cogs||3. Elixir - 45 Floors|
|5:00 PM||5:00 PM|
|1. Arcade Fire - 245 Cogs||1. Friday Thirteenth - 58 Floors|
|2. T.J. - 244 Cogs||1. Beppo - 58 Floors|
|2. Emperor - 244 Cogs||2. Zylon - 52 Floors|
|3. Purrfectly Impurrfect - 188 Cogs||3. Twig - 50 Floors|
|6:00 PM||6:00 PM|
|1. Namine - 272 Cogs||1. Celeste - 55 Floors|
|2. Voltage - 189 Cogs||2. Professor Lefty - 54 Floors|
|3. Dark Night Cat - 188 Cogs||2. Bry - 54 Floors|
|4. Prof. Cuckoo Bananagloop - 186 Cogs||3. Fairytail - 50 Floors|
|7:00 PM||7:00 PM|
|1. Antares - 233 Cogs||1. Cuddles - 53 Floors|
|2. Chaewon - 229 Cogs||1. Princess Violet - 53 Floors|
|3. Mr. C. - 206 Cogs||1. Cas - 53 Floors|
|4. Mushroom - 192 Cogs||2. Kat Chaser - 51 Floors|
|2. Spectral Thief - 51 Floors|
|2. Aletheia - 51 Floors|
|2. Legendary - 51 Floors|
|2. Blue Rat - 51 Floors|
|2. Autumn - 51 Floors|
|8:00 PM||8:00 PM|
|1. Pistachio - 226 Cogs||1. Black Forest Gateau - 55 Floors|
|2. Erythrite - 225 Cogs||1. Dreamy - 55 Floors|
|3. Mariana - 202 Cogs||2. Racepants - 53 Floors|
|4. Spooky Purple Pig - 189 Cogs||3. Drew - 52 Floors|
|4. Mister Twister - 189 Cogs||3. Despicable - 52 Floors|
|9:00 PM||9:00 PM|
|1. Midnight Snack - 256 Cogs||1. Cameo - 62 Floors|
|2. Tricky - 255 Cogs||1. Expired Label - 62 Floors|
|3. Yolanda - 254 Cogs||2. Azur - 61 Floors|
|4. Eeky Boo - 248 Cogs||2. Zeno - 61 Floors|
|10:00 PM||10:00 PM|
|1. Avada - 224 Cogs||1. Lucina - 53 Floors|
|2. Christmas Joy - 153 Cogs||1. Astraea - 53 Floors|
|2. Coolkitty - 153 Cogs||1. Dark Night Cat - 53 Floors|
|3. Flip - 152 Cogs||1. Kairos - 53 Floors|
|3. Snow Angel - 152 Cogs|
|11:00 PM||11:00 PM|
|1. Tyler - 257 Cogs||1. Anthony - 60 Floors|
|1. Astraeus - 257 Cogs||2. Star Girl - 54 Floors|
|2. Cove - 253 Cogs||2. Tax Deduction - 54 Floors|
|3. Trivial - 233 Cogs||2. Jinxjinks - 54 Floors|
- NOTE: Don’t see your Toon up there?
- Toons linked to the same household or same computer were only listed once to keep it fair, but ALL qualifying Toons will still receive their prize! You may only see one of your Toons on the list, but any other of your qualifying Toons will receive the prize as well.
- Toons who have received a serious infraction shortly before, during, or after the event have been disqualified. Toontown should be fun for everyone!
- If you think that your Toon hasn’t been listed by mistake, please contact us by email at ! Mistakes can happen, so we’ll look into the issue for you. (Such as, if a friend or sibling played on a Toon in your household.)
- Prizes will be given to all qualifying Toons within twenty-four hours time.
- We’ve been seeing some record-breaking achievements over this recent Top Toons event -- we could hear the foghorns and cannons going off from every corner of the town! A whopping total of over 215,000 floors were cleared from Cog Buildings over the course of the event, and an astonishing amount Cogs were defeated -- over 540,000 of them! In other words, over half a million Cogs were defeated in just one day. Needless to say, the work done yesterday will throw a major wrench into the Cogs' plans.
- If you saw your name up on this list, you should receive your “Victor’s Varsity” jacket within twenty-four hours time, straight to your Toon's mailbox. If not, send us an email and we’ll be sure to see what's holding up Clarabelle!
- We hope you all have a Happy New Year and have fun in Toontown!
Posted by The Skelecogs on January 17, 2020 at 2:00 PM
- Good afternoon once again, Toons. To say that upper management has been distraught with current Cog performance would be an understatement. No thanks to all of you, our went abysmally. We've heard no end of it over the water cooler, I can promise you. Not only that, but less than a month ago, you Toons So many hardworking individuals, working towards a future of greed and profit, defeated by a measly Foghorn.
