Posted by Franz Neckvein on January 16, 2019 at 2:30 PM
- I said zat , and here I am! We're halfway zere, Toons. Ze Winter Laff-o-Lympics end in just sixteen more days on February 1st, 2019 at 11:59 PM Toontown Time! But zat is of no concern. After all, zere are hundreds, if not thousands of new Toons entering Toontown every day! I can see ze Cogs quaking in zere' boots, seeing all of ze new Toons growing stronger every day.
- Now is no time for talk, no, now is time for pep talk! After all, you all want to know how each of ze teams is doing, ja? Between ze delicious Team Milk & Cookies and ze toasty Team Hot Cocoa, who knows which vill win? I don't know these things, but I do know who's in ze lead so far!
- How many Toons have joined each team? Let's see what ze Loony Labs' Loonix computer tells us.
- Holy smokes! Zere are 10,615 Toons on Team Milk & Cookies, and 13,828 Toons on Team Hot Cocoa! I bite my tounge from what I said before, zere have been nearly 25,000 Toons participating in ze Winter Laff-o-Lympics! Not only zat, but there is a nearly 40/60 split between each of ze teams.
- But ze Toons on each team doesn't decide ze victor. Right now, it looks like Team Hot Cocoa is in the lead! Toons on Team Hot Cocoa have earned more Laff Points in total than ze total Laff earned by Team Milk & Cookies! But ze race is not over yet, ja? There's still plenty of time for either team to pull ahead for ze win.
- I vill see everyone after ze Laff-o-Lympics ends, and only zen will I bring ze final results! If you still haven't begun, zere's still plenty of time to participate in ze Winter Laff-o-Lympics. Now get out zere and train your mopey muscles!
Posted by Franz Neckvein on January 25, 2019 at 2:00 PM
- Come here, itty bitty Cogs! I've got ze finest Trap Gags in all of Toontown, just vaiting for you! Look into ze Hypno Goggle eyes, and fall into ze trapdoor! Bahahahaha! I tell you, zese Cogs fall for my traps every time! Even if zey can't take ze jokes, zey sure are happy to fall for zem!
- In fact, let's do ze teensy test, Toons. Vhat would happen if I kept ze Hypno Goggles on all weekend? Ze Cogs vill keep coming, and I can keep trapping zem! Ze only limit is how many Trap Gags I can carry. In fact, I think I can keep zis' up forever. Say hello to my little friends, Cogs!
- I vill destroy, all of... ze Cogs... Oof. I'm feeling dizzy. Ven did zat Cold Caller turn into two Short Changes? Ooh, I think zat I am seeing double. Now, vhat will happen if I destroy both of zese Cogs zat I see? I see now, I am getting ze Double XP!
- Aha, for as long as I wear ze Hypno Goggles, every Toon will receive Double XP! I don't know how long I can keep zis' up, so I'll just have to keep zem on for zis weekend. From now until January 27th at 11:59PM Toontown Time (PST), every toon vill receive Double XP! Zis should be a wonderful way to finish strong with ze Winter Laff-o-Lympics Toons, ja?
- Now, if you can excuse me, I am feeling very sleepy and sick to ze stomach. Seeing double is far worse zen you may think...
Posted by Franz Neckvein on February 2, 2019 at 7:15 PM
- HELLO LAFFLETES, far and wide, from Donald's Dreamland all the way to my hometown of Toontown Central! Welcome to ze finish line! Ze Winter Laff-o-Lympics have officially come to a spectacular finishing act. Of course, zat means ze time has come to announce ze winners of ze event, ja?
- I am so proud to see all of my puny Laffletes grow up into champions! Zat is ze Punchline Gym's purpose. First, I vill list how many Toons received each medal:
- A total of 2,251 Toons vill receive the Bronze prize!
- A total of 409 Toons vill receive the Silver Prize, including an exclusive SpeedChat phrase!
- Finally, 238 Toons vill receive the Gold Prize, which contains an exclusive Toon T.A.G.S. style!
- But zat's not what you're all here for, I get zat. In my hands, I hold ze winning team of the 2019 Winter Laff-o-Lympics. Who vill it be? Perhaps ze warm and toasty Team Hot Cocoa, or vill it be ze delicious and sugary Team Milk & Cookies? Ze truth is, both teams got lots and lots of ze Laff points. Toontown is now stronger zen ever in fighting ze Cogs! However, I must crown a single winner...
- Ze winner of the Winter Laff-o-Lympics is Team Hot Cocoa! Congratulations to all Cats, Crocodiles, Deer, Monkeys, and Mice who participated in ze Winter Laff-o-Lympics and gained 50 Laff Points! Once again, you vill recieve zese rewards prizes ze next time you enter Toontown:
- 5000 Jellybeans
- 1000 Racing Tickets
- One Gag-Up All Unite
- One Max Toon-Up Unite
- Two 600 Bean Unites
- Finally, I vould like to thank all Toons who participated in ze Winter Laff-o-Lympics. Ze Cogs are getting stronger by ze day, and ve will need all the strength possible to fight back ze intruders. To all of ze Laffletes, Thank YOU for making zis' a Toontastic Winter Laff-o-Lympics!
- Now, there's no time to vaste, I am already behind on my training! If you need me, I vill be exercising my strength back at ze Punchline Gym. Until next time!
Posted by Sir Max on February 14, 2019 at 2:00 PM
- Hello there Toontown, it's your favorite part-time Toontown Blog enthusiast Sir Max. As is tradition every year, ValenToon's Week is in full swing. As is tradition since this year, I lie in wait at my estate, alone. It's okay though, I know something good will happen this year.
- After all, there's only a few more days to go until half-priced chocolate at the Dropping Degrees Diner! Most people buy their chocolate before ValenToon's week, but little do they know how easy it is to find after the fact!
- While most Toons may be concerned with finding true love or some other malarkey, I'm more concerned with how long it'll be until I can get cheap chocolate! I may not be a fan of the associated with ValenToon's day, but I do love massive piles of chocolate! It's even better than Halloween, let me tell you.
- Maybe a stroll outside will ease the pain of waiting for chocolate. The Estate is very calming, after all. Wait a minute... are those... CHOCOLATE HEARTS on the ground?
- Happy ValenToon's Day, Toontown!
Posted by The Fissiontons on February 26, 2019 at 11:59 PM
- Fissionton, look.
- What's this? We’re not only logged into Toontown’s “Social Media” accounts...
- Ah! But also their blog post announcement doohickey.
- Salutations, Toontown. For those of you whom may not remember me, my name is Doctor Fissionton, and I'm joined today by my colleague: Doctor Fissionton. It's the 26th of the month, of course, which means we're here to discuss today's anomaly!
- Do you think it was a tad too theatrical?
- Nonsense, it's a grand finale.
- Yes, plus it's been since they first met us.
- since we met them.
- Now Toons, as you may recall, the 26th of every month has resulted in some sort of anomaly of time thanks to a certain Doctor. Some have been too small to notice, and some have been hard to miss. It's a ripple effect caused by his initial time travel experiment. Today's anomaly, for example, put every Toontown Social Media account into the control of the S.I.L.L.I. (Scientists Interested In Laugh Levels Increasing).
- Not that we would ever suggest taking advantage of a situation such as this.
- No, not at all. Dimm, please step away from the terminal!
- Some of you may ask: What's Fissionton up to? Why post the S.I.L.L.I. test video? What has he been doing all of this time?
- Some of them are already on the verge of an answer.
- I knew that giving the Doctor a puzzle would put it in their hands.
- With patience, they'll understand what we've been working towards since the beginning.
- Toontown, brace yourself. The Final Plan is well underway. Loony Labs will keep you updated with their newly-found social media access. We're nearing the turning point in Toon History. This minute may mark the end of the 26th, but today's anomaly is far from over. See you soon.
Posted by The Fissiontons on February 28, 2019 at 11:59 PM
- Hello, hello. It's Doctor Fissionton again. You know, the one who is two? Rippling in and out of time? 26 million Silly Particles? Posted on the Toontown Blog two days ago? Yes! That's me.
- By "me" you must mean "us."
- When you're not bound by time, why bother being bound to grammar?
- I suppose there are more pressing things to worry about.
- Yes. Why don't we show them today's test?
- Ever since the 26th of this month, an anomaly has been tearing through Toontown. It's the reason we're having to write a post so late -- ever since the anomaly led the Loony Labs Scientoons to start using social media, all of the computers have been occupied for every moment of the day! As you may have noticed, however... We've had a bit of a hand to play in the events of this anomaly.
