|News for the Amused
This is News for the Amused, bringing archives of all the official Toontown Rewritten news! Click the links below to see what was posted on the Toontown blog throughout the years.
This page lists all blog posts that were posted on the Toontown Rewritten website during the year of 2016.
Posted by Sir Max on January 1, 2016 12:00 AM
- The clock has just struck midnight, the ball has dropped, fireworks have started, and confetti is clogging every hole on my face. You know what that means: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
- Before you go off listing your New Years resolutions, I've got a suggestion for you: To become a Top Toon in the Toon HQ's annual New Years Top Toons Marathon! Here's how it works:
- Starting right NOW at midnight Toontown Time, we'll be keeping track of the Toons who defeat the most Cogs and most Cog Building floors every 24 hours. The top ten of each category will receive the largely coveted gold medal shirt, along with getting their name mentioned right here on the blog.
- If Cog fighting isn't your strong suit, (In which case I largely recommend that you find a new hobby) then you can still start the New Year with a BANG through our hourly fireworks show, which will last all day today.
- In retrospect, maybe you shouldn't make being a Top Toon your New Years resolution. Who needs a crummy gold metal shirt, anyway? Certainly not me. I mean I totally don't want to get rid of the competition so I can claim it for my own.
- Here's to a grand New Year, Toontown!
Posted by Toon HQ on January 8, 2016 02:00 PM
- Happy New Year, Toontown! All of us here at Toon HQ hope you've had a great one so far. With the close of the Top Toon Marathon Weekend, and careful analysis to make sure all pies were thrown straight and fair, here are the winners!
- Sir Max was supposed to announce them, as usual, but he was disqualified after putting his name in the slot of every winner.
|Top Toons of the Marathon:|
|Cogs Defeated||Floors Recovered|
|1. Crowned - 4,233 Cogs||1. Lucina - 737 Floors|
|2. Dippy Zippy Sparklefish - 4,215 Cogs||2. Beppo - 691 Floors|
|3. Velocifero - 4,168 Cogs||3. Yummylicious - 673 Floors|
|4. Matthew - 4,070 Cogs||4. Snow Queen - 618 Floors|
|5. J-Swine - 3,390 Cogs||5. Jimmy Joe - 576 Floors|
|6. Final Farewell - 3,371 Cogs||6. Remixed - 572 Floors|
|7. Days of Thunder - 2,599 Cogs||7. Kuzrah - 556 Floors|
|8. Sanchez - 2,134 Cogs||8. Peek-A-Boo - 551 Floors|
|9. Little Tom Jabbermonkey - 1,852 Cogs||9. Jasper - 543 Floors|
|10. Revenant - 1,777 Cogs||10. Sawyer - 531 Floors|
|Cogs Defeated||Floors Recovered|
|1. Doctor Fizzlewig - 3,315 Cogs||1. Kokopelli - 886 Floors|
|2. Azur - 3,298 Cogs||2. Blackluster - 871 Floors|
|3. Randy - 3,250 Cogs||3. Buster - 751 Floors|
|4. King Fluffy - 3,249 Cogs||4. Silly Duke Hucklephooey - 617 Floors|
|5. Aztec - 2,987 Cogs||5. Skip - 583 Floors|
|6. Lebron - 2,939 Cogs||6. Brittany - 581 Floors|
|7. Eve - 2,897 Cogs||7. Lucident - 551 Floors|
|8. Originality - 2,057 Cogs||8. Life - 518 Floors|
|9. Prodigious - 1,250 Cogs||9. Orion - 499 Floors|
|10. Papa Louie - 1,194 Cogs||10. Googlebop - 449 Floors|
|Cogs Defeated||Floors Recovered|
|1. Eurydice - 3,813 Cogs||1. Zilly Bagelzaner - 805 Floors|
|2. Dandy - 3,534 Cogs||2. Jerry - 750 Floors|
|3. Sphay - 2,978 Cogs||3. Schrodinger's Cat - 740 Floors|
|4. Dis Jointed - 2,467 Cogs||4. Fuyu - 733 Floors|
|5. Vindictive - 2,059 Cogs||5. Master Wacko - 583 Floors|
|6. Jinx - 1,717 Cogs||6. Limelives - 570 Floors|
|7. Master C.J. - 1,266 Cogs||7. Justin Time - 435 Floors|
|8. Furston Lyne - 1,252 Cogs||8. Sapphire - 404 Floors|
|9. Blue Argon - 1,248 Cogs||9. Juliet - 348 Floors|
|10. Nashonn - 1,246 Cogs||10. Cuddles Crinklemuffin - 309 Floors|
- NOTE: Don't see your Toon up there?
- • Toons linked to the same computer were only listed once, for sake of fairness, but ALL qualifying Toons will receive the prize! You may only see one of your Toons on the list, but your other qualifying Toons will receive it as well.
- • Toons found to be cheating during the event, or have received a recent serious infraction, have been disqualified. It's no fun for anyone!
- • If you think that your Toon has not been listed by mistake, don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com! We'll try our best to resolve the issue.
- Everyone did a great job participating, and we really showed those Cogs who's boss. We'd also like to thank you all for helping to further test our Top Toons system!
- Winners -- check your mailbox in the upcoming days for your prize. If you don't receive it by next week, make sure to contact us so we can make sure you receive it!
Posted by Flapjack on January 13, 2016 10:00 AM
- Hi there, Toontown. Flapjack! - that's my name. I've been a Toon Trooper for a little while now, but aside from my you may not have seen me before. That's because I work behind the scenes on one of the most important jobs: Keeping Toontown secure and S.A.F.E.!
- Don't lose me yet, folks. This post may not be the most exciting to you, but it's an important one. Besides, security is a feature in itself - we spend just as much time working on security as we do working on new things for you to enjoy, and that's one of the reasons Toontown Rewritten is where it is today!
- When you're S.A.F.E., it makes Toontown a better place for you and for everyone. Let me tell you a little bit about what being S.A.F.E. is all about:
- • Secure:
- Passwords are meant to be kept secret for a reason - and it's never a good idea to share them. Even us staff members will NEVER ask for your password! In addition to keeping it secret, make sure your password is strong, and that you don't use the same password for multiple websites.
- • Aware:
- Be aware of suspicious websites and files. If someone says you can get 100 Laff points by entering your username into a program, let me give you a hint: You can't. They're just trying to steal your account!
- • Friendly:
- No one wants to be mean, but it's not mean to say "No" -- even to a friend. If someone is asking you to share accounts, or even to BUY accounts, that's just asking for trouble! YOU are what makes your Toon you!
- • Enabled:
- If you want to go the extra mile to keep your account secure, consider enabling Toontown's Two-Step Login on the account page. Every Toontown account comes with ToonGuard enabled, which can be turned off after a certain amount of time, but it's there to keep you, well, S.A.F.E.!
- That may seem like an awful lot to keep track of, but all of those extra measures can be applied in almost No time!
- It may seem hard to remember multiple strong passwords, but that's no problem at all due to the "Forgot" button that most websites have to reset it! It's as easy as that commercial with the Easy button, but Sir Max says I can't mention that because of copyright. Oh...
- Now, was that so boring to read? I don't think so. Security is one of the features that makes sure Toontown can keep on going, and that's why we here on the Toon Council strive to be the best at it!
- See you around, fellas. I'll be behind the scenes.
Posted by The Toontown Team on January 23, 2016 09:00 AM
- Last year, Toontown Rewritten hosted the first official since 2007. You've seen the videos, you've heard the excitement, and you've BEGGED us to know if it's happening again.
- Today, we are extremely excited to announce that ToonFest will be returning once more to OMG!Con 2016 in Owensboro, Kentucky!
- Last year, Toontown's ToonFest celebration involved two panels led by the Toontown Rewritten team themselves that debuted exclusive content such as our first advertisement, the announcement of Storm Sellbot, and sneak peeks at what's to come! We also held plenty of activities such as a real-life pie toss, gameplay sessions, and meet-and-greets.
- This year, we're going to be expanding that even more with all sorts of new things to keep you Toons entertained. We are working closely with the OMG!Con staff to provide an experience out of this world for all of our players who are able to attend! If you thought last year was fun -- that was just a practice run compared to what we have in store.
- As time goes on, we will be posting updates to our blog to announce the exact activities that will be taking place. In the meantime, here is the basic information you need to begin planning your trip!
- OMG!Con is a big place, but tickets and hotels sell out quick. to visit their website, and visit the "Registration" page to order tickets. You'll also save $5 on tickets for ordering before March 15th!
- As a member of the Tooniverse, you can get tickets (including group badges) for a discount!
- • Toontown Rewritten will be a main exhibitor at OMG!Con 2016, which lasts from June 10th to June 12th. (Friday to Sunday)
- • Each day will be packed with Toontastic activities, however Saturday is the day of our main event!
- • This event is a real-world celebration for Toontown's 13th anniversary. ToonFest 2016, the annual in-game celebration of Toontown Rewritten held in Acorn Acres, will still be hosted on September 19, 2016.
- • The event will be recorded and uploaded for those who are unable to attend -- but you really won't want to miss it if you are able to be there in person!
- • Toontown Rewritten receives no profits or revenue from this event -- we're just in it for the celebration of all things Toontown! All convention costs are being paid out of pocket by our loyal staff members.
- • OMG!Con is a big convention full of all sorts of things to do outside of Toontown Rewritten - you may come for us, but you'll want to stay for the day full of fun!
- We know that a lot of you were hoping that ToonFest would move to a closer location this year, but we spent a lot of time looking at locations and events until ultimately deciding that OMG!Con was the one that could offer the best experience for our players. Don't lose hope, though -- as Toontown grows, so will our events!
- Last year, over two hundred fans showed up JUST for Toontown -- and because we have announced the convention so early this year, we're expecting that number to increase greatly! OMG!Con brings in an estimate of 2,500 attendees.
- So what are you waiting for? Come by and join the fun! There's plenty to do, and we're just as excited as all of you. Stay TOONed on our blog for more information as it becomes available, and we hope to see you at ToonFest!
Posted by Sir Max on February 2, 2016 12:00 PM
- We haven't talked about Slappy much ever since... Doomsday. You know. The day that the Cogs invaded our town. But there's plenty of new Toons though who hardly know the fellow. Who is Slappy, you ask? We're back for another issue of The Silly Spotlight to tell you all about him!
- Flippy's Foe
- Back when Toontown was founded, things were simple. There were very few residents, and the town could live in peace. Mayor Mickey decided, however, that it was best to hold an election between the two most "Toon Enough" Toons he knew: Flippy Doggenbottom and Slappy Quackintosh.
- Don't let that headline fool you -- although Slappy was Flippy's foe, they were great pals. While Flippy used Pies and Fireworks to woo the town, Slappy used Jellybeans and Hot Air Balloons. He even turned Toons into Polar Bears on Christmas!
- Flippy was the underdog of the election, quite literally, due to Slappy's charisma and even higher Laff points than Flippy. (Back then, he had the highest around -- which was only 42! Ha!)
- The Rightful Ruler
- The official Toon Council Presidential Election between Flippy and Slappy was hosted by Alec Tinn, where all Toons could put their vote on who they wanted as President. You may think that Flippy won, since he is our current President, but... It was actually Slappy.
- Slappy won the vote by just a few hundred more than Flippy, but just as the celebration begun, something unexpected happened. A robot flew down from the sky, dressed in a fancy suit with a big smile. A Yesman. Slappy didn't know what was happening -- no one did -- and he went sad in Toontown Central. We haven't seen him since.
- Searching for Slappy
- Flippy was able to stop the Yesman with one of his prized pies -- which made him the one to discover the Cog's weakness. The invasion only grew larger from there, but we were able to fight them back so that no Cog will ever enter the playground again. Flippy won the Presidency by default, but only accepted it reluctantly.
- It was during the first Toon Council meeting that arrived, showing off his Cog Disguise and Cog battling tactics. He said that he had no idea where to even begin looking for Slappy... But Doctor Surlee, however, had a couple of ideas.
- The hunt is on, Toons, and it has been ever since his disappearance. The Cogs may have taken the rightful ruler of Toontown, but trust me, Flippy has been searching for Slappy ever since.
Posted by Sir Max on February 13, 2016 09:00 AM
- WE DID IT TOONTOWN!
- The absolute longest amount of time between two blog posts. I mean, it probably was, right? I didn't really check. It certainly seemed like it. Nonetheless, it's close enough for government work.
- Speaking of government work, that's actually the topic I've got to talk to you about today: The Toon Council? They've given me absolutely nothing to talk about. Zilch! This time last year I actually went , (which is continuing - no new website yet!) but this year they're just doing it for me.
- Let me tell you, it's pretty lonely without you folks. I mean, I know I do most of the talking here, but at least you're good listeners. Err, readers. Moving on!
- I should clarify that the Toon Council hasn't given me any assignments because they've been too busy creating them, as usual. It happens every year around this time, just as you can see with the whole Blockade I set up last year.
- We can't just pull all of those updates out of thin air, you know -- we set aside this time of year to re-evaluate progress and figure out what's "Toon Enough" to come out over the course of the next year. That way, in the months with our highest player counts (When school gets out for the summer!) we have plenty of things ready to release for all of you Toons.
- What's that mean for the time-being? I can't tell you what they're working on; they'd have my head if I did. What I can tell you, however, is that we know it can be boring in these months while we work on the updates, and just like last year, we have some things planned to keep you entertained.
- Keep your eyes peeled for Backstage Blog posts, Toontown Tweaks TWO, and -- I mean finally this time -- an entire new website that you'll hear more about in the upcoming weeks.
- Now, enough talking from me. Let me hear from YOU -- what kind of news or activities do you want to see in Toontown while we work on our big updates and events?
Posted by The Toontown Team on February 21, 2016 06:30 PM
- Lights, camera, CONTEST! It's been a while since we hosted a contest for you Toons, so this time we're on a search for the next big thing. Whether you have a knack for storytelling, really keen video editing skills, or just want to have some fun -- we want to see your creations!
- What kind of video should you make, you ask? We'll be selecting three videos to be our grand prize winners based off of these categories:
- Best Idea
- Have you got the creative wit, but not necessarily the best video editor? Our winner from this category will be chosen based on what our team members consider to be the most creative idea in the whole contest.
- Best Editing
- A lot of you REALLY know your way around a video editor, and we REALLY want to see the best that you can create! This grand prize winner will be whoever has the video with top-notch production quality.
- Most "TOON Enough"
- There's plenty of ways to describe Toontown. Wacky, Toontastic, zany and creative to name a few. There's just some things that have a certain charm to them, and the winner of this miscellaneous category will go to whoever may not fall into the other two categories, but still captures the charm of Toontown!
- Even though our winners will be picked based off of those categories, we don't want you to pick a specific one to try and create. If you have a great idea AND great video editing, by all means, do both! We much rather have a well-rounded video than one that has too much of a certain area.
- Here's a quick summary of the official rules, regulations, and all that mumbo-jumbo!
- • To enter, create an up to three minutes long Toontown Short about any story you can imagine! It can be an advertisement, comedy, backstory -- anything relating to Toontown.
- • All three grand prize winners will receive a real life Toontown Prize Pack, as well as have their videos featured on the Toontown website!
- • Once you've created your video, upload it to YouTube and head over to the to submit your URL.
- • Include the tag "ToontownShorts" in your video so that others can find it easier! All approved entries will also be added to our .
- • All entries should be submitted by email before March 20th, 2016 at 11:59PM PST. The grand prize winners will be announced soon after!
- Think you've got what it takes? Check out all of the other rules and details over on the .
- Here are a few existing Toontown Shorts we've hand-picked to give you some ideas. These aren't made by us, but we certainly enjoy them!
- • by ToontownDock
- • by Zigguratxnaut
- • by Middie
- We're excited to see what you can come up with! If you need help uploading your video or have any questions about the contest, please don't hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also check out Google's to learn how to upload videos to YouTube.
Posted by The Toontown Team on February 28, 2016 03:00 PM
- Have you heard the news yet? Over the next few months leading up to it, we have tons of exciting details that are going to make it worth your while. The first of these: We want you to Bring Your Own Computer! (BYOC)
- Last year, we had lots of surprises from our players. The biggest surprise was when they brought their own pies (BYOP!) , but that wasn't the only one. Our players were thinking even harder than us, and brought their own computers to play Toontown on!
- Although we had our own station set up to play Toontown, many players brought laptops with them so that they could play Toontown with their friends and the staff members right there on the spot. Because of this, OMG!Con Staff has made accommodations for a special area where you can plug in your laptop and play with up to 32 other people at a time!
- Now if you can't or don't have a laptop to bring, don't sweat it. We'll have a couple of computers there for you to use, but in the grand scheme of things, we'll be spending very little time actually playingToontown since we have plenty of action-packed activities planned for the weekend that you'll hear about soon.
- With the addition of this area, we'll be having several Toontown tournaments with real-life trophies given to the winners -- but we'll fill you in on those details later. Be sure to brush up on your playing skills!
- Be sure to order tickets soon, since the price of tickets will go up after March 15th. Don't forget to use our promo code, either! If you've already purchased tickets but forgot the promo code, you can contact OMG!Con to get that worked out.
- Our own support email is also open to questions about the convention, if you have any reservations about attending. OMG!Con is a family friendly place with plenty of things to do, so we hope that you'll attend!
Posted by The Toontown Team on March 11, 2016 12:00 PM
- Did you miss us? We're back for another exciting Backstage Column, where we talk about the inside scoop of the Toontown Rewritten team. There's a lot we've been working on, but first it's time to talk about something more along the lines of the "classics" in terms of updates. Just like last year, we're going to talk about making...