- Thousands of Cogs are seeing pay cuts thanks to the losses, and we're not happy about it. The Sellbot Factory is even struggling to keep up with the demand for new Cogs. Our timetables for future growth have even been re-shuffled. However, we've come up with a proposal to "suit" all of these newfound needs. We've made the executive decision to reduce Cog Suit output, allowing the factory to work overtime in replenishing our ranks. To celebrate the occasion, we're sending out yet another Skelecog Mega-Invasion.
- Don't be alarmed, Toons. It's clear to us that you don't understand our goal here. We just want to turn Toontown into what it was always meant to be, a cold and drab metropolis that our CogFathers worked so hard to reach. It seems that some Toons don't understand why this is necessary, but it truly is. All of your fun is nothing but a distraction to a perfect world of productivity and profits.
- Don't bother deploying the Resistance Rangers, as they'll only hinder us in helping you achieve our goals. We hope that unlike last time, this Mega-Invasion will be an absolute success. We'll hopefully see you on the streets, Toons. We can't wait to offer you our various business services.
Posted by The Toontown Team on January 25, 2020 at 11:00 AM
- You may have heard of ToonTasks, but have you ever heard of ToonCasts? Of course you haven't -- it's a brand new event being held by The Toontown Team!
- During the , we announced that we were working on setting up Development Livestreams to create an opportunity for YOU to see some of the exciting things that we're working on behind the scenes of Toontown Rewritten. We've decided to call these events "ToonCasts," and for the first one we'll be giving you an exclusive look at some of the progress we've made on Sellbot Field Offices!
- As promised at ToonFest, we're airing this first stream before the season of fall is over... What do you mean it's January? How long was I asleep after Thanksgiving dinner?!
- So, it turns out we missed our fall deadline, and we're very sorry for any disappointment. Moving forward, we're hoping to host ToonCasts every couple of months throughout the year to keep you up "Toon" date on the latest happenings on The Toontown Team.
- Our first ToonCast of 2020 will be hosted on January 31st at 4:30 PM Toontown Time (PST)! We're so excited to have this opportunity to take you backstage and give a progress update on our current major project, Sellbot Field Offices.
- Sellbot Field Offices are our main focus for this stream, but that's not all that we'll talk about! Stick around throughout the whole stream for some exclusive backstage info. Additionally, we'll be hosting a Q&A session at the end of the stream, so bring a question and you may just have it answered by a member of the team!
- It's time to stock up on popcorn and start pondering what deep, Tooniverse-shattering questions you may ask at the end of the stream. Be sure to subscribe to sign up for an event reminder on or follow us on so that you don't miss out. We'll see you on Friday!
Posted by The Toontown Team on January 31, 2020 at 12:00 PM
- The first of many ToonCasts is finally here! Grab your pie of choice, a tall glass of seltzer water, and a bamboo cane to pull a friend off stage to watch with you! Whether you prefer YouTube or Twitch, we've got you covered. Be sure to "TOON" in to watch live at 4:30 PM Toontown Time (PST)!
- If you aren't able to watch this ToonCast live, don't fret! A recording will be available below after the event is over.
- ToonCasts, first announced back at ToonFest at ReplayFX 2019, are special online live streams that we're aiming to make happen roughly four times per year. The goal is to keep you in the loop so that even when it takes a while for us to work on updates, you'll know about what's coming next for Toontown!
- For this first ToonCast, we'll be taking you behind the scenes with Sellbot Field Offices to hear from a few Toontown Rewritten team members who are working on the project. Plus, we'll be hosting a Toontown Team Q&A at the end of the live stream, so send us your questions using #ToonCasts on Twitter!
- The next decade is going to be absolutely Toontastic for Toontown fans. This is the first step of everything we have planned for 2020, so be sure to "TOON" in!
Posted by Shockley on February 11, 2020 at 4:00 PM
- One Safe! Two Safe! Thrreeeee... Safe! Oh, sorry, I was just working on my workout. I'm Shockley, and I'm one of the Toon Troopers in charge of making sure that everyone in Toontown stays safe. No, not just by buying more Drop gags!
- To begin strengthening myself to levels of safety never-before-seen in Toontown, I went to the one place where no one ever gets hurt: professional sports. Bats, cleats, and rackets -- the pinnacle of safety in the workplace! These tools of destruction can surely make for nothing less than a clean, fun game.
- Truth be told, the Toon Council had to turn Screwball Stadium from a sports complex into a racing course after just one day of safety disasters. As it turns out, professional sports aren't all that safe after all. Luckily, I've been watching of the old stadium events, and I think I have the gist of this. Here's the rules of being safe in sports -- as well on the internet!
- Keep your Game Plan a Secret!