- I must say, their collective effort has been quite outstanding.
- The best and brightest are piecing our puzzles together in record time!
- All of these years of training truly have paid off for them.
- They may even be starting to understand what we have been working towards.
- Though, this puzzle has proven to be harder than the others.
- It'll be much easier once we realized that we already dotted their a's for them.
- With each step towards The Final Plan, the ripple becomes closer to stabilizing. Loony Labs is learning more about the Tooniverse, the anomaly, and the silliness behind it all. Silliness is a powerful entity, with effects even I -- we -- could not have foreseen.
- Fissionton, take a look under this microscope for a moment.
- Is that dust on the lens, or is that what we're looking for?
- If we screen it correctly, it'll make a contrasting difference.
- The hour is growing late, and Doctor Surlee will certainly want to run more tests early in the morning. It's both past and before our bedtime, which means it's as good of a time as any to leave you to it.
- Don't worry, you'll be back here soon. Best of luck.
Posted by The Toontown Team on March 3, 2019 at 11:00 AM
- If you've been keeping a close eye on Toontown this week, you'll know that something big is happening! On Thursday, this all came to a boiling point when Toons discovered Part One of a two-part web comic called "Gone Fission." Read on to learn more, then click on the image below to view the comic!
- So, how did we get here? Keen-eyed Toons may have noticed some very strange happenings on social media over the past few days. Thanks to the anomalies of the 26th and the meddling of Doctor Fissionton, Loony Labs has taken over Toontown's social media!
- In addition to the social media silliness, several videos were posted on the Toontown . These videos seemed like simple Silly Meter tests, but they turned out to be much more! Some super smart sleuths across the Toontown community found that each video contained a small puzzle placed by The Fissiontons, which led to the comic that you'll find above.
- What comes next? It's hard to say, but we're certain that more Silly Meter silliness will be involved. Based on the last panel of the comic, it looks like we'll find out more on March 6th!
- Lastly, let's end this post to a huge shout-out to our puzzle solving community. We love putting together these Alternate Reality Games (ARGs) for you to solve, and we hope that you have as much fun solving them as we have creating them!
- If you find these mysteries intriguing, you should check out the and the , which are two communities full of dedicated Toons who worked together to solve this puzzle. Join now so that you can be involved with the next one!
- NOTE: These communities are not officially sponsored by Toontown Rewritten. We trust the moderators of these communities and know that they maintain a family friendly environment, but we do not manage either of them. Ask a parent before joining!
Posted by The Toontown Team on March 5, 2019 at 9:00 AM
- You've watched the videos, read the blog posts, solved the puzzles, and bought a hype train ticket to each and every station. We've been right there with you every step of the way, but today we are more excited than ever for one big reason: We will be releasing The Silly Meter Update tomorrow, March 6th!
- Normally, we'd keep you on your toes until the update starts going out, but there's a few things we want to tell you about ahead of time for this update. The Silly Meter Update is the single largest expansion we've created to date, and while we've taken great care to prepare such a monumental release, we know that it won't be perfect right away!
- The following information will give you a few details about what to expect from this update, and how you can help us make it as great as it can be!
- Balancing Updates
- To say that the Silly Meter Update is releasing tomorrow... Is only partially true. The real truth is: The update was released weeks ago!
- Over the past few weeks, you may have noticed several maintenance periods with seemingly no visible updates. In fact, these maintenance periods were to add and adjust an invisible version of the Silly Meter so that we could test and balance it with thousands of players, rather than just the small handful that we have on our Quality Assurance Team.
- While we've done our best to get the Silly Meter balancing just right so that the meter doesn't fill up too quickly, nor too slowly -- we know that we're going to need to make some tweaks as you all begin to play and explore its full potential. Be sure to expect additional balancing updates throughout the first few days. Our ears will be wide open to hear your feedback!
- Reporting Bugs
- What's a Toontown update without a few bugs to squash? The Silly Meter Update has been going through rigorous testing for weeks thanks to our QA Team, but due to us being a volunteer team with limited resources, it's impossible for us to cover every inch of an update like this which impacts every little part of Toontown.
- We hope that there won't be too many issues, but we ask you to please bear with us throughout any bugs you find! In order to help us get the release in tip-top shape, be sure to report them to us so that we can squash the bugs as quickly as possible. We've done everything we can to test this release with our own resources, now we need your help to report anything we missed!
- The First Cycle
- There's no doubt that you've seen some of what Doctor Fissionton and Doctor Surlee have been up to recently! Throughout the first "Silly Cycle" (Our term for a full run of the Silly Meter, from start to finish), you may see some special in-game events occur in Toontown while the Silly Meter rises to peak silliness.
- What does this mean? Well, you may experience a bit of extra wackiness related to the story which won't be there for future play-throughs! Keep in mind that this first Silly Cycle is going to be a bit different than the ones that will happen after the event is over. The first maxing of the Silly Meter deserves a grand celebration, after all!
- Send Your Feedback!
- Following the release of the Silly Meter, we're going to be working around the clock to monitor the update to handle all problems and feedback that we receive. YOU are essential to helping us make this update successful!
- If you have questions, bug reports, suggestions, or anything else you want to convey to us: Send an email to ! We'll also be monitoring our social media pages, reading community websites, and talking to you in game to make sure everyone is heard.
- Our goal with the Silly Meter Update has been to produce an expansion that is fun, long-lasting, and higher quality than any update Toontown has received. We can't predict the unforeseen problems that may pop up after release, but we are not going to stop working until we're fully satisfied that those goals have been met. We are Toontown players just like you, after all, and we are super excited to play our creation alongside you!
- Phew! That wraps up all of the information we needed to get off of our chests. Tomorrow, we'll have a full blog post from Doctor Surlee telling you all about the features of the Silly Meter to coincide with its release. Stay silly, Toontown fans. We'll see you tomorrow!
Posted by Doctor Surlee on March 6, 2019 at 6:00 PM
- Good afternoon, Toons. My name's Doctor Surlee from Loony Labs, and the other Scientoons insisted that I be the one to tell you today's big news. After working tirelessly with the S.I.L.L.I. Team, it's finally time to unveil a device that has been years in the making. Introducing my most exciting invention yet, the new and improved Silly Meter!
- When Toontown came together and , this is what we needed them for. Never before has a scientific marvel such as this been attempted, let alone created, in Toontown's original or rewritten history!
- What's so impressive about it, you ask? I would just give you my blueprints, but Professor Prepostera suggested passing along this helpful summary for the less scientifically savvy. It outlines how the device works, what affects it, and how to interact with it.
- The Silly Meter
- The Silly Meter measures all of the silliness throughout Toontown. The more Toon activity going on, the more silly Toontown will be, and the more the Silly Meter will rise! Activities such as throwing a party, playing a round of golf, taking over Cog buildings, and defeating Cogs all generate Silly Points. In fact, practically any activity in Toontown will.
- But it’s not all fun and games! The Cogs are stern-faced to silliness, and activity such as Cog Invasions, Cog Buildings and even Cogs roaming the streets will lower the Silliness levels. Fight back against them to keep the Silly Meter high!
- As time goes on and the Silliness rises, you’ll begin to notice some wacky happenings throughout our town. By our predictions, the streets will gradually begin to come alive with dancing fire hydrants, juggling trash cans and moving mailboxes.
- Once the street props are fully animated, they will even help you in street battles against the Cogs, give you bonus Silly Points, and increase your movement speed when nearby!
- The Silly Reader
- With the combined efforts of myself and my colleagues at Loony Labs, Toons can track silliness on the fly with a new Shticker Book addition called the Silly Reader! It will update them on Silly Meter status, their own Silly Points, and detailed stats about all of the silliness-generating activity.
- Want to get in on the action? Talk to any Scientoon inside Toon Hall and ask them about getting a Silly Reader! You’ll need to have had some experience with silliness already in order to maneuver the device, so you'll need 30 Laff points or a Level 4 gag.
- Additionally, due to the large number of Toons that we’re expecting to see, I’ve roped in my colleagues Professor Purrview and Doctor Fumbdound from the C.A.K.E division of Loony Labs to assist with giving out Silly Readers. Make sure to say hello before they leave!