- The Outstanding Update
- Last year, we released a Backstage post just like this one where we talked about making a couple of . The idea was a hit, and so we proudly put together a big update consisting entirely of community-suggested tweaks.
- That post turned into one of our largest updates EVER, resulting in some of the biggest and most loved changes for the game. You can view the whole list over here on the final Toontown Tweaks Blog Postfrom last year. You may have forgotten that some of those changes used to be different!
- A Newly Fabricated Formula
- Although we all LOVED seeing a release note list that long, you may have noticed lately that since a lot of the original game's content has been released, we've been lacking release notes at all!
- Keeping in the spirit of the community-suggested update, we've listened to YOU and decided to release the tweaks as they are developed rather than saving them up for one big update. While we may not get a list of release notes quite so long, this means that Tweaks will be released sooner, right when they're ready, rather than stored up as one huge update -- which results in more great changes for Toontown!
- We Need YOU!
- As it turns out, making Tweaks to Toontown was a bigger blessing than we thought! We've made so many adjustments that a lot of our own suggestions have already been implemented, which is where you come in. We're always listening, but now more than ever, we want YOU to send in your ideas on what small changes could make Toontown a better place for everyone!
- Do you have ideas for new ToonTasks? New Rewards? Ways to make the game easier, harder, and more fun? What kind of things could be redesigned to bring the game up to date? Are there things in other games that you think could work well in Toontown? We'd love to hear your answers to these questions, and many, many, more.
- Look Forward to the Future
- You'll see the first small set of Tweaks in the coming weeks, followed by many more as time goes on. We can't wait to see what you think, and what you come up with for us!
- Be sure to follow the as well -- we're talking about that event so much for a reason, you know, and it's not just so that we get some more free pies to the face. The most exciting details are yet to come.
- Thanks for sticking with us for another Backstage Column, and don't forget to comment about your suggestions and tweaks!
Posted by Sir Max on March 12, 2016 09:00 AM
- Videos. Not pants, folks. Videos. Toontown doesn't have any new shorts this month -- well we do, but not the clothing kind of shorts. The moving kind. As in motion pictures. But short motion pictures. Bah, you get what I mean!
- If you've been around Toontown these past few weeks, you've without a doubt heard about the . Toons have been buzzing around all over the place to get their movies recorded and submitted!
- I remember my days of film making. I attended film school, you know! After dozens of videos I decided to call it quits and end my career -- but for some reason they claimed I was "unqualified" to receive my degree after only three days of attending the school. Everyone's a critic.
- These new filmmakers, though, they sure have the spirit. I was going on a walk through the town the other day when I saw one with a real cliffhanger. I helped him up, of course -- apparently it was some sort of stunt gone wrong. That poor actor was hanging onto the cliff for dear life!
- Remember: there are only 8 days left to enter the contest! For content creators and virtuous viewers alike, be sure to check out the Toontown Shorts Playlist to see entries that have been submitted and approved thus far. They're great to watch, and may even give you an idea for your own video!
- Now, filmmakers, be careful with those cliffhangers. I won't always be around to save you.
Posted by Toon HQ on March 14, 2016 04:30 PM
- ATTENTION ALL TOONS: A MEGA-Invasion is on its way!
- Backstabbers are taking over Toontown!!!
- Let's get right to the point, Toontown -- we've reviewed Toon HQ's data using the Loony Labs certified probability predictor, which has allowed us to predict that the Cogs are about to launch a full-scale backstabbing invasion ALL DAY tomorrow, starting at 12AM Toontown Time!
- We don't know if it's tradition, remembrance, or some sort of ritual, but those backstabbers sure do love March 15th. We've already warned Julius Wheezer about the invasion, and luckily have secured these few safe districts that will be protected from those Backstabbers!
- Keep your eyes sharp! The Backstabbers won't reconsider harming a Toon at all, and they certainly won't appreciate our piercing puns. Good luck defeating them!
Posted by Flippy on March 15, 2016 01:00 PM
- Flippy, President of the Toon Council, here! As many of you know, a very important national Toontown Holiday has just finished -- March 14th, or as some may call it, 3/14 -- The National Day of PI(e)!
- The Ides of March may have backstabbed some of us bewildered blokes, but fortunately I was fixing up a feast all day yesterday in celebration of Pie Day... And ended up with an excess of hundreds, maybe even THOUSANDS of PIES!
- I was hoping to use them to attract my doodle, Fluffy, back to me... But my duties as President of the Toon Council come first, and these pies could go to a lot of needy Toons on our streets. I rang up my riveting and rather ridiculous Pie Stand, the one I built for the Election, and let him return to his very own spot in Toontown Central to give out pies once again!
- So go ahead, grab as many pies as you can grasp. They're on the house -- or Toon Hall, rather! I sadly must stay inside and attend to my duties, but I have no doubt I'll be visited throughout the day with more than one pie to the face.
- Take care, Toons, and I hope you had a Happy Pie Day!
Posted by Eugine on March 17, 2016 02:00 PM
- Top o' the mornin' to ya! The name's Eugine, an Irishtoon owner of Green Bean Jeans over in Daisy's Garden. It's quite the lovely place there, with green all around. On a day like today, St. Patrick's Day, that green goes quite well with the lot of you Toons!
- St. Patrick's Day is the day o' green, but with the exception of Sir Max, many of us haven't done a whole lot to gloat our greenity. Now, I've been makin' a lot o' green jeans for years, but today I decided to try something a wee bit different... Green Gloves!
- With just a tad of my green bean dye, I can turn your white gloves into green with just the flick of a brush. It may not be permanent, no, but it'll last a good while for you to celebrate! I know a lot o' ya have been wishing for colored gloves, too, and while they may not be permanent -- maybe it'll feast yer hungering bellies for it.
- Just stop by my shop if you'd like to give it a green go, and tell me the secret phrase. I'll show ya just how "easy to be green" it can be! Happy St. Patrick's Day, laddies!
Posted by Sir Max on March 22, 2016 02:00 PM
- Annnnndddddd... CUT! That's a wrap, fellas. Not the tasty kind, or the gifting kind -- but the filmmaking kind. March 20th marked the end of our "Toontown Shorts" contest, and final review for the videos has been completed!
- Now, us Toon Troopers have the worst of it. Get this: We have to grab a bag of popcorn, sit back in our chairs, and do nothing except for watch your awesomely-crafted videos all day until deciding a winner. It's absolutely torturous! Can you imagine having such a horrible job of doing nothing but sitting at home and watching movies all day? They call those people theater attendants.
- We'll be announcing the winners in the upcoming weeks after reviewing each video and contacting the owners, so be patient with us! In the meantime, check out the Toontown Shorts Playlist to watch over one-hundred jam-packed Toontown creations by our very own residents.
- If your video isn't in the playlist, don't fret! While it may have broken a rule, it's also likely that it could have been missed in our submission process. Send an email to our support, and we'll let you know what went wrong and try to get it fixed. We wouldn't want you to miss out on a chance at the winner's circle.
- Hope you enjoyed our little contest. Keep your eyes peeled for the winners, as well as our next contest coming up!
Posted by ??? on March 26, 2016 02:35 PM
- I told you we'd be . Now, don't look so puzzled. You've solved this before.
- P gqomu ukti ytxtxmty of dhuty fq sqzj.
- Ukti gpgz'u kdnt xobk uq ytxtxmty dmqou of pz ukt hpyfu wsdbt.
- Itf, pu'f mttz eoput ztdysi urq itdyf fpzbt qoy hpyfu dwwtdydzbt.
- Dk itf, p ytxtxmty pu spat pu rdf itfutygdi...
- Pu rdf itfutygdi. Qy rdf pu uqxqyyqr?
- Kdyg uq fdi du ukpf fudjt.
- Fq xdzi ukpzjf kdnt kdwwtztg fpzbt rt sdfu fwqat. Ukt ypggstf, ukt bpwktyf, ukt xifutyi... Xdzi qh uktx kdnt fqsntg pu, gqbuqy foystt. Ukti azqr iqoy wdfu, qy ydukty iqoy houoyt -- mou uktyt dyt fupss xdzi wptbtf xpffpzj.
- Fqxtukpzj qsg.
- Fqxtukpzj ztr.
- Fqxtukpzj mqyyqrtg.
- Fqxtukpzj msot.
- Pu'f df ph ukti'nt kpu d gtdg tzg. Ukt wptbtf dyt uktyt, mou rkdu pf sthu uq fqsnt? Rkdu jytdu fpjzphpbdzbt gqtf ukpf gdut kdnt? Mou iqo'nt hpjoytg ukdu qou mi zqr, p'x foyt. Pu'f kqr iqo'nt dnqpgtg fq xdzi dzqxdsptf bdoftg mi ukt fuqzt iqo ukytr pzuq ukt rduty.
- Kt kdfz'u itu gpfbqntytg ukdu ukt rdnt pf dsrdif uktyt, rktukty kt fttf qy zqu. Fqxtupxtf pu'f d ypwwst... Ukpf xqzuk, hqy btyudpz, pu pf d upgds rdnt.
- P uyptg sqjjpzj qzuq xi qsg utyxpzds du ukt hdbpspui, ukqojk qh bqoyft pu rqosgz'u mt bqzztbutg rpuk xi txwsqixtzu zq sqzjty mtpzj... Rtss, tvpfutzu, pz ukpf upxtspzt. Utyxpzds #26. Ydukty pyqzpb kqr ukt uqqzpntyft fttxf uq spzt dss qh ukpf ow, mou p rqosgz'u tvwtbu dzi stff hyqx d bdyuqqz.
- Kt gpg zqu azqr rkq iqo rtyt, zqy rkq p dx. Ukdu wdydjydwk pf wqpzustff. Wqpzustff uq kpx, mou zqu uq uktx. Iqo dsrdif rtyt qmftfftg rpuk tvwtypxtzuf. Iqo bdz'u msdxt xt hqy kdnpzj d mpu qh hoz, ukdu'f dss rt bdz gq dzixqyt.
- Iqo fupss gqz'u azqr rkq rt dyt, gqbuqy, zqy gq ukti -- mou qzt gdi pu rpss dss mt bstdy. Ukpza qh of df d zdyydupnt qh iqoy spuust dgntzuoyt; d mtdx qh kqwt ukdu iqo dyt zqu dsqzt pz iqoy tvwtypxtzu; d byots hqytfkdgqrpzj ukdu rt azqr rkdu pf uq bqxt.
- Utss xi bqsstdjotf rt fdpg ktssq. Ozups ztvu upxt.
Posted by Sir Max on March 27, 2016 02:00 PM
- Short post today, Toons, mostly because I am under a MASSIVE sugar rush from all of the jellybeans I've eaten! I don't know about you all, but the Easter Bunny certainly treated me well! Surprising, too, considering I tried to kidnap him.
- Don't give me that look. Don't even try to tell me that you've never tried to kidnap the Easter Bunny before. Everyone's done it! Between you and me, I don't even believe he's a real bunny. Bunny Toons are quick, sure, but this guy is going at Santa Toon levels of speed. I personally think he's a badger.
- I figured I'd give my theory a whirl, so I set up a brand new security system (complete with lasers and butterfly nets!) to try and catch the little rascal. Lo and behold, though, I woke up to find an Easter basket placed right next to the security system, and no rabbit to be found.
- Really, it only proved my theory -- everyone knows that badgers can easily escape lasers and butterfly nets.
- From myself and the Toon Council, we hope you and your family have had a Happy Easter! Stay TOONed, because a certain special day is coming up... Heh, heh.
Posted by Sir Max on April 1, 2016 03:15 AM
- The permits are approved, the patents are -- well, those are still pending, but Toontown's Pet Shops are finally open! Many Toons have been begging for this for a long time, and there's no better way to kick off the month than to announce something so exciting!
- It certainly took us long enough to find something to put inside of them, you know. Who knew it would be so hard to find pets in a race entirely composed of friendly animals? But, after lots and lots of searching, we finally have something to put inside of those giant yellow faucets.
- On your way over to the Pet Shops, you'll want to watch out for random animal sounds, varying limb sizes, anti-gravity anomalies, buildings being ripped from the ground... And that's just the beginning of it.
- Grab onto something, because you never know what's going to happen next. It's officially the start of Toontown's silliest holiday of all, April Toons Week!
Posted by Toon HQ on April 15, 2016 01:00 PM
- ATTENTION ALL TOONS: A MEGA-Invasion has Begun!
- Number Crunchers are taking over Toontown!!!
- The dark day has come, fellow Toons. Every April 15th, the Number Crunchers come swooping down from the skies to collect taxes from the Toons of Toontown. Luckily, our government is a Toonocracy which thrives solely on silliness! We aren't Tooniticians here, so don't ask us how it works. We try not to question it.
- Say, I bet you're wondering why the blog has been so quiet lately! After illegally renting out the pet shop to Loony Labs on April Toons Week as some sort of joke, the Toon Council decided to put Sir Max on probation from his blog posts for a while.
- Don't worry, I'm sure he'll find a way to break the rules again soon. In the meantime, look forward to some upcoming and exciting , the contest winners, and our upcoming series of updates! Stay TOONed!
Posted by The Toontown Team on April 22, 2016 02:00 PM
- It was a hard decision, but we've finally decided on the winners of the One winner was picked for each category, and we've picked out some honorable mentions too. Everyone did TOONTASTIC!
- Best Idea
- "The Cog Menace" by Nobaddy
- Best Editing
- "Teaser for Toontown Rewritten" by Little Robin Feathersprinkles
- Most Toony
- "Sticky Situation" by Piplup
- All of the grand prize winners above will be receiving a Toontown Prize Pack in the mail! We also picked out a couple of honorable mentions who all came very close to winning. We recommend you check them all out, in addition to the many other awesome videos on our .
- Honorable Mentions
- " " by Princess Hulagadget, Little Tom Jabbermonkey, and Princess Hulagadget's dad. (You go dad!)
- " " by Doctor Mildew Mcboom, Mitzi Jinxbumper, Lady Melody Mcboom, and Saeclum.
- " " by Min.
- " " by Flip.
- " " by Wheatley.
- " " by Pj.
- We hope you all had as much fun with this contest as we did, and we'll be hosting many more in the future. Don't be glum if you didn't win, because there's plenty more contests to come. Even though the contest may be over, we hope you all will continue to produce awesome shorts like the ones you made for us!
- Keep your eyes peeled for our next contest coming up soon!
Posted by The Toontown Team on April 25, 2016 12:00 PM
- We've been spending a lot of time gearing up for this year's , and boy, do we have a lot in store for you. We're aiming to double the fun of last year's event, and we're excited today to announce one of the ways we're going to do that: A TOONTASTIC Toontown Tournament!
- During the weekend of ToonFest, our staff members have organized a way to pick out the "Top Toons" of ToonFest who will be eligible to win some awesome real-life prizes like the ones you see above. You'll be able to prove your worth in one of Toontown's wackiest activities: Racing, Golf, or Trolley Games.
- The top 4 players of each category of the tournament will be able to take home some awesome awards for proving themselves "TOON Enough" - and we'll have plenty of fun along the way! Although we'll have a few extra computers available, you may want to so that you'll be able to participate in all of the fun, all of the time. Just be careful not to get your laptops lost or broken!
- Ticket sales have been flying through the roof, and with only a short time left until the event it's time to start showing you all of the exciting things that you'll be able to expect at this year's ToonFest. Many hotel rooms are already sold out, so make sure to pick up your tickets and book a room as soon as possible.
- In the upcoming weeks, we'll tell you all about the other new activities we have for ToonFest as well as our official panel lineup. Believe it or not, this year we'll be having THREE awesome panels throughout the weekend to keep you entertained!
- Until next time, brush up on those playing skills. You may end up being the winner of the Toontastic Toontown Tournament!
Posted by Sir Max on April 30, 2016 02:00 PM
- ALOHA! Boy, what a trip. I hope you all didn't miss me too much. I'm back to the blog, though, and that means its time for Toontown to get in gear for some awesome upcoming updates. After all, it's almost summer!
- As you may have heard, the Toon Council wasn't too happy with me for the little I pulled. Something about not having "permission" to sell a public building to a bunch of half insane scientists, and causing "catastrophic silliness of uncharted proportions" due to it. Now I don't know about you, but I quite enjoyed the view of buildings being ripped from the ground and gravity slipping away!
- So the Toon Council put me on probation from the blog for a few days to make sure I didn't have any more tricks up my sleeve. Oh yes, I said a few days. I was able to write blog posts again less than a week after it started. I just decided to make the most of the "punishment" of my vacation!
- In those few weeks I was away from the blog, I was able to count all of my jellybeans, take a trip to Disneyland, coauthor an entire fifteen-book series called "The Adventures of Sir Max" (The other author was myself -- we worked quite well together), clean all 156 of my blue button up shirts, discover the meaning of life as we know it, and the most time-consuming of them all: Clean my room.
- Now that I've had such a great vacation, though, it's time to start preparing for the next one: Summer Vacation! It's the season you've all been waiting for, when Toontown's most exciting updates come out and our population count hits new heights.
- In the upcoming months we have a lot in store for you, so grab a Hawaiian shirt and stock up on sunscreen. We've got one short month left until the most exciting time of the year begins, and you'll notice quite a lot more activity from us to lead up to it!
Posted by Lil Oldman on May 10, 2016 03:30 PM
- Greetings. It is not often that I venture outside of my shop. The balmy weather in Toontown Central is much too warm compared to my shop. Today I must venture out , however, for the talk of strategy.