- There's nothing sadder in Gum-ball (The amazing game of chewing!) than a predictable play. Keep your plans safe, and never reveal your personal information online! Whether you're in Toontown or some other whimsical world, your identity should be your greatest secret. Sharing information such as phone numbers and addresses could lead to potentially dangerous visits from Cold Callers, Telemarketers, and even worse.
- Secure your Locker!
- Sometimes it might seem like a good idea to share your Locker with friends, but it can lead to some sticky situations. Much like your locker might have your most valuable gags, your Toontown Account has valuable possessions as well: Your Toons! You should never share your Toontown Account's password. If your friend wants to play, they can create as many accounts as they could possibly need, all for free! As with your personal information, our Support Toons will never ask for your account's password.
- Don't Make a Foul Play!
- Unlike what I saw on those old film reels, the most important part of any sporting event is winning fair and square. Of course, that also means that you shouldn't be a sore loser! While it doesn't necessarily make you safer, being kind to others makes the internet a better place for everyone!
- Ask for your Team's Help!
- The best chewers in Gum-ball didn't get there on their own. The best way to win any game is through teamwork -- and that extends to Toontown! If you ever fear for your safety in Toontown, use the "Report" button and contact email@example.com for help! Our team of Support Toons are there to help solve any issues you may have.
- There you have it, ladies and gentletoons! Now, I'm off to learn about other safe pastimes in Toontown. I've always wanted to learn about the art of skydiving...
Posted by Crystal on February 14, 2020 at 3:30 PM
- Happy ValenToon’s Day, everyone! This horse’s name is Crystal, and I'm the proud owner of Just Vase It Flower Arrangements in Daisy Gardens. Flowers are a year-round specialty of mine, but there's no busier time than ValenToon's Day. Every year, Toons mail me flower orders from all across town for their special someones. Everyone is always so especially kind and caring on February 14th. I was in the middle of fulfilling bouquet orders when I decided to spread some cheer for the lovey-dovey holiday.
- Every year, I help spread ValenToon's Day cheer throughout the week by assisting with the spread of ValenToon's Week Heart Treasures. Not only will they fill up your Laff Meter with pure chocolate goodness, but they're also refreshingly sweet!
- During my yearly influx of ValenToon's Day related orders, I get a Toontanic-sized amount of orders from anonymous secret admirers... like this one to Dr. Dimm! He usually gets one or two every year. Who wouldn't love that crazy duck? Let’s see his score today... Ah-ha, eighty-eight!
- Let's read that again. Carry the five, subtract the two... yada yada yada... eighty-eight...
- Dr. Dimm, you dashing duck! I have so many questions: Who are these secret admirers? Maybe they’re a part of the greater Scientoon community? All these envelopes look the same. Do they all shop at the same post office? They even look like they have the same penmanship. Could it be a duck thing? Why are all the orders written in crayon? Why are they all the same color?
- Happy ValenToon's Day, Toontown!
Posted by The Toontown Team on February 15, 2020 at 3:30 PM
- Hello again, Toontown! My name is Joey, though you may better know me by my wacky character from the Toontown Blog: Sir Max. Some of you may have heard that after 6½ years of running the Public Relations Team here at Toontown Rewritten, I've passed that torch into great gloves, and will be shifting my focus to full-time Creative Direction.
- This post is to tell you a little bit more about what that means for Toontown, and to introduce a brand new department of our team that needs YOUR help: The Game Design Team!
- What is Game Design?
- Game Design, in essence, focuses on designing the content and rules of a game. Game Designers work alongside artists, programmers, sound designers, and other team members to create a unified vision for how all of these things come together to make a game fun.
- Who are the people that decided how much damage a Toontanic deals? Or mapped out the way that ToonTasks work? Or created the rules for Sellbot Field Office minigames? That's right: Game Designers!
- Using Toontown's Design Pillars, we help the team plan creative designs for mechanics, systems, balancing, core loops, and all other aspects of gameplay while upholding the creative principles that have made Toontown outrageously fun. Additionally, the Game Design Department processes player feedback, performs data analysis, hosts playtesting sessions, identifies accessibility problems, and more.™
- What Qualifications Do I Need?
- There are a few different roles on the Game Design Team that require different responsibilities, which we'll talk about in a moment. Game Designers don't necessarily have to be artists, programmers, or sound designers themselves these days -- but any of these additional skills are useful!
- While the applications below will dive deeper into specific qualifications: The main thing we're looking for with our new Game Design Team is a group of creative people who are excellent collaborators, and who possess deep listening skills to understand the core principles that make Toontown fun. To quote Toontown Online's original Creative Director, Jesse Schell:
- "The most important skill for a game designer is listening. [...] By listening, I don’t mean merely hearing what is said. I mean a deeper listening, a thoughtful listening."