- Silly Cycles
- Like many things in life, the silliness of Toontown happens in cycles. The Silly Meter has been designed to go through several phases:
- Active Phase
- This is the phase where Toons can earn Silly Points and push the Silly Meter to its peak! There is no active reward during this part of the cycle, but the Silly Meter undergoes several transformations to account for rising levels of silliness across Toontown. Make sure to check out Toon Hall every now and then to see the various forms of the Silly Meter emerge!
- Reward Phase
- This phase occurs after the Silly Meter maxes and lasts for a few days. When Toons are able to generate so much silliness that the Silly Meter's capacity can no longer stand it, all of Toontown will receive a special reward for two days! Heightened silly levels do all kinds of wacky and wonderful things to Toontown. You won't want to miss a second of it!
- Cool Down Phase
- If we kept the Silly Meter running around the clock, it would get so silly that it might just grow legs and walk out the door! The cool down phase allows both the Silly Meter and town-wide silly levels to normalize for about two days. Once the meter has reset and the silly levels have had time to stabilize, the Silly Meter moves once more into the "Active" phase!
- Silly Rewards and Silly Teams
- Once the Silly Meter reaches its peak, every Toon in Toontown will be rewarded with a Silly Reward! During the active phase of each Silly Cycle, there will be three possible rewards available. There are numerous possible rewards that could appear in a variety of combinations!
- The Scientoons are always working on researching new rewards, but for now, here is the entire list of possible Silly Rewards. The first three are the active ones for this first Silly Cycle!
|Overjoyed Laff Meters:|
A little joy goes a long way! +8 Maximum Laff Points while the Silly Meter is maxed.
|Decreased Fish Rarity:|
Holy Mackerel! Rare fish are easier to find with this silly perk.
Double your fun (and money) with double jellybeans for all activities!
|Speedy Garden Growth:|
Make your gardens bloom faster than Daisy's to ramp up your garden experience.
|Double Racing Tickets:|
Ready, set, GO get Double Tickets at Goofy Speedway! Doesn't apply to Grand Prix races.
|Global Teleport Access:|
Who needs ToonTasks? Temporarily unlock teleport access to all areas of Toontown!
|Doodle Trick Boost:|
Jump! Backflip! Dance! Doodles perform tricks more often and earn more experience.
|Double Toon-Up Experience:|
Earn double experience for Toon-Up gags in all battles!
|Double Trap Experience:|
Earn double experience for Trap gags in all battles!
|Double Lure Experience:|
Earn double experience for Lure gags in all battles!
|Double Sound Experience:|
Earn double experience for Sound gags in all battles!
|Double Throw Experience:|
Earn double experience for Throw gags in all battles!
|Double Squirt Experience:|
Earn double experience for Squirt gags in all battles!
|Double Drop Experience:|
Earn double experience for Drop gags in all battles!
- You choose which reward you would like to see in Toontown by joining the Silly Team that corresponds to that reward. By joining a team, each Silly Point you earn will go towards your team’s total. Change your mind about which reward you would like? No problem! You can change your Silly Team allegiance anytime before the Silly Meter maxes via the Shticker Book.
- The team with the most points earned at the time the Silly Meter reaches its peak will unlock that reward for everyone in Toontown, even if you don't have a Silly Reader!
- Taking Toontown to New heights
- Thanks to the blueprints from Doctor Fissionton, the Silly Meter you see today in our town's renovated Toon Hall is capable of tracking more silliness than we had previously imagined. With improvements made to its technical workings across the board, we are able to harness that silliness to bring Toontown spectacular rewards. We in the scientoonfic community believe that this innovative work will bring Toontown to new heights, and perhaps give us the power we need to push the Cogs off our streets for good.
- On that note, I need to get back to work. Now that the Silly Meter is in full operation, there is a great deal of research to be done! The other Loony Labs scientoons will keep you posted throughout the week as the Silly Meter rises. I'll see you in Toon Hall!
Posted by Professor Prepostera on March 9, 2019 at 2:00 PM
- Greetings, Toontown. Professor Prepostera of Loony Labs here. As many of you may be aware, Toontown's Silly Levels have been rapidly rising over the past few days. This is a result of Loony Labs' fantastic work on the Silly Meter, and of course the result of the thousands of Toons out there having fun!
- Some elephant-brained Toons may recall the last year. This occurrence was no mere coincidence. In fact, the Silly Levels of the fittingly named Silly Street were higher than normal! This caused an incredibly silly reaction, a Fire Hydrant sprung to life!
- Needless to say, Toontown's entire scientific community was in a frenzy during that fateful week. However, the Silly Meter's completion has allowed us to harness the power of silliness and the potential of high Silly Levels. In simple terms: you may have noticed that Toontown has a few new citizens!
- That's right, the Fire Hydrants, Trash Cans, and Mailboxes of Toontown have all gained sentience and are coming to life! Who knows what knowledge mailboxes have gained after years of reading everybody's mail? Perhaps learning to communicate with them shall be my next scientific foray once things have calmed down. I'm sure Doctor Surlee would be interested as well.
- Anywho, apologies for that tangent. My point is, as the Silly Levels of Toontown rise, the more movement we'll see in these street-bound citizens. Who knows, perhaps they'll get up and start helping out in battles? Bah, that's far too wacky, even for high concentrations of silliness. I do predict, however, that Toons will receive movement boosts when running near them as the Silly Levels soar higher!
- Regardless, I'm back to Toon Hall to keep watch of the Silly Meter. There's still valuable data to be collected, and I don't want Doctor Dimm to be the one taking notes! I'll see you all another time with an update on the Silly Meter's levels.
Posted by Double Talker on March 10, 2019 at 11:30 AM
- Toons, let's step back for a moment. You might want to double think the whole Silly Meter fad. Ever since this so-called "Loony Labs" started talking about silliness, us Lawbots have been working double overtime just to analyze the codes that this device has been violating. It's time we step in to double down on silliness.
- I've done the research myself: Silly Particles are harmful to Toontown. I've seen the gravitational anomalies with my own four eyes. And this "Doctor Fissionton" duo? They might talk in double, but they're no match for the knowledge of this Double Talker.
- Besides that, the rise of silliness has become an immediate threat to Toons and Cogs alike. Fire hydrants, mailboxes, and trash cans have began fighting in the streets -- and without any sort of machinery to power them. It's dangerous, nonsensical, and downright disruptive to the order that this town desperately needs.
- I know some of you may be fond of this silliness, but when you look at the facts, I'm sure you'll agree with me. Trust me, I've studied this silliness myself -- and I'm not one to double cross.
- We'll be coming into Toontown to help you lower the Silly Levels back down to how they should be. Everything will go back to normal as long as you don't try to fight us back.
- Don't think of it as an "invasion," we think a better term is "friendly takeover."
Posted by Professor Purrview on March 12, 2019 at 4:15 PM
- Hi, Toons of Toontown! Professor Purrview here. I can't tell you how excited I am to be writing an OFFICIAL Loony Labs post! Now, as much as I’d love to talk about my claw-some job as a Scientoon, I’ve been sent to inform you about the silliest new addition to your wardrobe!
- You see, earlier today, Tammy the Tailor rushed into Toon Hall, hollering that her tools had started working on their own! Pins and needles sliding and sewing, bows and ribbons flying and tucking, and balls of yarn bouncing and spinning. I knew that the rising Silly Levels were the culprit. Tammy and I ran to her shop and watched her tools stitch together the most amazing shirt weave ever seen!
- Toons of the world, behold... The Silly Meter Start-Up Shirt! Handcrafted with the finest giggle-lots and chuckle threads, this shirt is the direct result of the first monumental silliness overload that the Silly Meter has experienced. More of these shirts will be whipped up by Tammy’s toolkit and given to Toons in celebration of the Silly Meter's first Silly Cycle!
- Simply use the code "MAX-THE-METER" on the Codes & Options page in your Shticker Book to have your very own shirt delivered straight to your mailbox. Make sure to hurry! According to our calculations, it doesn’t look like Tammy’s trinkets can toil for that much longer. Pins and needles get tired too, ya know. This shirt is an exclusive to celebrate the first Silly Cycle, and will be available until March 23rd at 11:59 PM.
- Toons, we're so close! The Silly Meter is almost filled to the top, and you won't want to miss the moment it occurs. Even us Scientoons can't predict all of the silliness that will happen... We can predict, however, that The Silly Meter should hit its peak by tomorrow! Don't worry about crowding Toon Hall when that happens, as almost every area in Toontown will have its own effects from the silliness.
