|News for the Amused
This is News for the Amused, bringing an archived list of all the official Toontown Rewritten news! Check out the pages below to see what was posted on the Toontown blog throughout the years.
This page lists all blog posts that were posted on the Toontown Rewritten website during the year of 2015.
Posted by Sir Max on January 1, 2015 02:00 PM
- It's on. It's even on-er than on. I've got my gloves on, pies ready, gags restocked, and poker face tuned to a perfection that some may even call an art form. Toons, it looks like we're about to hop on to an all-out New Years Top Toons Marathon.
- ...Oh, Happy New Year too and all that jazz too. But that's probably not important right now.
- When the Toon Council told me that we'd be hosting the first ever Top Toons Marathon in celebration of the New Year, I jumped right on to training as soon as I could. I didn't even have time to get a new this year, but I did grab myself a shirt already from the supplies! Here's the rundown of how it works:
- For the next three days, January 1st to the 3rd, we'll be testing out the Toon HQ's new Top Toons system by tracking Toons who defeat the most Cogs, and Toons who defeat the most Cog Building floors every 24 hours. The top 10 of each category will be receiving a one-of-a-kind gold medal shirt, along with their name and amount defeated announced on the blog to show just how TOON Enough they are!
- You may be asking: "If there's nothing more than the shirt, why would you be trying to win the marathon since you already have one?" Let me tell you, there's more to life than clothing. Just imagine the glory of having the name "Sir Max" mentioned in a blog post. It would be a dream come true to see the name "Sir Max" written by none other than Sir Max himself! I'm getting butterflies just thinking about it.
- Winners will be announced at 2PM Toontown Time on Sunday, January 4th, however only Top Toons up until January 3rd will be counted. I'll see you on the streets, Toons -- let's get out there and bust some Cogs!
Posted by Fat McStink on January 3, 2015 03:30 PM
- Do you know what day it is? Don't worry, no one else remembered either, but that's okay.
- I haven't been able to pursue my passion for Party Planning since the got put on hold for a while, but that doesn't bring my spirits down. They'll be back, and hopefully soon, because: It's my Birthday!
- , my pal Muddy Paws made my party better with this sweet Apple (Pie) Launcher that helped a lot of Toons make their way into Toontown. I wanted to again contribute to Toonkind like I did last year, so I opened up this dictionary that my new friend Flapjack gave me to see what I could find.
- Inside, I found all sorts of weird words. Linux? Kernel? Debian? Ubuntu? Computer? I don't know what they mean, but they sure are fun to say! I talked to Hawkheart about it, he rambled on about some sort of weird new Launcher of sorts he has been working on and, well, the rest is now history.
- To put it simply: for the first time in history, Toontown is now available on all popular distributions of Linux.
- If you have a Linux installation, head over to the Play page and download the new launcher now! We also have a special update for Windows users, and plenty of awesome new things planned to start the New Year off right by making Toontown the best it's ever been. You won't want to miss what us Toon Troopers have in store.
- Thanks for stopping by, and hey -- I'll make sure I send you an invite to my next big party. It's gonna be off the charts!
- NOTE: This update, along with Toontown Rewritten Linux, will go out later tonight. Thanks for being patient!
Posted by Sir Max on January 4, 2015 02:00 PM
- We're calculating the totals, cleaning up the mess, and picking out the banana peels. Check back for the winners of the New Years Top Toons Marathon later tonight!
Posted by Sir Max on January 4, 2015 02:00 PM
- We've done the calculations, filtered out the trash, peeled a few bananas along the way, and... I still didn't win. I thought for sure that 7 Cogs would be enough to make the list, but the competition was steep. I'm never going to get my name on the blog at this rate. Bah, anyway, here are your winners!
- To keep things fair, we chose the top 10 individual players of each individual category for the contest winners. If Toons on the list were found to be in the same household, they were counted as one single person. (But both Toons will still get the shirt!)
- Keep an eye out on your mailbox if you see your name on the list. We've ordered the shipments, and they are on their way now! Like all clothing, it may take a day or so for it to arrive.
|Top Toons of the Marathon:|
|Cogs Defeated||Floors Recovered|
|1. Shade - 953 Cogs||1. Lucky - 138 Floors|
|2. Vyzer - 930 Cogs||2. Mickey - 69 Floors|
|3. Lil Lisa - 863 Cogs||3. Little Sammie - 60 Floors|
|4. Blueberry Duck - 848 Cogs||4. Kiku - 58 Floors|
|5. Angelic Mouse Kate - 814 Cogs||5. Allison- 58 Floors|
|6. Keaton - 690 Cogs||6. Shadow - 52 Floors|
|7. Precarious - 635 Cogs||7. Lady Twinkledorf - 51 Floors|
|8. Queen Twinkleberry - 634 Cogs||8. Zoobie - 49 Floors|
|9. Limetoon - 630 Cogs||9. Princess Pearl - 45 Floors|
|10. Squishy Squirrel - 607 Cogs||10. Daphne Whistle - 40 Floors|
|Cogs Defeated||Floors Recovered|
|1. Kingful - 1665 Cogs||1. Mindscape - 288 Floors|
|2. Fallum - 1607 Cogs||2. Super Freja - 258 Floors|
|3. Romeo - 1485 Cogs||3. Prof. McMuffin - 231 Floors|
|4. Dusty - 1460 Cogs||4. Doctor Ricky M.- 186 Floors|
|5. Inflewenza - 1401 Cogs||5. Laughing Matter - 176 Floors|
|6. Skip Jumblezaner - 1154 Cogs||6. Silly Loopy - 171 Floors|
|7. Savage - 1020 Cogs||7. Goopy - 170 Floors|
|8. Pink Queen - 770 Cogs||8. Nutty Dynoboing - 154 Floors|
|9. Trilby - 745 Cogs||9. Lief Harecson - 148 Floors|
|10. Sqeaky - 598 Cogs||10. Crazy Blubbersticks - 133 Floors|
|Cogs Defeated||Floors Recovered|
|1. Orpheus - 1922 Cogs||1. Shade - 268 Floors|
|2. Jaded Renegade - 1891 Cogs||2. Lolcat - 229 Floors|
|3. Happily Ever After - 1857 Cogs||3. Silly Loopy - 205 Floors|
|4. Cherry Blossom - 1736 Cogs||4. Xempt - 188 Floors|
|5. Arcade Fire - 1656 Cogs||5. Jacques - 159 Floors|
|6. Mololworky - 1512 Cogs||6. Sammix - 143 Floors|
|7. Vanellope - 1491 Cogs||7. Trixie Sparkletoon - 128 Floors|
|8. Opalescent - 1461 Cogs||8. Luna - 121 Floors|
|9. Soper - 1417 Cogs||9. Captain Oscar - 112 Floors|
|10. Nutmeg - 1385 Cogs||10. Dex - 108 Floors|
- Make sure to throw a huge "Congratulations!" to the winners, and we'd like to thank all of you for helping us test this Top Toons system over the weekend. We'll be taking the data we collected to fine-tune it and fix any bugs encountered, and before you know it, you'll be able to see the Top Toons every day right here on our blog!
- We hope you enjoyed the Marathon, and if you didn't win -- don't be glum! There are plenty of new contests on the way, and still plenty of Top Toon Tactics to test.
Posted by The Toontown Team on January 11, 2015 01:00 PM
- Hey once again, and welcome to the first Toontown Backstage Column of 2015. We've got some exciting things in store for you this year, and we're eager to talk about them! This is the first Backstage Column we've done since ToonFest last year, so there are a load of things to talk about. In this one, however, we'll be talking less about us, and more about you.
- We've read your reddits, focused on your forums, and been enlightened by your emails - and based on your feedback it's high time that we make a couple of...
- Suggestions and Questions
- Toontown is an enormous game, and has been going on for almost 12 years now! Even for one of the longest running MMOs in the history of gaming, however, there is always room for improvement. You guys have been awesome at suggesting all sorts of new content that we've really enjoyed, and sometimes gameplay can be fully rejuvenated by just the smallest of tweaks.
- We've been asking questions lately about the small details of the game that could make the experience tremendously better. What if gardening took less time? What if Cog HQs always gave double experience, regardless of an invasion? What if fishing was made easier by just the tiniest percentage? Would the game change? And would it change for the worse, or for the better?
- For the past few weeks, we've been making these sort of small changes to various areas of the game and testing them with our in-house Quality Assurance team to see what fits the bill to be included in one huge community-suggested update. And now, we want to hear from you!
- If You Can't Do the Grind, Don't Do the Time
- One of the most frequent problems that Toons have in Toontown is that it's just really, really, long. Some of the later game elements seem to become repetitive after a while, and it's a problem even the original developers strove to fix! Rather than asking ourselves, however, this is a question that we want to ask you.
- Cog battling is fun, don't get us wrong -- it's even the national pastime of Toontown. When you have to defeat 500, 1,000, or even 5,000 Cogs, however -- it can become a chore. Other parts of Toontown, too, can become tedious -- and now we're asking you: What part of Toontown would you tweak, and how would you make it the most fun?
- Rewriting Rewritten
- Although this particular update is geared towards small tweaks with big outcomes, we have even bigger tweaks with even bigger outcomes coming soon. Our Toontown Retextured project is still being built up strong, and you can't forget about the new Toon Hall that will be coming out too!
- We're also pleased to announce that our site redesign is getting close to its final stages, which will open brand new doors for Toontown Rewritten's future. We have lots in store for you, and oof, that's only the first part of the year. Don't even get us started on the rest.
- As always, we love hearing your suggestions and we especially need them now. If you pitch an idea, who knows, maybe it will be included in the Tweaks for Toontown Update. Keep your eyes peeled -- that update will be hitting your local Toon-filled town in the coming weeks.
- Thanks for reading our little progress update -- Stay TOONed for the awesome year ahead!
Posted by Sir Max on January 20, 2015 02:00 PM
- Long time, no see! I can tell you've been finding our lack of blog posts disturbing. Some have asked, "Has Sir Max lost his touch? Is he experiencing writer's block?" And let me tell you, good Toon, the answer to both of those questions is an absolute "Yes."
- I should clarify that a bit. It's not writer's block, but rather a writer's blockade that I've set up around the Toontown Times building. I haven't seen sunlight in weeks! You heard me right, Toons. Grab your picket signs, torches, and miscellaneous pointy farm tools, because we're going to a protest!
- It all started about 4 and a half minutes ago, but ah, I can remember it like it's yesterday. I was talking to the Toon Council about getting the working conditions of the Toontown Times improved - did you know that our blog hasn't changed once since the Daily Alpha Updates? Yeesh, it needs a makeover. So I ask them about it, and you know what they say?
- "We'll get to that soon!"
- To set up the blockade I just I went and shoved a couch and some ducktape over the door of the building. It occurred to me, however, that I might have locked myself inside. Luckily, I'm confident that you guys can handle the protest for me while I lay here and relax. Oh, and if anyone can throw in some peanut butter and crackers through the window, it would be much appreciated.
- Hey, you know what they say: "Burn the buildings of democracy! Tear down the legislative! Buy more T-Shirts!" -- and that's precisely what we'll pretend we're doing!
- (Keep your eyes peeled for more blog posts ahead - we've been really busy over the duration of the new year, and you'll see why soon enough! We're sure Sir Max's shenanigans will keep you occupied in the meantime.)
Posted by Shockley on January 28, 2015 02:00 PM
- Hey there! Shockley, the head Toon Trooper of construction here. It took a while, but we came in and managed to take down Sir Max's Blockade using one of the inflatable wrecking balls from a shop in Toontown Central. Who knew that a pool toy could do so much damage?
- Normally, we wouldn't have been so hasty to get an update out, but after a bit of silence throughout January and Sir Max's strike, we're finally ready to show you just a small bit of what we've been working on. Welcome to Day 1 of the Toontown Tweaks Update!
- As announced with , us Toon Troopers have been finding all of the flaws throughout our town and listening to you Toons on how we should fix them. We've packed so much into this update that it's going to take Four Daily Blog Posts to announce the whole thing, leading up to the update's release (including full release notes) on February 1st to start the month off right!
- The tweaks put into this first version of Toontown Tweaks are immense, and there will only be more to come in the future. In fact, I've heard from Tutorial Tom that the amount of creativity put into it has brought 10 New Toon Colors to Toontown for the very first time. Additionally, we've added a bunch of wacky new names to the Pick-a-Name to suit your new Toon needs.