- What Positions are Available?
- There are currently three positions available on the Game Design team. Here's a very brief overview for each. Click on any link to view the application and learn more!
- Design, iterate, and playtest game content while upholding the creative principles that have made Toontown outrageously fun. Other responsibilities include processing feedback, hosting playtests, and performing data analysis.
- Collaborate with the development team to map out virtual spaces which solve unique challenges that arise in a massively multiplayer environment. No artistic or programming knowledge is required, however we do prefer applicants who have the ability to construct whiteboxed levels in a format that can be imported into Toontown’s game engine, Panda3D.
- Identify accessibility problems and other impediments to the player experience, as well as design user interfaces in collaboration with other team members. Work with our art and programming teams to improve our existing interfaces and create brand new ones.
- How Can I Learn More?
- If you're interested in any of these positions, you should absolutely apply! We're looking to get this new team together as soon as possible, and the worst thing that can happen is we'll give you some ideas about how to improve with encouragement to apply again in the future.
- If you'd like to learn more about Game Design but aren't sure where to start, you're in luck! Toontown Online's original Creative Director, Jesse Schell, literally wrote the book on Game Design. You can learn more about the book and the free app on .
- NOTE: Schell Games isn't affiliated with Toontown Rewritten and didn't ask us to advertise Jesse's book. We just really enjoy it, and there are even some stories about Toontown's development in there!
- How Does This Change Impact Toontown?
- Throughout the many years of Toontown Rewritten's life, I've always had to split my time between creative direction, community management, marketing, programming, team leadership, and all of the other tasks to juggle when serving as one of the leaders of a small volunteer team for a very large online game.
- Luckily, the Toontown Rewritten Team is no longer quite so small! Our team is now 80 members strong, and there are finally structures in place that allow me to take some of the weight off of my shoulders by moving away from the marketing & community management side of things. In basic terms, this means that I'll be able to put more of my time towards helping the team move along projects like , which are scheduled for release this year.
- Even with this new time on my hands, however, we can't do it without you! We need your support to keep Toontown growing, whether it's by joining the Game Design Team, a different position, or just by spreading some joy and kindness throughout the Toontown Community.
- Thanks for reading this very long post, and thanks for supporting Toontown. We're working hard on new content for 2020, and we can't wait for you to play it!
Posted by The Toontown Team on March 11, 2020 at 2:30 PM
- Surprise, surprise! It’s already nearly that time of year again -- grab your pies, seltzer bottles, and firefighters’ helmets? Today, we’re here to formally announce the most Toonerrific event of the year, the ToonFest: Toon HQ Takeover! The Toontown Team is returning to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania for four days of slapstick fun, hosted from July 9-12 at !
- We're not coming alone though -- Toon HQ will be joining us! Toon HQ's motives are currently unknown, but they're no doubt silly! Take a look at our announcement video below to see footage from last year’s event, and continue reading to see what this takeover is all about!
- What’s ToonFest?
- ToonFest is an annual event that brings the joy of Toontown and its community to the real world. Toons from all over come together to hang out -- both players like YOU and the folks that make the game we all know and love! We’ll be hosting unique activities over the course of the event, from behind-the-scenes Backstage Workshops to our annual Great Pie Toss! Regardless of whether you’re attending ToonFest in person or watching online from home, we’ve got lots of fun things planned for you.
- Although this is actually our sixth year hosting ToonFest, for the very first time we’re introducing a unique theme! Toon Headquarters has taken over, and you’ll be seeing their antics and craziness throughout our booth and the show. You'll just have to wait and see how far they'll go with the takeover -- it'll be madness! In the future, we plan to have a new theme for every year of ToonFest.
- Where is ToonFest?
- ToonFest is making its triumphant return to ReplayFX 2020 yet again -- after three previous Toontastic years there! The convention is located in the David L. Lawrence Convention Center in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The celebrations kick off on Thursday, July 9th and end on Sunday, July 12th. In other words, it's a whole weekend of nonstop fun! If you’re considering joining us this year but want to learn more first, check out the information page to see what we have to offer!
- If you want to join your fellow Toons at ReplayFX this summer, you’ll want to purchase your tickets as soon as possible! Thousands of people attend the convention every year, so tickets and hotels may not last long. When you , make sure to pick “Toontown” as your reason for attending!
- Stay TOONed and keep your eyes on the Toontown Blog for more information as July 9th approaches. We can’t wait to see you at ToonFest!
- Are YOU Toon Enough?
- Note from the Toontown Team:
- We have been cautiously watching the status of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak across the continental United States with the help of the wonderful folks over at ReplayFX. As of right now, everything is still set to move forward in July, and we have every reason to believe that it will stay that way. If anything changes regarding ReplayFX and ToonFest, we'll make sure that you're all one of the first to know. Above all, the safety of Toontown's players is of the utmost importance to us.