- Toons think they have saved me many times from the clutches of Cogs. (They know not that I simply allow the Cogs to use my shop, as it is much tidier when they leave.) Upon being saved from the Vice President, however, I have always given Toons my card so that I may one day be called upon when they are not strong enough to fight on their own.
- Today, I have decided to begin bringing my much more powerful lure gag with me rather than the novice Hypno Goggles. Toons such as yourself have asked me to do this for longer than you have been drawn. Likewise, other Toons have also slightly changed their SOS ability. Toons Hit and Cogs Miss now last for more than one round depending on the power of the shopkeeper, for example.
- In order to accommodate these changes, the Toon Council has began work on allowing Toons to hold all SOS cards, but that is for another time. For now, SOS cards can now be deleted and are also sorted by their rarity. Do not delete your SOS cards if you wish to hold them all, as that ability will come as time passes on.
- You can find a more extensive list of the SOS card "tweaks" below. The Toon Council will have more for you in the days to come.
- In your travels, remember this: Space Jam is not jam from space; it is a film with basketball players and a much less handsome rabbit. Do not ask me what this means. I do not know.
Posted by The Toontown Team on May 11, 2016 02:30 PM
- If you had the chance to ask the creator of Toontown any question, what would you ask? The man who brought Toontown Online to life in 2003, Jesse Schell, is back for another year of ToonFest! We'd love to fill you in on the details, but perhaps it's better to let him do the talking:
- Last year, we asked Jesse Schell to remotely take part in our ToonFest celebration by answering ten questions submitted from players just like YOU!
- It was such a success that we reached out to him and asked if he would be willing to do it again, and he didn't hesitate for a moment to say yes for the Toontown community. After all, there are many questions still left to be answered!
- Click Here to see the questions and answers from last year's event.
- Here's everything you need to know:
- • All players, whether attending OMG!Con or not, can submit a question to be answered by Jesse Schell. All questions must be submitted by 11:59PM Toontown Time (PST) on Friday, May 20.
- • Us folks on the Toontown Rewritten team will be working with Jesse to choose the best questions about Toontown, which will be answered straight from the man himself via recording at our main ToonFest panel. The video will also be uploaded on our YouTube Channel.
- • The Top 10 Toons who submit the best questions will receive a small Toontown Prize Pack complete with some of the items we'll be giving out at OMG!Con, along with some exclusives!
- • Players from all around the world are able to enter: This contest is not restricted to the US.
- After starting Toontown, Jesse Schell left Walt Disney Imagineering to become a professor of Entertainment Technology at Carnegie Mellon University and create his own game studio, Schell Games. Jesse continues to follow Toontown and its fans today in hopes of officially bringing it back, and is an active supporter of Toontown Rewritten. You may have even seen him running around town on his red rabbit, Jaymo!
- You can learn more about Jesse on his , or the official webpage.
- It's never too late to come to OMG!Con, so make sure to read all about it on and the other posts from the blog if you're still thinking about coming.
- We're only one month away from the event, and we'd love to see you there. In the meantime, everyone, have fun in Toontown!
Posted by The Toontown Team on May 13, 2016 09:00 AM
- Two OMG!Con updates in one week? Call us crazy, but we've got a lot of information to tell you about. Our jobs here on the TTR Team revolve around the development of a virtual world, so it's only natural that many of our team members have grown interested in a new technology called Virtual Reality.
- We've had a blast experimenting with it over the past few months, and at OMG!Con, we want to share it with you!
- In addition to our Toontown events at OMG!Con, developers from the Toontown Rewritten team have volunteered to set up two Virtual Reality Stations in the OMG!Con Game Room for all attendees to come and try out the most advanced VR Technology currently on the market: The HTC Vive.
- These demos many not quite be related to Toontown, but we think you'll enjoy them nonetheless. At the stations, you'll be able to check out a selection of our favorite games from third party developers that plop you into a virtual world. We're even including one developed by Schell Games!
- You may ask, "If this isn't related to Toontown, what's all the hubbub about?" -- Let us tell you, Virtual Reality is no mere fad. As game developers, we've had a lot of fun exploring the possibilities of virtual worlds over our time with Toontown, and Virtual Reality is only going to extend that in the upcoming years. It's an incredible experience that you won't soon forget.
- As you can see, we have a lot of fun planned for ToonFest and we want to make sure there's never a dull second. In the weeks to come, keep your eyes peeled for one final OMG!Con Update to tell you about EVERY detail planned for the convention. If you haven't bought tickets yet -- we certainly suggest you do!
- For more information about VR, check out the website.
- We'll see you in the Tooniverse!
Posted by Toon HQ on May 20, 2016 02:00 PM
- ATTENTION ALL TOONS: A MEGA-Invasion has Begun!
- Mr. Hollywoods are taking over Toontown!!!
- Lights, camera, ACTION! The yearly Mr. Hollywood invasion is upon us. These high-level Cogs are swooping down to the streets of Toontown with excessive glamour and a smile so extravagant that some Toons may not even be able to resist his selling tactics.
- Luckily, we've managed to identify a few of the Cog's weaknesses. That smile may be big, but it doesn't do them much good without a laugh! A good cake will muck up those shiny teeth and get him cracking up for sure. The Hollywoods don't keep their eyes closed out of style, after all -- it's because their shiny teeth are so blinding!
- We've managed to secure a few safe areas throughout Toontown from the invasion:
- As always, Mega-Invasions mean DOUBLE experience points for all Toons who help fight back the Mr. Hollywood menace.
- Our specially-trained probability predictors presume that this invasion will last all weekend long, so keep your friends close and your pies closer!
Posted by The Toontown Team on May 28, 2016 11:30 AM
- It's the final countdown to ToonFest! Ticket sales have ended, (but you can still pick them up aPosted by the door) our flights are booked, and we're wrapping up the things we have in store for you! Finally, we're here to announce what the entirety of ToonFest 2016 is composed of. Buckle up, because here we go!
- This year, Toontown's main booth and base of operations will be located in the OMG!Con video game room, which is different from our location last year. You can check out a map of the convention center in the . Our booth and the Virtual Reality stations will be closed during all of the events listed below.
- Friday - June 10
- Toontown Meetup -- 8:00PM - 9:00PM
- Autographs & Meetups Room
- To kick off the weekend, we're inviting all Toontown fans to come join us for a get-together in a less formal way to chat with the staff, meet other players, and maybe even earn some cool prizes!
- Saturday - June 11
- ToonFest -- 11:00AM - 12:30PM
- Main Event Room
- ToonFest is the event you've all been waiting for! Our first and largest panel will be where we talk all about the exciting things we have to show you, as well as answer any questions from our players. Check out our new announcements, backstage secrets, and see what has in store!
- Rewriting Toontown -- 2:30PM - 3:30PM
- Main Event Room
- Listen to the Toontown Rewritten team talk about the whole story of how a band of regular players turned into a team of dedicated game designers. The full story of how Toontown was Rewritten!
- Sunday - June 12
- Toontown Playtime -- 9:00AM - 12:00PM
- Video Game Room
- For a solid three hours on Sunday morning, Toontown has the LAN area all to ourselves for one last time to meet players and make friends inside the Tooniverse. Bring your own computer if you can!
- Toontown Trivia Extravaganza! -- 1:30PM - 2:30PM
- Main Event Room
- Sign up at the Toontown Rewritten booth to participate in one final wacky game to wrap up ToonFest, and prove that you have what it takes to answer the ultimate question: “Are YOU Toon Enough?”
- Other Events and Excitement
- Toontown Tournament -- All Weekend
- Video Game Room
- At periodic points throughout the weekend, we'll be hosting events for the three categories of the . We'll give you more details when you see us at the Toontown booth and during Friday night's meetup.
- Bring Your Own Pie! -- Saturday Afternoon
- Outside Convention Center
- Last year, players surprised us by bringing some pies to hit Joey (Sir Max) with. This year, we're coming prepared. Bring on the pies!
- Virtual Reality Stations -- All Weekend
- Video Game Room
- As game designers, our team has had a particular interest in virtual reality. Unrelated to Toontown, you can stop by stations in the video game room to try out some hand-picked games for the HTC Vive, including a game from one of the companies that worked on Toontown, Schell Games!
- In addition to all of this exciting news, we're pleased to announce that the number of ticket sales from Toontown has more than doubled from last year! We're going to make sure that it's a weekend to remember.
- Until next time, we hope to see you at ToonFest!
Posted by The Toontown Team on June 2, 2016 02:00 PM
- Here on the team, we have quite a silly tradition!
- For some of us, it's more like a bit of superstition.
- Whenever we talk about the future, we do it in rhymes.
- This one's even better than the last .
- What news do we have? Well, didn't you hear?
- Toontown is turning thirteen this year!
- A long time ago, on June 2nd, 2003:
- Toontown opened up for players like you and like me!
- While Toontown Rewritten isn't nearly as old,
- Two years ago, today, .
- We added on to that excitement, back in 2015,
- With came announcements worthy to scream!
- This year's quite special, quite special indeed.
- , for all who follow toon creed.
- To add onto that, there's the annual ToonFest in September.
- We promise you it'll be a party to remember.
- We can't wait to tell you all that's in store.
- But for now, let's celebrate, with parties galore!
- Be on the look out for our town's Toon Troopers.
- They'll be roaming among the fireworks with their big ice cream scoopers!
- Aside from the Toon-Up their ice cream will give,
- They'll be throwing jellybeans! How else would a toon live?
- Just you wait and see what else we've got in store.
- (What Alec Tinn's been conjuring certainly won't be a bore.)
- The summer's on! Just you wait and see...
- All of the many Toontastic things for you and for me.
- In the meantime, we hope that this day is filled with good cheer.
- And even more so, we hope you're ready for the ToonFests this year!
Posted by The Toontown Team on June 10, 2016 06:00 AM
- It's time to kick off the OMG!Con weekend! For those who are coming, we can't wait for you guys to get here and party with us! And for those who can't, we have some things in store for you too...
- To best stay updated with us over the weekend, check out our , , or most of all -- Snapchat (Add us with the username "ToontownTV"), where we'll be making frequent posts with all the happenings this side of the Tooniverse.
- In addition to the Toontown postcard that they'll receive when getting their OMG!Con tickets, we even have arranged our very own Toontown-themed Snapchat filters for all convention attendees to use! If you have any friends who are attending, you may just see it in use. We'll certainly be using it!
- Now, another exciting announcement for the weekend for those Toons watching from home -- we haven't forgotten about you! The Resistance Rangers have been scrambled, and will be running around all weekend to help you out as you participate in the ToonFest's Top Toons event!
- The Top Toons event will start at 12:00PM Toontown Time today, and end at the same time on Sunday. At the end of those 48 hours, the Toons who have kept the most Cogs and most Cog Buildings out of Toontown will receive a special shirt and some of the exclusive items given only to people who attend OMG!Con.
- Finally, we have one more small thing in store for you. You can grab some awesome OMG!Con items by typing the code "omgcon2016" into your Shticker Book after the next update. We'll let you know when it's live!
- We have a lot of exciting things in store for you. Get ready for the most TOONTASTIC weekend of the year on this side of the Tooniverse!
Posted by The Toontown Team on June 11, 2016 06:00 AM
- Welcome to the first OMG!Con Daily Update! We are providing updates as often as we can to keep you informed on what's happening here in Owensboro. We'll also be including information about upcoming convention attractions at the end of each post. Without further ado, we give you the first day of ToonFest at OMG!Con 2016!
- Player Shoutouts!
- We've had a busy day here at ToonFest. We've been meeting players from all over the country, and they've been bringing some amazing stuff!
- • Danny, or as he's known in game, Fluffy, brought some amazing paper doodle toys that he made himself.
- • Tyler also brought us some pretty cool stuff, showing off his collection of original Toontown trading cards and he even let us place his Toontown CD Case on display!
- • Daniel, who goes by Min in-game, made some toontastic models of in-game items! His Jellybean Jar Backpack and various gags really blew us away.
- • Josh, or Cool Jeeperflip, also brought in some original Toontown Trading cards and left us dumbfounded by asking us to sign them. What an honor!
- A big thank you to all four of these awesome guys who serve as excellent examples of Toon spirit!
- Games Galore
- In addition to the various Toontown items that have been brought to life, gamers have been experiencing the digital world as well! Players from all walks of life have been logging on to play Toontown together. From gardening, to boss battles, to chatting in Toontown Central, a myriad of attendees have been partaking in the magical experience of playing Toontown in person with players just like them.
- The Toontastic Golf Tournament
- Towards the end of the evening, attendees competed in a rousing golf tournament. It took some patience, but four players proved that they had what it takes to be the most "Toon Enough" golfers in town. Susie came in first place, Kelly came in second place, Cait came in third place, and Camren came in fourth place. Major props to all of them for taming the who refuse to .
- There are many more competitions to come! The next in-game competition will be a Racing Tournament, which will take place on Saturday from 6 PM to 8 PM. If you haven't yet signed up, make sure you drop by the Toontown Rewritten table in the Video Game Room of the convention center and talk to a staff member.
- Ending the Night
- To conclude the day, we held a team meet up on the second floor of the convention center. We were privileged to sign a wide array of Toontown related merchandise, answer fan questions, and talk a lot about all things Toontown! It's been a phenomenal experience so far. We are overwhelmed by the love and support from those who play the game and we are eager to discuss all the things we have in store!
- What's Coming Up?
- We have two panels coming up on Saturday, which is by far the most jam-packed day of the weekend.
- • The first panel is our main event, ToonFest, where we'll talk about upcoming content and having a Q&A session afterward. This panel will take place from 11 AM to 12:30 PM. Check out our YouTube channel shortly after this panel is over.
- • The second panel, Rewriting Toontown: From Players to Game Designers, will feature personal stories from staff members about the beginnings of Toontown Rewritten and piecing together the game that you see today. This panel will take place from 2:30 PM to 3:30 PM.
- • The third major event of the day will test the might of Sir Max's real life alter-ego, Joey, where he will be struck in the face with high quality pies brought in by our players! This will occur shortly after the second panel.
- • The fourth event will be the aforementioned racing tournament, taking place from 6 PM to 8 PM.
- Thank you to all the fans who have come out to meet us so far! We'll be at the table bright and early tomorrow, and we can't wait to meet more of you. Make sure to stop on by! To those back home -- we'll see you again soon!
- As always, the best of our photos can be found on the Toontown Rewritten Snapchat as well as our social media websites after the weekend is over.
Posted by The Toontown Team on June 13, 2016 06:00 AM
- Welcome to the second installment of the OMG!Con Daily Updates! Apologies for bringing it to you a day late, but the excitement of ToonFest proved to take us longer to wrap up than we expected! This post is going to update you once again on all the toontastic things happening here in Owensboro.
- Here's what happened on the second day of ToonFest at OMG!Con 2016!
- Player Shoutouts
- • Laura came clad head to toe in a Resistance Ranger uniform! We gaped in awe and wonder at the majesty of the unform come to life. If there's an image that defines toontastic, you're looking at it!
- • Katie, also known as Brown Mouse, came in a custom made shirt that featured an OMG!Con pocket, a pile of gags, and a model of her Toon's head on the back. We learned that she's been playing for quite a while and it's all because her aunt introduced the game to the family!
- • The Soundless Cult is a group of players who were adorned in matching shirts. They were representatives of a larger community of soundless members who have banded together to beat cogs and fight boarding group discrimination. What a powerful example of teamwork in the spirit of the Toon Resistance! You go guys!
- Toontown's ToonFest
- On Saturday we held our first and most exciting panel of the weekend, ToonFest. The panel featured our art director, Roxana, also known as Boo Boo; the brains behind Toontown Rewritten, Sam, also known as Shockley; the programmer and virtual reality extraordinaire, Aidan, also known as Hawkheart; the renowned system administrator and technical operator, Jeremy, also known as Fat McStink; the unconventional convention planner, Jacob, also known as Weird Wacko; and the illustrious real life alter-ego for Sir Max and Community Manager, Joey!
- After the announcement that our had reached 100,000 views just this week, the team also debuted a brand new advertisement shown for the first time to the attendees of ToonFest 2016.
- Afterwards, the panelists walked us through updates on Toontown Retextured, Toontown Rerigged (a new project!), Toontown and Virtual Reality, as well as many behind the scenes looks at the development of the game.
- The panel featured several looks at concept art, behind the scenes, and other goodies that will be available on the full recording after the event is over on the . Here are some quick behind the scenes facts to tide you over till you can watch it for yourself!
- • The main location for the in-game September ToonFest event was originally planned to be on top of a hill.
- • Confetti and Jellybean cannons were originally features we wanted to incorporate as a part of the ToonFest Event Area. Joey also hinted at them maybe making an appearance in the future. Stay TOONed!
- • Riggy Marole has a unique head shape. The model for his head is different than that of any other rabbit!
- • The texture artist responsible for all the new clothing items and accessories that you see in game is Maya, aka Slate Blue Rabbit, who traveled all the way from Israel to join us at ToonFest
- The Big Unveiling
- Much like Storm Sellbot's announcement last year, this year our panel came with a rather big announcement. This year, Toontown Rewritten will be holding its very first Toon Species Election.
- While Alec Tinn, our eccentric elector, is still working out all of the nitty gritty details, the beginning of the election will start with you guys -- the players -- nominating new species' for Toons that you would like to see in Toontown. Stay TOONed to our blog for more updates on the Species Election. We'll be posting more info later on down the road on how the nominations and the election itself will work.
- Jesse Schellivision
- Just like last year, the original creator of Disney's Toontown Online, Jesse Schell, was gracious enough to answer some questions from the players of Toontown Rewritten. We asked you all to submit your questions to us and boy did you deliver! If your question was answered during the video, you will be contacted by TTR Staff with details about receiving your prize pack!