- I hope you're not excited yet, because you're not meant to be. I'm only here to make the announcement - one minor tweak of many - and tomorrow will start up the big guns that have been requested by YOU for years - even before Rewritten! Get ready for one of the first community-suggested updates in Toontown History!
Posted by Lord Lowden Clear on January 29, 2015 02:00 PM
- Greetings, once again, from the Toon Resistance. I'm coming to you remotely from the depths of a restricted Cog Factory, right inside of Sellbot HQ. Contain your excitement and silliness -- we can have none of it here, despite the exciting news that the Toon Council has instructed me to tell you about. Brace yourselves!
- The Cog HQs have always been quite complicated to break into, and after all of the successes (and sadly, failures) the Toon Council has decided that the incentives for helping the Resistance should be even further increased! Let's take a look...
- Cog HQs can certainly be difficult, which is why the Resistance Rangers were sent out to find improved rewards for those dedicated to the cause. After doing their research, Toons rescued from the Sellbot V.P. will now give Two SOS Card rewards, and we've also uncovered top-secret larger Invasion Summons for the Lawbot C.J. that spawn anywhere from 3,000 to a rare 10,000 Cogs!
- Wait just a moment there, Toons - we aren't done yet! This one is the big fish: To those who go above and beyond the call of the Resistance, all Toons with a Level 50 Cog Suit will now receive Teleportation Access to each Cog HQ they max.
- Finally, to grind even more gears down in the Cog HQs, the Toon Council has declared that Cog HQ factories and bosses are considered to be "Invasion zones" -- which means all Toons receive twice the experience regardless if there is an invasion running outside of the HQ! No longer will you need to wait around at the end for an invasion to start -- you'll get the experience either way!
- These are only a few of the news to come -- I've heard Lil Oldman will return later this week for even more good gag tips and tweaks. Until next time, keep them bustling -- with laughter!
Posted by Hawkheart on January 30, 2015 02:15 PM
- Heyo Toons, how's Fish Bingo been?
- It's been years since my visit to the , despite my formal title as official Toon Trooper in charge of Bingo Operation. Years is much to long of a wait, with so many of its mysteries left unanswered. How did it work? Who paid the beans? Why is an empty chair in charge of the machine?
- It was time for a revisit. It was time to venture back into those hallways and find that dear machine full of fish-filled answers. And you won't believe what I found...
- Each time I've asked Flippy or the other Troopers about this Bingo room, they've never heard anything about it. I even mapped out where I went last time, and it was nowhere to be found! At long last, I tripped over some miscellaneous boards lying on the floor (Toon Hall construction is going swimmingly, by the way) and stumbled into that very room.
- After inspecting its controls and being careful not to interfere with the big button that makes the machine work, I noticed a series of knobs that seemed to control the ponds around Toontown. One of the dials that controlled water flow had the labels "Pond, "River", "Flood", and "Noah's Ark" -- but I saw one that seemed a tad more important. By turning the knob by just a hair, The amount of fish in Toontown's ponds were made ever so slightly easier to find!
- For a fish enthusiast like me, just a tiny bit of a percentage higher makes fishing much less of a chore while still keeping it fun and challenging. For those who aren't fishing enthusiasts -- a little birdie told me that created newly sharpened shovels that cut the Gardening animation time in half, and also that the Toon Council has handed out a redesigned District Page for the Shtickerbook.
- I poked my head in to see the new page, and although not quite up to par with my fishing tweak, it's looking quite well. By clicking on any district, the page will now show stats such as District Population and Invasion Status right on your Shtickerbook page.
- Grab your rods, shovels, and hit the books - we've still got a few Tweaks left to come!
Posted by Lil Oldman on January 31, 2015 12:00 PM
- Ah, you are back. You have been hoping for tweaks, but no tweaks do I have to announce. Tweaks do not compare to the strategic elements I have chosen to speak of. You will need these for the ToonTasks for which I am to give you, so pay close attention. I am Lil Oldman. Let us begin.
- My reputation throughout Toontown has preceded me, I'm sure, for the apparent "difficult" tasks I have to give. Many of these tasks include the defeat of the Cog Buildings that plague our streets - yet Toons still complain as if they are doing my chores. Lumpy Cheese is a necessity, not a luxury.
- Bah, be grateful, for if you have been diligent enough for your Cog Radar, the maps of the street now include Cog Buildings. If you have no radar, nonetheless, a task building will be shown as grey if it has been taken over by the suits. Do not thank me for this change - in my day, you would have walked the streets endlessly as it should be. Toons of today have grown spoiled by the technology of Loony Labs.
- Onto the more important change for strategic Toons, such as myself, that wish not to bother with silly maps of the road: At times, the Cog's height proves to be too high to view their level. The battle camera shall now adjust to the height of the tallest to properly display their name. If this proves to be unsuccessful, you may now press the "Levels" button to show the statistics of your opponents. This display is optional, as to not clutter your strategic view.
- As you grow closer to the center of the release of your tweaks, remember: Not even the wisest of owls could answer the question of the Tootsie Pop. Do not ask me what this means. I do not know.
Posted by Clerk Clara on February 1, 2015 02:15 PM
- Hiya. Eeek, I always get so nervous making these posts... Especially on a day like today, where Toontown will officially be tweaked! The Toon Council had a lot of input to make those tweaks the best they can be, asking the Toon Troopers, Resistance Rangers, Shopkeepers, and of course you to help them form it.
- The tweaks around Toontown haven't been limited to colors, looks, and Cogs, though - our gags have been tweaked, too. Don't worry, we aren't going to charge you any extra jellybeans! (Even though I would like a raise, hehe.)
- Gags have been tweaked just the tiniest bit to fix a "Knockback Bug" against the Cogs, where sometimes Cogs wouldn't become unlured when they were supposed to, or they wouldn't have bonus damage applied to them. It was like they were cheating! Luckily, our Goofy Gag experts figured out a way to fix that.
- Say, speaking of selling, I've heard about this new Cattlelog item for sale. From the sounds of it, you can change your Toon's color or size by buying it! You can only do this every 6 months, however, and the change is permanent until then. If you want to change to one of the new colors, feel free -- but make sure you really, really like it first!
- The change apparently is being offered by popular demand by Doctor Surlee of Loony Labs, based off of one of his experiments. He's only testing his experiment, so it's subject to change at any time. Me personally, I'd much rather stick with my bright red rabbity look, but maybe you'll enjoy a new growth spurt or color!
- From myself and everyone else involved in the Toontown Tweaks update, we hope you enjoy. Here's a full list of every tiny tweak being made:
Posted by Team LHAAFBBHQ Mission Update on February 7, 2015 02:00 PM
- After nearly a year since the Cogs invaded the fairly wacky land of Toontown, Toons have grown accustomed to their business tactics and how to counter them. Although the Toons have grown stronger, the Cogs have grown with them. Mysterious crates and clues traveling through the Cog HQs have led the Toon Resistance to believe that the construction of a Bossbot HQ is on the horizon.
- Toons everywhere have become aware of the impending Headquarters' construction, which has prompted the Toon Resistance to go on a mission to find and infiltrate it before it's too late. It's time to introduce you to Team LHAAFBBHQ! (Let's Hunt Around And Find Bossbot Headquarters)
- At the instruction of Resistance Ranger Good Ol' Gil Giggles, the fumbling team of four was selected for the most dangerous mission of their lives yet: Finding the dreaded Headquarters, which could be anywhere in Toontown.
- With the team's brilliant minds, wacky actions, and unique ability to get themselves into trouble quite literally wherever they walk, Toontown's future is probably in good hands -- and even better gloves.
- Click here to read the opening Mini-comic to the story of Team LHAAFBBHQ's adventures, and watch the blog for more mission updates to come. The story, dear Toons, has only just begun.
Posted by Sir Max on February 14, 2015 02:00 PM
- Oh, ValenToons Day. One of the most wonderful holidays of the year. The parties, the clothing, the pie-crossed lovers all around... You can really feel the pop-culture shaped hearts floating through the air past the overpriced flowers and chocolates of love -- and even more so, consumerism!
- Yes, the spirit of spending is just floating around us through the various clothing and hearts available in the Cattlelog. Completely unrelated, I've even been paid to tell you that the winter accessories have made a quick comeback and will be available for purchase in your next Cattlelog! The cold weather isn't gone just yet, and I'm contractually obligated to make that news sound as exciting as possible! Exclamation points!
- Ah, but don't get me wrong. ValenToons Day is far from Cogish -- in fact, I even found a Valentine addressed to myself in my mailbox this morning! I have no idea who sent it at all, in fact. Some sort of unknown lover, it seems! I'm sure they're quite the charmer, as they have such a way with words.
- By the way, don't forget to grab your heart-shaped picket signs for the strike. Don't eat too much chocolate - we'll need your strength for dismantling the oppression of society and finally getting that new blog. Have a great ValenToons Day!
Posted by Team LHAAFBBHQ Mission Update on February 16, 2015 02:15 PM
- The hunt for Bossbot HQ is on! Our Toons of the Team have begun their mission, with the assistance of Toon Resistance Ranger Good ol' Gil Giggles. But first, let's take a moment to meet Team 'Let's Hunt Around And Find Bossbot Headquarters' -- and we hope they do before it's too late!
- Captain Rollie Dandysnooker
- Captain Rollie, the fairly fearless leader and one-of-a-kind captain of Team LHAAFBBHQ, is the most "Toon Enough" Toon you could ask for when it comes to bravery and boldness. His lack of sound judgement and natural tendency to stumble across some of the kookiest adventures in Toontown put him as number one on Lord Lowden Clear's list of leaders for the Team!
- Colonel Violet Supergrooven
- At the mere mention of Captain Rollie's second in command, Colonel Violet, the rattling of metal can be heard from miles away as the Cogs shake in their suits. Her pie throwing has been fine-tuned into a science, leaving some of the most powerful an accurate splats a Toon has ever thrown!
- Prof. Von Fumblesplat
- Some say that The Professor has a few screws loose -- but this master of gag mayhem has a strategic mind like no other to formulate plans against whatever sinister machines the Team may encounter in their adventures.
- Silly Lily Gigglesnout
- Rounding out the Team is our lady of Toontelligence extraordinaire, Silly Lily Gigglesnout. She may be a Toon of few words, but don't underestimate her knowledge of every gag, gear, and grin of both Cogs and Toons alike. Knowing every aspect of Toontown from the Central to the Headquarters, Silly Lily is the gal for whatever mysterious clues may appear in the Team's travels.
- Team "LHAAFBBHQ" was last seen heading in the direction of Toontown's darkest Playground and a natural attractor of high-level Cogs: Donald's Dreamland -- hopefully, investigating for a clue and not a nap! Stay TOONed for the adventures that await!
Posted by Team LHAAFBBHQ Mission Update on February 24, 2015 01:00 PM
- "This is the place." whispered Good ol' Gil Giggles, as hurriedly hushed as his mouth could manage while sneaking his way down the streets of Donald's Dreamland.
- The newly-formed Team "LHAAFBBHQ" stood by his side as they approached the origin of their first mission: "Talking in Your Sleep: Voice Training" -- seemingly the most inconspicuous shop on the street.
- The fearless four Toons stood and stared as their trainer, Resistance Ranger Gil Giggles, proceeded to move through a series of intricate and never-ending knocks on the door of the shop: The slip-knock, knock-off, triple-double-quad-knock, knick-knock, patty-lock, give the dog a bone...
- "Look, Gil, it's not that I don't believe you - but I don't believe you." interrupted Colonel Violet, as Gil continued with his knee-knock, knock-clock, and - Ooh, you get the point.
- "It does seem rather far-fetched for anything to be going on here... This is the shop of sweet little Whispering Willow." chimed in Silly Lily, whose tone was far from silly. "She surely wouldn't hurt a fl--"
- It was at that very moment that Gil lost his concentration for an instance long enough that his bold attempt at the final cherry-axle-knock-with-a-banana-split was foiled by his thumb landing exactly two-seventeenths of a rake to the right of his targeted impact zone, which resulted in the entire door being slammed down on top of him by a short little duck - seltzer in hand - whose name ever-so-happened to be that of "Whispering Willow" who surely wouldn't hurt a fly.
- ...She would, however, hurt any who attempted to infiltrate her Toon Resistance Outpost by messing up the final cherry-axle-knock-with-a-banana-split.