Posted by Doctor Dimm on March 12, 2020 at 4:00 PM
- That's my name! I still wonder why I hear people yelling it all the time. Maybe I've got a . I really can't think of any other reason why. If you somehow haven't met me, I'm one of the Scientoons at Loony Labs. The best, battiest Scientoon in town, if you ask me! Be sure to swing by Toon Hall to say hello whenever you can. I get awfully bored hearing Purrview ramble on.
- Don't let me get carried away though, I'm already tired enough from carrying all these zeroes! Between the Toon Resistance and the Toon Troop, Loony Labs has been stretched thin all across town. Luckily, we've pulled through and come up with multiple scientific breakthroughs!
- Organic Gags
- If there's one thing more annoying than yelling "Doctor Dimm!", it's having to yell "ORG!" at your friends. Whether you've got a 'Terrific Throw' or a 'Ludicrous Lure', quickly yelling at your friends about your organic gags is always important. The Resistance came in and rambled on about some Cog threat shenanigans and how we need to battle smarter. The point is though, they wanted none other than ME to help upgrade Toon T.A.G.S.!
- I took a bit of spray paint, rigged up a pulley, smacked it with a few hammers -- and presto! You can now see what Gags are organic in Toon T.A.G.S! But that's not all -- I worked with the folks over at Goofy's Gag Shop to upgrade your Gag Pouches as well. When you select an Organic Gag in battle, it'll sparkle bright! The old pastime of shouting "ORG!" should be no more.
- Picnic Games
- But that's not all. Professor Purrview has been called upon by the Toon Troop to inspect Picnic Games at Chip 'n Dale's Acorn Acres. It's been a long while since , and they've been in a state of disrepair for quite a while. Professor Purrview has a knack for being... "purrticular" about things. With her stellar skills, Picnic Games have been fully revamped! Try them out when you're in the mood for some friendly competition. I sure am, and let me tell you -- my greatest enemy is terrible at checkers! Curse you, Banana Peel...
- Major Bug Fixes
- Last but certainly not least, Professor Prepostera has been called to investigate... . With the protection of the Toon Resistance, Prepostera went in and sealed up all the cracks. In other words, logic-breaking bugs in the D.A. Office and Cog Golf Courses have been fixed! Plus, on his way there, Prepostera ran into some interesting "crashes", sending him right back to the playground. Huge gaps, right in the tunnels we travel through every day. Who would've thunk. I've heard many Toons complaining about these to the Toon Council, so I'm happy to see all of them fixed. Maybe now I can finally hear myself think...
- "Doctor Dimm!"
- Do you hear something? Must've been the wind...
Posted by Colonel Crunchmouth on March 14, 2020 at 4:30 PM
- Get OFF of me, Cassie!
- Hello Toons, it's your favorite cereal-toon Colonel Crunchmouth here. What, were you expecting me to talk like a pirate or something? I may enjoy the crunch of a good bite of chilled cereal, but I'm not some mascot! Look, could you please tell Ms. Peppercakes that a frozen, sugar-frosted peppermint pie should be this year’s pie for Pie Day? It’s firm jelly inside and its sweet crusty outside make it a perfect pie projectile!
- What do you mean your "chilli-pepper" pies come with real chilli-peppers and therefore act as multiple projectiles when thrown? They don’t count as projectiles if they’re not pies, Cassie! We all know that everyone’s favorite flavor of pie is peppermint. It’s Tooniversally known. We’ve got to decide which pie is best suited for flinging so Baker Bridget can make a ton and send it to Flippy at his pie stand. Yes yes, I understand that your chile powder frosting acts as a second layer of defense against retaliating Toons but won’t that hurt?
- Sigh. It’s obvious that we’re not settling on one pie. So...why don’t we make a pie together? Yes yes, I know we don’t have time to properly write a new recipe but it’s better than not delivering one at all. Hm, what’s that? Combine them? What do you mean? Just mix the recipes?
- A Chile Pepper-mint Pie...?
- Ms. Peppercakes, that is probably the most... beautiful thing I’ve ever heard in my life! So what are the ingredients? Peppermint leaves? Of course. Red hot chilli peppers? Oh yes, an evil essential indeed. A sweet and spicy frosting to top it off? Perfect! Let’s ship it off to Bridget! Flippy will have these delicious Chile Pepper-mint Pies lined up for you all to toss and taste today. They may look like a normal pie on the outside, but boom -- sweet and spicy flavors to fight off those Cogs! Just walk up to Flippy's stand in Toontown Central and he’ll give you some. Cassie and I will be back by 12:00 AM Toontown Time (PDT) to take down the stand so get em while they’re hot! … Or cold!