- Thanks everyone for all the awesome questions! Jesse's responses won't disappoint.
- New Accessories
- Codes for new, exclusive, accessories have been released for those who picked up one of the cards at OMG!Con. Don't worry though, even if you aren't able to attend OMG!Con, you wont be missing out. There are some awesome new accessories available to you as well that you'll be able to grab by inputting the code "omgcon2016". These codes are not in the game yet, but once they are, we'll let you know!
- Racing Tournament
- Late in the evening we held a racing tournament where 43 players battled it out for medals, trophies, and prestige. Competition was fierce! Players were neck and neck the whole way through, especially in the final three races. However, in the end, four of the best racers Toontown has to offer claimed victory.
- In 4th place was Renee, also known as Colonel Cog Defeater; in 3rd place was Jacob, also known as Renderer, in 2nd place was Gianluca, also known as Comet; in 1st place is Eric, also known as Little Wacko Fumbledorf. Major props to you guys on your excellent racing skills!
- From Players to Game Designers
- In the mid-afternoon we held our second panel for this year where we discussed a bit of the history behind Toontown Rewritten, telling personal stories about joining the team, setting up major events, and answering a lot of fan questions.
- The panel featured Roxana, Aidan, Sam, Joey, and Jeremy from the previous panel, as well as three new additions: Yorke, our lead musical composer; Eric, one of our Support leads; and Chris, one of support and moderation team members.
- This panel, just like our other videos, will be available on the Toontown Rewritten YouTube Channel once the convention is over.
- Sir Max Gets Pied!
- In a valiant -- and successful -- effort to prove he isn't a cog, Sir Max's equally wacky and fearless alter-ego, Joey, challenged people to a pie throwing and a pie eating contest. However, it was the fans that were doing the throwing and him that was doing the eating!
- By the end of the ordeal, Joey had been hit with over fifteen pies of various flavors! That's quite a lot more than the three he was hit with last year. Since no cog can withstand such a powerful joke, we're confident in saying that Joey is, in fact, quite "Toon Enough".
- What's Coming Up?
- While OMG!Con might be over, the next blog post will feature highlights from what happened on here in Owensboro on June 12th. We'll wrap that all up for you as soon as possible - as well as provide you with videos from the exciting weekend!
Posted by The Toontown Team on June 16, 2016 06:00 AM
- Welcome to the third installment of our OMG!Con Update series! We may have been a bit ambitious when calling this series a "daily" update. Between the craziness of the convention, and the time it takes to travel back home without any Portable Holes, this post ended up being delayed. Sorry about that!
- Nevertheless, this post will still be bringing you information about all the awesome things that happened at ToonFest on Sunday.
- Player Shoutouts
- Princess Hulagadget, the maker of video (an honorable mention in the Toontown Shorts contest!), showed up all three days of the convention. We loved her energetic personality! You are one cool cat!
- There were some really amazing Toon Cosplays. Photos below feature the ValenToons Rabbit and The Rainbow Skirt Twins!
- Brad, who was one of the ones who started the tradition of pieing Joey last year, returned this year with more pie than ever before. Your delicious contribution to ToonFest is deeply appreciated!
- Trolley Tournament
- Early in the day, players competed in a Trolley Games tournament. One of the major highlights of the tournament was the race game. With staff members having to station themselves between players so that dice picks were kept hidden, and the struggle between choosing a rush to the end strategy or slow and steady, everyone was on edge. When one player hit a wild card space and was sent straight to the finish line, the crowd erupted with a noise unlike any previously heard from a crowd of Toons. We were even louder than the Nintendo tournament next to us!
- The Cannon Game was also especially tense. Every player was sure that each shot would be the winning one, so each cannon blast came with a great deal of anticipation. After it was all over, four players claimed victory!
- In fourth place was Jacob D., also known as Renderer; in third place was Alyson J., also known as Indicium; in second place was Nick R., also known as Ooowoo; in first place was Sean O., also known as Harvey G. Congratulations to these four winners! Your skills are truly a superb display of Toonsmanship!
- Toontown Trivia Extravaganza
- Our third and final panel of the convention was a trivia game! Four teams of four battled against each other to prove their knowledge of Toontown. Each game had three rounds -- easy, medium, and hard -- featuring five questions each. The harder the question, the more points it was worth! The panel featured such questions as "What type of Cog found on streets does the most collective damage?" or "What is the jellybean combination for Summer's Last Rose?" The competition was fierce!
- Towards the end of the panel, we entered into our "Lightning Round" where games only consisted of the 5 hard questions featured in the hardest rounds. Many Toons walked away with an exclusive Toontown poster for showing their knowledge of the town! You guys know your stuff!
- It Hurts to Say Goodbye
- As the convention came to a close, Toons from all over the world said goodbye to one another. We hate to say it, but many tears were shed. Our time in Owensboro had filled our laff meters up to bursting, and they had overflown with points a plenty. Had Loony Labs been there to monitor the fluctuations, I'm certain they would've found a great many anomalies with the mailboxes and fire hydrants outside.
- It was sad, yes, but we now have many happy memories as a result, to help fill our meters up again for years to come. Thank you to ALL players who were able to join us for ToonFest 2016, and to those who followed along withus!
- Make sure to join us for one final OMG!Con update in the next few days once we've uploaded all of the footage and pictures for the weekend.
- Stay up to date on , , , , and to see the latest stuff before it gets to our blog.
Posted by The Toontown Team on June 30, 2016 06:00 AM
- At long last, the month of June has come to a close and we've wrapped up all of our many piles of pictures from ToonFest at OMG!Con 2016. We'd like to thank everyone so much for supporting us through this big step in Toontown Rewritten's lifespan. Whether you came out to see us or followed along online, we really hop you enjoyed it!
- Here is a final summary of the entire weekend, including some videos that we didn't get the chance to show you previously and the ToonFest Top Toon Winners! You can also check out any of our social media platforms which all have exclusive content that has been posted from the event.
- Now, at long last, here's the remaining things we'd like to show you from ToonFest at OMG!Con 2016!
- Full Panel: ToonFest
- Our first, longest, largest, and most TOONTASTIC panel from OMG!Con is right here for you to view in its full glory. Over 500 people were in the audience, and if you're "Toon Enough" for the task you'll love to hear about the exciting inside scoop that the team shared.
- Full Panel: Rewriting Toontown
- Ever wondered how Toontown Rewritten came to be? Join Jeremy and the rest of the team as they talk about how our team went from "Players to Game Designers", as well as answer any leftover questions from the first panel.
- Activity: Sir Max Gets Pied!
- We told you all about the many, many pies that Joey ("Sir Max") received at ToonFest - but check out this video to see it for yourself! Don't worry, he's gotten all of the pie out of his ears by now.
- Social Media Exclusives!
- As always, we've been posting exclusive updates and photos to , , , and Snapchat (ToontownTV) with all sorts of exciting things from the weekend.
- We've also added , , and (Better known as "Toonblr" by our community) into our social circles! Follow them all to stay updated with Toontown wherever you are, and to help spread the word of the Tooniverse across the universe!
- Here are some quick links to help you navigate to OMG!Con content:
- ToonFest's Top Toons
- Throughout the weekend, we hosted a Top Toon contest for those unable to attend OMG!Con to fight off the Cogs throughout the weekend. We needed some extra help while the Toon Council was away, you know!
- These winners will receive the Top Toons shirt displayed to the right.
- And Finally... YOUR Exclusive Items!
- You all have been incredible patient with us as we worked on our newest update to the game, which was originally scheduled to debut the weekend of OMG!Con to bring along those awesome items you've been waiting for. At long last, this update will be going out!
- Another blog post will arrive as soon as the update is completed with full details on how to redeem your items, but here's a sneak peak for you:
- Thank you all once again for tagging along with us on this incredible journey to ToonFest! Now that we've tied up all of our loose ends, it's time to jump back into the Tooniverse and put our focus back into the game rather than all of the celebrations surrounding it.
- We know you'll be excited to see what the rest of the summer has in store. Welcome back to Toontown -- we'll see you again soon!
Posted by Sir Max on July 1, 2016 12:45 PM
- On any other Thursday evening, I wouldn't be wanting to write a blog post this late -- let alone two in one day! (These posts are often written the day before, you know. I'm talking to you from THE PAST! Scary.) Let me tell you Toons, though, today is a day where it's worth it. This list of changes is BIG, and I get to tell you all about it!
- I've told the other Toon Troopers that the Toontown Blog is like my very own baby. That is, in the sense that it is always the most demanding of me when I'd much rather be sleeping. But I certainly wasn't going to pass up on the opportunity to write about the many new tweaks that have been created for Toontown!
- To start it off, Loony Labs has implemented a very sophisticated addition to their Toon T.A.G.S. (Totally Awesome Graphic Simulations) called Toon IDs. When you access the Toon Detail Panel, you'll be able to see a special phrase that is unique to every Toon.
- For example, there's plenty of Sir Max's around town, but how would you know which one is the real deal?
- If their Toon ID isn't "TTID-FPJB-THHD" -- chances are you're dealing with one of my many clones! Err, minions! Err... The point is I definitely didn't break into Loony Labs while I was bored and create a bunch of copies of myself.
- As for those of you who are more into the style around town, we've got something for you too: The items from OMG!Con have been officially released by our tailors, and you can get two exclusive backpacks (non-stuffed versions) by using the code "omgcon2016" in your Shtickerbook until August 1st.
- Likewise, if you attended OMG!Con, the exclusive code you picked up can be used to redeem two even more exclusive backpacks (stuffed versions). We hope you like them! You certainly deserve them for coming out to see us.
- There's much much MUCH more in store for you, but it's much much MUCH too late for me to be writing so many paragraphs about it! Check out the full list of changes above, and let us know what you think of the latest set of Tweaks to Toontown!
Posted by The Toontown Team on July 2, 2016 02:00 PM
- It's that time of year again! The convention may be over, but you know we love spoiling our players. We ordered an excess of merchandise this year, which means even those who couldn't attend can get real world, "out-of-Tooniverse" Toontown stuff, for absolutely FREE!
- Getting a Toontown Member Mailer is as simple as putting a stamp on an envelope -- if you pay for the postage, we'll pay for the merchandise out of our own pockets!
- It's our solution to give those neat looking Trading Cards to all members of Toontown, and you can participate from almost anywhere in the world.
- It's easy as a slice of pie to do. Last year, our member mailers were a hit as we sent and received hundreds and HUNDREDS of them. Act now, because to make sure you get your mailer you need to have it postmarked by July 31st!
- If you missed out on last year's mailers, don't sweat it -- it's never too late to start a collection. This is only our second round, after all. In addition to the trading cards, you'll get a specially-made post card straight from Flippy, too.
- While it's not required in any way, we would love to hear from you in your mailer. Feel free to include a letter, fanart, or just a slip of paper that says "Hello!", as we go through each and every piece of mail that we get. You may even see your work end up on our blog in the future!
- You can learn more about the Toontown Member Mailer program over on our , and don't forget to ask a parent before participating. Enjoy!
Posted by Sir Max on July 4, 2016 02:00 PM
- Oh, say, can you see? No, I mean really -- can you see my firework cannons anywhere? It seems like McQuack hid them from me again. Oof, every Fourth of July gets harder to put on because of his shenanigans. It's like he thinks he has reason to be scared of explosions!
- Now, with the Toontown Summer Festivities in full swing, it's just only logical for me to break out the firework cannons. If not now, when would it be? Besides, we're going to need a big show to prepare for the upcoming events.
- In just four days we've already got a bunch of , for all members, and a Firework Extravaganza of massive proportions -- and who knows what great things are coming next! Well, I know, but I can't exactly let you in on that secret without risking my job.
- Oh, say! I just got a whisper from McQuack. Looks like he read what I said earlier. He says: "I have to not only be , but by explosions that you have caused, which I've listed in the order of their impact on my physical well-being. You're never getting those firework cannons back!"
- Don't mind him, he's just a drama queen. Err, duck. Nonetheless, the show must go on! I'll just have to cook up some of my own homemade fireworks that I made in Chemistry class. It wasn't really part of curriculum. He'll like those.
- Enjoy the show, Toontown! Fireworks will be launching every hour until 12:00AM on July 7th, Toontown time (PST).
- P.S. -- For those of you still waiting to get into the game after the big update, we recommend checking out our social media sites for the latest updates and news on getting you back into Toontown. It won't be too long now. We're working hard, even on the holidays!
Posted by Sir Max on July 15, 2016 09:00 AM
- I have to apologize to you Toons for not keeping up with you as quickly after the fireworks were over. After the sky explosions came to an end, I decided to hit the gym for a work out! Okay, okay, you caught me -- it was a Pokémon™ GO gym. I get a week of vacation too, you know!
- Annnnnnnnywho, I'm afraid that this post isn't announcing anything quite so big like , or the -- two major announcements that we kicked off the month with. Instead, now that the dust has settled, we want to hear from you: What do YOU think of the latest changes and happenings in Toontown?
- The team is hard at work on many tasks right now: Getting our Mac and Linux players back into town, working away on the upcoming ToonFest event (You're going to love it!), finishing up some upcoming releases, figuring out what our next tweaks will be, and a bunch of TOP SECRET immensely exciting behind-the-scenes work. I would have to use the Loony Labs mind erasing machine on the spot if I told you about it!
- While they work on all of that, we want your feedback on the latest and greatest things going on in Toontown: Did you like the last update? What kind of stuff do you want to see at ToonFest? Are there any tweaks we missed out on that you're waiting to see? -- All of these questions, and more, will be answered by YOU on the next episode of... Oh, sorry. I got a bit carried away there.
- We hope you're having a TOONTASTIC summer, and make sure to keep your eye on the blog. Your feedback will help decide the Next News!
Posted by Fat McStink on July 18, 2016 09:00 AM
- Boy, Toons, have I got news for you. It took quite a lot longer than we wish that it would, but thanks to myself and the Toon Troopers, Toontown's Mac and Linux versions are now working and better than ever before!
- After hearing about our Mac and Linux launchers going out of order, I was heart-stricken. After all, since they were both launched , I couldn't let them lie in the dust!
- I enlisted the help of my pal Flapjack Thunderscreech, who helped launch the Linux Launcher (Try saying THAT five times fast), along with Shockley and even McQuack who put their best foot forward on fixing the issues. After many hours of work, sweat, sleep, and ice pops -- we were able to get it working!
- We know it's been tough having to deal with these issues, but we assure you the changes made were for the better. As an apology for the trouble you've been through, we've taken the weight off of your shoulders and put it onto your head by giving all Toons an early access item from ToonFest 2016 -- which wasn't meant to be available for over two months!
- Enter the code "weight-off-shoulders" by August 1st for the exclusive anvil accessory, and don't forget to use "omgcon2016" by the same date for those items. We're giving them out like madmen!
- When it comes to issues like this, it can be frustrating to work through them -- but our team works their hardest until it gets fixed. We wish we could express how unhappy we are when you Toons don't have a fun experience, and it took our entire tech team to make sure you could get back in as quickly as possible!
- Thank you for your patience as we introduced these major patches throughout July, and as always, make sure to contact if you have any persisting issues. It's our job to make sure you have fun!
Posted by Sir Max on July 19, 2016 07:00 PM
- Stop the presses! Someone call the President! Steve -- put down that sandwich and listen to me! As of today at 12PM Toontown time, Toontown has officially reached ONE MILLION members!
- This is a monumental step that we've been getting anxious for. We knew that we had a big turnout shortly after Toontown opened its doors, but it has grown bigger than ever with nearly 600,000 accounts created solely in the past year.
- To celebrate an occasion so monumental, we're going to need your help. With so many members on our side, we want your help in showing the rest of the world that we're truly "Toon Enough".
- Tomorrow starting at 2PM Toontown Time (PST), we're asking you to send out a tweet, status update, picture, or any other social media post using #ToonEnough to spread news from the Tooniverse across the universe!
- By sending out a message on , , , or by 8PM Toontown Time, you'll be automatically entered to win an exclusive Toontown poster that will be mailed straight to your door. There are only 100 in existence!
- Your post can be about anything Toontown related -- and you can post as many times as you want to have higher chances of winning! That doesn't mean you can go and spam #ToonEnough every minute - but it does mean you can share all sorts of screenshots, pictures, stories, and excitement throughout the day to keep the celebration going.
- Thank you all so much for getting us where we are today. Now let's go out and spread the news around the world that we're TOON ENOUGH!
Posted by The Toontown Team on July 25, 2016 12:00 PM
- There's just one week left to grab a one-of-a-kind , and we want to make sure you don't miss out! This year's mailers contain three new trading cards from Series 4, as well as an official Toontown Postcard straight from Flippy himself.
- To guarantee getting your mailer, you'll need to have your envelope postmarked by July 31st. We've already sent out hundreds, and we would love to send out more as a thank-you to our many players!
- If you've already gotten your Toontown Member Mailer, we want to see it! Post it on our Facebook page, send us a Tweet, or tag it with #ToonEnough to share a cool picture of your brand-new merchandise.
- Say, speaking of #ToonEnough -- we ran a giveaway last week in celebration of reaching ONE MILLION players. The campaign was a huge success as we reached thousands of people to spread the word about Toontown!
- One lucky Tweeter, @BriWood15, posted a picture of one of the old Toontown Member Mailers that Disney used to send out. Their post was the one that was randomly selected in our drawing, which means we'll be sending an exclusive Toontown poster straight to them. Make sure to send a "Congrats" for winning!
- The giveaway was a huge success, so you can be assured that we'll be doing it again. If you missed out or are bummed that you didn't get the poster, be patient and you'll have another opportunity!