- "Uhh. Hiya," Gil gulped, a second away from receiving seltzer as he said the secret phrase: "Would you like some help?"
Posted by Team LHAAFBBHQ Mission Update on March 5, 2015 11:30 AM
- We last left our band of hilarious heroes in the grip of Resistance Ranger Whispering Willow - one of the undercover ops hiding out in Donald's Dreamland. Good ol' Gil Giggles had received word that intercepted packages from Cashbot HQ were being stored in her seemingly standard shop -- which could be the key to cracking the case and getting a lead on Bossbot HQ!
- "Right this way. We can't let anyone see us in here." whispered Whispering Willow as she led Team LHAAFBBHQ inside. The Professor, however, having eyes as keen as can be, couldn't help but notice an unfamiliar formation of Cogs in the sky as he stumbled towards the door.
- Whispering Willow opened up the closet door in the back (Did you know those doors could actually open?) and pulled out the three most horrid objects that the team could have imagined: A crate with the address of "Cog Nation", a sealed envelope splattered oil and the stamp of a gear, and worst of all -- "cherry" flavored cough syrup.
- "This crate I'm about to show you, Toons, has been seen by a total of three eyes -- my two, and one from the left side of the Loan Shark that I managed to take down on our mission into Cashbot HQ. There's no telling how many catnaps were missed in the recovery of it..."
- Captain Rollie himself stepped forward as the box creaked open, unveiling their worst nightmare. "It's -- It's... Parts of an oversized golf kart?"
- "WITH CONCISE INSTRUCTIONS!" The Professor exclaimed, trembling with fear.
- "Instructions this precise could only be the work of the Micromanagers..." Silly Lily studied carefully. "Everyone knows that you never follow the instructions when assembling something as complex as this. How would anything ever get broken otherwise?"
- "Now what could the Cogs want with a humongous Golf Kart? They wouldn't even fit." is what Captain Rollie would have said, had he not been interrupted by a narrow knock that most certainly was not the knock of any knowledgeable Resistance Ranger.
- "There's one..."
- "Oh no."
- "That's three! EVACUATE THE BUILDING!"
- Whispering Willow quickly threw down a trap door and handed her oil-sputtered, gear-sealed letter to Captain Rollie. "This route will take you Toons straight over to Lullaby Lane. Make sure that this letter gets to Detective Lima safely, as your mission depends on it. Get there as swiftly and quickly as possible while us Rangers fight off this ambush."
- "This is no mere ambush, Willow." said Good ol' Gil Giggles as he watched his trainees disappear into trap door. "This is a Mega-Invasion."
Posted by Toon HQ on March 6, 2015 03:00 PM
- ATTENTION ALL TOONS: A MEGA-Invasion has Begun!
- V2.0 Head Hunters are taking over Toontown!!!
- After hearing about Team LHAAFBBHQ's encounter with the Cogs yesterday, us Toons at Toon HQ have been keeping a keen eye out for any invasions in the sky. We expected the worst, but it just got a whole lot worst-er. Our biggest challenge yet has come: V2.0 Head Hunters are taking over Toontown -- and Team LHAAFBBHQ is their bounty!
- The Toon Resistance has reported that Team LHAAFBBHQ hasn't been seen since they , but let's hope that they're being even sneakier than expected! We can only pray that they make it to their destination soon, but in the meantime, we can do our part to keep these Head Hunters off of their tail!
- The Head Hunters are coming out strong, but luckily we've managed to secure six "Safe Zones" from them where the Head Hunters won't invade. Based on our readings, these waves of invasions will last all the way until Sunday night!
- We've never seen an amount of V2.0 Cogs this high before, which has led the Toon Council to worry where they are all coming from. One thing is clear, however: Whatever is in that letter is important to the Cogs, and they don't want Team LHAAFBBHQ to have it.
- Stay safe out there, Toons, and let's save Team LHAAFBBHQ!
Posted by Flippy on March 14, 2015 02:00 PM
- Howdy, everyone! Long time no chat! I wasn't planning on making this post today, but I was just walking out of the Toon Council meeting this morning when I heard Doctor Surlee mention that today is National Pie Day!
- I can't believe it crept up so close on me -- I'd never miss a day dedicated to those delicious desserts, after all. I double and triple checked my calendar, however, and found the culprit: They misprinted it as Pi day. Who would be silly enough to leave the "e" off of pie?
- If I had plenty time to prepare, I would have willingly brought my stand to give pies out -- pronto! For some ridiculous reason, though, its been moving slower lately... Doctor Surlee says it's something about the lack of silliness around town.
- Updates have been scarce with Sir Max's strike, after all, but trust me when I tell you us Toons have a load of things up our sleeve -- and they're coming out soon! Even Doctor Surlee has no doubts that the stand will be awesomely animated again after we get cracking on that.
- Enjoy National Pie Day, everyone - you may even see me running around town to distribute some pies since my stand isn't able to. Toons of the world, Gag Up!
Posted by Toon HQ on March 15, 2015 12:00 AM
- ATTENTION ALL TOONS: A MEGA-Invasion has Begun!
- Backstabbers are taking over Toontown!!!
- Keep a sharp eye out, Toons - Backstabber Mega-Invasions have begun! Our readings detect a fleet of them on a horizon, and they aren't letting up soon. We don't know what point they're trying to make, but it looks like these Cogs are going to be invading until midnight tonight. Stay on alert!
- We've managed to secure six "safe zones" from the Cogs, where Toons who want to avoid the back pain can steer clear of the invasion. Don't tread lightly, however, as we're going to need all the help we can get to fight them off!
- Grab your gags, turn in some Tasks, and hit the streets - the Ides of March are upon us!
Posted by Sir Max on March 20, 2015 02:00 PM
- COUGH, HACK HACK, WHEEZE... sniffle Gah... What day is it? Long time no see, Toons. The strike is still at large! That's not the reason I haven't been around, though -- I've been stuck here with sickness for a solid week. I even missed the most green holiday of all: St. Max's day! (Patrick, Max, same thing.)
- Don't let that get me down, though, because today is the International Day of Happiness, and you know that us Toons love a good excuse for some happiness.
- Now look, it might be crazy what I'm about to say: We've had Double PlayTime, Double Experience, and now the newest contender in our "Double" line of events: Double Bean Days. Up until Sunday night, riding the trolley will reward you with twice the amount of beans as usual.
- Fishing and flowers are still selling at market price I'm afraid, but hey, I can't campaign for everything around here. You win some, you lose some. I'd call this a big victory, if I do say so myself. The strike is definitely working, I promise you. Now, they may have docked my pay for it. And by dock, I mean cut off entirely. But that's what the bean days are for! Sticking it to the man!
- I don't know about you, but I'm hopping on the trolley before you process this sentence enough to take my spot in line. In fact, I am now on it. And now I'm riding it. And now I'm playing a game! Can't talk, Toons - I'll see you on the trolley!
Posted by Fat McStink on March 28, 2015 02:00 PM
- Gather round, Toons, and let me tell you a tale! You see, in a long-forgotten era that some refer to as Alpha, there was a period of time where legend claimed that Toons were only able to speak using SpeedChat phrases. They were definitely dark days indeed.
- But now, it's time to introduce a new era in comTOONication, where we're improving SpeedChat to be even better than before: Introducing The Chatless Update 2: With SpeedChat+, too!
- Chatless Toons Arrive!
- As many of you have noticed over the past week, we silently went and enabled an account setting which would allow you to turn SpeedChat+ off. This is the default for all new accounts in an effort to keep Toontown safe, while still keeping it fun. Some people just don't like the hustle and bustle of typing to each other -- and now you won't have to deal with it.
- To disable SpeedChat+ for an existing account, simply login on the Toontown Rewritten website and click on Account, then select the Chat Settings button to choose Basic SpeedChat. This option isn't for everyone, but it's particularly useful for younger players who want to stay safe online, or older players who simply don't want to deal with some of the super-duper wacky Toons out there.
- The SpeedChat Improvement Project
- For both chat-filled and chatless Toons alike, SpeedChat is a quick and easy way to communicate throughout Toontown -- and we want to make it better! We've taken some feedback to make minor tweaks to the menu, and we'll be adding even more phrases in the future as we get feedback from our new Chatless players.
- If you're having trouble finding some of your favorite phrases, don't worry, they aren't gone! Look through the categories and you'll find them in an even easier location - and a few new phrases, as well. The changes are minor right now, which is why we need your feedback on how to make SpeedChat even easier to communicate with.
- The Future is... Soon!
- Us Toon Troopers have been throwing together all sorts of ideas for the future of communication in Toontown. The Translating the Tooniverse project is still underway, and there have been plenty of ideas thrown around as well like True Friends, Chatless Districts, and more!
- We're eager to hear your thoughts on the style of chatting in Toontown -- but that's certainly the smallest thing we're working on compared to the other features we have up our sleeve. Keep your eyes peeled, and your mouths blabbering. Most of all -- Enjoy The Chatless Update 2!
Posted by Team LHAAFBBHQ Mission Update on March 30, 2015 02:00 PM
- It's been weeks since we last received word from Team LHAAFBBHQ on their hunt for the Headquarters, leaving Toons everywhere wondering whether or not they were snatched up by the hideous Headhunters during the Mega-Invasion. What would the Cogs have done with them? And where are they now?
- "We're here!" shouted Colonel Violet as the team emerged from a cellar door next to their destination. It seems that they got sidetracked in Daisy Gardens while waiting for The Professor's garden to grow -- only to realize that it wouldn't!
- Captain Rollie clenched the cog-encrusted letter as he stepped forward to knock on the door. However, he didn't even knock a knuckle when he was interrupted by a short and round little dog who was watering a flower nearby. (His garden wouldn't grow, either.)
- "What case can I crack for you Toons?" asked Detective Lima, the owner of the building.
- Captain Rollie handed the letter which Whispering Willow had trusted him with over to the detective, explaining their formerly classified situation. Whoops!
- "Hmm, this envelope is definitely printed from the Cogs, but I've never seen this kind of lettering. Last time I had my hands on one of these, they were building that darn Sellbot Factory down the street that keeps me up all night."
- Lima opened the letter carefully, wiping the splattered oil onto his shorts. His jaw dropped, almost certainly to the ground, as he stared at the contents inside.
- "Spill the beans, Lima. What's in it?" asked Colonel Violet, who wanted to get her pies on the face of whatever Cog wrote it.
- Lima murmured the words "See for yourself," while slowly handing it to The Professor who stood nearby. The letter contained a partial picture of a scary Cog castle - and never-before-seen area that was being worked on around it.
- "Chief Financial Officer," the letter read, "If you are ever able to find your way out of the musky vault that you call an office, you are allowed to join me for a banquet at my recently started Bossbot Headquarters. The Chairman has approved my designs for manufacturing, and it will most certainly be better than any seen before. The pleasure is all yours. -- The C.E.O."
- "This isn't looking good at all, Toons." Lima said with a tone that could be considered worried. "I can't seem to make out any location for this picture, and based on these tears I'd guess that there are another two pieces of it. I'm going to make a copy and send this to Doctor Surlee."
- "The Lawbots are our best bet," Silly Lilly spoke. "If this C.E.O. addressed one of his invitations to the C.F.O., you can bet that the Chief Justice was on there as well."
- And so the team went off, taking the letter with them to investigate the Bossbot's wretched plans. We need to find the Headquarters quick if we're going to stop the Cogs from constructing it -- and Team LHAAFBBHQ is on the case!
Posted by Flippy on April 1, 2015 02:00 PM
- Today is the day, Toons, that many of us have been waiting for a long, long time for. I've heard all about the rumors of areas in Acorn Acres and the secrets that they hold, but I really never believed that one day those rumors would become a reality -- even with Team LHAAFBBHQ on the hunt.
- I was taking my Doodle, Fluffy, for a walk through the golf zone when I stumbled upon the most astonishing sight I've seen in months: The rumored BBQHQ has been discovered.
- Puffs of pitch-black smoke were rising in the distance, and clearing past the branches uncovered a dark, charcoal-stained tunnel that led to the source of the ominous smoke. As much as I am astonished by it, the rumors that The Toon Council had heard were true: I had discovered BBQHQ.
- The uncovered dark tunnel can be found nearby Chip and Dale's Minigolf, leading to an oddly familiar area where Toons can surely grill some of those evil Cogs.