Posted by The Back Stabbers on March 15, 2020 at 2:00 PM
- Good afternoon, Toons. Unfortunately, our shipment of the newly-printed “Extortion is the Best Solution” books, written by Your Honor, have been misplaced by a group of fellow Back Stabbers. The books were reportedly last seen disrespectfully being used as kindling at Open Fire Chestnut Roasting. As a result, operations in Lawbot Headquarters have been set back many days. The Chief Justice has now ordered all Back Stabbers to take to the streets throughout the Ides of March to settle these debts that you Toons now owe us.
- Not only are we Back Stabbers equipped to force you Toons to cease gag-manufacturing and Cog-busting, but we have intimidation tactics in place for all that do not cooperate (see Chapter 3: “Going Wild with Blackmail”). You will not be able to hide from our back-stabbing armies. This is what you Toons would call a “Back Stabber Mega-Invasion.”
- Our reputation as valuable assets to the Lawbot master plan are in jeopardy. You should feel guilty, and as such, comply with each and every demand. Don't even think about bringing in the Toon Resistance. If your library has a copy of the “Extortion is the Best Solution” collection, we will accept it in exchange for the “Bribery is a Form of Flattery” collection. We have extra copies.
- The Back Stabbers
Posted by Eugene on March 17, 2020 at 2:00 PM
- Good day to ya, Toons! It’s been a whole year since the last year and I’m worried that the dastardly Cog will strike again. I think we need ta take extra precautions, but don’t start baking your pies just yet. We can get rid o' him with good ol’ luck! Tis’ the season of chance! If luck is on our side, the Leprecog may decide to sleep in this year.
- How are we goin' ta increase our luck, Eugene? Wonderful question! Have ya heard of four-leaf clovers? You gotta be the luckiest Toon in Toontown to find one. Three-leaf clovers are everywhere, but four-leaf clovers? Now that’s rarer than a Devil Ray! Does that mean more leaves equals more luck? YES! The correct answer is yes. So, I propose we make a Hundred-Leaf Clover. With that many leaves, we’d be the luckiest bunch of Toons in the Tooniverse!
- Now, don’t my special green gloves look just like the leaves of a clover? YES! The correct answer is yes. For every pair of green gloves I give away, I’ll add one glove to the giant faux clover! The more Toons that come, the bigger our Hundred-Leaf Clover will be! So grab yerself a pair of shiny green gloves! Remember, these limited time gloves'll be available until March 21 at 11:59 PM Toontown Time (PDT) -- so don't miss out! All you gotta do is walk up ta' me and say "It's Easy to be Green!" from yer SpeedChat menu. I've even painted up some advertisin' around town to remind ya where ta' go.
- Hehe! With more luck on our side, we won’t have to raise a finger to get rid of the Lepre... Leprecog? Did I call it a Leprecog? Golly, I gotta start taking note of my sneaky little gimmicks. YES. The correct answer is probably yes.
Posted by Senior Vice President on April 1, 2020 at 2:00 PM
- From: Senior Vice President
- To: Chairman
- Cc: Chief Financial Officer, Chief Justice, Chief Executive Officer
- Subject: Toon News, Inc.
- Good afternoon, gentlemen.
- With our recent acquisition of “Toon News for the Amused, Incorporated” (henceforth referred to as “Toon News, Inc.”), productivity and sales have skyrocketed. This proposal has been months in the making and, as per the advice of the Legal Eagles, we decided that today is the optimal day to move forward with it. Unlike “Minglermail”, which the Minglers endlessly prattle on about, this platform allows us to use minimal resources while still effectively marketing to all of Toontown. I thank you all for your cooperation along the way.
- There was some opposition, but thankfully the Mover & Shakers continue to report no sightings of the Toon Resistance. The previous owner of the building refused to accept any calls from our Telemarketers and, because of this, we sent our best Glad Handers to the site with a contract to sign away the building into our possession. Ms. Pages simply misunderstood our motives, and before long, “happily” obliged. Immediately, we dropped another one of our corporate offices in the shop’s place.
- I have noticed that even Cogs from other departments are enjoying the new platform. The Yesmen are positively beaming with praise, and the Bloodsuckers have effectively used this new communication channel to remind Toons that we will be taking over the rest of their shops. Unfortunately, unlike the acquisition of Toon News, Inc., it appears that those Bloodsucker eviction notices may have been inadequately timed. I sent our top negotiator to a neighboring shop, only for the building to begin floating into the air in a wretched display of silliness before falling back down right onto the unfortunate Cog.
- Despite some setbacks, our sales projection shows this may be our most productive year yet. I cannot wait to speak with you all further about our other various projects in the works. However, I must get back to a meeting now.