- There's no time to dilly dally around! Zaptions and Quirks must be analyzed further, and now is the purrfect time to clock in some research hours while the Silly Meter is nearing its zany zenith. I’m gonna need to refill my milk bowl -- today’s silliness is just getting started.
Posted by The Fissiontons on March 13, 2019 at 6:30 AM
- There isn't much time left.
- Till the Silly Meter reaches its peak, that is.
- We are rapidly approaching a new era in Toontown's history!
- Once they find our Final Pieces, the Final Plan will be complete.
- If you have been living underneath Toontown Central's fountain, seven feet and six inches beneath the earth, searching for evidence of a butterfly infestation (we know you're out there) -- then you probably don't know that As we near this event, Doctor Fissionton and I figured that we should make up for lost time and tell you what we've learned throughout our adventures.
- What do you think they need to know most?
- What only we can tell them.
- I suppose we ought to start with what's most important, then.
- The greatest wisdom of our journeys?
- Hmm, if only there was enough time to tell them that recipe for a perfect pie.
- First thing's first: Things are not always what they appear to be. Just look at us! If you look at us one way, we are a blue dog. If you look at us another way, we are a red cat. What you see depends on your perspective.
- If you assume you are seeing things clearly, you won't look for additional perspectives, and will find it more difficult to solve problems. Sometimes, the solution to a problem is removing the very thing that you thought was integral, the supporting infrastructure under-girding everything you thought you knew about the situation.
- Here's the most important thing that all of Toontown needs to know, however: Work together. Never underestimate the power of collaboration. Moreso than a good joke, the cure for sadness is each other.
- Which will fill up your Laff Meter faster: Waiting in the Playground to cheer yourself up, or having a friend make you laugh with a great Toon-Up gag? It took us being split in two and hurled throughout time and space to understand the importance of depending on others... Don't make the same mistakes that Doctor Surlee has by taking on life alone.
- I imagine they're confused with us at this point.
- Granted, we've always had a flair for confusion.
- Soon, they'll know what this has all been for.
- You know, Fissionton, I just realized something.
- What's that?
- I believe we've finally realized .
- Perhaps, instead, who we are meant to be.
- I hope that they'll forgive us.
- I'm positive they will. Now, we better go get ready.
- Good luck, Toontown! Go on and send the Silly Meter through the roof and beyond. Unfortunately, we have something else to attend to now. We'll be cheering you on through each and every Silly Particle throughout all of time.
Posted by Professor Prepostera on March 13, 2019 at 8:30 PM
- Despite this evening's earlier malfunction... THE SILLY METER HAS FILLED UP! It's like nothing I've ever seen before! My Silly Reader went off the charts! These results just can't be correct... From my understanding, Silly Particles haven't just caused gravitational anomalies, but major atmospheric interference too!
- Dimm, pick yourself up off the floor! We must check for other funny fluctuations.
- From what I can see here, upon reaching maximum Silliness, the Silly Particles overwhelmed the Cog's ability to function -- causing them all to explode simultaneously! This is unprecedented. The possibilities we can unlock with the Silly Meter are far beyond our original predictions. Surlee, are you seeing this?
- ...Surlee? He didn't come back to see this moment? Come to think of it, where are Doctor Fissionton and Doctor Fissionton? I wouldn't expect them to have missed this. Bah! There's no time to look for them right now. Let's see the position of our three Silly teams.
- With a tremendous total of 13,551,901 Silly Points (not accounting for the negatives), it's time to congratulate our first ever winning Silly Team: Decreased Fish Rarity! That means for the next two days, all rare fish in Toontown will be easier to find. Several new docks have been added to each pond, too! If I didn't have so much work to do, I'd go out and start fishing myself.
- Once again Toontown, you've outdone yourselves. On behalf of Loony Labs, thank you to each and every one of you who helped us with this experiment. Don't forget, you can claim
for a limited time. Go out and enjoy your reward, and get ready for the next Silly Cycle!
- WAIT! There's one more thing. Doctor Fumbdound tells me that we've captured data from the moment that the Silly Meter maxed, so that we can run simulations of the event and allow other Toons to analyze it. The event will run in all areas of Toontown, not just Toon Hall!
- We'll be running the Silly Meter max event at the following times tomorrow for those who missed it. These are all in Toontown Time (PDT).
- 9:00 AM
- 12:00 PM
- 3:00 PM
- 6:00 PM
- 9:00 PM
Posted by Flippy on March 14, 2019 at 3:14 PM
- Toons of Toontown, happy Pie Day! Undoubtedly, this is one of my favorite days of the year. Who doesn’t like pies? Strictly speaking, it isn’t Pie day, but Pi day. But'cha know what? With all the Silliness going on around here, it could be any day!
- Whatever you decide to call it, one thing remains the same. I’ve got some freshly baked pies for you all in Toontown Central! Just walk up to my stand and I’ll give you some! In fact, this year I have extra pies to make sure we can all enjoy the fun. Just make sure not to throw them at me. Do you know how hard it is to bake more pies with pie on your gloves? It makes the bowl very slippery!
- Speaking of making more pies, my newly-built office is bigger than ever! It's fantastic that I can look out the window and see the rolling Toontown hills smiling back at me. I truly do appreciate the major remodel of Toon Hall, and the extra space has given me more room to do what I love best! What's that? Well, making pies of course! I do enjoy talking to all of the new Toons entering Toontown, but I'd be lying if I said that baking pies isn't amazing.
- Anyhow, enjoy the pies while they last! I'll be closing up my pie stand at Midnight Toontown Time (PDT), so get'cha free pies while you can! Let me tell you, making pies with all the Silly Meter Maxing anti-gravity has been a challenge. In fact, there's still two more simulations of the Silly Meter Maxing event at 6:00 PM and 9:00 PM Toontown Time (PDT)! I'll sleep well tonight with how tired I am!
- Once again, let’s let the pies fly this Pi day!
Posted by Back Stabber on March 15, 2019 at 2:00 PM
- Hello there, Toons. You might find it odd to see us out and about today, but it is the Ides of March, after all. It seems that the did not get the point across quite as well as we'd anticipated. Feh, you even allowed for that piercing Silly Meter to reach ! Don't you know that the Silly Levels are spiking to the highest levels seen?
- To that, I warn you of Loony Labs' true intentions: to backstab all of you while you aren't looking. I could never think of doing such a horrible thing. But look at those downright batty Scientists. We cannot stand for such sharp tactics. To further assist in taking down these "friends" at Loony Labs, us Backstabbers are paying Toontown a visit with yet another Mega-Invasion.
- Come now, why wouldn't you trust us? We're just here to ensure that Toontown remains as sharp as a tack. We'd never pull the wool over your eyes, honest. Don't make the same mistake you made with those Double Talkers, simply let us do our work and Toontown will be back to the way it once was.
Posted by Eugene on March 17, 2019 at 2:30 PM
- Top of the mornin’ to ya, laddies! Have ya heard the news? What news!? Are ya tellin’ me ya have no idea about the Leprecog? Yes, yes, the Leprecog. A wee little Cog that comes around evr’y Saint Patty’s Day and gobbles up all the beans it can find. Dastardly lil' fellow he is. Leavin’ no beans for the rest of us. I’ve heard that he scurries through our very streets, ready to pounce on us helpless Toons and steal our beans! Egads, it gives me the shivers.
- Luckily, ya know me - good ol’ Eugene the Irishtoon! My green gloves, dyed with all-natural green jellybeans, will sure make that Leprecog skedaddle. Whaddya mean my gloves aren't green? Oh- blast it! Ye didn't see anything, I tell ya. Anywho, back to the conversation at hand. One pair of green gloves for every Toon should do the trick. Because the Leprecog hates the sight of a bean put through the wringer. Hmm... yes. It dislikes that very much. That sounds good. Good Job, Eugene. Smart move. Don’t ya go lookin’ this up in the library! I’ve already done all the studying for ya. Lepre...cog...ology is a serious practice. Hehe.
- Oh, where was I? Ah! So stop by me ol' shop, Green Bean Jeans in Daisy Gardens! Don’t let the Lepre... umm... what'd I call the thing... come on, use yer noggin’... AHA! THE LEPRECOG!