- The whereabouts of Team LHAAFBBHQ are unknown, but reports from the Toon Resistance have said that they may be being held in captivity by the C.H.E.F. -- who gave them an offer that they absolutely couldn't refuse. Tread lightly, Toons, or you too may find yourself unable to escape his banquet.
- We encourage Toons everywhere to go to BBQHQ to take care of the Cogs found there, but we all must remember now more than ever: Toons of the World, Happy April Toons Week!
Posted by Doctor Surlee on April 5, 2015 02:00 PM
- Without any doubt, any Toon who has stepped (or rather, levitated) outside of their door this week has noticed the distinguished lack of sanity here in Toontown - and even more so than usual. Gravity is gone, Toons are even sillier looking than usual, and the Silly Surges are going through the roof! Gah, and there's one Toon who I know is causing it all: Where in the name of Emmett Brown is Sir Max?
- As any Toon who was with us before Doomsday last year will remember, this isn't Sir Max's first time messing with the quantum silliness of Toontown. I don't even know how he managed to get his gloves on that device again, but it seems he has taken it to entirely new -- dare I say it -- heights.
- You see, silliness is a factor here in Toontown that keeps the Tooniverse in balance. It's what keeps the town colorful, keeps Toons laughing, and even animates inanimate objects when things get crazy. When things get too crazy, however, things fall out of balance. My readings are detecting severe gravitational mishaps in all areas of Toontown, especially Toontown Central and BBQHQ - the two wackiest areas in Toontown right now.
- I knew that Sir Max was a fan of the show, and we all know that he loves his references, but this is amounting to sheer insanity. Flippy's Doodle, Fluffy, theorized "The ridiculous rises in the atmosphere are carrying matter naturally upwards with it," to which he was told that he is a Doodle and his observations are not grounds for truth in the scientific community considering that HE'S NOT SUPPOSED TO TALK.
- Grab onto something and hold tight - you certainly will not want to find yourself being ripped up with one of those buildings during today's Easter Egg hunts. By Jiminy, here comes another Silly Surge!
Posted by Sir Max on April 12, 2015 03:30 PM
- HELLLLOOOOOO Toontown! I've returned from my cruise, and man is sunburn painful. I didn't even know dogs could get sunburned! Boy though, did I have you guys fooled.
- I'd bet my gloves that you were expecting some sort of grand April Toons Week prank like the one I pulled last year - but that was too predictable. Instead, I... What's that you say? There was some sort of grand April Toons Week prank?
- After reading through this week's fiasco, it seems that I've been placed on blame for the shenanigans caused this week, and have become the number one most wanted toon in fourteen districts. That's the most I've had since I
- Alas, however, as I cannot claim credit despite as much as I would like to. I've been soaking up the sun, and ironically been head to head with other chunks of ice over on the Toontanic Cruise Lines for spring break! (Which had quite the plummet towards the end of the trip -- I wouldn't recommend it.)
- The folks over at Loony Labs seem to be just as surprised and as I am that I didn't pull the April Toons stunts of this year, and there's no way that I'm letting some amateur prankster reuse my tricks! But one question remains: If I didn't do it... Then who - or what - did?
Posted by Toon HQ on April 15, 2015 12:00 AM
- ATTENTION ALL TOONS: A MEGA-Invasion has Begun!
- Number Crunchers are taking over Toontown!!!
- Get ready for a taxing day ahead of us, folks - Toontown is under siege by an army of vicious, money-grabbing, government-funded Number Crunchers. Those accountants are nothing but trouble, and they are coming in by the thousands today. We're going to need a little more than a tax cut to stop them this time - and luckily, we have a surplus of gags on hand!
- The Number Cruncher invasion is predicted to last all throughout the day for an entire 24 hours -- if we can resist their pocket picking. Luckily, we've managed to secure the following districts as tax-free!
- Be careful out there, Toons, and don't forget to throw away your paperwork!
Posted by The Toontown Team on April 18, 2015 12:00 PM
- In celebration of Toontown's 12th anniversary on June 11th, 2015, Toontown Rewritten will be hosting the first ever Real-world, Pie-splattered, Ever-changing, Toon-themed event on this side of the Tooniverse since 2007 at OMG!Con 2015 in Owensboro, Kentucky!
- Here's a bucket full of information to take in - try to contain your excitement!
- • Toontown Rewritten will be one of the main exhibitors at OMG!Con 2015, which lasts from Friday to Sunday. (June 12-14)
- • Our main ToonFest event will be hosted at 11AM on Saturday, where we have been given one of the largest rooms in the hall for players just like YOU to meet the team, ask questions, pick up some free merchandise -- and even get some sneak peeks at future secrets!
- • Everyone who stops by our exhibit will receive a unique code for a special in-game item, and attendees of the main event on Saturday will get even more!
- • ToonFest 2015, the annual in-game celebration of Toontown Rewritten, will still be hosted on September 19, 2015. This event is a real-world celebration for Toontown's 12th anniversary.
- • The panel will be recorded and uploaded for those who are unable to attend the event - but you really won't want to miss it if you are able to be there in person!
- • OMG!Con is a big convention full of all sorts of things to do outside of Toontown Rewritten - you may come for us, but you'll want to stay for the day full of fun!
- Tickets and hotels are selling out quick, so make sure to get your plan together quickly. We'd really be honored to have you attend! Our panel room will seat up to 250 people, and there is expected to be at least 2,000 attendees this year at the overall convention. Let's make it even bigger by showing them how us Toons have fun!
- You can learn more about the convention and tickets at OMG!Con's official website. We encourage you to order online for a pre-registration discount (Tell them that Toontown Rewritten sent you!), but tickets will also be available at the door. One ticket will get you access to Toontown Rewritten's panel along with all of the other events OMG!Con has to offer.
- Toontown Rewritten receives no profits or revenue from this event -- we're just in it for the celebration of all things Toontown!
- So what are you waiting for? Come by and hang out with us for a while - we promise we won't bite. There's plenty to do, and we're just as excited as all of you. Stay TOONed on our blog for more information as it becomes available, and we hope to see you at our first real world ToonFest!
Posted by The Toontown Team on April 20, 2015 02:00 PM
- We're back, and better than ever before!
- It's been many months since our visit to the rhyme store.
- There was , , and now a third at long last.
- There's much to discuss, so we'll try to rhyme fast.
- It's been a long time for us here on Toontown Rewritten.
- We've gathered players all over, from California to Great Britain!
- Our servers have reached stability - at least for the most part.
- And if you still don't believe us, you should see last year's pie chart!
- Now with the stability behind, and only continuing to grow,
- It's time to get to some of the important news, you know.
- Our game is growing, and faster than we could ever imagine.
- Last year we had Bloomberg, and now is to happen!
- With everything released, you'd think the game would grow stale.
- Though I hope that we have proven we'll surely prevail.
- There are great things in the works, of which you'll see soon.
- And who knows? There may even be new content for each and every Toon.
- Speaking of which, did you know that just a year ago, yesterday
- Was exactly one year since the Election and Doomsday?
- After an entire year, you'd think we would have heard from that duck.
- But we can assure you, he's not out in the grey, shouting, "I'm stuck."
- Now for the point of this post? Reactions, of course!
- We have a lot in store, so much that our voice would grow hoarse.
- New site, new content, new event - all for you!
- With a bit of patience, all of these things will soon come true.
- The Toon Hall is unforgotten, Field Offices are in the works,
- We'd love to give that and the Silly Meter better perks.
- Slappy's still out there, shaken to the core,
- I've even heard of a new neighborhood in store.
- And so we'd like to ask, from all of us to you,
- Have some patience with us, and a tad of excitement too.
- What's that? What are the Cogs up to, you say?
- (Let's just say something is already coming our way.)
Posted by Team LHAAFBBHQ Mission Update on April 22, 2015 11:00 AM
- Something about this isn't quite right... muttered Doctor Surlee to himself, as he examined the piece of a recovered by our faithful explorers of Team LHAAFBBHQ. "It's definitely genuine, but this one section looks... Off..."
- The Doctor was just about to shelf the plans and return to his project, when suddenly a double duo of Toons burst through the door of his lab and abruptly plopped into the back of each other, just barely missing the fragile machinery in front of them. Team LHAAFBBHQ had arrived.
- "Doctor Surlee, I presume?", questioned Colonel Violet at the sight of Loony Lab's founder and most extrordinary inventor.
- He nodded briefly and took another glance at the photo between his thumbs, noting the subtle differences from his memory of before. "This picture that you found... It's interesting, to say the least. I take it your journey hasn't led you into any similar looking areas yet?"
- "Errr, not yet," spoke Captain Rollie, "But we did find something that should invest your interest even more."
- A folded memo was handed over to Surlee from Captain Rollie, who recovered it from an Ambulance Chaser that mistook their golf cart for a real ambulance on their way to Lawbot HQ. The memo was slightly smeared, but the font could be clearly identified as good ol' Portable Remington - a signature style of the Cogs.
- The memo started out surprisingly nicer than the other, reading "To the Chief Justice, my honorably blind colleague:" -- but quickly took a turn for the worst.
- "If you are able to fondle your way outside of your overly reflective court room, I'm sure you would be delighted to join me for a round of golf over at the new Country Club. The Toons have yet to find my expertly hidden Headquarters, and I plan to keep it that way unlike the ruckus caused in your DA Offices. Try not to stumble into a Playground on your way. -- The C.E.O."
- Attached to the back of the memo was another ripped portion with a note stating "ENTRANCE IS HERE, BLINDY" -- which seemed rather illogical considering the Chief Justice would be unable to see said note or picture in the first place.
- "I believe I can patch this up," Doctor Surlee said soundly, reaching for his box of supplies.
- "What kind of machinery could fix it, Doc? A ray gun? An object morpher? Are you able to single out the particles and extract their positioning to reverse the tear?" asked Professor Von Fumblesplat with excitement as Doctor Surlee filtered through his supplies to pull out the greatest invention of all: Tape.
- Doctor Surlee's face turned grim as he taped the two pictures together, and then glanced over at his calendar. "Team, you're going to need to find this last portion of the picture as soon as you can. Don't ask questions - but we need it with haste."
- The team gathered up their supplies and headed out to track down the final piece of the plans, supposedly belonging to a Sellbot, but Silly Lily poked her head through the door before leaving to ask:
- "Doctor Surlee, what's going on?"
- The Doctor shifted his weight and glanced at the calendar once more. He spoke sternly, with a tone of dread in his voice.
- "Something different."
Posted by The Toontown Team on April 23, 2015 12:00 PM
- It's been less than a week since we announced our first real-life , and the turnout has already been TOONTASTIC!
- We've seen people all around the Tooniverse ordering tickets and booking their flights -- and although we know that some of you may be down that you can't attend, we'll be sure that everyone gets in on the fun somehow, whether it be in-game or watching the event live.
- The organizers over at OMG!Con have been just as excited as we are about the large amount of tickets already purchased, and they've been generous enough to offer a promotion for all Toontown players! If you use the code "OMGTT" when pre-registerring for a ticket, you'll receive $3 off on a three-day weekend pass.
- (NOTE: If you already ordered tickets, go ahead and contact OMG!Con with your registration information and mention the special code. They'll be glad to reimburse your ticket price.)
- In case a whopping $3 discount didn't excite you (With the cost of fast food these days, that's enough for a feast!) -- due to the large attendance, we're going to be opening a second panel at 1PM on Saturday called "Developing the Tooniverse" about the internal aspects of Toontown Rewritten.
- That's a lot to take in, so let's wrap it all up!
- • Our ToonFest panel about Toontown content with a developer Q&A session will be hosted at 11AM on Saturday.
- • Two hours later, we'll be hosting a second panel discussing the development of Toontown and MMOs in general to focus more on the top-secret interal aspects of the game.
- • Although Saturday is our panel day, we will be exhibiting in the main hall every day of the event. We'd love if you stopped by and chatted with us!
- • Finally, anyone attending the convention can use the promo code "OMGTT" for a discount when pre-registerring on OMG!Con's website. If you have already ordered a ticket, send them an email and they'll be happy to reimburse you.
- We want to send a huge thanks to everyone who is supporting the event, attending or not, and we hope to see you there! Stay TOONed for more updates down the road as we get closer to ToonFest at OMG!Con 2015.
Posted by Team LHAAFBBHQ Mission Update on April 26, 2015 03:25 PM
- A sense of fear and urgency is on the mind of Toons all around Toontown today as the hilariously heroic explorers of Team LHAAFBBHQ have been confirmed missing by the Toon Resistance.