- Thanks for the support, Toons. As always, have fun in Toontown!
Posted by The Toontown Team on August 8, 2016 02:00 PM
- Have you registered to vote yet? Got your heart set on a candidate? Completed any research? It's coming up quick, you know! -- We're not talking about the Presidential election, either. We're talking about the one and only Toontown Species Election.
- After announcing that our eccentric elector, Alec Tinn, would be returning to Toontown to host yet another election (one that will hopefully end up with a much more pleasant outcome than our ) Toontown has just been bustling with the news.
- While Alec is still getting his preparations -- well, prepared -- it's time to spill the beans on what this event is all about!
- What's Happening Here?
- Throughout Toontown's history, every few years the developers of the game would allow players to vote on a new species to be put in as a playable character. First introduced was monkey, then bear, and then pig. For the first time since 2007, this event is BACK!
- When Can I Vote?
- We've put some rough dates together to show what to expect over the next few months as we hustle and bustle into this big vote. These are just anticipated time frames -- but ultimately it depends on how quickly Alec can count those votes!
- Nominations will open! Players can nominate any species to participate in the election, as long as it follows our guidelines which will be posted ahead of time. YOU get to have full control of the new species that may enter Toontown!
- Our candidates will be announced based off of the most popular nominations. Just in time for ToonFest!
- Several candidates will be eliminated as the next round of voting continues. We're getting closer and closer to the big one!
- Two species will battle head-to-head for your vote in the Toontown Species Election. Only one will make the cut, but the other certainly won't go down without a good pie fight!
- Early 2017
- After our species is chosen, our developers will get to work on bringing it to life and involving you players each step of the way. Models must be made, sound effects recorded, and programming performed to get these new animals up and running. The day of their release will be a celebration to remember!
- We hope that you're as excited as we are to get started on this big event. Don't worry, we have plenty of tricks up our sleeve to make it entertaining. Put those thinking caps on, because the nominations are starting up soon.
- As Flippy always says, stay TOONed!
Posted by Sir Max on August 12, 2016 06:00 PM
- Welcome to Ask Toontown, a brand new segment for our blog where YOU get to decide the content! We've asked our followers over on Twitter to send in questions for our first guest, the one and only Sir Max, who has chosen a bunch to answer.
- Follow us on , , or to stay up to date on future opportunities to have your questions answered by a Toon on the blog!
- A Word From Sir Max
- HEY THERE, Toontown! I knew I'd finally get my chance for the spotlight.
- As manager of the Toontown blog, it was of course my own idea to start up a "Ask Toontown" segment to try and better keep in touch with the Toons of the town, as some of you have asked us to do. I proposed it to the Toon Council, and suddenly I get the bright idea: "Who's a better first guest than myself?" -- so I sent a letter to my agent to see if I was available and the rest is history.
- Let's check out some questions, shall we?
- Questions and Answers
- #AskToontown Sir Max, why are you called Sir Max, if your owner's name is Joey? and why a green dog? o:
- — Corgi Kitten (@GirlinACatSuit)
- Where did the name Sir Max come from #AskToontown
- — JakeToontown (@JakeToontown)
- Now that's an easy one. My first name is Sir, and my last name is Max. Or was it the other way around? There might even be a "Douglas" thrown in there.
- You know, I kind of like the sound of that. "Sir Douglas Max."
- #AskToontown This far, what was the most challenging thing to release to players?
- — steph (@pxnsy)
- Doodles. One day! In terms of content already released, I'd say ToonFest. It was a tough thing to finish in under a month.
- #asktoontown the when are doodles being implemented?
- — Endersurfer (@Endersurfer_)
- The when they are ready, of course!
- Note from the TTR Team: Doodles are tough, because we need to figure out how to implement them without bogging down the rest of the game. No one wants more lag! At the same time, it's tough to work on that implementation while trying to keep you guys entertained with other content.
- #AskToontown Do you actually fix bugs?
- — Coach Ace (@CoachAce7)
- Fixing bugs? That's something I do plenty of as a Toon Trooper. The grey zone glitches, animation bugs, and many a game crash were the result of my handiwork on fixing bugs. Butterflies, though? I won't get anywhere near those things. Don't get me started on butterflies.
- When are parties coming and will there be more activities with them? #AskToontown
- — Magical Crocodile (@toonloid)
- Parties used to be here in Toontown after Fat McStink introduced them during alpha, but due to a number of safety code violations which resulted in some crashes (Heh, get it, because -- ah never mind.) they were temporarily removed.
- Recently, our pal Hawkheart has been rebuilding them with much better purpose in mind, and there's only two major steps left to complete them. They won't be releasing with new activities, but they will be releasing fairly soon with full stability. I wouldn't be surprised if we see some new activities in the future, too!
- #AskToontown Who kidnapped my brother?
- — Boredmations (@Sonicyay4)
- The butler did it -- at least that's what they want you to think. The real plot twist is that it was YOU all along! I'm onto you, Boredmations. Don't think for a second that you're getting away with this.
- #AskToontown Can you describe the upcoming things being released in the future in 3 words?
- — steph (@pxnsy)
- Three words, eh? -- NO wait, that doesn't count. Let's try this again: Lettuce. Tomato. Onion. -- OOF, no, sorry -- Big. Pink. Cookie. -- Now I'm just spouting off my dinner order. What was it...? -- Parties, Tweaks, ToonFest. -- No no, that can't be it. I give up.
- #AskToontown How does it feel to have over a million users?
- — Zoee Holt (@Theflashlover1)
- Like a million bucks! Not all of our bucks are male, though, so probably more like half of a million bucks. And none of our Toon species are deer, so I'd say we have exactly zero bucks. What were we talking about again?
- #Asktoontown What are some of the upcoming plans for this year's Toonfest?
- — LuckyTheBlackCat_TTR (@WarOfTheShadows)
- Riggy Marole is back, and he's bringing some friends with him to join his ToonFest team alongside the Token Takers. Ever year we've built upon ToonFest to add more things to do, and this one is going to be the most fun yet. In fact, that's what I'm currently working on with the other Toon Troopers.
- We have ToonFest every year so that we can add small little additions to keep you occupied while we work on the big stuff. So even if we added absolutely nothing to Toontown for an entire year -- you can still count on there being something new at ToonFest to keep you entertained.
- #AskToontown where is WASD support? People with Mech keyboards like the Pok3r or HHKB will have trouble playing without it .-.
- — RealToonGaming (@RealToonGaming)
- That's a feature that I was working on pretty recently. I want it as much as you do - look for it in the near future of tweaks.
- #AskToontown INFORMATION ON PARTIES?!?!?!
- — TTR Player (@ttr_player)
- Don't scare me like that. You know I don't do well under pressure. Anyway, the answer is green apple. The question was about smarties, right? Or was it Marty's...
- Was Slappy's capture an inside job? #AskToontown
- — zttr @zttr420
- I believe that Slappy was captured outside.
- Bonus Questions!
- These questions were asked outside of the time allotment, but hey, I'm a rulebreaker too. Let's answer some!
- #AskToontown When will there be an official fix for Mac audio and the game itself? I've been waiting, please answer ASAP! :)
- — MasterSimchaGutnicki (@SimchaGutnicki)
- It's coming soon. Fat McStink, the fellow who manages Mac, has been busy with some sort of... Intermediate-ship? Something like that. I'm not quite sure what it is, but I think it's because he's short. As long as that yellow bar is at the top of our website, though, it's a priority for fixing.
- #AskToontown I know I am possibly late, but I have one question. What if some of us artists were allowed to make customizable shirts/shorts?
- — cierra (@tum_blrite)
- If you email the designs to us and give us permission to use them in-game, you may end up seeing them -- or even a recreation by one of our own artists. We also encourage you to apply to be an artist for the team!
- How big is toontown exactly? #asktoontown
- — Deputy Gulliver (@deputygulliver)
- This big. I'm showing how big the town is right now, but you can't see because this is just text on a screen. You'll have to trust me on this one.
- #AskToontown how long does it usually take to implement a new feature in the game?
- — Antonio M. (@ToontownMaster)
- Often times it will take months of hard work from multiple programmers, artists, and play testers. It's no easy task!
- #AskToontown why was i late
- — an tomato (@KetchupToontown)
- Probably because you weren't , or didn't have tweet notifications enabled to hear whenever something is going on in Toontown. Our social media pages deliver exclusive content and opportunities like the questions here, so I recommend checking all of them out!
- Now that I'm done with the shameless plug, I think that wraps up this edition of Ask Toontown.
- Feel free to keep asking me questions via email or social media and I'll try my best to answer them, and let us know in the comments which Toon you want to answer questions next!
Posted by The Toontown Team on August 20, 2016 02:00 PM
- Whether a new Toon or old, chances are you've heard the talk around town about a certain upcoming event in our town. Three years ago to this very day, Disney announced that Toontown Online was going to be closing. And , we announced that we were opening it up again for everyone.
- On September 19th, we're starting up the most TOONTASTIC celebration of the year: ToonFest!
- What is ToonFest?
- ToonFest, based on the name of Disney's real-life Toontown party at Disneyland and Disney World, is the annual celebration of all things Toontown! It's time to take a break from the Cog battles, make some new friends, and play some fun games while we think about how far we've come.
- This year also marked the monumental second , which isn't to be confused with the annual in-game ToonFest celebration. Every year, we will hope to have one real-life ToonFest to kick off the summer and Toontown's birthday, followed by the larger in-game ToonFest to wrap it all up with Toontown Rewritten's birthday -- which is what we're doing now!
- What happens at ToonFest?
- On September 19th, the official ToonFest celebration kicks off and we'll start telling you all about the Toontastic new gameplay that we'll be releasing throughout the event. Last year we built upon the ToonFest area with all sorts of new interactive content.
- Here's a little synopsis of everything that last year's celebration had to offer!
- • Over in Acorn Acres, you can enter the ToonFest party grounds to join the fun.
- • Enter the most awesome area in Toontown with the giant Merry-go-Round, (Jelly) Bean Bags, and plenty of activities to keep you occupied while chatting up with friends.
- • A grand fireworks spectacular lights up the sky every three hours, and if you come a bit early you'll be able to catch the sunset.
- • Earn "ToonFest Tokens" to buy special items, accessories, and even a unique Toon color -- only available once per year!
- What's new this year?
- You don't think we'll just spill our secrets, do you? You'll have to wait until the event to learn what exciting additions we're making to the event! We can tell you that we've listened to your suggestions and ideas, and this year there's bound to be something for every type of player to get involved with the celebration.
- In addition to our Backstage Toontown posts to lead up to the event, you'll also get the chance to participate in a lot of new plans we have for social media giveaways and events such as last weeks "Ask Toontown" segment.
- There's never been a better time to follow along with us on our social platforms, which we've linked here: , , , , , , and Snapchat (ToontownTV)
- What is there to celebrate?
- Toontown Rewritten has come a long way since we first announced the game two years ago, and every year it's getting better! We like to use this post to announce some exciting numbers about the game:
- Toontown has:
- • A peak population of 6,134 Toons
- • Over 250,000 Cogs crushed daily
- • ...And the most TOONTASTIC fans in the Tooniverse who have gotten us here!
- ToonFest is back, bigger, and better than ever. But before you put on your party hat and hop on the hype train, we need you to tell us one single thing:
- Are YOU Toon Enough?
Posted by The Toontown Team on August 28, 2016 02:00 PM
- Hello, Toons! Welcome back to the Toontown Rewritten backstage column. My name is Aidan, though you probably know me better as Hawkheart, the .
- As a programmer for Toontown Rewritten, I work on making all of your favorite game features... work! I'm here today to tell you all about what I'm working on right now...
- "Is that what those Party Hats are for?"
- Plenty of you already know very well what these Toon Parties are all about, but let us give you a little refresher for those who haven't played them before. And after all, it's been a least a few years since you have!
- With Toon Parties, you'll be able to spend Jellybeans to customize your very own area with all sorts of games and activities for your friends, or any players, to come and visit. From jukeboxes, to unique minigames, to firework shows -- there's a whole lot of fun ways to spend time in Toontown with them.
- The Technical Tidbits
- On the technical side, Toon Parties are basically made of two different parts: party planning, and parties themselves. Way back in alpha, when we released parties for the first time, all we released were parties themselves and the very simplest planning system possible. Back then, there were no private parties and if the servers were restarted, all of the planned parties disappeared!
- This time, the very first thing I worked on was party planning. I'm happy to report that party planning is (almost) complete! What does almost mean? Whenever I make something new, my first focus is to write a working first-draft of the feature. After that's done, I spend some time simplifying it -- and making it easier to expand and add new features in the future. So, when I say almost, I'm saying my first draft is complete.
- A Forthcoming Feature
- Now, you're probably asking yourself, "If they did parties the first time and party planning now, why aren't they done already?" which is a very good question. The answer has two parts. The first is that many of the party activities haven't been used since alpha, and may have been broken by changes made since then. Secondly, although there aren't many connections between the planning system and parties, there are still a few and those need to all be rewritten to work with the new systems.
- How do YOU party?
- Just like all of our updates to Toontown Rewritten, we like taking the existing content and building on it to make it even better -- most of which come from tweak suggestions by YOU!
- What kind of new features would you like to see in Toon Parties in the future? What if new areas could be bought? What kind of minigame would you want to play with your friends? And how big can these parties get, anyway?
- So, where does that leave us? As I mentioned earlier, the first draft of the party planning system is done. Currently, parties themselves are a work in progress. The only party activity that works right now is my favorite, the jukebox.
- I'm hoping to get everything finished fairly soon so that everyone can play with them, so stay TOONed, and have fun at ToonFest!
Posted by The Toontown Team on September 4, 2016 02:00 PM
- Hello, Toons of the world! It’s Kyla here, also known as "Cheesy" or "Beary Funny" inside the Tooniverse, ready to bring you an update on some of our most anticipated projects!
- Myself and another fellow team member, Mike ("Lost Hero"), are two of the many texture artists on the Toontown Rewritten team. We've worked on a lot of things in the past year, and today we're ready to share all about how we've been...
- Reviving Retextured
- Before we show off our work, let me just backtrack a few steps: Have you ever heard of Toontown Retextured? Just in case you haven’t heard, Toontown Retextured is a project where we completely "Toon-Up" the original Toontown graphics making them all sharp and sparking. Our aim is to create new textures that fit the high quality standards of modern-day games while still keeping the original look of Toontown. Yep, we bring out our magnifying glasses and pick out every mistake to ensure our versions are as accurate as they can be!
- In order to ensure all our textures are as accurate as possible, there's a highly intensive critique process to make sure everything looks like it came straight from Disney. After sharing our textures with the rest of the art team, everyone puts in their say about what looks right, what doesn't, and what little details could be added. Like they say, four eyes are better than two! Err... Six eyes are better than four? Bah, never mind.
- An average texture undergoes revisions about three times before being passed on to another artist, who can continue with the critiques until we all agree on an outcome. It's a lengthy process, but thanks to the careful eyes of our artists, we've been able to make the game look as if it was created today, rather than over 13 years ago.
- The Beautiful Brrrgh
- If you attended OMG!Con or checked out our panels, you got the chance to see The Brrrgh like no one has ever seen before in wonderful high definition. Mike and I were the main artists who contributed to this particular playground, and we got one of our fellow art team members, Ziggy, to put a little video together for you to see with your own eyes how much the difference between old and new can be. Check it out!
- A New Piece to the Project
- But wait a minute, that's not all we have for you. I'm here to announce another part of our Toontown Retextured project! Have you seen those cardboard cutouts of lamps and other props scattered around Toontown? They were added a long time ago due to the lack of beans (and processing power) to use real looking ones.
- In this day and age, however, using 2D images to represent a 3D object just doesn't happen thanks to how much better our computers have become. And because of this, we're going to be working to replace many of these 2D objects with 3D versions to make Toontown look even better than ever before.
- Jordan ("Capn' McCrunchy") and Justin ("Captain Lollipop"), two of our talented new 3D artists, have been hard at work on this. It's no simple task, either! Just like the texture artists, they undergo several critiques where every polygon is examined to make sure it's completely accurate to the original look of the game.
- The 3D modelers have it tough, though. They don’t have enough information to create a new object from! Looking at real world designs and other external resources are important, but they also get to incorporate their own vision of how it would look from all angles. Just because it looks pretty in one direction doesn’t always mean it will in another!
- Although Toontown Retextured will be an optional update (You can keep using the "classic" graphics if you so wish!) we want to ensure that what we put out is nothing less than what the original developers would have created themselves. There's no estimated date for this very large project to be released, but we'll always keep you updated right here on the blog when we have new news to share.
- Whew! Have I really been talking for that long? Golly, I should really wrap it up! I hope you all enjoyed having a glimpse into the work area of some of the artists on the team, and we hope to see you all at ToonFest!
Posted by Riggy Marole on September 13, 2016 02:00 PM
- Welcome back to another segment of Ask Toontown, where YOU get to decide the content! We've asked our followers over on Twitter and Facebook to send in questions for none other than , the host of ToonFest, who has chosen a bunch to answer!
- Follow us on , , or to stay up to date on future opportunities to have your questions answered by a Toon on the blog!
- A Word From Riggy
- I'm BACK, bucko's! I ain't seen the lot of you since ToonFest last year, and let me tell ya's, the Toon Council wouldn't have hired me as host again if I didn't have a whole shoe-full of these anticipatin' ideas to spruce up the "celebración de Toon" that we've got going on around here. HAH, you're gonna love 'em!
- Now it may just be the birds flyin' round my noggin again, but I've been hearing a lot of Tweets and Twitters in need of answerin'.
