Posted by Franz Neckvein on January 16, 2019 at 2:30 PM
- I said zat , and here I am! We're halfway zere, Toons. Ze Winter Laff-o-Lympics end in just sixteen more days on February 1st, 2019 at 11:59 PM Toontown Time! But zat is of no concern. After all, zere are hundreds, if not thousands of new Toons entering Toontown every day! I can see ze Cogs quaking in zere' boots, seeing all of ze new Toons growing stronger every day.
- Now is no time for talk, no, now is time for pep talk! After all, you all want to know how each of ze teams is doing, ja? Between ze delicious Team Milk & Cookies and ze toasty Team Hot Cocoa, who knows which vill win? I don't know these things, but I do know who's in ze lead so far!
- How many Toons have joined each team? Let's see what ze Loony Labs' Loonix computer tells us.
- Holy smokes! Zere are 10,615 Toons on Team Milk & Cookies, and 13,828 Toons on Team Hot Cocoa! I bite my tounge from what I said before, zere have been nearly 25,000 Toons participating in ze Winter Laff-o-Lympics! Not only zat, but there is a nearly 40/60 split between each of ze teams.
- But ze Toons on each team doesn't decide ze victor. Right now, it looks like Team Hot Cocoa is in the lead! Toons on Team Hot Cocoa have earned more Laff Points in total than ze total Laff earned by Team Milk & Cookies! But ze race is not over yet, ja? There's still plenty of time for either team to pull ahead for ze win.
- I vill see everyone after ze Laff-o-Lympics ends, and only zen will I bring ze final results! If you still haven't begun, zere's still plenty of time to participate in ze Winter Laff-o-Lympics. Now get out zere and train your mopey muscles!
Posted by Franz Neckvein on January 25, 2019 at 2:00 PM
- Come here, itty bitty Cogs! I've got ze finest Trap Gags in all of Toontown, just vaiting for you! Look into ze Hypno Goggle eyes, and fall into ze trapdoor! Bahahahaha! I tell you, zese Cogs fall for my traps every time! Even if zey can't take ze jokes, zey sure are happy to fall for zem!
- In fact, let's do ze teensy test, Toons. Vhat would happen if I kept ze Hypno Goggles on all weekend? Ze Cogs vill keep coming, and I can keep trapping zem! Ze only limit is how many Trap Gags I can carry. In fact, I think I can keep zis' up forever. Say hello to my little friends, Cogs!
- I vill destroy, all of... ze Cogs... Oof. I'm feeling dizzy. Ven did zat Cold Caller turn into two Short Changes? Ooh, I think zat I am seeing double. Now, vhat will happen if I destroy both of zese Cogs zat I see? I see now, I am getting ze Double XP!
- Aha, for as long as I wear ze Hypno Goggles, every Toon will receive Double XP! I don't know how long I can keep zis' up, so I'll just have to keep zem on for zis weekend. From now until January 27th at 11:59PM Toontown Time (PST), every toon vill receive Double XP! Zis should be a wonderful way to finish strong with ze Winter Laff-o-Lympics Toons, ja?
- Now, if you can excuse me, I am feeling very sleepy and sick to ze stomach. Seeing double is far worse zen you may think...
Posted by Franz Neckvein on February 2, 2019 at 7:15 PM
- HELLO LAFFLETES, far and wide, from Donald's Dreamland all the way to my hometown of Toontown Central! Welcome to ze finish line! Ze Winter Laff-o-Lympics have officially come to a spectacular finishing act. Of course, zat means ze time has come to announce ze winners of ze event, ja?
- I am so proud to see all of my puny Laffletes grow up into champions! Zat is ze Punchline Gym's purpose. First, I vill list how many Toons received each medal:
- A total of 2,251 Toons vill receive the Bronze prize!
- A total of 409 Toons vill receive the Silver Prize, including an exclusive SpeedChat phrase!
- Finally, 238 Toons vill receive the Gold Prize, which contains an exclusive Toon T.A.G.S. style!
- But zat's not what you're all here for, I get zat. In my hands, I hold ze winning team of the 2019 Winter Laff-o-Lympics. Who vill it be? Perhaps ze warm and toasty Team Hot Cocoa, or vill it be ze delicious and sugary Team Milk & Cookies? Ze truth is, both teams got lots and lots of ze Laff points. Toontown is now stronger zen ever in fighting ze Cogs! However, I must crown a single winner...