- The team was last sighted on their way to retrieve the from Sellbots, and based off of their last location: They did.
- Toon Resistance scouts picked up the final picture from the ground outside of Sellbot Headquarters, however the letter itself and attached memo were completely gone. There were, however, some strange phrases written in Remington on the back of the picture.
- We can only wonder where our team has been taken to, and their mysterious fates. Stay strong, everyone, as we await further updates from the Toon Resistance. Now, more than ever, we shout with pride: Toons of the World, UNITE!
Posted by Lord Lowden Clear on May 3, 2015 06:15 PM
- Greetings from the Toon Resistance! With help of Team LHAAFBBHQ's clues and the assistance of Toons across Toontown to crack the code of the Cog's top-secret MINGLERMAIL Memo Management, I must gravely announce that we have finally pinpointed the location of the dreaded Bossbot Headquarters.
- The Headquarters, located just on the outskirts of Chip and Dale's Acorn Acres, is swarmed with Level 8 through Level 10 Cogs, along with a terrifying atmosphere that would spur sadness onto any onlooker. The courtyard of the Headquarters seems to have been sectioned into three distinct areas: The Golf Courses, The Country Club, and the Executive Office Tower.
- The Golf Courses
- Golf Courses are the local passtime of Bossbot Executives - but as fun as they sound, it is far from it. Reports from Resistance Rangers claim that the golf courses are entirely filled with Version 2.0 Cogs, which explode into a Skelecog due to their finely tuned suits.
- In addition to the high level V2.0 Cogs, the golf courses present many eerie challenges that Toons will need to maneuver through to reach the end.
- The Country Club
- Many of the memos received by Bossbots through the MINGLERMAIL system were addressed from the boss of all Bossbots, the Chief Executive Officer (C.E.O.). The C.E.O.'s office isn't the threat presented to us, however -- it's his banquet.
- The top Bossbots from all over Toontown are invited to his banquet to discuss business negotiations that will surely lead to sadness, but luckily, we have a plan: Good Ol' Gil Giggles has been assigned the task of going with Toons to end the Bossbot Banquet and find the boss's pinkslips inside. We can't let them take down our town!
- The Executive Office Tower
- The Resistance Rangers were completely unable to infiltrate the large building that gleams over Bossbot Headquarters, leaving its contents completely unknown to Toonkind. Security Goons have blocked all possible entrances, and peering through windows has revealed nothing except for several large elevators large enough to fit a Cog boss.
- The Toon Resistance is too weak to complete any missions with this building for the timebeing, however our plans are formulating. We will keep you posted on any information we receive.
- Finally, dear Toons, our Resistance Rangers have searched in all key locations but have still not yet found the whereabouts of Team LHAAFBBHQ. MINGLERMAIL Memos lead us to believe that a banquet will soon be hosted with the attendance of the team, however its date is unknown.
- This is where you come in. We need YOU to help us with our mission to complete the Golf Courses, defeat the C.E.O., and find the whereabouts of our brave heroes. Bossbot Headquarters is the biggest challenge that Toontown has ever faced, and it will not be easy to complete it.
- The tunnel to Bossbot Headquarters has started construction and will be completed soon -- in the meantime, you'll need to use the Resistance Salute to enter through a secret coordinate that we learned from the Cog's memos. Ask a friend - you'll find your way in!
- I believe in you, and all of Toontown believes in you. It's time for the Bossbots to be shown who the real bosses are around here. We need to fight against what Team LHAAFBBHQ risked their lives for! (Granted, that wasn't included in the orientation.)
- Until next time, keep those Bossbots busting -- with laughter!
Posted by Sir Max on May 11, 2015 09:00 AM
- Happy Monday, Toontown! It's good to see you up so bright and early -- that is, unless you're reading this later in the day, in which case you are lazy and a cheating scoundrel. Now, I'm not waking up this early and getting a Jellybean bonus for nothing: It's time for the weather report!
- If you thought that Shtickerbook was finally clear of clouds, I hope you enjoyed your clear-sky weekend, because it seems that another cloud has crept up just off the outskirts of Minnie's Melodyland.
- Could it be a new playground? A Cog Headquarters? A red herring just to increase our excitement? Only time will tell! (I will tell you that we're all out of red herrings, though.)
- The forecast is also calling for increased Bossbot activity over by Acorn Acres - the Toon Construction Crew has finished the tunnel that leads into the dreaded headquarters, but it seems that the Bossbots have been up to their own construction as well. You may notice a few changes around the Headquarters.
- Onto the local news! Rumor has it that through all of these documents collected from the C.E.O., Lord Lowden Clear has finally discovered the whereabouts of LHAAFBBHQ. Keep your eyes peeled for information, as they can't be far away.
- Now, I've collected my Bean Bonus, so I shall swiftly return to my bed and throw a pillow over my head until a decent time to wake up. I'm thinking 4:30PM. I hate Mondays. Take care, Toons - and watch out for those oil slicks!
Posted by The Toontown Team on May 13, 2015 02:00 PM
- We've all had questions about Toontown: Where is it located? Why does Donald own two playgrounds? Where did Scrooge McDuck go? Who was phone? Now, we have a question for you: What would you ask if you had the chance to get an answer from the creator himself?
- Jesse Schell is not only one of the original developers behind Toontown Online, but was the lead creator behind it who brought the Tooniverse to life over at Disney Online when the game was first being developed. With ToonFest right around the bend, Jesse has volunteered to remotely be part of our panel and answer questions directly from YOU!
- Here are all of the details you need to know:
- •All players, whether attending OMG!Con or not, can submit a question right over here to be answered by Jesse Schell. All questions must be submitted by 11:59PM Toontown Time (PST) on Saturday, May 16.
- •Us folks on the Toontown Rewritten team will be working with Jesse to choose the best questions about Toontown, which will be answered straight from the man himself via recording at our 11AM ToonFest panel.
- •The Top Toons who submit the best questions will receive a small Toontown Prize Pack complete with some of the items we'll be giving out at OMG!Con, along with some exclusives!
- •Players from all around the world are able to enter: This contest is not restricted to the US.
- •Signed trading cards from Jesse will be given out as prizes for our various contests hosted at the event, and you may even find one in the winner prize pack in addition to some of the first brand-new Toontown Rewritten trading cards that we've created.
- •You'll be able to see Jesse Schell's answers regardless of going to OMG!Con through the recording, which will be uploaded soon after the event is over.
- After founding Toontown, Jesse Schell left Walt Disney Imagineering to become a professor of Entertainment Technology at Carnegie Mellon University and create his own game studio, Schell Games. Jesse continues to follow Toontown and its fans today in hopes of officially bringing it back, and is an active supporter of Toontown Rewritten. You may have even seen him running around town on his red rabbit, Jaymo!
- It's never too late to come to OMG!Con, so make sure to read all about it on and if you're still thinking about coming. We're only one month away from the event, and we'd love to see you there. In the meantime, everyone, have fun in Toontown!
Posted by Sir Max on May 22, 2015 02:00 PM
- For us Toons to protect Toontown, we need some protection ourselves! Luckily, to help us help you help us all, the Toon Council has come up with the latest in account safety technology: ToonGuard.
- If you've logged into Toontown lately, you probably already know what ToonGuard is! ToonGuard is a protection feature that we've implemented to stop people from logging onto your account without your permission. If we detect a login that isn't in the general area of your computer's location, we'll send you an email to make sure it really is you.
- Once you've confirmed that computer for ToonGuard, you'll never have to do it again! We will remember your computer's location so that you can login there and everywhere near it -- but don't worry, this location data is only the general location through your computer's IP address. We won't track ya down!
- If ToonGuard becomes an annoyance to you, you can shut it off with ease over in your Account Settings. Before you're able to shut it off, however, you'll need to confirm three ToonGuard locations. It can't be an annoyance if you've only used it once or twice!
- We're always looking out for the safety of our players over here at Toontown, and you can learn more about ToonGuard right over here on our help page or by contacting Toontown Rewritten Support.
- See you in Toontown!
Posted by Toon HQ on May 23, 2015 11:00 AM
- ATTENTION ALL TOONS: A MEGA-Invasion has Begun!
- Mr. Hollywoods are taking over Toontown!!!
- Be careful out there. One of the biggest invasions we've ever encountered is in progress! As dreadful as it seems, the Cogs must have gotten word that many Toons will be off for an extended weekend this week and used this to their advantage -- How typical of someone in a suit.
- Luckily, we've managed to secure six safe areas where the weekend fun will continue as normal. We've listed them below, but we'll still need your help busting those Hollywoods!
- Mr. Hollywoods are the strongest Sellbot Cog, so you'll need to bring your toughest gags to the table to take them down. Stay safe out there, Toons - if we keep at it, the Cogs will be gone by the end of the weekend!
Posted by The Toontown Team on June 2, 2015 02:00 PM
- I hope you've stocked up on birthday cakes, because they're rising in price due to the whopping TWELVE candles that we're putting on them for Toontown's Birthday!
- It's been 12 years since Toontown Online's public launch on June 2nd, 2003 -- and one year since our public launch where we introduced that ol' ! We certainly aren't toning things down this year - in fact, we're bringing them to a whole new level with our first "real-life" only a few weeks away.
- We've been working hard to prepare all of the things we want to show you at the event for our main celebration of Toontown's birthday -- along with the things that you'll see after it -- and you'll hear more about that as ToonFest draws near. It's never too late to order tickets, but in the meantime: we've got some celebrating to do.
- For the next 24 hours, make sure to hop into Toontown to see our Summer Firework Spectacular every hour, on the hour! You can also use the limited time "toontastic12" code in your Shtickerbook for a one-of-a-kind party hat -- available today only! (Everyone loved the 10th anniversary one, after all.)
- Keep your eyes (and bananas) peeled as well, as you may also see us Toon Troopers running around among the festivities to throw out some Jellybeans and Toon-Ups. If you don't catch us now, don't worry. We'll be back next weekend!
- Enjoy the show, and we hope that you stick around to either watch or come to the real party at ToonFest at OMGCon 2015!
Posted by The Toontown Team on June 11, 2015 09:00 AM
- The dawn of ToonFest is upon us, and we're all as excited as ever! The festivities are finally ready to begin, and we hope that you're settling in just like we are at our various places to stay around the convention center.
- Even if you aren't, though -- we want to keep you connected! We've been wanting to put those new-fangled social media sites to use for a while now, so what better time is there than ToonFest at OMGCon 2015?
- We'll be keeping all of our outlets updated all weekend: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and most of all: Snapchat! Snapchat is a popular smartphone app that allows us to post pictures and videos for you all to see throughout the whole event - sort of like a livestream, but cutting out the boring pieces. You can add us on Snapchat with the username ToontownTV - then check out the event all weekend in the "Snapchat Story" section!
- As the event goes on, major announcements shown at the panel will be posted as soon as possible to our YouTube page, and edited videos of event highlights and the full panel footage will be uploaded a few days afterwards. We'd love to livestream the whole thing for you -- but it's going to be so busy that we've been warned internet is going to be a little shaky there.
- Those who need a refresher on the event can view these quick links to get the scoop on all things ToonFest:
- We encourage you to go and keep up with all of our social media outlets for now and the future. We'll be updating them quite often. Stay TOONed, and we'll keep you posted on the festivities at OMGCon 2015. For those coming - we'll see you there!
Posted by Toon HQ on June 12, 2015 02:35 PM
- ATTENTION ALL TOONS: A MEGA-Invasion has begun!
- Skelecogs are taking over Toontown!!!
- You know what they say: When the Toons are away, the Cogs will play... It's no surprise that these Cogs have ramped up production during the weekend that a lot of our Toon Troopers are out of town. In fact, they've started sending them off the assembly line without any suits!
- Luckily, the Toon Resistance has come to the rescue: Although a lot of our Toon Troopers are out of town, the Resistance Rangers have arrived to protect us the incoming Skelecog Invasion. Throughout the entire weekend of ToonFest, you'll see the Rangers running around and giving out prizes to those "Toon Enough" to help out. And don't you worry - the remaining Toon Troopers who are still here will be around as well to assess the damages and help keep everything under control!
- We've managed to secure six safe areas where your normal weekend fun will resume. We've listed them below, but keep in mind we'll still need your help to bust all of those Skelecogs!