- Lucky for you, I've just finished eating an entire jar of Jellybeans -- with extra sugar, too! HAHAHA, let's get this questionnaire going!
- Questions and Answers
- Questions and answers are still work in progress.
Posted by The Toontown Team on September 16, 2016 02:00 PM
- Hello, you wacky animated animals! Andrew here, one of the 3D experts here on the team! You may also better know me as "Ziggy" or "Flippy Cheezer". I'm here to talk about an exciting topic for our team, our recent achievement of...
- Making Toons Tick
- "So, what in the world makes a Toon tick?"
- I'm glad you asked, mysterious voice in my head!
- In the Tooniverse, just about any action you perform is playing an animation. Is that Toon throwing a pie? That's an animation. That Cog getting splat in the face? An animation. Did it just explode? Another animation. Is the other Toon just standing around? Even THAT is an animation! These Toons, Cogs, and just about anything that uses an animation is called an "actor", which is quite a fitting name for our cartoon characters!
- "That's great Ziggy. Now how does it all work?"
- Another great question, me!
- Just like real actors, our Toon actors are comprised of a bunch of movable bones called "joints", which allow people and objects to move and bend in all sorts of fashion. Those of you at home with movable joints can try it out for yourselves!*
- *Warning: Moving may result in exercise.
- Animation for Actors
- "What does this got to do with animation, Ziggy?"
- Oh boy, are you in for a treat. It's got everything to do with animation!
- When real actors act something out, they have a script of what they need to say and do. Our Toons are just like that - they have scripts of what they need to do, but on a much more detailed level. Toons have a script that tells them where each and every joint should be posed for every frame. When these frames are played in sequence, the actor will look like it's moving!
- In our game, the FABULOUS Toontown Rewritten Engine has to calculate each and every joint for each and every frame of animation. However, the more frames it has to work, with and the more joints there are for each frame, the FABULOUS Toontown Rewritten Engine has to work even harder! Just like real animators, too, if the FABULOUS Toontown Rewritten Engine overworks itself, it will go on a strike! That means we have to be careful with our animations, to make sure they're optimized correctly and not causing unnecessary load on that would slow down your computer.
- As you can see, these animations are making up to be quite complex. They're even tailored for every individual actor. That means if a Cog gets an animation made for a Toon, for example, it'll look at it strangely and explode in a frenzy of nonsense. I kid you not about that last part!
- Putting it to Practice
- "But Ziggy, really, how do you make animation?"
- I'm getting to that, me. We had to cover the basics first!
- Our animators are like puppeteers that work in a magical puppet workshop called "Autodesk Maya". Before an animator can even make an animation, they have to make a puppet to use as our actor. Our Toons, however, were already created puppets -- and this is where things got tricky.
- Unless we wanted to completely redo every animation, in order to add new animations to Toontown we had to figure out exactly how these puppets were meant to be animated. Otherwise, everything falls apart! This is where our Toontown Rerigged project came into play, which we talked about during ToonFest at OMG!Con 2016. Yours truly has spent countless months researching those specific details, and sure enough, we've now reached the capability to add new animations for every Toon in Toontown.
- We've spent a lot of time creating a fine-TOONed "rig" (the puppet strings we use to animate) that will give us with the most creativity and efficiency to create awesome animations at a quick pace. It wasn't easy, but it's a process that will be worth it in the months to come!
- To wrap it all up, this whole explanation here means one simple thing: We're now able to put new animation into Toontown. Not just any animation, but quality animation! Amazing animation! Animation that won’t explode! (Not yet, at least.)
- Some of this new animation could be coming as soon as ToonFest, so keep your eyes peeled throughout the event and the weeks to follow it. With full control over the animation, art, and design of the game -- we're able to create brand new things that will really make Toontown shine.
- I hope you've enjoyed hearing about the details of how we've managed to Act Out Animation, and I hope to see you at ToonFest 2016!
Posted by The Toontown Team on September 17, 2016 02:00 PM
- Hey there, Toons, we're here to give you an update on Toontown Rewritten's upcoming third anniversary on September 19th!
- We've just learned that server maintenance beyond our control has prevented us from being able to open up the ToonFest grounds on September 19th, as we've done in years past. Rest assured, here in Toontown, we don't let that stop any sort of celebration.
- The ToonFest celebration for Toontown Rewritten's third anniversary will still begin on September 19th with the beginning of the widely-anticipated Toon Species Election, which was originally planned to take place later in the event. Once this maintenance period has ended in the days to follow, we'll be bringing Riggy Marole onto the stage to formally open the event grounds and get the REAL party started!
- To keep the party going, we'd love to see fan art, stories, music, and anything to show how YOU celebrate Toontown on September 19th by posting it on social media with "#ToonFest" -- we'll be following along right with you on , , , , , or Snapchat ("ToontownTV").
- We're sorry that we won't be able to get you into the ToonFest grounds sooner, but ToonFest will be going on up until October 19th -- meaning there's plenty of time to collect those coveted tokens!
- See you at ToonFest, and thank you for celebrating Toontown Rewritten with us!
Posted by The Toontown Team on September 19, 2016 06:00 AM
- Today marks the third anniversary of the day that a fateful band of players decided that they weren't ready to see an entire Tooniverse go to waste. It's been a long, crazy, journey -- and had you told us that we would be writing this post three years ago, we may not have believed you!
- Let us be the first to officially say, WELCOME to ToonFest 2016!
- Just like every year, the main celebration of this year's ToonFest will be an awesome in-game party full of activities and items that you can only play during this time of the year. While some put a small damper in our plans, we've just rearranged our schedule to keep the party going!
- Here's a list of what to expect during this year's ToonFest celebration, which lasts from September 19th to October 19th:
- Nominate a New Toon Species!
- Starting TODAY at 2:00PM Toontown Time (PST), Alec Tinn takes the stage to tell you how to get started in the Toontown Species Election by nominating an animal of your choice to become the newest Toon in town.
- You'll be able to see a live list of the most popular nominations, and our final candidates will be revealed before the end of ToonFest 2016. By next year, you'll be able to play as a brand new Toon Species for the first time since 2008!
- Meet Riggy Marole
- It's hard not to love Riggy Marole, the absolutely insane host of ToonFest who came around last year to keep things lively throughout the event. As he mentioned in , he'll be strolling around ToonFest at points during the event so that you'll be able to meet him!
- New Ways to Earn Tokens
- We get it -- trampolines and cannons can be repetitive. This year we're introducing a brand new way to earn tokens that will keep you earning even after you leave the ToonFest Grounds! That means even if bouncing isn't your best bet, you can easily earn enough tokens to get some of those limited-time items.
- New Items and Activities
- Brand new token rewards are coming to ToonFest in addition to last year's items, as well as new minigames within the area! Just like last year, these items and activities will be introduced as the event goes on. Earn some tokens early to make sure you can get what you want from the Token Takers! Many of them are frequently-requested items that we couldn't help but release.
- Social Celebrations and Events
- Throughout the event and today especially, we want to hear how YOU celebrate Toontown by posting on social media with "#ToonFest".
- Meanwhile, we'll be highlighting some of our favorite memories, fanart, and other exclusive content on , , , , , or Snapchat ("ToontownTV").
- It doesn't end there. As the event goes on, you may find us putting out some redeemable in-game codes that can only be found on our social media pages rather than here on the blog. All of us Toons are super connected within Toontown, and we want to stay connected with you outside of it!
- That wraps up everything we've got to tell you this morning, but stop by again at 2:00PM Toontown Time for the official beginning of the Toontown Species Election and the return of lovable Alec Tinn!
- We'll keep you posted on when to expect that ToonFest Tower to open up, but rest assured, we won't keep you waiting long.
- Once and for all, here's to THREE YEARS of Toontown Rewritten!
- You ARE Toon Enough!
Posted by Alec Tinn on September 19, 2016 02:00 PM
- Is this thing on? Ah, HELLO there! It's been quite a while since I was able to write a blog post, you know! My name is Alec Tinn, and I'm the one they have around here for every vote that goes on in Toontown. You may have heard of my previous work over two years ago at the !
- Believe it or not, electing isn't all of my skill. Back before Riggy Marole came around and we were short on hands, President Flippy Doggenbottom himself asked me to valiantly run the ToonFest Hot Air Balloon! And by valiantly, I mean I was tricked into it by signing my name on a ballot. I can't stand heights, you know.
- The only way they got me to come back this year was by promising an election of MAGNIFICENT proportions, even bigger than the Toon Council Presidential Election itself!
- And oh, do we have one.
- Over the course of Toon history, the Toon Council has held several species elections to determine which Toons can be created next. Monkeys, bears, and pigs were all new Toons in town at one point -- and now, for the first time in years, YOU get to pick who Toontown's newest species will be!
- You may have heard this before, but this is what to expect in the grand scheme of Toontown's Species Election:
- Starting RIGHT NOW, nominations are open! Up until 12:00AM on October 1st, you can submit your nomination and keep track of the most popular species that Toons around Toontown are looking for. See more information about this later in the post.
- At the End of ToonFest
- Our candidates will be hand-picked and announced by an immaculately skilled and specialized candidate campaigner (Also known as, well, myself!) based off of the most popular and creative nominations.
- Several candidates will be eliminated as the next round of voting continues. We're getting closer and closer to the big one!
- The top species will battle head-to-head for your vote in the Toontown Species Election. Only one will make the cut, but the other certainly won't go down without a good pie fight!
- Early Next Year
- After our species is chosen, you'll see it join us Toons of Toontown early next year. It takes some time to travel, you know. The day that they arrive will be a celebration to remember!
- Now now, you can't just jump straight into a nomination. A nomination does not mean your final vote for the candidate -- they have to do some campaigning first, of course -- but it does require much thought! First, we must ask: What makes a Toon, well... a Toon?
- The Toon Council has provided these basic guidelines for new Toons of Toontown. They're subject to change, you know, but they'll give you a good idea on what kind of Toon you could nominate into the candidacy!
- Nomination Guidelines
- • New Toons must be a classic cartoon animal. That's what Toontown is all about!
- • Think about what Toon could make Toontown the most fun.
- • Avoid Toons that are similar to already existing species. (Example: Cheetahs, wolves, and donkeys are a little too similar to cats, dogs, and horses!)
- • Toons must fit Toontown's art style. Animals with significantly different body features may not be eligible for creation. (Example: Giraffes have very long necks compared to other animals in Toontown, and Toons are normally a solid color!)
- • Nominations should be the most basic form of a species. (Example: Nominate a "Deer" as opposed to a "White-tailed Deer")
- • Be creative! You're welcome to support an existing nomination, or make up your own.
- Now, that's quite the list! If you're unsure about your species, you can still nominate it. It may or may not be approved, but it's better than not trying at all. You only get one nomination, but remember: A nomination is not a vote. You'll get to vote for your favorite later once the top species have been chosen!
- Now, dear friends, I believe that you are OFFICIALLY and FORMALLY educated on the process of ELECTING A NEW TOON SPECIES! I'd give you a degree, but I'm afraid you'll have to spend another 4 years attending the Electoral College before reaching my level. Nonetheless, I say that you are GOOD ENOUGH!
- Nominating a species is completely optional, of course, but highly recommended. You may even find yourself - dare I say it - rewarded in the future! It's time to get this election rolling, and boy, is it going to be a good one. You'll be hearing and seeing a lot more of me, I can assure you.
- Don't forget to occurring throughout the duration of ToonFest. I'm honored to have spoken to you first! Take care, fellow Toons, and have a great week at the polls.
Posted by Toon HQ on September 24, 2016 02:00 PM
- ATTENTION ALL TOONS: A MEGA-Invasion is in progress!
- Skelecogs are taking over Toontown!!!
- H.Q. Harry here, coming to you with an important bulletin straight from Toon HQ! As many of you have heard from our whisper broadcasts, on Wednesday a small invasion of Skelecogs began falling into Toontown -- and has now turned into a full-fledged MEGA-Invasion!
- Investigations from the Toon Resistance have shown that the Cogs pushed their production to the max after hearing that we haven't opened our ToonFest celebration area yet. That means they're skipping the suits to produce Cogs faster and sending out more than we can count.
- ToonFest will open very soon, and until then, we need your help driving back these baddies. As always, Toons who participate in the fight against the Mega-Invasion will be rewarded with double gag experience points.
- As another Public Service Announcement: If your ToonTasks are full, you'll want to work on clearing them out soon! I've gotten word that this year's ToonFest will introduce some limited-time ToonTasks to complete, and it won't be us HQ Officers giving them out...
- Don't let the Skelecogs scare you -- grab some pies and help us fight them off! Toons of the world, UNITE!
Posted by Riggy Marole on September 30, 2016 02:00 PM
- Don't even give me that look for a single second -- you know what this post means and you know it very well. Toons, Toons, and other Toons, my name is Riggy Marole, and it's finally time. HA HA! Boy, is it time. Let's get this ToonFest party pumped up!
- ToonFest Grounds Earned a Makeover!
- Just like always, this year's ToonFest celebratory sorts are being hosted right in my own backyard near that little hub of Acorn Acres. Just don't go snooping in my rabbit hole, yasee!
- Last year we went through and took down the tower, then built a nearly identical one that looked EVEN BETTER! It just does, alright? No questions asked. Building upon that philosophy, my minions ("Toon Troopers", some would say) trimmed up the trees and are working on making a better layout for the area. Act now, because that place is going to be covered in several tons of confetti before the week ends!
- The Tower and the Tokens, a ToonFest Tale!
- With the introductory intro of induction into our incredible improvements of insanity enacted into ToonFest, we created a brand new currency called ToonFest tokens to throw jellybeans out the window! With all of the activities in the area, you can earn plenty o' tokens -- and trust me when I say that there's even more headin' your way.
- You're going to want to stock up on those tokens for the weeks to come, because we've got PRIZES and PRIZES galore this year, even more than last! Don't make the same mistake I did though, I went looking for my tokens the other day and all I found was a big pile of melted chocolate where I left them! Oof.
- We're also going to be bringing along brand new ways to earn tokens, so if you don't have a blast with cannons or can't seem to get a spring to your step with the trampolines, just you wait and SEE what I'm bringing to the table. Heh, you'll love it.
- The Host with the Most!
- For those of ya's who got left behind on the last train, allow me to introduce myself. I'm your humble host for this extraordinary event, and boy have I got some surprises for you.
- ToonFest is starting out this year the way it does every year: BOR-ING. Boring to the most terrific Toons, at least, who know that everything sitting here now is the same stuff that was sitting here on October 19th of the last year. As the event goes on, you're going to see new minigames, new prizes, new ToonTasks, and best of all... ME!
- Once I'm done preppin' over these next few days, I'll head outta my rabbit hole and meet and greet you all while we wait for the bigginz' to get here. What's a good host without talking to his party guests, eh?
- Take Your Time, We've Got It!
- Ah, right -- forgot the big little major detail. To make up for the delays getting these grounds open, ToonFest has been extended to October 26th to make sure this party reaches MAXIMUM CAPACITY!
- Heh. Excuse my uproarious laughter. You don't even want to know how many jellybeans I've eaten to prepare for this!
- I've gotta hop out and make sure this party goes according to plan. ToonFest is opening up TONIGHT -- just you wait and see! Keep your eyes on updates from Toon HQ to see the exact time the doors open.
- Until next time, buck-o's. Have fun at the greatest party in the TOONIVERSE!
Posted by Flippy on October 5, 2016 11:00 AM
- Flippy here, the President of Toontown's Toon Council. I already saw a lot of you stop by ToonFest, and I'm seeing a lot more come through now that some of the initial issues have been itched away!
- Some of you may have noticed that I'm not baking the pies anymore, though. My pal, Riggy Marole, has got a brand new feature for you: Pie Purchases!
- Let me tell you, it was a hard decision to give up my position as pie provisioner of ToonFest. After all, I've been there with my pie stand for the past two years! With , though, I decided that I should take the time to be out looking for him.
- Luckily, Riggy Marole has placed a new booth in ToonFest with some Token Takers to run the show! These pies aren't as free, but they've got a lot more freedom. With the extra tokens, these Token Takers have managed to bake up a bunch of cupcakes, slices, and even wedding cakes to sell for your pie pleasures!
- That's not all, though. Just like years past, the ToonFest Fireworks Extravaganza is taking the stage! Every three hours when ToonFest grows dark, you'll see fireworks set off into the sky all across Toontown. There's a full schedule listed below.
- Daily Fireworks Schedule
- All Times are in Toontown Time (PST)
- 12:00 AM 12:00 PM
- 3:00 AM 3:00 PM
- 6:00 AM 6:00 PM
- 9:00 AM 9:00 PM
- This show is one you won't want to miss for the mesmerizing music and vibrant visuals. Trust me!
- I'm off to keep looking for Fluffy, but thanks for stopping by and seeing me while I was at ToonFest. I'll certainly be soon to return. Happy ToonFest, Toons!
Posted by Riggy Marole on October 12, 2016 02:00 PM
- Never. Absolutely not. I can't let you see the prizes early, that's just CRAZY talk, I tell ya! Never, ever, under ANY circumstances -- Alright, you convinced me. Let's take a look at them!
- I'm over here talking to Token Taker Ted, eh? He's loading up the tower with the newest truckload of prizes, and I just ask him to slip us a few little sneak peeks. He wasn't having it, something about how it's in the ToonFest rules that I wrote and all that hullabaloo.
- So I said HULLABALOO to the rules! Leave it to Ted to give me just the response I was looking for: "I can't argue with that!" These bears are the real heroes, let me tell you. Let's bring in those prizes!