- Ze winner of the Winter Laff-o-Lympics is Team Hot Cocoa! Congratulations to all Cats, Crocodiles, Deer, Monkeys, and Mice who participated in ze Winter Laff-o-Lympics and gained 50 Laff Points! Once again, you vill recieve zese rewards prizes ze next time you enter Toontown:
- 5000 Jellybeans
- 1000 Racing Tickets
- One Gag-Up All Unite
- One Max Toon-Up Unite
- Two 600 Bean Unites
- Finally, I vould like to thank all Toons who participated in ze Winter Laff-o-Lympics. Ze Cogs are getting stronger by ze day, and ve will need all the strength possible to fight back ze intruders. To all of ze Laffletes, Thank YOU for making zis' a Toontastic Winter Laff-o-Lympics!
- Now, there's no time to vaste, I am already behind on my training! If you need me, I vill be exercising my strength back at ze Punchline Gym. Until next time!
Posted by Sir Max on February 14, 2019 at 2:00 PM
- Hello there Toontown, it's your favorite part-time Toontown Blog enthusiast Sir Max. As is tradition every year, ValenToon's Week is in full swing. As is tradition since this year, I lie in wait at my estate, alone. It's okay though, I know something good will happen this year.
- After all, there's only a few more days to go until half-priced chocolate at the Dropping Degrees Diner! Most people buy their chocolate before ValenToon's week, but little do they know how easy it is to find after the fact!
- While most Toons may be concerned with finding true love or some other malarkey, I'm more concerned with how long it'll be until I can get cheap chocolate! I may not be a fan of the associated with ValenToon's day, but I do love massive piles of chocolate! It's even better than Halloween, let me tell you.
- Maybe a stroll outside will ease the pain of waiting for chocolate. The Estate is very calming, after all. Wait a minute... are those... CHOCOLATE HEARTS on the ground?
- Happy ValenToon's Day, Toontown!
Posted by The Fissiontons on February 26, 2019 at 11:59 PM
- Fissionton, look.
- What's this? We’re not only logged into Toontown’s “Social Media” accounts...
- Ah! But also their blog post announcement doohickey.
- Salutations, Toontown. For those of you whom may not remember me, my name is Doctor Fissionton, and I'm joined today by my colleague: Doctor Fissionton. It's the 26th of the month, of course, which means we're here to discuss today's anomaly!
- Do you think it was a tad too theatrical?
- Nonsense, it's a grand finale.
- Yes, plus it's been since they first met us.
- since we met them.
- Now Toons, as you may recall, the 26th of every month has resulted in some sort of anomaly of time thanks to a certain Doctor. Some have been too small to notice, and some have been hard to miss. It's a ripple effect caused by his initial time travel experiment. Today's anomaly, for example, put every Toontown Social Media account into the control of the S.I.L.L.I. (Scientists Interested In Laugh Levels Increasing).
- Not that we would ever suggest taking advantage of a situation such as this.
- No, not at all. Dimm, please step away from the terminal!
- Some of you may ask: What's Fissionton up to? Why post the S.I.L.L.I. test video? What has he been doing all of this time?
- Some of them are already on the verge of an answer.
- I knew that giving the Doctor a puzzle would put it in their hands.
- With patience, they'll understand what we've been working towards since the beginning.
- Toontown, brace yourself. The Final Plan is well underway. Loony Labs will keep you updated with their newly-found social media access. We're nearing the turning point in Toon History. This minute may mark the end of the 26th, but today's anomaly is far from over. See you soon.
Posted by The Fissiontons on February 28, 2019 at 11:59 PM
- Hello, hello. It's Doctor Fissionton again. You know, the one who is two? Rippling in and out of time? 26 million Silly Particles? Posted on the Toontown Blog two days ago? Yes! That's me.
- By "me" you must mean "us."
- When you're not bound by time, why bother being bound to grammar?
- I suppose there are more pressing things to worry about.
- Yes. Why don't we show them today's test?
- Ever since the 26th of this month, an anomaly has been tearing through Toontown. It's the reason we're having to write a post so late -- ever since the anomaly led the Loony Labs Scientoons to start using social media, all of the computers have been occupied for every moment of the day! As you may have noticed, however... We've had a bit of a hand to play in the events of this anomaly.
- I must say, their collective effort has been quite outstanding.
- The best and brightest are piecing our puzzles together in record time!
- All of these years of training truly have paid off for them.
- They may even be starting to understand what we have been working towards.
- Though, this puzzle has proven to be harder than the others.
- It'll be much easier once we realized that we already dotted their a's for them.
- With each step towards The Final Plan, the ripple becomes closer to stabilizing. Loony Labs is learning more about the Tooniverse, the anomaly, and the silliness behind it all. Silliness is a powerful entity, with effects even I -- we -- could not have foreseen.