- In addition, keep your eyes peeled: There are plenty of items, news, and events on the horizon for our OMG!Con attendees and those of you who are stuck at home. Stay TOONed for more information, but until then, keep those Cogs under control!
Posted by The Toontown Team on June 15, 2015 02:00 PM
- It's been an exciting weekend for us Toons on the Toontown Rewritten Team, and we know that all of you had a lot of fun as well! Now that we're all back and settled in at Toon HQ, we've uploaded all sorts of information to show you just how much of a success ToonFest was.
- Over 200 Toons showed up just for our event - which was the most popular one at the convention! Make sure to check out our Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, or Snapchat (Add ToontownTV!) for lots of photos, videos, and information. To wrap it all up, here are a bunch of videos to show you everything you might have missed - trust us, all of them are worth watching for those who are "TOON Enough" to do it!
- Our First Advertisement
- The first thing we aired during our panel at OMG!Con was the first of a series of Toontown advertisements, which will be airing on YouTube and who knows where else! Keep your eyes peeled - there are a few secrets in there for those who look closely...
- Operation: Storm Sellbot Headquarters
- Storm Sellbot Headquarters is an event that will be returning from Toontown Online to Toontown Rewritten in July 2015, but even better than before. Watch as Lord Lowden Clear explains how us Toons will STORM SELLBOT HQ!
- Jesse Schellivision
- Toons submitted questions for Jesse Schell to answer during ToonFest at OMG!Con 2015, and here they are! Jesse picked 10 of the most interesting questions, which will receive a Toontown prize pack signed trading card straight from the man himself.
- If your question was answered, check your email sometime this week for information.
- ToonFest 2015 - The Toontown Rewritten Panel!
- The main event at OMG!Con 2015 was a 1 hour and 30 minute panel by the Toontown Rewritten team themselves, featuring some of your favorite members: Joey (Sir Max), Roxana (Boo Boo), Jeremy (Fat McStink), Sam (Shockley), and Jacob (Weird Wacko). Many secrets were revealed, and many questions answered. It's better than a movie!
- Sir Max Gets Pied!
- Azur and Master Stripey Petalcrunch brought a couple of pies to ToonFest for none other than Sir Max (Joey) himself - if that didn't make them "Toon Enough", we don't know what would!
- Fans do the Victory Dance!
- Toons can't have a celebration without the victory dance, which is why we had fans volunteer to tag along with Sir Max to do one before they left ToonFest. It's harder than us Toons make it seem!
- Have a redeemable code?
- If you picked up an exclusive item code at ToonFest, Check back here soon to learn how to get your items! There is an update arriving soon with them - we're just getting settled in back at Toon HQ. The code can be used for only one account, but will work on all current and future Toons on the account. Don't lose it!
- Guess the Jellybeans Contest Winner!
- At our booth at OMG!Con, we held a contest to guess how many Jellybeans were in the Bean bank that we had set up. Lots of Toons came close (We know our Jellybeans, after all), but the closest was Abbey, or Clover Glittergoose, who guessed 3,052 Jellybeans. She was eight beans off from the correct answer: 3,060!
- For her great guess, we're sending her a signed "Bean Counter" trading card from Jesse Schell, along with a Toontown Rewritten T-shirt. Congrats!
Posted by Sir Max on June 27, 2015 05:00 PM
- Whew, what a month! I nearly went back on strike by the amount of posts I had to write. It doesn't get any tougher than writing -- well, zero posts. It's certainly been busy for us here with Toontown's 12th Anniversary and all, and to finish off the month - we'd like to give you some exclusive new items to tie it all up!
- If you haven't heard, as of the last update, all ToonFest attendees can use that little helpful card that you picked up to redeem some exclusive in-game items that are available for your Toon only! We haven't forgotten about the rest of yous, though.
- From now until July 4th, in celebration of the first "real world" ToonFest, (Whatever that means...) you can type the "toonfest2015" code in your Shtickerbook to pick up two new Toontastic accessories for your Toon. If you managed to pick up one of those exclusive ToonFest codes, though, your shoes will have a bit more "pizzazz" to go with the theme of OMGCon!
- The OMGCon codes also come with an exclusive Jellybean pack, which you get access to before any other Toon. These packs will be given out as prizes for contests in the future, so keep your eyes peeled!
- Remember, keep your exclusive codes close: They will only work on one account, but they will work on all Toons that you ever make on that account. That means if you make a Toon a few months from now, they can still redeem the OMGCon code! You can't redeem the code on any other account once it's used, though.
- It's been a crazy month in the Tooniverse, but it's time to start bringing things back to the regular swing. Besides, the primary ToonFest 2015 event is coming up soon!
Posted by Sir Max on July 4, 2015 02:30 PM
- Happy Explosion Day, 'gents! It's that time of year again when we can throw extremely dangerous flammable tubes into the sky and watch in awe as they burst into bright flames of a pallet of three distinct colors. You guessed right: It's the Fourth of July!
- I went to some of my closest friends on the Toon Troop for making sure that these Fourth of July Fireworks go off with a bigger bang than ever before, which ended up marking #413 on the Sir Max List of Good Ideas.
- Sadly, they didn't seem to have the same vision that I did. My pal McQuack said that he has been " and scarred" by my explosives and refused to open the door. Fat McStink muttered that he was too busy planning his own Fourth of July party. Finally, Shockley told me that he was all for it but based on his calculations on the plan that I showed him, at least 250 square miles of Toontown would be burned down due to the show.
- So the Fantastic Fourth group didn't really work out, but you can't stop a big Fireworks Extravaganza on explosion day - in fact, Explosion WEEKEND! Fireworks will be shooting throughout Toontown every hour until July 6th.
- See you on the streets, and don't forget your flame-resistant headgear!
Posted by The Toontown Team on July 6, 2015 12:00 PM
- Ever wanted to get your hands on real world, "out-of-Tooniverse" Toontown merchandise, such as those sweet trading cards given out at ToonFest? Any member of Toontown Online remembers the trading cards that Toons would receive in the mail - and we're bringing them back for FREE!
- Getting a Toontown Member Mailer is simple -- it's our solution to give those neat looking Trading Cards to all members of Toontown, and you can participate from almost anywhere in the world!
- It's easy as a slice of pie to do, and we'll be doing it much more in the future as more trading cards and other cool mailing items are released while supplies last - you'll want to collect them all!
- When mailing your first envelope, feel free to include your own letter to us or some fanart with it. You may see it end up on our website! In fact, if you wait just a few days - you'll be hearing some news about how we'll be using these mailers for fun events.
- You can learn more about the Toontown Member Mailer program over on our Help Page, and don't forget to ask a parent before participating. Enjoy!
Posted by The Toontown Team on July 9, 2015 09:30 AM
- September 19th, Toons! -- In case that date doesn't stand out to you, that's the date of the official celebration of all things Toontown, which marks the two year anniversary of Toontown Rewritten! We started the tradition last year of hosting a huge in-game celebration for the event, and we need YOUR help this year to create it.
- The folks who came to OMG!Con got to celebrate a real world ToonFest for Toontown Online's anniversary, but the real in-game ToonFest makes things even bigger and better since everyone can attend!
- Even better than that, we're pleased to announce the first official Toontown Rewritten contest which lets YOU participate in the designing of ToonFest. Grab a pen, some paper, or maybe some software -- we need your help to "Prep for ToonFest"!
- Here is everything you need to know:
- Even better than that, we're pleased to announce the first official Toontown Rewritten contest which lets YOU participate in the designing of ToonFest. Grab a pen, some paper, or maybe some software -- we need your help to "Prep for ToonFest"!
- Here is everything you need to know:
- • To enter, use your imagination to think of a decoration, outfit, accessory, or small activity that you would like to see at ToonFest. Draw a picture or diagram of it along with a short note describing your idea.
- • Don't worry if you aren't the best artist. This contest is centered on ideas, not artwork. As long as you put in your best effort, we don't mind.
- • The winner's idea will be created by the Toontown team and put into the game itself as part of ToonFest, along with receiving a real life Toontown Prize Pack!
- • Don't let your ideas get too complex -- creativity is our middle name, but we only have a short time to make it! The best ideas often start as the simplest.
- • Entries can be sent in electronically to email@example.com (Make sure to attach your image and description!) or mailed to us when requesting a Toontown Member Mailer.
- • All participants who enter using the Toontown Member Mailer (following the directions there and including your artwork within the envelope) will receive three trading cards for entering and a letter from the Toon Council.
- • Each entry can contain up to three ideas, each with a drawing and description to go with it. We'll do our best to make your idea spring to life if you win!
- • All entries should be submitted or mailed by Monday, July 27th. Winning entries will be announced during the countdown to ToonFest between August 20th and September 19th.
- So what are you waiting for? Get those creative juices flowing! We're eager to see your ideas, and we can't wait for ToonFest! Our team is hard at work on preparing it for you along with plenty of other goodies.
- Remember: Both a design idea and a description must be submitted either physically or electronically. Don't forget any descriptions, and make sure to mail them on time! Have fun!
Posted by Shockley on July 17, 2015 09:00 AM
- Happy Holidays, Toons! I don't want to ho-ho-hold you up for long, but the newest addition that us Toon Troopers have to share with you is certainly something to share with others -- and for them to share with you, too! 'Tis the season for giving, and now you can make use of gifting in Clarabelle's Cattlelog.
- Among all of the smaller bells and whistles that arrive to Toontown, one of the most frequently suggested ones has been gifting. Who can blame them, either? It's a great way to be gracious! I've been handing out gifts to all of my friends, and all it took was an extra stamp on the box.
- In addition to gifting, many new animations are now available to Toons who have been in town for a while -- check out the "Special" section of your Cattlelog to see! We know you've wanted those for quite some time, and we'll be doing even more with them in the future.
- Merry Christmas in July, Toons -- remember to keep on gifting and giving!
Posted by Flippy on July 22, 2015 12:00 PM
- You know that the silliest of summers is upon us when Toontown's population has already burst -- and is continuing to greatly grow! Just this week, we've recorded a count of over 5,000 Toons online!
- My pal over in the "Countless Counts of Counting" department is expecting this number to grow as summer moves on, and of course our Toon Troopers are working on quite a few little doohickeys that will knock your socks off when they arrive.
- With ToonFest being constructed from the ground up with all new gameplay, along with this month's upcoming mission to Storm Sellbot Headquarters with Lord Lowden Clear, there has never been a better time to invite a friend to hop into Toontown and take a tour of the place. Who knows, maybe they'll stick around!
- In the meantime, I'd buy a new pair of socks if I were you. Say, invite your friends to go sock shopping too. Toontown's summer fun is only just beginning!
Posted by Lord Lowden Clear on July 24, 2015 02:00 PM
- Lord Lowden Clear, leader of the Toon Resistance, here to clue you in on our latest scheme. The war on work versus play has raged on for over a year now in our fair town, and it sure isn't going to stop anytime soon. Our Toon Resistance Rangers have been collecting information for weeks, but their plan will only work with numbers on our side. That's where you come in.
- Goofballs and silligicians, get ready for our biggest move against the Cogs yet: Operation: Storm Sellbot Headquarters.
- Join the Battle Against the Boss!
- As shown in my latest Toon Resistance trainee footage, we've managed to put together a four part plan in collaboration with Loony Labs to take advantage of the Sellbot Vice President's weak security. He'll certainly be paying for not keeping it in line!
- That means that even if you don't have your Cog Disguise yet, you can run into Sellbot Headquarters to assist in taking down the V.P.! Our Resistance Rangers also managed to slow down factory production, which has resulted in much lower Cog levels available in the boss' battle arsenal.
- Introducing Toon Resistance ToonTasks!
- For this operation to succeed, we're going to need lots of help on our missions. We've managed to secure a Toon Resistance Outpost right in the heart of Sellbot Headquarters, where you'll find myself and my comrades readily available to give you your next assignment against the Cogs.
- Not only do we need these tasks to be completed, but we need them completed quick! These ToonTasks will expire as soon as our operation has ended, and no reward will be given.
- The Toon Resistance needs YOU!
- We've set our sights to put a huge damper in the Sellbot's progress, and you Toons are the perfect ones to do it. Whether you are a high-laff veteran or a new Toon in town, team up with your friends to help us Storm Sellbot Headquarters!