Posted by Fluffy on April 2, 2020 at 2:00 PM
- Heya! Hi! I’m Fluffy. Who are you? Who am I? I’m Fluffy, wowza!!! Man oh man, it’s a wonderful week to be a Doodle. Toontown is wackier than I’ve ever seen! Aside from April Toons Week last year, and the year before that, and the year before that. There’s always SOMETHING going on this week! Are those jellybeans I smell?
- Do you know Flippy? He’s the best-est, most awesome-est friend in the whole wide world. Just the other day, he took me on a walk all the way to Acorn Acres! I saw Squirrel... and raced him! Oh, I don’t mean a squirrel, I mean another Doodle named Squirrel! Flippy is my best-est friend, but I have a LOT of other friends too! There’s Teddy, Tootsie, Whiskers, Whoopie, Sparky, Sudsy, Potpie, Pudgy, Ritzy, Ruggles... I’m running out of breath!
- It's super great to be able to talk again after all this time!! All my friends have been VERY chatty since April Toons Week started. Some Toons are saying that Doodles have begun talking all over Toontown! We’ve always got lots to say, though, even if you can’t understand it year-round. I even cheer Flippy on whenever he calls me into a Cog battle! It’s so exciting! And when Flippy’s home, I get JELLYBEANS!!!
- Huh? Do YOU want to be my friend, too? Yes, yes, yes! Do you have jellybeans for me? Flippy always has jellybeans for me! I LOVE Flippy!!!
Posted by The Toontown Team on May 2, 2020 at 11:00 AM
- From resource pack creators and livestreamers to the staff of entire Toontown-oriented communities, Toontown Rewritten's entire community is full of fantastic content creators! We know there's so many games out there you could be creating content for, and we're extremely grateful you chose to keep the Toontown spirit alive. Because of this, we're always looking for new ways to bridge the gap between our community and our staff. Today, we are proud to officially introduce the Toontown Rewritten Partner Program!
- What is the partner program?
- The Toontown Rewritten Partner Program exists to bridge the gap between community influencers and our team. We created this program for the purpose of recognizing, supporting, and uniting the positive voices of the Toontown community. Our main goal is to provide you with the support and communication you need to grow your own audience, so that we as a whole can make the Toontown community stronger and keep it thriving for years to come! As a Partner, you will be held to a higher standard than the average community member -- as you’ll know about exclusive information before the general community knows.
- Who's eligible to join?
- To start, we'll be looking for Content Creators and entire Communities to partner with us. If you livestream, make videos of, or design resource packs for, Toontown Rewritten we'd love to hear from you! Similarly, if you're a fan-run Toontown Rewritten community with users actively participating, engaging or actively utilizing your services and resources, this program may be of interest to you. Keep reading on for a link to the program's information packet which outlines more specifically the guidelines and eligibility requirements.
- What's in it for me?
- We believe that the Partner Program is an exciting opportunity that draws you closer to Toontown than ever before. We recognize that our community influencers are an important part of the game’s success and would like to celebrate all that you choose to contribute to the Toontown community. Here are some awesome perks you’ll gain as a Partner.
- Connect with the Toontown Team!
- Join a partner-exclusive Discord server, where you’ll be able to access shared partner resources and communicate directly with the Toontown Rewritten Team.
- Pass along feedback from you and your community to the team from within the Partner Discord server.
- Spotlight on YOU!
- Occasionally, we’ll make posts on the Toontown Blog that feature content creators and partnered communities who have contributed consistently and significantly to the Toontown community. In turn, you'll grow your audience as well!
- Learn about updates and plans in advance.
- You may want to use the information about upcoming updates and plans to schedule content to coincide with it. From a special livestream or video on release day to an updated content pack, you’ll be ready and raring to go.
- Celebrate with us!
- You'll be able to hear when certain events are going to start ahead of time, which you can use to prepare extra content for your audience ahead of time! Whether it be plans to attend with your community or a scheduled livestream, getting info about events can be very useful.
- Vanity toon.town URL
- Reach your community and share it with others like never before!
- Exclusive Toon-ID*
- One Toon of your choosing may receive an exclusive “COMMUNITY PARTNER” Toon ID, for as long as you’re a partner, to make sure people know who the “real you” is.
- *This feature has not yet been released and will be included in a future game update.
- Sounds great, where can I learn more?
- To learn more about the program and to submit your application to join, head to our brand new Partner Program page by clicking the button below or in our website's footer. Once you're there, download the information packet to see what you need to do to apply!
- We are proud to announce that we have already partnered with (ATTA), , and the . We're so excited to partner up with these communities right out of the gate and can't wait to support them in all they will accomplish!