- Fissionton, take a look under this microscope for a moment.
- Is that dust on the lens, or is that what we're looking for?
- If we screen it correctly, it'll make a contrasting difference.
- The hour is growing late, and Doctor Surlee will certainly want to run more tests early in the morning. It's both past and before our bedtime, which means it's as good of a time as any to leave you to it.
- Don't worry, you'll be back here soon. Best of luck.
Posted by The Toontown Team on March 3, 2019 at 11:00 AM
- If you've been keeping a close eye on Toontown this week, you'll know that something big is happening! On Thursday, this all came to a boiling point when Toons discovered Part One of a two-part web comic called "Gone Fission." Read on to learn more, then click on the image below to view the comic!
- So, how did we get here? Keen-eyed Toons may have noticed some very strange happenings on social media over the past few days. Thanks to the anomalies of the 26th and the meddling of Doctor Fissionton, Loony Labs has taken over Toontown's social media!
- In addition to the social media silliness, several videos were posted on the Toontown . These videos seemed like simple Silly Meter tests, but they turned out to be much more! Some super smart sleuths across the Toontown community found that each video contained a small puzzle placed by The Fissiontons, which led to the comic that you'll find above.
- What comes next? It's hard to say, but we're certain that more Silly Meter silliness will be involved. Based on the last panel of the comic, it looks like we'll find out more on March 6th!
- Lastly, let's end this post to a huge shout-out to our puzzle solving community. We love putting together these Alternate Reality Games (ARGs) for you to solve, and we hope that you have as much fun solving them as we have creating them!
- If you find these mysteries intriguing, you should check out the and the , which are two communities full of dedicated Toons who worked together to solve this puzzle. Join now so that you can be involved with the next one!
- NOTE: These communities are not officially sponsored by Toontown Rewritten. We trust the moderators of these communities and know that they maintain a family friendly environment, but we do not manage either of them. Ask a parent before joining!
Posted by The Toontown Team on August 19, 2019 at 2:00 PM
- ToonFest may have only ended a little less than a month ago -- but we're not done talking about Sellbot Field Offices just yet! On the Main Event panel, we went in-depth about what we want the brand new endgame content for Toontown to be, and what we want YOUR feedback on.
- Going forward, we plan to place a major focus on more Backstage Toontown content, starting with the development of Sellbot Field Offices. Being more transparent with Toontown's players is very important, and we want YOU to be a part of the development process. During the Q&A panel at ToonFest, we answered countless questions about the development of Field Offices and Toontown itself -- but there's way more to talk about than we could have fit into two whole panels. Because of that, this week will be filled with Backstage Toontown content related to Sellbot Field Offices!
- The Toontown Blog is dedicating this week to Sellbot Field Offices. To keep things simple, the posts will be released on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. To start off, we'll be going over everything you may have missed from the convention!
- To preface this post, everything written here is subject to change. We're conducting loads of internal playtests -- not to mention listening to the community's feedback! Don't be surprised if a feature outlined here is majorly reworked or outright scrapped when Sellbot Field Offices hit the streets. Above all, our goal is to deliver on the most fun and challenging experience possible!
- To start our series of Backstage Toontown posts, we'll be giving a quick rundown on the overall mechanics of Sellbot Field Offices. As we release more posts, we'll go more in-depth with the individual pieces.
- What are Sellbot Field Offices?
- These highly anticipated 'boss buildings' bring a new difficulty level to Toontown. They're more than just any standard Cog Building -- they bring the luxuries of a Cog HQ into the field. That means that entering a Field Office is much like entering a Cog HQ -- you're on their turf. Sellbot Field Offices enter Toontown by taking over a Toon HQ, the safe zone of a dangerous street.
- Sellbot Field Offices are unique in that they aren't defeated after just one run. Every run takes Toons through a Field Office Annex, a single wing of the entire building. Each Annex acts as a health point for the entire Field Office. To take it down, multiple groups of Toons will need to take down every Annex!
- In each Sellbot Field Office Annex, there are two mini-games which need to be completed to continue. These are the Cold Caller Ice Game and the Mover & Shaker Maze Game. In the Mover & Shaker Maze Game, your goal is to defeat the boss Cogs with water balloons while collecting as many jokes from the smaller Cogs as you can. Toons who played Toontown Online during the later years may remember the Mover & Shaker Maze Game -- but this time around it comes at a much higher difficulty. Unlike the original monstrosity, the modern Mover & Shaker maze game can get quite frantic!
- The Cold Caller Ice Game is an entirely new mini-game developed by the Toontown Rewritten Team. For the sake of keeping this Backstage post from growing any more, we've decided to split info about the Ice Game off into a separate post -- so check back soon to get the full scoop on that! The Ice Game is something we're really proud of and can't wait to show you.