- Ahem. Don’t let the Leprecog ruin your Saint Patty’s Day this year and let me dye your gloves a shiny green hue. I need yer business for me shop, after all. I MEAN... I need yer... citrus... for me... cough. Eck Agh Bleh. That's right. Grab yerself a pair of shiny green gloves, Toons! Remember, these limited time special gloves'll be available until March 21 at 11:59 PM Toontown Time (PDT)! They also conveniently disappear from yer gloves at that time as well. I oughta be increasing the quality of my Green Beans one o' these days, maybe they'd last a wee bit longer. Once the gloves are gone, I suspect my cough'll be clearin' up. Hachoo! Ah! Sick noise. All you gotta do is walk up ta' me and say "It's Easy to be Green!" from yer Handy-Dandy SpeedChat menu. Now make like a Leprecog and skedaddle on over here, before I run outta Green Jellybeans!
Posted by The Toontown Team on March 22, 2019 at 3:30 PM
- Silliness is on the rise all throughout the Toontown Community -- and so is the blood pressure of our staff members! It can only be one thing… Today, we're formally announcing that the Fifth Anniversary of ToonFest will be hosted from August 1-4 at the most Toontastic location we've ever visited: ReplayFX 2019 in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania!
- Check out our announcement video to see footage of last year's event, and read on to learn how we're making the fifth anniversary our best ToonFest yet!
- What is it?
- Once again, we’re bringing the boatloads of real world Toontown fun for all ages to a can’t-miss celebration where you can hang out with fellow Toons, meet the The Toontown Team, participate in activities like our annual pie toss, and more! We're kicking things into high gear for our fifth anniversary, and we'll tell you more about that in the coming months leading up to the event.
- Running an event like this for five years running is no small feat, and the only one to thank is YOU! Whether you've attended ToonFest in person or watched online from home: You’re the reason that we spend countless hours making sure that ToonFest becomes bigger and better every year.
- Where is it?
- This year's ToonFest is being hosted for the third year in a row at ReplayFX 2019, which is in the David L. Lawrence Convention Center in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The event starts on Thursday, August 1st and will end on Sunday, August 4th.
- We know that some Toons may be disappointed that we're returning to Pittsburgh instead of expanding to a different area. Our team spent a long time considering several other places, but at the end of the day, our goal is to pick the location which we know will provide the BEST Toontown event ever. Above all, coming back to ReplayFX allows for us to focus less on logistics and more on fun!
- If you're unable to make it to the event, we have a few tricks up our sleeve that we'll talk about in the future to make sure you can enjoy it from home.
- Want to Know More?
- If you’re feeling "TOON ENOUGH" for the task, check our , which has all the information you need to learn more about the event and plan your trip. We’re really excited to spend a weekend with Toontown fans from around the world, and like always, we’re here to make this a highlight of your summer vacation!
- Don’t take a breather just yet, though! ReplayFX is a very popular convention, and tickets and hotels may sell out quickly. That’s why the best time to is right now!
- Our behind-the-scenes and announcement blog posts will continue, so keep your eyes glued to the Toontown Blog for more information along as we get ever closer to August 1st. There’s only 132 more days to go!
Posted by The Toontown Team on August 19, 2019 at 2:00 PM
- ToonFest may have only ended a little less than a month ago -- but we're not done talking about Sellbot Field Offices just yet! On the Main Event panel, we went in-depth about what we want the brand new endgame content for Toontown to be, and what we want YOUR feedback on.
- Going forward, we plan to place a major focus on more Backstage Toontown content, starting with the development of Sellbot Field Offices. Being more transparent with Toontown's players is very important, and we want YOU to be a part of the development process. During the Q&A panel at ToonFest, we answered countless questions about the development of Field Offices and Toontown itself -- but there's way more to talk about than we could have fit into two whole panels. Because of that, this week will be filled with Backstage Toontown content related to Sellbot Field Offices!
- The Toontown Blog is dedicating this week to Sellbot Field Offices. To keep things simple, the posts will be released on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. To start off, we'll be going over everything you may have missed from the convention!
- To preface this post, everything written here is subject to change. We're conducting loads of internal playtests -- not to mention listening to the community's feedback! Don't be surprised if a feature outlined here is majorly reworked or outright scrapped when Sellbot Field Offices hit the streets. Above all, our goal is to deliver on the most fun and challenging experience possible!
- To start our series of Backstage Toontown posts, we'll be giving a quick rundown on the overall mechanics of Sellbot Field Offices. As we release more posts, we'll go more in-depth with the individual pieces.
- What are Sellbot Field Offices?
- These highly anticipated 'boss buildings' bring a new difficulty level to Toontown. They're more than just any standard Cog Building -- they bring the luxuries of a Cog HQ into the field. That means that entering a Field Office is much like entering a Cog HQ -- you're on their turf. Sellbot Field Offices enter Toontown by taking over a Toon HQ, the safe zone of a dangerous street.
- Sellbot Field Offices are unique in that they aren't defeated after just one run. Every run takes Toons through a Field Office Annex, a single wing of the entire building. Each Annex acts as a health point for the entire Field Office. To take it down, multiple groups of Toons will need to take down every Annex!
- In each Sellbot Field Office Annex, there are two mini-games which need to be completed to continue. These are the Cold Caller Ice Game and the Mover & Shaker Maze Game. In the Mover & Shaker Maze Game, your goal is to defeat the boss Cogs with water balloons while collecting as many jokes from the smaller Cogs as you can. Toons who played Toontown Online during the later years may remember the Mover & Shaker Maze Game -- but this time around it comes at a much higher difficulty. Unlike the original monstrosity, the modern Mover & Shaker maze game can get quite frantic!
- The Cold Caller Ice Game is an entirely new mini-game developed by the Toontown Rewritten Team. For the sake of keeping this Backstage post from growing any more, we've decided to split info about the Ice Game off into a separate post -- so check back soon to get the full scoop on that! The Ice Game is something we're really proud of and can't wait to show you.
- As briefly mentioned at last year's ToonFest, there's also a brand-new Boss Cog at the top of every Field Office Annex. The boss will re-define the rules of a Cog battle and challenge even the oldest of Toontown veterans -- but it's not ready to show off quite yet. In a future Field Office development update, we'll have more details to share.
- As stated before, completing all of that only defeats a single Field Office Annex. That means that a Field Office needs multiple groups to battle it before it can be conquered! This requires massive teamwork, all in the spirit of Toontown. This also means that Field Offices will generally stay around for a while before they're defeated.
- Let's reel ourselves back in, that's a lot of information to process! However, there's so much more to Sellbot Field Offices that we'll be discussing in Backstage posts coming soon. Above all, we want to hear YOUR feedback on what we're doing with Sellbot Field Offices. The best way to deliver that feedback is to send an email to -- they'll get your feedback along to the developers as fast as possible! While we can't respond to every single piece of feedback, we do read all of them. With your help, Sellbot Field Offices will be the best update we've ever created!
- As briefly discussed at ToonFest at ReplayFX 2019, we plan to expand Toontown Backstage into livestreams on our YouTube and Twitch channels. We've also got plans to post work in progress Field Office news on our other social media pages in the coming months -- so be sure to check that out as well!
- We hope you're just as excited as we are about Sellbot Field Offices and Backstage Toontown, and we can't wait to share even more information with you. Expect another two Backstage Toontown Blog Posts very soon detailing the rest of Sellbot Field Offices in-depth -- just keep your eyes peeled on the Toontown Blog and follow us on Social Media so you don't miss it!
Posted by The Toontown Team on August 20, 2019 at 2:00 PM
- Six years ago, the Toontown community heard the worst news possible: Disney's Toontown Online was closing. Toontown's community was still a large one -- yet the game they cherished was being taken away forever. Many of us lost what felt like a part of ourselves that day, as we said goodbye to our Toons forever. On September 19th, 2013, people sent their final sendoffs as their favorite online game closed…
- But something else happened. An announcement was sent out on MMO Central Forums about a project called Toontown Rewritten -- and here we are today, getting ready to celebrate our Six Year Anniversary on September 19th with ToonFest 2019!
- September 19th is no longer a time of mourning: it’s a time of celebration! Five years ago, we left behind our limited Closed Beta and our good friend, the PlayLine. Suddenly, thousands of Toons flooded back into Toontown, this time entirely for FREE! As they say, the rest is history. Today, we celebrate the tradition of ToonFest to remember how lucky we are to still have Toontown!
- We recently wrapped up our 5th in-person celebration called , but ToonFest is worth more than just a weekend. On September 19, 2019, we will begin Toontown Rewritten's sixth anniversary celebration with the in-game ToonFest event!
- What is ToonFest?