- The Toontown Rewritten Partner Program is still in its early stages, and we would love to have YOU help us shape it! Be sure to send your feedback to Toontown Support, and as always -- stay TOONed for future updates!
Posted by The Toontown Team on May 12, 2020 at 3:00 PM
- In these crazy times that we're living in, it's an understatement to say that we're thankful for Toontown. It has been absolutely outstanding to hear the stories of how Toontown is brightening people's day and bringing friends together while we're all stuck at home!
- As summer approaches, we wanted to take some time to give you an important update about our annual real-world event, ToonFest.
- As many of you may have heard, Replay FX, the home of this year's ToonFest, has been cancelled this year due to concerns regarding COVID-19. We know that ToonFest is the highlight of the year for many Toons around the world, and we're heartbroken that we won't be able to see you in person this year.
- While the in-person event has been cancelled, that doesn't mean we can't celebrate online within the Tooniverse! We're shifting our plans, and turning "ToonFest: Toon HQ Takeover" into a digital event! Based on YOUR feedback from past ToonFests and our recent ToonCast, we'll be thinking of creative ways to bring the best parts of ToonFest online for everyone.
- Planning an online and an in-person event are very different things, and we'll need some time to get things together. Thus, ToonFest will be moving to a new weekend later in the year with some brand new activities to celebrate from your own home!
- Keep your eye on the Toontown Blog for details about the new date and activities for ToonFest: Toon HQ Takeover.
- Replay FX Needs YOU!
- Replay FX has been a wonderful home for ToonFest for the past three years, and we fully support their decision to cancel the event in order to keep everyone safe. Many folks don't know that just like Toontown, Replay FX is an organization ran by volunteers! Unfortunately, cancelling their event this year means that the future of the event could be in jeopardy.
- If you are willing to send a "Thank you!" to Replay FX for what they've done for Toontown, and allow them to continue hosting events for many years to come, we suggest considering sending a donation to the who puts on this event.
- NOTE: Replay Foundation is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization not associated with Toontown Rewritten. We love the folks over there and want to show them support -- we're not paid or compensated in any way for this post!
- Info for Ticket Holders
- If you already purchased tickets for Replay FX 2020, the event organizers have set up a form to . After May 19th, any pre-purchased tickets will be automatically converted to an equivalent ticket for Replay FX 2021.
- Remember, refunds on existing tickets must be requested by May 19th! Toontown Rewritten does not oversee any of the ticket sales for Replay FX, so be sure to with any questions about the refund process.
- We are deeply sorry to those who have to cancel their plans to join us this year. Luckily, most airlines and hotels have extended their cancellation periods. Be sure to take advantage of those and request a full refund -- don't want too long so that the Cogs don't give you any late fees!
- ToonFest Will Return!
- Thank you all so much for supporting ToonFest over the past six years, whether online or in person. We've come a long way since our first convention in Owensboro, Kentucky! While ToonFest may be a digital event this year, we're already thinking of ways to make sure next year's event is TOONTASTIC enough to make up for our lost time.
- You folks are the reason we spend so much time, money, and energy putting this event together -- and that won't be stopping anytime soon.
- Stay TOONed for the virtual event, and we hope to see you in person next summer!
Posted by The Toontown Team on May 27, 2020 at 2:00 PM
- Have a soft spot for Trading Cards? Wish you had a piece of Toontown in the palm of your hand? Then Toontown Member Mailers are the perfect gift for you or your Toontown-loving friend or family member! Riggy Marole. The Laff Meter. Sellbot Field Offices. You could bring these Trading Cards home with just a few simple steps!
- You can bring the silliness of the cartoon world to your world with Toontown Member Mailers. These physical pieces of Toontastic art can be yours today for the low-low price of $0.00! FREE! Toontown merch for the cost of zilch? You betcha!
- Every year, the Toontown Team’s oh-so-talented Brand Artists create all-new original merchandise for the annual ToonFest meet-and-greet event. We know that not everyone can attend, so we print a ton of extra art to give away to every one of our players in the form of Member Mailers.
- To learn more about Member Mailers, click on the image above for all the information you could ever want, including step-by-step instructions. If you've got an unanswered question, feel free to reach out to our Support Toons by email or on Social Media!
- We'll continue sending out Mailers while supplies last, so act now before they’re gone! All letters must be postmarked by March 31st, 2021 to guarantee that we can meet the demand.
- You can also use your Member Mailer request envelope to send a letter or some fan art to the Toontown Rewritten Team! Send us something cool -- and you might just see it posted on our website or social media pages. (Don’t forget to attach your Toon name so we can give credit where it’s due.)
- Click on the image above to learn more about the Toontown Member Mailer program, and don't forget to ask a parent before participating. Enjoy!