- As briefly mentioned at last year's ToonFest, there's also a brand-new Boss Cog at the top of every Field Office Annex. The boss will re-define the rules of a Cog battle and challenge even the oldest of Toontown veterans -- but it's not ready to show off quite yet. In a future Field Office development update, we'll have more details to share.
- As stated before, completing all of that only defeats a single Field Office Annex. That means that a Field Office needs multiple groups to battle it before it can be conquered! This requires massive teamwork, all in the spirit of Toontown. This also means that Field Offices will generally stay around for a while before they're defeated.
- Let's reel ourselves back in, that's a lot of information to process! However, there's so much more to Sellbot Field Offices that we'll be discussing in Backstage posts coming soon. Above all, we want to hear YOUR feedback on what we're doing with Sellbot Field Offices. The best way to deliver that feedback is to send an email to -- they'll get your feedback along to the developers as fast as possible! While we can't respond to every single piece of feedback, we do read all of them. With your help, Sellbot Field Offices will be the best update we've ever created!
- As briefly discussed at ToonFest at ReplayFX 2019, we plan to expand Toontown Backstage into livestreams on our YouTube and Twitch channels. We've also got plans to post work in progress Field Office news on our other social media pages in the coming months -- so be sure to check that out as well!
- We hope you're just as excited as we are about Sellbot Field Offices and Backstage Toontown, and we can't wait to share even more information with you. Expect another two Backstage Toontown Blog Posts very soon detailing the rest of Sellbot Field Offices in-depth -- just keep your eyes peeled on the Toontown Blog and follow us on Social Media so you don't miss it!
Posted by The Toontown Team on August 20, 2019 at 2:00 PM
- Six years ago, the Toontown community heard the worst news possible: Disney's Toontown Online was closing. Toontown's community was still a large one -- yet the game they cherished was being taken away forever. Many of us lost what felt like a part of ourselves that day, as we said goodbye to our Toons forever. On September 19th, 2013, people sent their final sendoffs as their favorite online game closed…
- But something else happened. An announcement was sent out on MMO Central Forums about a project called Toontown Rewritten -- and here we are today, getting ready to celebrate our Six Year Anniversary on September 19th with ToonFest 2019!
- September 19th is no longer a time of mourning: it’s a time of celebration! Five years ago, we left behind our limited Closed Beta and our good friend, the PlayLine. Suddenly, thousands of Toons flooded back into Toontown, this time entirely for FREE! As they say, the rest is history. Today, we celebrate the tradition of ToonFest to remember how lucky we are to still have Toontown!
- We recently wrapped up our 5th in-person celebration called , but ToonFest is worth more than just a weekend. On September 19, 2019, we will begin Toontown Rewritten's sixth anniversary celebration with the in-game ToonFest event!
- What is ToonFest?
- ToonFest, named after Disney's real-life Toontown event that took place in 2006 and 2007, is the annual celebration of all things Toontown! From slapstick to silliness, it has a bit of everything. It's time to take a break from the Cog battles, make some new friends, and play some fun games while we think about how far we've come.
- This in-game event is not to be confused with the real-world "ToonFest at ReplayFX" event, which happened earlier this month. It's a little confusing -- just roll with it!
- What happens during ToonFest?
- On September 19th, the official in-game ToonFest celebration kicks off with a series of blog posts by our very own Riggy Marole to keep you entertained and in the Toontown spirit. Here's a little synopsis of everything that the celebration has to offer:
- • Over in Acorn Acres, you can enter the ToonFest Event Grounds to join the fun.
- • Enter the silliest area in Toontown with a giant Merry-go-Round, (Jelly) Bean Bags, and plenty of activities to keep you occupied while chatting up with friends.
- • A grand fireworks spectacular lights up the sky every three hours with a nostalgic Toontown melody, and if you come a bit early you'll be able to catch the sunset!
- • Earn "ToonFest Tokens" to buy special items, accessories, and even a unique Toon color -- only available once per year!
- • Meet the fleet of Token Takers, noted by their world-famous mustaches. You can’t miss them!
- • Stop by and talk to Riggy Marole, the wackiest rabbit in town who acts as the emcee extraordinaire of ToonFest!
- • Work together to dunk Cleff, everyone’s favorite duck from Minnie's Melodyland, in the Duck Tank! The more you dunk the duck, the more prizes you earn!
- What is there to celebrate?
- Toontown was supposed to close six years ago, yet it's still alive and well today! With thousands of daily active players and lots of new content in the works, the Toontown community has proven that this is a game worth keeping.