- ToonFest, named after Disney's real-life Toontown event that took place in 2006 and 2007, is the annual celebration of all things Toontown! From slapstick to silliness, it has a bit of everything. It's time to take a break from the Cog battles, make some new friends, and play some fun games while we think about how far we've come.
- This in-game event is not to be confused with the real-world "ToonFest at ReplayFX" event, which happened earlier this month. It's a little confusing -- just roll with it!
- What happens during ToonFest?
- On September 19th, the official in-game ToonFest celebration kicks off with a series of blog posts by our very own Riggy Marole to keep you entertained and in the Toontown spirit. Here's a little synopsis of everything that the celebration has to offer:
- • Over in Acorn Acres, you can enter the ToonFest Event Grounds to join the fun.
- • Enter the silliest area in Toontown with a giant Merry-go-Round, (Jelly) Bean Bags, and plenty of activities to keep you occupied while chatting up with friends.
- • A grand fireworks spectacular lights up the sky every three hours with a nostalgic Toontown melody, and if you come a bit early you'll be able to catch the sunset!
- • Earn "ToonFest Tokens" to buy special items, accessories, and even a unique Toon color -- only available once per year!
- • Meet the fleet of Token Takers, noted by their world-famous mustaches. You can’t miss them!
- • Stop by and talk to Riggy Marole, the wackiest rabbit in town who acts as the emcee extraordinaire of ToonFest!
- • Work together to dunk Cleff, everyone’s favorite duck from Minnie's Melodyland, in the Duck Tank! The more you dunk the duck, the more prizes you earn!
- What is there to celebrate?
- Toontown was supposed to close six years ago, yet it's still alive and well today! With thousands of daily active players and lots of new content in the works, the Toontown community has proven that this is a game worth keeping.
- Every September we take time to "Rewrite" the past with this event. What used to be the saddest day in Toontown's history now marks the beginning of Toontown's greatest celebration. Instead of a loss, we can remember a revival!
- Of course, the Toontown Rewritten team also has many new things in the works. After all, we've just began our series of Backstage Toontown Blog Posts about Sellbot Field Offices! Sellbot Field Offices are the single largest project we've ever worked on, but we've got plenty of other smaller projects in the works.
- We hope that you're excited to celebrate ToonFest with us, and we thank you all so much for helping us make Toontown what it is today! Now that you've gotten to question us, we have one more for you:
- Are YOU Toon Enough?
Posted by The Toontown Team on August 21, 2019 at 2:00 PM
- Welcome to the second part of our Backstage Toontown series on the development of Sellbot Field Offices. Today, we'll be talking about two features that are far earlier in development than everything else we'll be showing you. The upside to this is that we can implement player feedback far more easily, and involve YOU with the development process more closely.
- The two features we're showing today are both rewards that Toons will receive for fighting back against the Sellbot Field Offices. Why are there two unique rewards related to Sellbot Field Offices? Read on to learn more.
- Once again, everything written here is subject to change. We're conducting loads of internal playtests -- not to mention listening to the community's feedback! Don't be surprised if a feature outlined here is majorly reworked or outright scrapped when Sellbot Field Offices hit the streets. Above all, our goal is to deliver on the most fun and challenging experience possible!
- What do I Win?
- Many have heard that there's more Laff points coming soon, and we want to integrate it with release of Sellbot Field Offices. After completing your Bossbot disguise, you'll get a brand-new Storyline ToonTask from Toon HQ! The Toon Resistance have heard about your Cog-busting ability -- and they need YOU to help their cause. It only took 100 or so Laff points for them to recognize your skills, after all.
- Through the secret channels of the Rangers, you'll be given a rank in the Sellbot Division of the Toon Resistance's operations. You'll still need to prove yourself by defeating Field Offices and increasing your Resistance Rank, but eventually you'll gain access to the most secret of hideouts that the Toon Resistance has to offer. Where might this hideout be? In enemy territory, of course.
- For years, there have been unassuming manholes in the main area of all four Cog HQs. With the release of Sellbot Field Offices, you'll be able to explore what's under Sellbot HQ -- the Sellbot Sewers. The Toon Resistance has secretly set up shop down there, ready to take down the Cog threat from right under their noses. It's the perfect plan, right?
- Once you gain access, you'll be able to take on special Toon Resistance ToonTasks to help the cause. Right now, this feature is still in the conceptual stage. Because this feature is in such an early state, we want as much feedback on it as possible. What do YOU think the Sellbot Sewers should be? We've done many sketches and tossed around tons of ideas, but the area is in an early enough state that we can really go anywhere with it. The Resistance Hideout is going to be one of the most exclusive areas in Toontown history, so we want it to be the best it can be!
- Introducing the Cog Remote Control
- New ToonTasks aren't the only reward from the Sellbot Field Offices -- There's a very special reward for completing each Annex. Introducing: the Cog Remote Control! Unlike past boss rewards, the Remote Control has a unique twist. Instead of relying on random chance, player input will be required to make it as effective as possible. A small micro-game will play out, and upon a successful game a single Cog will be taken by the remote. But what can controlled Cogs do? We've got some ideas below:
- 1. Give Toons a Toon-Up by telling a joke.
- 2. Perform a Cog-ified dance, stunning other Cogs in the battle.
- 3. Interfere with the other Cogs, causing damage to every Cog in the battle.
- 4. Any of YOUR ideas!
- The main mechanic we want to play with using the Cog Remote Control is the idea of increasing the importance of keeping a Cog alive. If you intentionally keep one Cog under control, it can make the battle against the other three that much easier! As with the Resistance Hideout, the Cog Remote Control is a very early concept. Once again, we would love to hear your feedback.
- Once again, we want to hear YOUR feedback on what we're doing with Sellbot Field Offices. The best way to deliver that feedback is to send an email to -- they'll get your feedback along to the developers as fast as possible! While we can't respond to every single piece of feedback, we do read all of them. With your help, Sellbot Field Offices will be the best update we've ever created!
- We hope you're just as excited as we are about Sellbot Field Offices and Backstage Toontown, and we can't wait to share even more information with you. One more Sellbot Field Offices related post is coming to Backstage Toontown on Friday -- and we're ending this week with a blizzard. Keep your eyes peeled on the Toontown Blog and follow us on Social Media so you don't miss it!
Posted by The Toontown Team on August 23, 2019 at 3:30 PM
- Welcome to the third and final Backstage Post this week for Sellbot Field Offices! Today, we'll be talking about the all new mini-game, the Cold Caller Office. Much like Mover & Shakers, Cold Callers are finally having a place to call home. As seen by their name and Ice Blue faces, Cold Callers like it to be very cold in the workplace.
- Once again, everything written here is subject to change. We're conducting loads of internal playtests -- not to mention listening to the community's feedback! Don't be surprised if a feature outlined here is majorly reworked or outright scrapped when Sellbot Field Offices hit the streets. Above all, our goal is to deliver on the most fun and challenging experience possible!
- What is the Cold Caller Office?
- The Cold Caller Office is an entirely new mini-game built from the ground up by the Toontown Rewritten development team! Cold Callers, doing what they do best, are trying to Cold Call as many unsuspecting phones as they can. Nobody likes getting Cold Called, even in Cog Nation. We Toons, of course, will have none of that. You and your friends can skate around the office space, cause mayhem, and turn up the heat! Of course, you'll need to heat up the room if you want to escape with your Laff points. The elevator is frozen over, and it's the only way to the next floor!
- Each Cold Caller Office is equipped with multiple thermostats -- just skate by them to adjust the temperature. Once enough thermostats have been activated by Toons, the elevator will unfreeze and you'll be free to get out of there. That said, you won't be without opposition! Watch out, as the Cold Callers will be constantly resetting the thermostats around the room, hindering your progress. They can't Cold Call without the cold, of course.
- Our main focus with the Cold Caller Office is to create a skill-based game where you can build up speed as you improve at dodging obstacles. The Cold Caller Offices are still in deep development, but we do have some images to show you from our super-secret internal testing. Check them out below!
- Matching the Original Vision
- Many may not know this -- but the Cold Caller Office is not a new concept. Toontown Online's original developers had far grander plans for Field Offices, referred to as Cogdominiums internally at the time. Field Offices were at one point intended to feature unique offices for many types of Cogs! Some of you may know of the unreleased Legal Eagle Office from Toontown Online -- which was unfortunately one idea that was nearing completion but went unreleased due to budget cuts. Despite this, unused content remains discover-able on the internet to this day, mostly through portfolios and similar websites. This gives us the unique opportunity to fulfill the original vision of Toontown Online's developers -- finishing what they started nearly a decade ago.