- Operation: Storm Sellbot Headquarters will begin on July 31st and last until August 14th. That gives you a week to clear out your ToonTasks, stock up on gags, and prepare your team to infiltrate the tower. We're counting on you, Toons, now more than ever. I'll see you at The Storm.
Posted by Resistance Ranger Rocky on July 31, 2015 03:00 PM
- It's finally time -- Operation: Storm Sellbot Headquarters is now IN ACTION! Lowden gave you the last week, but as expected, the Cogs caught wind of our plan as well and have already sent out their defenses. Luckily, we planned for this with Phase One: CLEAR THE COURTYARD!
- Now HOOOOOOLD your horses if you were wanting to get in and fight the Vice President right away. We aren't ready yet! Allow me to introduce myself: The name's Rocky, a Resistance Ranger stationed at our Outpost in Sellbot Headquarters. With the Cogs knowing our plans, our Operation is getting a whole lot more complicated.
- The Vice President sure doesn't want anyone ruining his marketing strategy, which is why he sent out a Mover and Shaker Mega-Invasion into Toontown. Some of those Cogs are even Version 2.0! If we can't take those baddies down, there's no way we can get into that courtyard.
- Grab some gags and head over to the headquarters: We'll be there as soon as we can get an opening in the waves of invasions! For those of you who still need time to clear your ToonTasks, make sure to do so.
- Phase One of Storm Sellbot Headquarters is in action, but the real fun arrives once we clear out this invasion. Prepare yourself for new SOS Cards, ToonTasks, items, and more as we get ready for the next phase -- and trust me, it'll be worth the short wait. We're in the calm before the STORM!
Posted by Goofenshmirtz on August 1, 2015 03:00 PM
- Great greetings to you! Ahaha, my name is Goofenshmirtz -- the fellow they put in charge of gathering the gags and goofy gears for our Toon Resistance Outpost. Those Mover and Shakers are stomping as some would call swiftly, but they've decreased in diversity -- and allowed us to initiate Phase Two of the startup: SEND IN SUPPLIES!
- Tonight - yes, tonight in fact - a whole shipment of supplies will be slipping into Sellbot Headquarters for our big "Cogtastrophe" that we're going to cause. Careful that it doesn't stub your toes - those drop planes don't like to stop! Heh.
- Now, I'm sure you're wondering what MY role is. I'd be wondering if I were you too, because it's something pretty great: GAGS GALORE! If you're for a little, errr - "Just for Fun" during the operation, I've got quite a couple of missions for you. As for your reward - well, let's just say that we've got excess pies from cakes to slices, and I don't care who you throw them at as long as it's not me.
- Now, while Lowden's original plan accounted for the operation to end on August 14th, the invasion has set us back. Luckily, I've packed enough supplies to keep Storm Sellbot going until August 21st -- nearly an entire month of Cog busting!
- It's almost time for the Storm to start. See you on - well, soon!
Posted by Loopy Loopenloop on August 2, 2015 06:00 PM
- Loopy Loopenloop's the name! -- "Loopy", to you.
- Your Cog-busting dreams are soon to come true!
- As one of the many Resistance Rangers, I can tell you no lies.
- So it's time for Phase Three: Pick up your RENTAL DISGUISE!
- Toons can enter high and low, maxed to fifteen,
- The Vice President's tower, on which he'll surely scream.
- Regardless of parts, promotion, merits, or gag:
- You can enter Sellbot Towers, but try not to lag!
- Be kind to Toons in there, especially those who rhyme.
- Once you get missions from me, you'll hear it all the time!
- For defeating the Cogs, and helping the "Rents",
- I'll give experience rewards to all of you 'Gents!
- We're almost ready! The Rangers will be there soon,
- In the meantime, have fun defeating that big ol' goon.
- Get yourselves ready, prepare what's in store,
- Everything you've wanted and more will arrive with Phase Four!
- Hopefully, I haven't thrown you for too much of a loop...
- At least I'm not as crazy as some of the Toon Troop!
Posted by Lord Lowden Clear on August 8, 2015 02:00 PM
- You've defeated the Shakers, collected our supplies, and received your Rental suit. Now, it's time for that hard work to finally pay off. Operation: Storm Sellbot Headquarters is in full swing with Phase Four: The Resistance Rangers have arrived!
- Each of the Rangers you met over these past few days have been stationed in our Outpost in Sellbot Headquarters to give out Toon Resistance ToonTasks for you to complete as the event goes on.These missions have all sorts of new, unique rewards, which will make Storming Sellbot HQ all the more worthwhile!
- To get started, hop down into the pit and visit yours truly: I'm currently offering two introductory missions, each with a special reward! Don't think you're going to be getting off that easy, though. As the event goes on I'll have many more missions for you to complete, each with a greater reward and greater difficulty!
- If you're looking for more than just a keepsake from the Operation, you'll want to stop by our other Resistance Rangers as well for even more ToonTasks - they have dozens! Remember, though: Toon Resistance ToonTasks will expire at the end of the operation. If you don't complete it by then, you won't get your reward!
- Although our Rangers have taken over the Courtyard, the Cogs have proved to be too strong in some areas. If you're looking for a normal Sellbot battle away from the storm, visit one of these districts:
- While this may be our final phase, we certainly won't be stopping here. Expect more missions, more rewards, and more Cog-battling insanity as Operation: Storm Sellbot Headquarters rages on.
- Until then, keep them busting -- with laughter!
Posted by Flippy on August 19, 2015 04:00 PM
- Operation: Storm Sellbot HQ has been a HUGE success! With thousands of Cogs defeated, and dare I say millions of pies thrown, there isn't any doubt from any of the Toons in town that those Sellbots have taken a beating. With that said, there's only one thing left to do: Integrate Phase FIVE: Extend the Operation!
- Lord Lowden Clear and all of his crew are offering brand-new missions for you to complete up until midnight on August 30th, when the Resistance will pack up their supplies and Operation: Storm Sellbot HQ will end.
- You won't want to miss out on the limited-time SOS cards and unique rewards that they have to give you -- and I even have a little bit of a "mission" for you myself! Somewhere along the way, Fluffy's collar was lost in Sellbot HQ... (He's my "Doodle" -- I found him at ToonFest last year!) But we'll discuss those details later.
- In the meantime, go visit Lowden -- the Storm is raging on, and we're not done yet!
Posted by The Toontown Team on August 20, 2015 02:00 PM
- With the closing of Toontown Online, the announcement of Toontown Rewritten, and which brought Toontown to be playable for everyone last year -- August 20th and September 19th have been key dates in Toontown's lifetime for the past two years. With such huge announcements of that scale, we certainly aren't going to let things die down this time around!
- Grab your gags, find some friends, and get your party pants on -- it's time to get ready for ToonFest 2015!
- What is ToonFest?
- ToonFest, based on the name of Disney's real-life Toontown party at Disneyland and Disney World, is the annual celebration of all things Toontown! It's time to take a break from the Cog battles, make some new friends, and play some fun games while we think about how far we've come.
- This year also marked the first , which isn't to be confused with the annual in-game ToonFest celebration. Every year, we will hope to have one real-life ToonFest to kick off the summer and Toontown's birthday, followed by the larger in-game ToonFest to wrap it all up with Toontown Rewritten's birthday -- which is what we're doing now!
- What happens at ToonFest?
- On September 19th, the official ToonFest celebration kicks off and we'll start telling you all about the Toontastic new gameplay that we'll be releasing throughout the event. Last year, we JUST for ToonFest, which will be making a return with even more to come this year!
- How do I prepare for ToonFest?
- Preparing for ToonFest is easy! Any Toon can participate, both high and low, but you'll definitely want some friends with you. You should stock up on Jellybeans as well -- they may just come in handy!
- For the next month, we're going to be constantly updating the blog with Backstage Toontown posts to tell you all about what we've been working on here on the Toontown Rewritten Team, along with announcing the who will have their idea put into the game at some point during the length of ToonFest.
- What is there to celebrate?
- Toontown Rewritten has come a long way since we first announced the game two years ago, and every year it's getting better! We can't even begin to start listing all of the accomplishments that have been made, but here are a few little stats:
- Toontown has:
- • Over 630,000 registered players
- • A peak population of 6,134 Toons
- • Over 250,000 Cogs smashed daily
- • ...And the most TOONTASTIC fans in the Tooniverse who have gotten us here!
- To put that in "Cog" terms, Toontown has grown more than 400% in the past year. We'd be greedy to ask for any more than that -- but we have no doubts that Toontown will continue to grow even more as time goes on!
- We can't wait for you to see what we have in store for this year's ToonFest, and it's only going to get better from there. There's only one question we have left to cover, and it's the most important question of all:
- Are YOU Toon Enough?
Posted by The Toontown Team on August 24, 2015 03:30 PM
- Welcome to our latest edition of the Toontown Rewritten backstage column. These columns will give you the total inside scoop on what we've been working on for Toontown Rewritten in the past year -- or at least, some of it!
- I'm Joey, also known as "Sir Max", being joined by our pal Luke ("King Romeo") for this backstage post about a feature we're fairly excited about. Back in January, at this little project of ours, and at long last it is finally coming to life. Let's hear all about the:
- Replacing the Outstandingly Outdated
- We love the colorful and fun look of our website, but when you get into it: It's pretty bland. There's nothing to do! It was only meant to be a way to deliver news to you Toons and be replaced shortly after Alpha ended, but we got incredibly sidetracked along the way and now it's been stuck with us for the greater part of two years.
- Time for a Change
- Ever since Beta began, our artists have been on and off creating new concepts for a cool, new website for Toontown. We've been through many concepts, and while a lot of them were pretty cool, our main intention has always been clear: There needs to be something to do.
- Creating a Delightful Design
- 1. It's gotta be fun.
- 2. It's gotta look wacky.
- 3. It's gotta have a big, red "PLAY" button!
- When we brought Luke onto the team last year to help us finalize our new website design, these rules were all taken into account along with plenty of other references for nostalgia and Toontastic awesomeness. For example, do you remember the weekly polls from Toontown Online's very first website? Those were great -- and they'll be coming back!
- Stay TOONed to see what the final design will like, but in the meantime, we want to hear from you: What do YOU want to see on Toontown's new website?
- We're eager to hear your suggestions, and we'll be eager to hear more when we see you at ToonFest 2015!
Posted by The Toontown Team on August 31, 2015 09:00 AM
- Welcome back to the Toontown Rewritten Backstage column! It's me once again, Joey ('Sir Max') to tell you all about one of the most fun and interesting parts of my job here on Toontown. It's become essential to our success, and you're even reading it right now! Let's take some time to learn the process of:
- The Creativity's Creation
- The Daily Alpha Updates were immensely fun to write, and really inspired a lot of the creativity that has since been integrated into our game. It was no easy feat to commit to writing a new story every day, but the end result benefited our game and kept players interested more than ever imagined!
- Rewriting the Storyline
- Although Toontown's tradition of fun and silly blog posts with short stories have always been fun, Toontown has never really had a lot of exposure to lore outside of trading cards and the old introduction video, which featured Scrooge McDuck activating Gyro Gearloose's robot, thus creating the Cogs.
From the very start of Toontown Rewritten, I've set my focus on bringing that back for the older players who enjoy following it. Did you know that every aspect of Toontown Rewritten has a story to it, even having to remake your Toontown Online Toons, and things such as Parties needing to be redeveloped?
- The fact of the matter is, Toontown Rewritten's story has been planned out from beginning to end. It's what inspired the name "Rewritten"! Have you ever heard of a monkey named Doctor Surlee, or the significance of his pocket-watch in our logo? It's no mistake that occasionally images are labeled with the year 2003, or that none of the Toons in town seem to know what a "Doodle" is! The biggest part is that the most important secrets have yet to come.
- Secret Ciphers and Mysterious Blueprints
- MMO Central Forums to talk about what the ciphers could mean, and after lots of puzzling and planning, they get it right!
- Some players have even started an entire wiki dedicated to keeping track of the story as Toontown goes on, which is a great place to start if you'd like to hear about it for yourself. It's no boring tale, and it will only get better from here!
- Now that you've learned a little bit more about my role here on the Toontown Rewritten team, what do you think? Do you enjoy the blog posts, in-game events such as The Toon Council Presidential Election, or new ToonTask dialogue like the ones seen in Storm Sellbot HQ? -- You better, because I wrote all of those!
- But if you don't, or if you'd love to see any new stories told in Toontown Rewritten, I would love to hear your ideas. It's about time that we hear about Lord Lowden Clear's past, don't you think?