- Every September we take time to "Rewrite" the past with this event. What used to be the saddest day in Toontown's history now marks the beginning of Toontown's greatest celebration. Instead of a loss, we can remember a revival!
- Of course, the Toontown Rewritten team also has many new things in the works. After all, we've just began our series of Backstage Toontown Blog Posts about Sellbot Field Offices! Sellbot Field Offices are the single largest project we've ever worked on, but we've got plenty of other smaller projects in the works.
- We hope that you're excited to celebrate ToonFest with us, and we thank you all so much for helping us make Toontown what it is today! Now that you've gotten to question us, we have one more for you:
- Are YOU Toon Enough?
Posted by The Toontown Team on August 21, 2019 at 2:00 PM
- Welcome to the second part of our Backstage Toontown series on the development of Sellbot Field Offices. Today, we'll be talking about two features that are far earlier in development than everything else we'll be showing you. The upside to this is that we can implement player feedback far more easily, and involve YOU with the development process more closely.
- The two features we're showing today are both rewards that Toons will receive for fighting back against the Sellbot Field Offices. Why are there two unique rewards related to Sellbot Field Offices? Read on to learn more.
- Once again, everything written here is subject to change. We're conducting loads of internal playtests -- not to mention listening to the community's feedback! Don't be surprised if a feature outlined here is majorly reworked or outright scrapped when Sellbot Field Offices hit the streets. Above all, our goal is to deliver on the most fun and challenging experience possible!
- What do I Win?
- Many have heard that there's more Laff points coming soon, and we want to integrate it with release of Sellbot Field Offices. After completing your Bossbot disguise, you'll get a brand-new Storyline ToonTask from Toon HQ! The Toon Resistance have heard about your Cog-busting ability -- and they need YOU to help their cause. It only took 100 or so Laff points for them to recognize your skills, after all.
- Through the secret channels of the Rangers, you'll be given a rank in the Sellbot Division of the Toon Resistance's operations. You'll still need to prove yourself by defeating Field Offices and increasing your Resistance Rank, but eventually you'll gain access to the most secret of hideouts that the Toon Resistance has to offer. Where might this hideout be? In enemy territory, of course.
- For years, there have been unassuming manholes in the main area of all four Cog HQs. With the release of Sellbot Field Offices, you'll be able to explore what's under Sellbot HQ -- the Sellbot Sewers. The Toon Resistance has secretly set up shop down there, ready to take down the Cog threat from right under their noses. It's the perfect plan, right?
- Once you gain access, you'll be able to take on special Toon Resistance ToonTasks to help the cause. Right now, this feature is still in the conceptual stage. Because this feature is in such an early state, we want as much feedback on it as possible. What do YOU think the Sellbot Sewers should be? We've done many sketches and tossed around tons of ideas, but the area is in an early enough state that we can really go anywhere with it. The Resistance Hideout is going to be one of the most exclusive areas in Toontown history, so we want it to be the best it can be!
- Introducing the Cog Remote Control
- New ToonTasks aren't the only reward from the Sellbot Field Offices -- There's a very special reward for completing each Annex. Introducing: the Cog Remote Control! Unlike past boss rewards, the Remote Control has a unique twist. Instead of relying on random chance, player input will be required to make it as effective as possible. A small micro-game will play out, and upon a successful game a single Cog will be taken by the remote. But what can controlled Cogs do? We've got some ideas below:
- 1. Give Toons a Toon-Up by telling a joke.
- 2. Perform a Cog-ified dance, stunning other Cogs in the battle.
- 3. Interfere with the other Cogs, causing damage to every Cog in the battle.
- 4. Any of YOUR ideas!
- The main mechanic we want to play with using the Cog Remote Control is the idea of increasing the importance of keeping a Cog alive. If you intentionally keep one Cog under control, it can make the battle against the other three that much easier! As with the Resistance Hideout, the Cog Remote Control is a very early concept. Once again, we would love to hear your feedback.
- Once again, we want to hear YOUR feedback on what we're doing with Sellbot Field Offices. The best way to deliver that feedback is to send an email to -- they'll get your feedback along to the developers as fast as possible! While we can't respond to every single piece of feedback, we do read all of them. With your help, Sellbot Field Offices will be the best update we've ever created!
- We hope you're just as excited as we are about Sellbot Field Offices and Backstage Toontown, and we can't wait to share even more information with you. One more Sellbot Field Offices related post is coming to Backstage Toontown on Friday -- and we're ending this week with a blizzard. Keep your eyes peeled on the Toontown Blog and follow us on Social Media so you don't miss it!