- When we decided to overhaul Field Offices entirely, we knew that realizing the original vision was of utmost importance. As it turns out, there was a fantastic piece of Cold Caller Office conceptual art uploaded to the internet -- the perfect reference. Using this image as a guide, we began work on our own ideas to enhance the base idea while also remaining faithful to what we believe Disney's developers originally intended. Keeping our new content to the quality that was seen under Disney is extremely important -- which is also why it takes so long for us to release new content to the game.
- Paving the Way Forward
- Sticking to the original developers' intentions hasn't held us back from adding new ideas of our own, though. In many cases, we'll have an idea for a new idea that has no prior references from Toontown Online. As seen in the accompanying images, we've done new content ranging from icy re-textures of existing props to all-new GUI elements designed for the Cold Caller Office. Each detail may seem small, but when placed together they add up into a truly... cold experience. We really wanted to sell off the idea of a Cold Caller's office, and we think we're on the right track!
- Once again, we want to hear YOUR feedback on what we're doing with Sellbot Field Offices. The best way to deliver that feedback is to send an email to -- they'll get your feedback along to the developers as fast as possible! While we can't respond to every single piece of feedback, we do read all of them. With your help, Sellbot Field Offices will be the best update we've ever created!
- With that, we've finished our three-part series on Sellbot Field Offices for this week. That doesn't mean we're done though! We're committed to communicating to the players about what we're working on more often. Look out for #BackstageToontown on Twitter -- where our artists will post their progress from time to time! As usual, you should also keep your eyes peeled on the Toontown Blog and follow us on Social Media so you don't miss any of the latest news.
Posted by Hysterical Harry on August 26, 2019 at 2:00 PM
- Help!!! Help!!! Can't somebody help me pass on my real, proven theories? I'm telling you, there's more than meets the eye going around here in Toontown. QUICK, LOOK UP IN THE SKY!!! Don't you see it? It's that big, ginormous CLOUD!!!!
- Don't look at me like I'm insane. I'm only hysterical! Don't you see those Cogs peering through the window? No? You're not one of them, are you? Feh, you seem Toon Enough to me.
- The point I'm trying to make is simple -- the Toon Council is clearly trying to cover something up with this cloud on the Map!!! Just look at my pin board: Everything is connected, the pieces are coming together!!!
- The Toon Council says that they'll be building a new Playground under the cloud one day, but I don't buy it for a moment. Just look at those original blueprints for the town that I saved from the Toon Hall's dumpster!!! So crisp, so clean, so different.
- All of these dots connect!!! There never was a cloud to begin with; it was all a ruse. Under the cloud? It's a Cog Farm, of course!!! That's where the Cogs are being made, right next to the taco plants. You haven't seen anywhere else that Cogs might come from, have you? No, no, don't tell me about those silly Cog Headquarters conspiracy theories. If that were real, Judge McIntosh wouldn't keep sending Toons to look for it!
- The worst part is that the Toon Council is already onto my suspicions. Soon, there will be new, high quality Toontown maps in every Shticker Book!!! But what you didn't realize is that these new maps are rigged. Rigged I tell you, rigged!!! All this extra detail, and yet there's nothing about what's behind that cloud. Coincidence? I think not!!!
- Wait, where are you going? You better not be calling Doctor Pulyurleg like the rest of them. I am a perfectly sane individual!!!
- P.S. - Toontown is full of conspiracies!!! Use these images to find your own and tag me with #HystericalHarry. See, I'm not the only hysterical one!!!
Posted by The Toontown Team on September 18, 2019 at 5:00 PM
- Tomorrow's the day you've all been waiting for, where Riggy Marole removes the Acorn Acres roadblock and opens up the ToonFest Grounds! This month-long festival of all things wacky celebrates the birth of Toontown Rewritten, a project which started way back in 2013. It's hard to believe that we've been going strong for six whole years. It wouldn't be a celebration without a few bugfixes and tweaks though, right? Right? In light of this, please put your gloves together for our Tweaks and Tidbits Update
- Make sure to check out the Release Notes at the bottom of this blog post for a comprehensive list of what this update includes. Let's take a look at some of our favorite parts though.
- To start, Toon HQ has printed out a high-quality map of Toontown! It's no secret that Toontown's map has been blurry since the start -- especially on today's high resolution displays. If you open up your Shticker Book, you'll see a beautiful new representation of our home, Toontown. Although some may have a about the idea of a new map, these new maps are fully accurate to the originals.
- Ever had a SpeedChat phrase that you wanted to think about? Just right-click on a SpeedChat Phrase and you'll think away! Much like a SpeedChat+ thoughts, it won't go away until you say something else or change areas.
- There's an unspoken rule among those who fight the C.E.O. -- don't send more than one Toon to golf. For years, there's been a bug that causes Golf Balls to cancel each other out -- making golfing more difficult with more Toons. Today, we're finally laying this issue to rest. You can safely put Toons on all available Golfing spots -- allowing you to quickly slow down the C.E.O.! On that note, we want YOUR feedback on the difficulty of the C.E.O. Boss Battle. Making this change could make the battle easier... or more difficult to coordinate what Toon goes where. Once you've had a chance to do the battle a few times, please let us know what you think by emailing !
- Continuing with the theme of tweaks, check out the Album in your Shticker Book's fishing page. Finally, you'll be able to keep track of your individual weight records for every fish in Toontown. Compete with your friends to see who can catch the biggest fish in the pond!
- Have you ever tried to use your closet, just to get stopped by a Big Head -- or perhaps an entirely invisible Toon! To address this, we've updated the closet to act like the Accessory Trunk -- temporarily hiding all cheesy effects while in use. This is a small but widely requested tweak, so we're happy to have it done.
- Last but certainly not least, we've made hundreds of changes to the SpeedChat+ Dictionary to create a better chatting experience in Toontown. If you have any more suggestions for SpeedChat+ changes, please keep them coming! Once again, you can contact us with suggestions by emailing
- We'd like to extend a huge thank you to everyone who has supported us over the years. Whether you're the newest Toon in town, or a veteran like Lil Oldman, we wouldn't be here without you. Be sure to jump in-game between September 19th and October 20th to help us celebrate everything Toontown! There may even be a tidbit or two new for ToonFest as well... what has Riggy been up to?
Posted by The Toontown Team on September 19, 2019 at 12:00 PM
- Do you remember what happened six years ago today? For those unaware, Toontown Online closed its doors forever on September 19, 2013. For everyone at the time, this felt like the end. Over a decade of Toons, gone in an instant. If you can hardly remember that day, that means we've been successful.
- For the past six years, we've turned September 19th from a day of sadness to a day of PARTYING! Moments after Toontown Online closed its doors, Toontown Rewritten was officially announced. As they say, the rest is history!
- Six years is an incredible amount of time. It's a shame, but Toontown could have disappeared in an instant all those years ago. The fact that it has thousands of active players every month, a real-life convention, and a constantly evolving lore is absolutely insane! And yet, we're all still here, enjoying Toontown.
- That's why we're inviting you to jump into Toontown between now and October 20th to party with us in celebration of Toontown Rewritten's sixth anniversary. Today marks the beginning of our annual in-game event, ToonFest 2019!
- To enter ToonFest, head over to the special event area in Chip and Dale's Acorn Acres or click on the red ToonFest teleport button on the top right of your screen. Here's just a few of the things to expect during this year's event:
- Meet Riggy Marole
- If you haven't met Riggy Marole yet, you're in for a treat. He's the one and only host of ToonFest, and calling him absolutely bonkers would be an understatement. As always, he'll be strolling around ToonFest talking to Toons and generally being a bit of a rascally rabbit. Plus, if you stick around the Toontown Blog you might just catch him causing some mayhem. Who knows what he'll do next? We sure don't.
- Earn Exclusive Prizes
- One of the most exciting parts of ToonFest are glamorous Token Takers, located within the ToonFest tower and at pop-up booths around the area! These Token Takers will sell you all sorts of exclusive items, from limited time accessories to portable pies to experience multipliers! No matter what kind of Toon you are, we've got a bunch of prizes in store for you. Earn ToonFest tokens by playing minigames in the area, then head on over to the ToonFest tower to redeem them.