- Brand New Bows and Bowties
- You know it wouldn't be ToonFest without my very best bowties, and boy were they a hit last year. We're bringing in some all new designs for the more dapper Toons around town who wish to switch up their selection, of sorts! Just no stealing my style, you see?
- Flower Pot Top
- Planter hats -- they're all the rage for gardeners, you know. The most popular style in all of Daisy Gardens, too! This isn't just a drop gag that you wear on your head, though -- HAH I'm just playin'! It actually is!
- The Hawaiian Helper
- Take a look at this shiny new shirt! I don't know what's up with you all and wanting a Hawaiian shirt so badly. In fact, it was requested so much it's as if you had already seen this design before. You aren't spyin' on my ToonFest tailors, are you?
- Merry Multipliers
- We've got a brand new type of prize making it's way to the ToonFest grounds soon, too... Boy are you gonna want to stockpile your tokens for this one! I'll give ya three guesses what it is, and I'm not answering a single one of them.
- Hope you enjoyed these HIGHLY exclusive prize previews -- gives you a bit of torque to your token, eh? HAH! Keep your cannons crashing, because these prizes are coming out soon!
Posted by Riggy Marole on October 22, 2016 02:00 PM
- Boy o' boy, is it the 22nd already? We ain't even got half of the stuff to ya's! Oof, I knew I should have hired my own contractors instead of relying on those Toon Troopers. "Safety Inspections" are only a recommendation, I keep telling 'em!
- Anyhoo, we got ourselves a problem if these events aren't out yet. I certainly didn't expect those elves to run into so many issues! So here's the plan, folks: I think it's one you'll enjoy.
- To apologimize for the dastardly delays of deese little delights, I'm calling off any end date for ToonFest. That's right -- this party is officially unstoppable. We're going to get every single one of these planned activities out to ya, if my name ain't Rigmund Q. Marole!
- ToonFest still has new items, new activities, and of course ME left for the pot of features, and the event won't be closing until a little ways after all of those features are out in the wild open!
- Apologies once again for the delays - let me tell you, this is the last time I get any quality control checking on my attractions HAH! I've got too many ToonFest tokens for this malarkey. Keep your ears perked up for news on the remaining ToonFest releases and the upcoming Spooktown Halloween Celebration!
Posted by Sir Max on October 28, 2016 02:00 PM
- Ah, what a wonderful week! Just take a moment to step outside and smell the dead flowers, swarming bats, and observe that truly beautiful gloom that's covering the whole town. It's that time of year again: Time for the !
- I've decided that this year, instead of being fearful of the scares and spooks that I may or may not have brought upon us those many years ago, it's best just to embrace it. It's just like what they always say: "If you can't beat the curse, give up and give in to your new lifestyle!" I mean, they probably say that. I think I read it in a magazine once. Might be paraphrasing.
- Let me give you a rundown of what this curse actually entails:
- • As if our decorations weren't spooky enough, the sky has gone into full gloom from the curse. (I say we just pretend it's part of the decorations.)
- • This funny wizard guy named Jack O' Kazam has spread mysterious bags all around Toontown. Something about jellybeans and potential of some sort of trick that'll affect your friends too. The risk is worth it for some extra beans, right?
- • Every Toon who hits all of the Toontown Trick or Treat hot spots listed in our riddle will be cursed with a very stylish Pumpkin Head!
- See? Spooky stuff can be fun. It's all about what you make of it! I bet that Jack O' Kazam guy isn't even a real wizard and has just been duping us year after year. My money says he's a weatherman. Besides, no one has even seen him around this year.
- I bet that means he's calling off the curse for next year. I mean, it's not like he's going into hiding so he can cook up something even worse for the future... Right?
Posted by Flippy on October 31, 2016 12:00 AM
- Ghouls, gals, and ghosts of all ages -- the clock has struck twelve, which means the most daunting (and haunting!) day of Spooktown has begun! I hope you've got your costume for the last day of Trick or Treating. If you don't... Well, I have something that may help.
- Every year on this very day, Toontown gets a spike of incoming Toons who travel from far and wide to experience the frightful figures that we have! Some may even call them unlucky, but I'd say they picked the perfect day to move in!
- As you know, I stop by the Toontorial every day to greet the new Toons of the town. I don't have many Trick or Treaters here, but I sure do prepare certain Toons for the ultimate Trick or Treat if they utter a certain "Toontastic" word!
- If you know any cats looking to scare Toons and Cogs alike, send them my way down Toontorial Lane! For today only, I have a pretty prize in store. The Bloodsuckers are far from the spookiest thing on these streets.
- I hope that you all have enjoyed Spooktown, and I wish you a Toontastically Terrifying Halloween from the folks over at the Toon Council!
Posted by Alec Tin on November 8, 2016 06:00 AM
- Hello, hello, HELLO Toontown! Alec Tinn here, bringing you another update on the Road to the .
- I've been busy working with our electoral editors to figure out which of the nominees YOU picked is best suited for our grand election, and pretty soon their candidacies will be announced and this election rally will begin! We're running a bit behind schedule, but no matter. An election of this grand proportion must be carefully planned!
- Very soon, we'll be releasing the details about which animals will be starting their campaign complete with portraits of their appearances and all of their various goals and hobbies. You'll know exactly what you're putting your vote on the ballot for!
- Now, although you can't vote for your species today, there is another certain vote that I highly recommend you participate in if you're eligible.
- Speaking of which, a lot of you have been asking questions about ToonFest. Riggy Marole was too busy to come and comment, but he sent Donald Frump (Owner of "The Toupee Chalet" in The Brrrgh) to pay us a visit with some exclusive details.
- "I've seen ToonFest, and let me tell you, we've got the best ToonFest around. We're making ToonFest great again, it's gonna be HUGE. I respect ToonFest more than anyone, and we are bringing this ToonFest in big league. AND THE COGS ARE PAYING FOR IT!"
- I don't know about that last part, but Donald Frump's excitement portrays us all as the final additions of ToonFest are finally being wrapped up among all of the other excitement. Stay TOONed, and don't forget to go VOTE!
Posted by The Toontown Team on November 21, 2016 02:00 PM
- Welcome to our latest Backstage column, where we talk about the inside scoop behind the scenes of Toontown! We've got a lot to cover in this update, which will hopefully give you some insight of what we've been working on and what to expect from Toontown over the next few months.
- Toontown's Substantial Support
- Ever since we launched Toontown Rewritten, it's been growing at rates we never expected. Even as population dwindles during busy times of the year, we're hitting numbers that we never expected to see when first launching the game!
- Hitting 1,000,000 registered players over the summer, which has now grown to over 1,100,000 players in just a few short months, was a slap in the face to us that we were growing a little too big a little too fast! A lot of our systems, structure, and even our website have been around since alpha and are in desperate need of an overhaul to handle this growth.
- We've switched gears to stop attracting new players for now until those systems are ready. The lower population isn't a consequence, but an expected result of this. We know that with the amazing game that is Toontown, there will always be support and potential to grow.
- Our Objective
- Before we get into our plan, we need to clarify our goal: Above all else, we're building Toontown to last. We're doing a lot of behind the scenes work to make sure that our end game goal isn't to end the game. And with that, you'll be happy to hear that Toontown has no plans of closing in the foreseeable future -- in fact, we're working to do the opposite.
- It's hard to see from the outside, but internally we consider 2016 to be Toontown Rewritten's most successful year ever. Our social media pages have more than doubled in size, our 2016 convention was absolutely enormous compared to years past, and of course we had the massive achievement of 1,000,000 registered players!
- Both the Toontown Rewritten Team and Toontown Online's creator, Jesse Schell, share the same goal of proving to Disney that Toontown has a very valuable future. Your excitement and support throughout the years, as players, has already proven that to us!
- These are all things that you may not see on the outside, but we're seeing very clearly on the inside. And admittedly, we wish that we had shared these details with you sooner so that you can see where all of our excitement stems from. Of all of the years we've been running Toontown Rewritten, we've never been more confident in the game than we have been in 2016.
- For 2017, however, we're switching back to the focus that most of you have been asking for: A focus on the game itself rather than building up the community outside of it.
- Presenting the Plan
- Over the past month, we spent a lot of our time with many meetings and figuring out what we need to do to move the game forward. We realized that we stumbled with the weight of ToonFest, and now it's time to put Toontown on a hardcore exercise plan to tone our muscles and lift some heavier weights. We aren't going to the Squash & Stretch Gym for it, either.
- This is not our exact to-do list, but a general list of what we've been up to and what to expect for the next few months as we work towards this effort. Toontown will start getting significantly more active than it has been this month now that we've finished these discussions, but we ask you to bear with us as we do a lot of tidying up around town before moving back to new content!
- • October:
- In October our focus was set on repairing ToonFest, along with our Halloween update. It was in this effort that we decided to take time in November to figure out our internal organization.
- • November:
- A great deal of internal planning occurred, where we've reworked some of our outdated services and started reworking our internal tools to replace the outdated alpha leftovers. Astron, our server architecture, has been receiving a lot of love recently over on -- if you're a programmer, we would love to have you help us out with that! Artists have been working on the next stage of the species election, which is coming up soon.
- We will be releasing the ToonFest items this Friday until the end of November, and then putting ToonFest to an end for this year. While many ToonFest features are incredibly near completion, we have decided to drop our focus on that to speed up our rebuilding process. Any unreleased content will be saved for next year's celebration - we're sorry for any disappointments on that front!
- • December:
- Focus over the next few months will be set on major game patches to fix any instability, broken features, and general bugs that make the game weak. We'll also of course have our Christmas update as we do every year, which always brings a lot of fun content to celebrate with over your winter break!
- • January:
- Continuing with our bugfixes and patches, we'll also be fixing up some early-game content to make it more accessible to new players. We've found that people who haven't played Toontown before have a really hard time getting the hang of it! We haven't forgotten about our long-term players who need a refresher, though -- we'll be seeing what we can do for you too.
- • 2017 Onwards:
- After the focus of expanding our outreach in 2016, we're going to be spending a major effort to push Toontown out of beta in 2017. That means we're looking at complete polish, restoring the original game features, and relaunching our brand in a way that shows we have a whole new outlook moving forward.
- As you can imagine, moving the game out of beta is a big task and requires a lot of work behind the scenes. We're focused on giving you an experience in Toontown that will be worth playing for years to come, and all we ask from you is a bit of patience as we take the time to do it!
- It may seem stale without any major updates, but we've witnessed that when we try to release new content without reworking ourselves we get not quite the product we were hoping for, which is what happened with ToonFest.
- Moving Forward Faster
- Toontown will be changing a lot over the next few months, and we know that at times you may be confused with what we're doing and why. Moving forward, we'll be doing our best to increase communication with you so you know exactly what's going on.
- It will take some time for us to rev up our engines again, but trust us when we say that the passion is nowhere near lost. If you're able to give us a bit of patience, a lot of support, and some suggestions along the way -- then this time next year Toontown will be as shiny as a brand new car!
- We hope that this gives you much better insight as to what we've been doing behind the scenes here at Toontown. We'll be doing our best to keep you informed, entertained, and all around in the loop-de-loop!
Posted by Sir Max on November 24, 2016 03:00 PM
- Settle down kids, settle down! I'd like to interrupt this Thanksgiving feast with a toast -- buttered toast, that is. Along with popcorn and jellybeans, mmm. You just can't go wrong with those Thanksgiving classics. But I digress...
- The real reason I'm here today is to remind you of just how much we have to be thankful for!
- It's been almost three and a half years since Toontown Online closed its doors -- but thanks to the incredible community of Toons, the game is still miraculously running today with an incredible amount of players! Talk about something to be thankful for.
- On this day, though, we like to take the time to thank Disney Online and the original developers of Toontown, who are the only reason we're here today. Without them there would be no Toontown to begin with, let alone a Rewritten one!
- As you go through with your Thanksgiving "Thank-Yous", consider sending a Tweet, email, or even just a comment on our blog to the many current and past people who have spent time making Toontown great. The developers from Disney, especially!
- It's the little things that go a long way, and who knows, your small "thank you" may just make someone's day.
- Happy Thanksgiving from everyone on the Toon Council!
Posted by Token Taker Ted on November 25, 2016 08:00 PM
- Welcome one and all, welcome, WELCOME! This is a day long awaited, I dare say, as sure as the mustache on my muzzle! Not only have we got a grand amount of brand new ToonFest prizes finally released, but today is the start of Clarabelle's Annual Cattlelog Sale!
- Toons far and wide, have I got a treat in store for YOU down at the ToonFest Tower! New shirt, new hats, new glasses galore -- but don't drool yet pal, we've got more than just apparel this time around. Stop by the Merry Multiplier booth to boost your Gag or Promotion experience, for just a small pouch of ToonFest tokens!
- In addition to all of this, keep your eyes peeled on that Cattlelog of yours! Clarabelle's Annual Sale starts RIGHT NOW in the spirit of Black Friday, meaning the issue you receive this week will have sales beyond belief. Just make sure to pick it up before December 2nd!
- Say, now that my boss is done with all this rigmarole o' sorts, I reckon he's on his way to the ToonFest grounds at this very moment. You autta' stop by and see him! Riggy Marole will be strolling around as clear as day out there.
- Say, we carnies ain't normally one for sales -- but times are tight with the holidays, let me tell ya! Just for the occasion, if you act now, I say we can strike an under-the-counter agreement of sorts, eh? Riggy would have my 'stache if he found out, but I'll secretly take 25% off all ToonFest items just for ya!
- Come on up folks - ToonFest will be closing for the year on the very date of December 2nd, and these prizes are selling out fast! Hope ya enjoy the last of it 'til next year!
Posted by Riggy Marole on December 2, 2016 06:00 AM
- Boy oh boy, what a week. HAH! It's a good thing I'm a rabbit, because my legs would be sore as a salesman if I wasn't so used to jumping around. At long last ToonFest is wrapping up for the year, but I've got one more surprise in store.
- In the short time our prizes have been available, you crazy kooks have been mauling those Token Takers day and night. LITERALLY! Ah, don't you worry about it, they enjoy it. Bears love Token Taking, it's a well documented fact.
- The point is, you fella's love those accessories and I love that you're taking 'em off my gloves. Those bowties are so September, yuhck. For that reason, I'm DOUBLING ToonFest. That means Double ToonFest Tokens on Trampoline and Cannon activities, along with a sweet extension that will keep the festivities rocking all weekend.
- Make sure to use those tokens wisely, because once they're gone, they're gone! Those same tokens won't be available to use during next year's event. I hate to say it, but once this weekend is over, this'll be the last of ol' Riggy Marole until next year! I'll miss you chums, let me tell ya's.
- Enjoy the weekend, fellas. Thanks for sticking around this quite eventful, heh, ToonFest!
Posted by Tutorial Tom on December 10, 2016 03:00 PM
- Hi there! It's your old pal, Toontorial Tom. My oh my, have some of you come a long way since I last saw you. I'm still in the Tutorial business, you see, and I've got fantastic Toontorial here for you. Today's topic is on Hotkeys and Shortcuts that can help you navigate Toontown like a professional.
- You may know how to move and jump, but you can do a whole lot more if you know the right buttons to push. I've organized TOON TIPS into different categories to help you become the most knowledgeable Toon around!
- For the Photographers:
- • F9 will take a screenshot! You can access them in your Shtickerbook.
- • F3 will hide all GUI on the screen, which is useful if you want to take a screenshot for a background or avatar without the clutter.
- • Tab will change your camera angle, and Shift + Tab will change the camera angle in the opposite direction.
- • Page Up or Page Down will let you look above or below.
- For the Bug Reporting Experts:
- • F10 will take a screenshot with some location and debug information attached. This is helpful for reporting bugs to support.
- • Shift + F1 will also display some location and debug information, also useful for reporting bugs to support.
- • F2 will display information inside of Cog Facilities for bug reports. It's also useful for checking the current floor number! (Add "1" to the number displayed.)
- For the Toons on the Move:
- • Home will display your current gags without having to open up your Shtickerbook!
- • End will display your current ToonTasks.
- • Alt will open up the Street Map if used on a street.
- For the New Toons in Town:
- • Control is the button to jump! Don't get stuck in a fountain.
- • F8 will open your Shtickerbook.
- • Escape will open your Shtickerbook to the "Options" page.
- For the Mac Players:
- • On OSX or macOS, some hotkeys require pressing FN before the key. For example, FN + Home will display gags. If a key doesn't work for you, try pressing FN at the same time!
- I hope that these TOON TIPS are useful for you -- and soon, they'll be displayed in Toontown! I've been working on writing TIPS to add back to loading screens with even more than ever in the not-too-distant future, so keep your eyes peeled.
- We'd also love to be able to set your own Hotkeys in the Shtickerbook! What kind of other features would you like to see as Toontown polishes up things around town?
- I hope you've enjoyed this Toontorial! Say, we've also cleaned a lot of things up over on Toontorial Terrace. If you know any new Toons in town, tell them to stop by. Enjoy this update!
Posted by Sir Max on December 15, 2016 05:30 PM
- On the first day of winter, Toontown gives to you:
- A holiday packed with very merry news!
- Happy Holidays, Toons one and all! It's the most wonderful time of the year, and if you're like me, you've already been rocking around the Christmas tree since December 1st. Some of you may not be quite so ready to be home for Christmas yet, but after this big event, you better be!
- We're always looking for a good excuse to be joyful and triumphant here in Toontown, which is why every year we jingle all the way with the Toontastic tune of Toontown's 12 Days of Winter, a series of updates which make up Toontown's big Winter Celebration!