- Pink is the new Blue
- As always, ToonFest is more than just one weekend. We'll be partying all day and all night for the next month -- and we'll definitely need some new style to mix things up this year. ToonFest Blue has been a staple of ToonFest for years -- but it's clear that ToonFest needs a little more... pink. That's right, some keen-eyed Toons may have noticed it in the Clothing Shops last night, but ToonFest Pink is here! For just 300 ToonFest Tokens, you too can hop on the latest ToonFest fashion trend. But that's not all -- we're also introducing the exclusive Rigmarole Nametag for 500 ToonFest Tokens! Named after ToonFest's zany host, Rigmarole is the perfect way to celebrate ToonFest even after the event is over.
- As always, ToonFest is now available to play by visiting the special event area in Chip and Dale's Acorn Acres, or by clicking the red ToonFest teleport button located at the top right of your screen. Go enjoy the fun before it's gone!
- Thank you all so much for SIX YEARS of Toontown Rewritten! We truly couldn't be here without all of you.
- You ARE Toon Enough!
Posted by Riggy Marole on October 1, 2019 at 3:00 PM
- Good Afta-noon, Toontown! As this is my first post o' the season, I think some proper introducin' is in order. Me? The name's Rigmund Q. Marole, the esteemed gentletoon of these Winding Woods. BAHAHA, just messin' with ya. Call me Riggy Marole -- and don'tcha ever forget it! To letcha' in on a bit of a secret: I'm in a bit of a pickle at the moment...
- The letter "F" has fallen off of the
- The Toon-est Tower's been in tip-top shape for years now, but maintenance-in' the top ain't so easy, y'see? To letcha' in on a little secret, back when we built the Toon-est Tower years ago, the Toon Council's safety standards weren't as thorough as they are now.
- When I was makin' the iconic sign, I used only the finest Blue Glue from Sticky Lou! It's not like dere's many other options for glue in Toontown. Aside from lure, if some Toons are to be believed. HAH!
- Afta' many years o' cats and dogs falling on the sign (and a bit o' rain, too), the Blue Glue on the Toon-est Sign began ta' loosen. I can't even find the ol' letter F, even after walkin' around in circles hundreds of times. If ya see it 'round here, be sure to snap a photo with it and pay ya respects with #ToonFest on the socials. I bet that Blue Tweeter Bird would enjoy it.
- I'll admit, Toon-est don't got the same ring to it. I was cooking up what the bears like to call a "hare-brained scheme" when it hit me: Let's just rename the whole event! We's gotta break the bank anyhow for a shiny new sign, so let's go BIG! Plus, Toons always get confused when I say "ToonFest" and end up at an event in Pencil-vania somehow. Confusion, no more!
- You heard it straight from ol' Riggy: ToonFest is getting a brand new name next year, and I need YOUR help picking it!
- I've scribbled up a few ideas, but this event isn't about me -- it's about Toontown! Who's better to pick the new name than none other than the Toons o' the town? From now until October 18th, you can vote in the poll below to pick YOUR favorite new name for the event.
- NOTE: It turns out the blog post poll is currently broken. While the Toon Troopers fix 'er up, you can vote for the new name on the !
- So, whaddya pick? It better have been my favorite, or else! HAH, just kidding. Probably.
- Shortly afta' ToonFest comes to a close for the last time this year, I'll be announcin' the brand new title of next year's event. This is ToonFest's grand finale year, but don'tcha be glum! Next year, the event will be back with refurbisherments to celebrate the new name and the many years to look forward to in Toontown's future!
- Remember, you'se got until October 18th at 11:59PM Toontown Time (PST) to cast ya votes. Now, let's get out there and have more fun than ever before to give ToonFest the celebratory send-off it deserves! If you spot that letter F anywhere, you know where ta' find me.
Posted by Samantha Spade on October 8, 2019 at 3:30 PM
- It's me again, Samantha Spade. Toontown's finest detective, if I do say so myself. If we haven't met, I do apologize -- I've been up to here with investigations and mysteries as of late. Regardless, I've got news. BIG news. Roughly the size of the Toon-est Tower, to be precise. Something missing, you say? Precisely. The Toon-est Tower lost the iconic letter "F" this week, and the town is quite abuzz. Things just aren't quite the same around these woodlands.
- This case was once on the back burner for me, but I quickly realized what little time I have left for investigations. After all, Toon-est is half-way to closing until next year. If I was to get investigations done... it needed to be now.
- Sticky Lou's Blue Glue is blamed for letting this sign fall to pieces, but I don't buy it one bit. You might say "Yes, but Riggy said..." -- allow me to stop you right there. Riggy is quite batty, and that is well known. Although he is very passionate about the celebration, I often find he's quite oblivious to his surroundings. Have you ever seen him not walking in circles around Toon-est? He struggled to even find the missing letter! Rest assured -- I'm on the case. I will leave no stone unturned. Not even Toon-est's signature mountains.
- Overnight, the glue mysteriously came loose after exactly six years. Why only the F? If this glue truly were decaying, would other letters not have fallen? I don't buy it. Look at the facts: It was only just a few days ago Riggy announced the F was missing. Indeed, it may not have been on the tower but Toons found it laying by a tree as quick as a Rabbit I met on my last case, "The Case of the Curious Carrots". Now that's a case file I won't forget.
- To clear my mind, I decided to take a long walk and ponder. Suddenly, I found myself in Toon Hall, standing directly in front of a peculiar duck -- Doctor Dimm. He had quite the strange idea, one involving Cog interference in the air. Professor Flake had mentioned it to him last week, and he couldn't help but tell me all about it. I couldn't help but notice his peculiar hat, but this was complete nonsense.
- So what does it all mean? Quite frankly, this case may just remain unsolved. Doctor Dimm's idea of Cog interference causing the glue to loosen may have merit -- but I have my doubts. Perhaps Riggy was right after all, and I was foolish to doubt him. Regardless, I do have one more case to solve -- "The Case of Toon-est's New Name"! I would have preferred a more... mysterious choice of names. But, the three options provided will be plenty. If you've yet to solve this mystery yourself, there's still time to vote!
- That's all for now, everyone. Be sure to swing by my Detective Agency to say hello -- I'm always up for a new case. Until next time.
Posted by Riggy Marole on October 14, 2019 at 2:00 PM
- Hmm... now whatsit called again? Green Keen Teens? Green Mean Queens? Green Clean Screens? I don't s'pose it's not green? Bah, that don't make sense. Hmm, I's gotta know for sure his store's in Daisy Gardens. Or was it the Brrrgh? Come on, Riggy! Use dat genius head o' yours!
- Ah, it musta' been Ed's Red Bedspreads. Wait, why would I be needin' a bedspread?
- Ack, how long has this thing been on? Sorry bout' that, Toons. I’s been buried in thought dese past few days. Afta' all, we did lose the Toon-est sign's letter F. I can hardly bring myself to say the name of my old pal. If ya haven't yet... please do your best to be votin' on the new name of Toon-est for next year. I'd really appreciate any help I can get in these tryin' times. I's gotta pull myself together, though -- the show must go on!
- Without further ado, I's got a special announcement for you all! Just like we do every year, from now until October 20th at midnight Toontown Time (PST) we’ll be launchin' dozens o' colorful fireworks into the air every three hours! Whether you're snoozin' in the Dreamland or pickin' flowers in Daisy Gardens, you won't miss Toon-est's farewell extravaganza! AH! Daisy Gardens!
- You all know's about Eugene, right? The Irishtoon that specializes in turning things green using specially Green Jellybeans? He really excels on Saint Patty’s Day! He delivers green fireworks every year, but I ain’t seen that duck at all. I wanted to pick the fireworks up myself, but I can’t seem to remember the name of his shop. Green Lean Spleens? Hm, maybe.
- As usual, I's also got another announcement! From now until October 20th at midnight Toontown Time (PST), Toons will get double the Toon-est Tokens! Maybe Eugene will run on over to the Toon-est Grounds once he hears about dat deal. First the fallen F, and now the missing Green Fireworks. Golly, I really need to step up my game. Now, where was I? Ah yes, lost in thought.
- Yeah, I felt you tap me on the shoulder. Ah, howsit' goin' Eugene. I’m a tad occupied right now. Could we maybe talk later? Hm? What? You slipped and spilled green dye everywhere in the ol' shop? That's quite the shame. Hey pal, I really need ta' focus here. I need to get my hands on some green fireworks. Ah, you'se got some fireworks? Yeah, just put ‘em here or there or anywhere really, I don’t know. Eugene, please! I need to remember the name of this one shop. Green Bean Jeans? Nah, I don’t think that's it.