- Every day for the next 12 days, between December 15th and December 26th, check out the blog for the newest gifts from the Toon Council and even Santa Toon himself. We'll feature a lot of holiday classics that you all know and love, as well as some brand new additions to our melody!
- No matter what, where, or how you celebrate, let me be first to tell you on behalf of the Toon Council: Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, and Have a Toontastic Winter Holiday!
Posted by Hawkheart on December 16, 2016 03:00 PM
- On the second day of winter, Toontown gives to you:
- Trees and lights o'plenty,
- Said the brown cat to the Toons of Toontown, do you see what I see? That's right, Toontown -- there's a new decorator in town! I tried to score the job last year, but much to my surprise Sir Max stole the crown.
- I had written a 14 page paper to show off my skill for the job, but It turns out that I mixed up that paper with my letter to Santa! That explains why Flippy knew exactly what I wanted for Christmas... Santa was really impressed with it, though!
- As you can see, all around Toontown we've got trees and lights o' plenty -- and not a fire hazard in sight! I mean, probably. Do you think it's okay to plug three power strips into each other? Anyway, every area in Toontown has been decorated for the Christmas season!
- I hope you enjoy the decorations -- check back every day until December 26th to see just how wacky our winter gets. Happy Winter Holiday, Toontown!
Posted by Alec Tinn on December 17, 2016 02:00 PM
- On the third day of winter, Toontown gives to you:
- Eight New Toon Species,
- Helllloooooooooooooo Toontown! I hope you're enjoying your wonderful Winter Holiday! Things are just getting started around here, and I'm here to give you a gift that will keep on giving for the days to come.
- We're a bit behind schedule, but it worked out rather well! Every day until we're finished, one of the eight New Toon Species Nominees that YOU picked will be announced right here at the bottom of the blog post, complete with their image and a short bio.
- It's quite the grand gift! I've spent the last few weeks working with the Toon Council to filter through your nominations based on popularity, as well as the best fits for Toontown. Check back every day to see if your species won the nomination!
- The Species Election will continue in January with our new picks, resulting in a brand new character coming to Toontown next year based on YOUR vote. Until then, let's get these nominees announced!
- Toon Candidate: GOAT
- Jellybean Flavor:
- Tin Can
- Butting Heads, Fine Dining
- Favorite Places:
- The Mountain in ToonFest, The Junkyard
- As traffic in Toontown increases, Goat will promote teleporting as an environmentally friendly transportation option.
- I'm certain that Goat will be the last to say BAAAAHHHH Humbug. Keep checking back every day to see which species will be announced next. Merry Christmas to all!
Posted by Professor Flake on December 18, 2016 02:00 PM
- On the fourth day of winter, Toontown gives to you:
- A Brrrgh-sized blizzard,
- Toons! This is Professor Flake of the Precipitation Foundation, one of the labs of Loony Labs that I've set up in the Brrrgh. My research over the years has dealt with trying to harness the weather of Toontown, and get down to what exactly makes it so wacky, so to speak.
- I've been running some calculations, and realized that the excessively cold temperatures mean that The Brrrgh's blizzard... Is spreading to all of Toontown! The last time I tracked this , it resulted in a blizzard so big that almost all of Toontown was frozen.
- You see, back when Toontown was being built, "The Brrrgh" was one of the hottest regions in the Tooniverse. The Toon Troopers couldn't even nail in a door without taking a water break! So my colleague at Loony Labs, Doctor Surlee, invented a device known as the "Super-Duper Air Conditioner" which was meant to restore the area to normal temperature. Instead... It created a never-ending blizzard!
- It'd be great to turn the Super-Duper Air Conditioner off every now and then, but no one can find the blasted thing under all of this snow! And now, with the temperature getting colder, the Air Conditioner has gone haywire once again and is going to turn all of Toontown into one big Brrrrrgh.
- Mark my words, by the end of this Winter Holiday Toontown will be entirely covered with snow. I must return to my work at once to track down this Super-Duper Air Conditioner and stop it once and for all!
- Ah, I also must give you Alec Tinn's next nominee.
- Toon Candidate: CROCODILE
- Jellybean Flavor:
- Favorite Activities:
- Suntanning, SNAP-Chatting
- Favorite Places:
- Estate Ponds, The Dentist
- Crocodile promises to keep all of Toontown's fish ponds fully stocked for snacking -- err, fishing!
- Hmm, the Crocodile would be an interesting addition to our town. I wonder if they know Santa-Jaws? Enjoy your holiday, Toons. Let it SNOW!
Posted by Toon HQ on December 19, 2016 02:00 PM
- On the fifth day of winter, Toontown gives to you:
- A MEGAAAAAA COG INVASION!
- (bum bum bum...)
- ATTENTION ALL TOONS: A Mega-Invasion has Begun!
- Version 2.0 Cold Callers are taking over Toontown!!!
- You better watch out, you better not cry, you better buy gags, I'm telling you why: Cold Callers are Coming to Town! The Sellbots love this time of year for all of the sales they make, but they just don't understand the true, Toontastic meaning of Christmas!
- Things may be getting cold around here in Toontown with Professor Flake's prediction of a blizzard, but don't let the Cold Callers make it any colder. Buy some gags, grab your friends, and head out on a sleigh ride to put an end to their chilly reign.
- We're predicting that the Cold Caller Invasion will last for at least 24 hours. Bundle up, and be careful out there! To brighten up your holiday cheer, we've also got the next New Toon Candidate here straight from Alec Tinn.
- Toon Candidate: CHICKEN
- Jellybean Flavor:
- Favorite Activities:
- Pecking, Watching the sky, Crossing roads
- Favorite Places:
- Funny Farm, The Barnyard
- With Chicken in charge, we'll track down the Cog's HQ Expansions once and for all. No more chickens around here! Figuratively, that is.
- You heard the Chicken -- no more being a chicken! Be brave, and get out there to fight those Cogs. Happy Holidays from the Toon HQ!
Posted by Maxy the Snowtoon on December 20, 2016 03:00 PM
- On the sixth day of winter, Toontown gives to you:
- Wacky winter carols,
- (bum bum bum...)
- Happy Birthday! My name is... uhhhhhh... Maxy! Maxy the Snowtoon! Pay no attention to the green dog standing behind me. What? No, of course that isn't Sir Max. I'm Maxy the magical Snowtoon.
- I bet you're wondering how I get my magic, eh? Let me tell you so that you, too, can be a magical Snowtoon! It's not about the hat you wear or how many wishes you make -- it's about the songs you sing! Toons in Toontown love to sing Christmas Carols this time of year, and if you spread some cheer to a few faithful shopkeepers, you could end up with a Snowman head and a nice gift of beans to go with it.
- Below you'll find a list of riddles. You'll need to figure out where to go, and which song to sing in order to claim your prize! The shopkeepers love any Christmas Carol, but they certainly have their favorites.
- Ah, I should also let you know of the next Toon Species announcement! Sadly, it's not the Snowtoon. But we'll be in the running next time.
- Toon Candidate: FOX
- Jellybean Flavor:
- Prefers Chocolate Rabbits
- Favorite Activities:
- Browsing the internet, Bird watching
- Favorite Places:
- Acorn Acres
- Fox plans to start their own fair and balanced portion of the Toontown Blog for all of the fox-related news in Toontown.
- There you have it, Toontown. I must wave goodbye, but don't you cry -- I'll be back again some day!
Posted by Lord Lowden Clear on December 21, 2016 03:00 PM
- On the seventh day of winter, Toontown gives to you:
- Twice your gag experience,
- (bum bum bum...)
- Hark! How the Cogs, Boring business Cogs,
- All seem to say, "Toons go away!"
- Christmas is here, Bringing good cheer,
- High laff and low, all through the snow.
- Splat! Pow! Splat! Pow!
- SPLAT! POW! SPLAT! POW!
- I've given the clearance: Double Gag Experience!
- From everywhere, Filling the air.
- Gags all around! Throw, squirt, and sound!
- Lure and trap too, Gifts from me to you!
- Pies we will fling, While people sing,
- Songs of good cheer. The Resistance is here.
- Merry, Merry, Merry, Merry Christmas!
- Merry, Merry, Merry, Merry Christmas...
- Toon Candidate: PARROT
- Jellybean Flavor:
- Favorite Activities:
- Hide and Speak, Tweeting
- Favorite Places:
- The Toontown Airport, Pet Shops
- Don't fall into false promises of other candidates. Parrots mean what they say so much that they'll say it twice!
- It's no partridge in a pear tree, but you may see Parrot as a good candidate for the Toontown Species Election. I am sure that you enjoyed my little carol as well -- I've always wanted to have a music number.
- As a gift from the Toon Resistance, all Toons will receive double experience for the next 24 hours in any area. Until next time, keep them busting -- with laughter!
Posted by Paula Behr on December 22, 2016 02:00 PM
- On the eighth day of winter, Toontown gives to you:
- A VERY big blizzard,
- (bum bum bum...)
- Hello there T-T-Toons! Brrrrrrrrgh. You'd think I would be used to the cold by now after running my shop, Hibernation Vacations, in the Brrrgh for so long!
- My name is Paula Behr, one of the few local Polar Bears of Toontown. I was given my white coat of fur by back before he... Well, you know. Over the years, though, I've felt much more at home with the growing number of Polar Bears that come to town every Winter Holiday! I can't wait to meet more this year.
- That's not the only thing making me feel at home, though. If you take a step outside your door -- you'll find that every inch of Toontown is covered in snow! Professor Flake wasn't kidding about that Blizzard after all!
- Grab some hot cocoa, Toons, because the weather outside is frightful! As you cuddle up by the fire to warm up, however, take a look at the newest addition to our New Toon Candidates:
- Toon Candidate: CHIPMUNK
- Jellybean Flavor:
- Favorite Activities:
- Mini golfing, Singing in a band
- Favorite Places:
- Acorn Acres, The Peanut Gallery
- Chipmunk has worked with campaign managers Chip and Dale in hopes to bring more activities to Acorn Acres, and lobby for ToonFest's return.
- Heh, I can't help but smile when thinking of Chipmunk as our New Toon Species in town. Say, I wonder if they could find Alvin to sing a Christmas special?
- I hope you enjoy the rest of your winter, and don't forget to stop by and say "Howdy!" sometime!
Posted by Shockley on December 23, 2016 02:00 PM
- On the ninth day of winter, Toontown gives to you:
- Cheerful Christmas costumes,
- (bum bum bum...)
- HO HO HO! We're just two days away from Christmas! Don't let my outfit fool you -- it's me, Shockley, one of the Toon Troopers. I'm no Santa, but I've been standing on the corner of Loopy Lane today jingling a bell to collect donations for Toons in need. It feels good to give!
- It's that same spirit of giving that's compelling me to tell you about two secret codes that you can use to spread your own holiday cheer. Open up your Shtickerbook, navigate to the Options page, and type in "coming-to-town" for an exclusive Santa outfit, or "on-the-shelf" to dress yourself up like a little elf.
- That's not all, though. Starting today, Goofy's Gag Shop has started selling Festive Gags that will surely show those Cogs how to have themselves a merry Winter Holiday. Keep your eye out for them.
- Now, here is today's New Toon Candidate. There's only one left to be announced tomorrow!
- Toon Candidate: COW
- Jellybean Flavor:
- Favorite Activities:
- Mooing, Chewing, Playing the Cowbell
- Favorite Places:
- Pastures, The Milk Aisle
- As the new Toon, Cow will use executive connections over at the Cattlelog to lobby for cheaper items.
- Speaking of cattle -- have you done your Christmas shopping yet? As the Toon Council gives you all of these gifts, don't forget to send some gifts to your friends from the Cattlelog!
- I hope that you enjoy these very merry outfits! Be on the look out for Winter Accessories also popping up in your next Cattlelog.
Posted by Doctor Dimm on December 24, 2016 02:00 PM
- On the tenth day of winter, Toontown gives to you:
- Surlee's lost package?,
- (bum bum bum...)
- QUACK! This is an emergency worse than the time I attached jumper cables to my shoelaces! I'm in search of my colleague, Doctor Surlee. He left Loony Labs earlier, and I can't find him anywhere. I need his assistance in calibrating this Silly Sprocket! The last time he went missing like this was... EUREKA!
- I've discovered the cause, Toons. Today is Christmas Eve! That monkey goes missing on Christmas Eve, as sure as the grape juice stains on my lab coat.
- I used to blame his absence on last minute shopping, but say... If you ask me, I think he's out there for a different reason, and using the mailbox as an excuse. The Doctor is brilliant, but he can certainly be confusing sometimes. He's up to something silly, I tell ya!
- Anyway, if you see Doctor Surlee on Toontorial Street just let him know that Dimm was looking for him. Wish him a Merry Christmas too, while you're at it. He usually sticks around until tomorrow.
- Oh, also, I wasn't supposed to write this blog post. I just happened to see the editor on Sir Max's computer and deleted all of the text except for this bottom stuff to make room for my Missing Toon Report. I'll let you read the end of his post, which I'm sure wasn't nearly as important as mine. Dimm OUT!
- Toon Candidate: DEER
- Jellybean Flavor:
- Favorite Activities:
- Prancing, Crossing streets
- Favorite Places:
- Goofy Speedway, The Forrest
- With newly paved crosswalks, Deer hopes to put an end to Toons being unknowingly ran into by Cogs while crossing the streets of Toontown.
- With that, the final New Toon Candidate has been announced to wrap up possibly the best blog post that I, Sir Max, have ever written. I know that story of how an elf and I saved Christmas with a Hot Chocolate powered wrapping machine was insane, but it's definitely the newest addition to the Sir Max List of Good Ideas!
- It's officially Christmas Eve, which means you better be on your best behavior since Santa Toon is coming tonight. Have a wonderful night, Toons, and a magical Christmas morning!
Posted by Flippy on December 25, 2016 03:00 PM
- On the eleventh day of winter, Toontown gives to you:
- A most Toontastic Christmas!
- (bum bum bum...)
- Merry Christmas, Toontown! It's Flippy, President of the Toon Council, here to wish you the happiest of holidays and great greetings to Toons far and wide!
- No matter how you celebrate, today is a great day to take the joy you have and use it to bright up someone else's big day. I've been travelling all around Toontown today to different districts, witnessing Toons spread the Christmas cheer.
- I've seen Toons making friends just to give them gifts, jellybeans flying through the sky at Christmas day beanfests, and even I myself gave some of the Toons I met jellybeans with the challenge that they must use them to give gifts to their friends!
- All throughout this holiday season, us folks here at the Toon Council have given you gifts every day. Now it's your turn to give gifts to someone else, whether in Toontown or not!
- Yesterday wrapped up the last of Alec Tinn's announcements for New Species Candidates, and you'll be able to vote for your favorite once the New Year comes! Although they're not in Toontown yet, you can bet your britches they're celebrating Christmas too.
- We've got one more gift left for you tomorrow to wrap up Toontown's 12 Days of Winter, a tradition that we've had ever since Slappy himself started it.
- Have yourself a very, merry, extraordinarily TOONTASTIC Christmas, Toontown!
Posted by Flippy on December 26, 2016 07:00 PM
- On the twelfth day of winter, Toontown gives to you:
- The Great Snowball Fight,
- (bum bum bum...)
- You know what it's time for, Toontown. Although the weather outside is frightful, us Toons in Toontown find ways to make it delightful! We have a big tradition here, and that's getting together with your friends and family on the day after Christmas to have the BIGGEST Snowball Fight our town has ever seen!
- Slappy Quackintosh, my formidable foe in the Toon Council Presidential Election who grew to become one of my best friends, started out with this tradition . He would be proud to know that to this day, we're still hosting his grand snowball spectacular!
- We've been trying to track down Slappy ever since his disappearance, as the rightful President of the Toon Council. Every lead that Lord Lowden Clear has found has led to a dead end, but we will never give up until we find that duck. The Cogs have him somewhere in their corporate empire along with , and they don't want us to have him.
- Our song is finally complete, and at long last Toontown's Twelve Days of Winter is coming to a close! Over the next few days you'll be able to enjoy ALL of the wonderful gifts that have been given over the past twelve days.
- In the spirit of Slappy, it's my great honor to say these final words to wrap up this spectacular year of Toontown's 12 Days of Winter:
- Let the Great Toontown Snowball Fight COMMENCE!
Posted by Sir Max on December 31, 2016 12:00 PM
- Five... Four... Three... Two.. One... HAPPY NEW YEAR! -- Don't worry, you didn't look at your watch wrong. I'm just practicing! After all, this isn't just any New Year's Eve party.
- We're celebrating with Fireworks and our annual New Year's Top Toons Marathon, which is a great time to grab some friends and kick off the new year right!
- This time around, we've changed the contest to make it even more fair and get more Toons involved. Good thing, too, because I was just about to storm Toon HQ and demand a reason on why I haven't won yet. Read the new rules thoroughly!
- • The New Year's Top Toons Marathon will begin at 12:00 AM Toontown Time (PST) on January 1st. That's tonight!
- • Every hour for 24 Hours, four Top Toons will be chosen for the most Cogs defeated and the most Cog Building floors recovered. In the case of ties, more Toons will be chosen for that hour.
- • Toons can only win once, in one category and one hour. If you win more than once, Toon HQ will count only your highest amount.
- • Winners will receive an exclusive gold medal shirt as soon as the winners are posted, given out only to the Top Toons every year!
- The Top Toons of 2017 will be announced here on the blog once Toon HQ is certain every last laugh, giggle, and chuckle has been accounted for. Keep your eyes peeled over the next few days in eager anticipation of that!
- Enjoy your New Year, Toontown. Us Toon Troopers have been working harder than you know, which means this year could end up being the best yet with the help of YOU. This will be the year of the TOON!