- I hope you've enjoyed the many tales I've told throughout the two years of Toontown Rewritten, and I hope you enjoy the new ones to come! For those of you who have become restless for new information on Doctor Surlee's adventures, it won't be too much longer now. ToonFest has quite the story for you as well! After all, time is ticking.
Posted by The Toontown Team on September 8, 2015 09:00 AM
- Hey there, Toons! I'm Maya, also known as 'Slate Blue Rabbit'. It's been around a year since the I wrote to you, and today I'm here to share with you one of my favorite things to do as an artist for the Toontown Rewritten Team - Toontown Fashion!
- While most of the big new projects we work on take a long time to make, smaller things like outfits and accessories have been released quite frequently. We've released a lot of them over the past two years, most of which I personally got to work on, but how are they made? Take a look at how we:
- Selecting a Style
- The real world has a lot of outfits and styles, but it isn't good enough to just pick a random one! It is very important to match the style of the items with the rest of the game. We try to provide something that will look unique, while still keeping it in line with the game style so it won't end up looking "out of place" -- like a Cog at the Gag Shop!
- Outfits and accessories need to keep the colorful Toon style so you won't end up looking like a boring Cog, but it's still important to have the right balance of colors and shades that won't be too bright or colorful. Your eyes need rest when you spend your whole life playing Toont... I mean, when you have fun playing the game for 2 hours a day while taking healthy breaks!
- While some outfits are sort of generic, other outfits are made for specific events. When possible, we want the item to have some detail that is related to the event. Good examples would be the outfits from last year's ToonFest - the "Beta Bug Hunter" outfit was given to the people who helped us "catch" the in-game bugs on closed beta, and the squirt outfit was given to playtime players since during that time they were mainly working on training gags on their new toons.
- We also try to make items that will go well with at least some of the outfits and accessories you already have in your closet, so that you can mix and match! Did you pick up a pair of Cog-Crusher Shades during Storm Sellbot? No other accessory matches the outfits!
- Matching the Models
- While trying to turn ideas into real in-game items, we often run into two main technical problems that forces into changing and flipping the idea all over. Items have to match all kind of toons, you know, and look as close as possible to each other on each toon type.
- The 3D model for a body combined with a skirt is different than the model for a body combined with shorts, but they all use the same clothing! While long body types stretch the detail to the top, wide body types will stretch the same detail to the sides. Now, try to make a button that will look round on ALL of those!
- The second problem that while a design may look great up close, details disappear when you're standing far away from them! A lot of tiny details will get lost and won't be seen at all when the model is not filling your whole screen. That means all details have to be big and clear enough in order for you to be able to see them from far away.
- Toontastic Teamwork
- Now, I'm not doing any of this all by myself! After the first version is finished, every single item gets voted on from the rest of the team. The other artists give advice to improve, and the rest of the staff give feedback from the player's point of view. Sometimes we have more than one artist working together on the same file to get the full potential from the idea. A few minds are better than one!
- Sometimes, after revisions, the designs will come out totally different! Did you know that the OMG!Con Shoes were denim and green, and the jester outfit from Halloween was an eye-blinding red and blue?
- Making sure it's FUN!
- The bottom line of the design process: The result has to be something that we would want to wear. As a player since Toontown Online opened, I was able to collect a lot of good ideas for things I've always wanted to see in the game, items I was missing, and the different styles the toons around the town like to wear. I am also counting on your feedback for the things we've already made - every time I see a toon wearing something I designed, I know that we've got it right!
- But what I'm completely sure about is that YOU collected some ideas of your own as well! What outfits or accessories you've always wanted to see in the game? What is that one item you are missing in order to make your outfit perfect? Share your ideas with me in the comments, and who knows, you might see some of them in the game at the future!
- There are tons of new accessories and outfits coming up as ToonFest approaches, but in the meantime, I'd like to give you a sneak peek! Over to the right you can click to see just a very, very small amount of the new items coming to Toontown. In fact, ToonFest will be bringing more apparel to the game than any other event has yet!
- You know, there is one more thing. I've heard a lot of talk lately about not having enough wardrobe space for all of the new outfits... And we certainly can't have that!
- You may just be getting those expansions soon, and you'll certainly need them with the new items to come at ToonFest 2015. See you there!
Posted by The Toontown Team on September 15, 2015 02:15 PM
- Welcome to the most recent addition of the Toontown Backstage columns -- Wow, what an honor it is to be here! My name is Jacob, known as "Weird Wacko", one of the support and moderation team members here on the Toontown Rewritten team.
- Moderation isn't all I take care of, though. I'm actually one of the primary coordinators for making possible! The team asked me to write this post for you all, and either they've all gone crazy, or they finally realized it was about time to stop letting Sir Max hog all the spotlight! Well, let's see if we can do this without getting sidetracked too much. Let's talk about how I helped with:
- An Interesting Idea
- When I'm not spending my time dropping big weights on Cogs, training trap, or waiting on help to defeat a Cog Building ToonTask, I like to attend conventions. Did I say like? I mean I LOVE it!
- Traveling is one of the best parts of attending conventions, with all of the cool places you get to see. We've always tossed around the idea of attending a convention as the Toontown Rewritten Team, but I finally realized how it could actually happen! I ran home in my costume with my shield flying in the air to arrange a meeting with Sam ("Shockley") and Joey ("Sir Max"), who completely loved the proposal.
- This time last year, there was talk of a real-world ToonFest, but our playerbase had only 150,000 users and we felt that it wasn't enough just yet. When we hit a landmark 500,000 registered accounts only a few months later, we felt it was about the time to use a Level 7 Lure gag with a 100% chance of not missing our opportunity.
- An Outstanding Announcement!
- We contacted a few conventions which were being held around the time of Toontown's 12th anniversary, marking the beginning of summer, and it was quickly decided that OMG!Con was our best bet. A meeting was held the moment we got our acceptance email, but the question was -- what's next?!
- No one expected us to hold a real life convention, neither did we! Joey helped plan out a big surprise post to announce it, and a mere 24 hours after that announcement, it was a hit! OMG!Con contacted us again, surprised at sudden influx of tickets that came from Toontown and offered a promotion code to give out to TOONS ONLY! They even scheduled us into the main event room.
- With this many attendees, though, that only meant that we would have to make it even better than what we had planned. We received comment after comment, email after email about excited players who decided to spend their entire summer vacation trip coming to party with us.
- The Convention Congregates!
- People came from all over the United States to come see us at OMG!Con - and our staff had to come from all around, too! None of us actually live in Kentucky, ironically enough. For our first convention, we wanted to try to get a centralized location where travel could be pretty even from all sides of the United States, which the overwhelming majority of our playerbase comes from.
- A lot of us flew, and some even drove for 12 hours straight! In addition to meeting all of you, we even got to meet each other for the first time due to the technological boundaries of our team. We come from all over the world, but meeting each other there was like seeing a distant family member.
- In addition to the many players who came to see us, we had a couple of guest celebrities come and talk to us as well, such as Xander Mobus from Nintendo's Super Smash Brothers (3DS/Wii U) who gave us this awesome recording. We also designed a bunch of Toony props to check out, such as a real life Bean Bank and Estate phone!
- The biggest and best part of the entire weekend was when the time finally came for our panel to begin. As the time approached, people were wrapped all around the walls and down the stairway just to get in. In total, there were over 250 people who came solely for Toontown!
- Now that you've heard all about ToonFest at OMG!Con, we want to hear about what we should do in the future! This event wouldn't have been possible without you, and we'd love to hear your thoughts on the next one.
- Should we host it at OMG!Con again? Do you have any conventions that you'd like us to attend instead? We want to hear from you!
- Wait - it's September already?! I have to run and prepare for the ToonFest 2016 convention now! What kind of prizes should we give? Trophies? Buttons? Beans?... Oof, I better get started!
- Have a great time at ToonFest 2015!
Posted by Riggy Marole on September 19, 2015 07:00 AM
- The festivities begin at 2:00PM Toontown Time. (PST)
- ToonFest is being prepared... Sit tight!
Posted by Riggy Marole on September 19, 2015 02:20 PM
- Toons from all over, far and wide, let me be the first to finally welcome you to ToonFest 2015! The name's Riggy Marole, 'gents -- spelled with an R, an I, a Y, and a few G's thrown in there.
- I'm here as your official "Tour de Part-ay" guide for everything ToonFest, and look fellas, this year won't be one to forget. The gates to the area are soon to open, and it's my job to give you the whole rigmarole of this year's festivities. HA! Let's get started, shalln't we?
- The ToonFest Grounds are BACK!
- That quaint little tunnel in the middle of Acorn Acres has opened up again, and this time it isn't for a barbecue! Those Toon Troopers - the "elves" I like to call them (And they don't enjoy it one bit!) - have went through and restructured the area for all sorts of new activities.
- As you walk into the winding woods, in addition to last year's events, you'll find yourself met with all-new activities to play with, and some delightfully distracting decor! I tell you, they couldn't get me away from the confetti cannons for hours when I first saw the construction area. I was taken away in a straight jacket!
- The Introductory Intro of ToonFest Tokens!
- Jellybeans -- never really been a fan of spending them. I'd much rather eat 'em. Problem is, I fill my mouth so high that I never have enough spare to actually buy things, ya know? Luckily, this year's ToonFest brings the becoming of the newest in anti-edible monetary solutions: ToonFest Tokens!
- For every game you get, you'll grab a few ToonFest Tokens at the end to be added straight to your jar that you get to carry around everywhere with yas'. What can you spend them on? I don't even know!
- The Toon Council has locked up a bunch of doors straight in the center of ToonFest, connected to that big tower and all. As the event goes on, each of those doors will be opened up with all sorts of valuables and treasures to fill up your fun-filled desires. Grab as many tokens as you can get ahead of time!
- Time's a Flyin', and There's More to Come!
- Unlike the ToonFest of year's past, it's my absolute exciting pleasure to announce that ToonFest will be lasting for an entire month this year! That means from now until October 19th, this big bad party isn't coming to a halt even once.
- Don't you buy your ticket for the next hype train on track five just yet, because they extended that date for a good ol' reason. What that means is new games, new activities, new items, and new events will be added right up until the very end, and I'll be right here with you through it all.
- Hoof. Heh. Wheeeeeewwww. I got myself carried away up there. Look folks, ToonFest is starting up pretty soon. As soon as that red button appears in the top right of your screen, you'll know it's there. In the meantime, sit tight as the elves run around to glisten things up. You know I like my glisten.
- See you in the next ToonFest update, kiddos. It's time to get our party on, for the biggest celebration in the TOONIVERSE!
Posted by Riggy Marole on September 21, 2015 12:00 PM
- Whew, what a weekend! Heh. Who knew a trampoline spring could cause so many problems? As we prepare the next stages of ToonFest 2015, I've stopped by to tell you all an extremely extraordinarily exciting announcement: I'm tossing away all of my Jellybeans!
- Back in July, the Toon Council held the "Prep for ToonFest" Contest where Toons from all over the globe could submit their ideas to be constructed for this very event.
- As part of my job as your ever-so-animated "Host with the Most" of ToonFest, it was of course part of my rather reasonably receding list of responsibilities to look through these ideas, and I happened to see one that seemed to fit the bill...
- The idea was EXTRAORDINARY! It was MAGNIFICENT! Some may even call it ONLY SOMETHING RIGGY WOULD PICK! Rascals and rabbits, this idea so happens to be CALLED...!
- Bean Bags, an idea by Taylor! Just think about it: I've got all of these jellybeans that I've got no use for anymore, and that idea of hers is so cleverly simple that I can just fill up a bunch of bags of my own beans and toss them all around ToonFest! After all, you'll be needing them for some of the upcoming activities.
- Don't fret if your idea didn't get chosen, because guess what: There were too many ideas to choose! Taylor's idea was the most simply simple standard, but I've got alllllll of your other ideas sitting right here in the bottom of my shoe. Every. Single. One.
- For any future ideas we choose to use from the "Prep for ToonFest" contest, we'll make sure to credit you accordingly and send you a Toontown Prize Pack of your very own.
- Now, my dear fretful friends, gather some friends and go on a hunt -- more activities are coming your way soon!
Posted by Flippy on September 26, 2015 03:00 PM
- Happy ToonFest, everyone! I haven't had a chance to join the celebration yet since I've been looking for a leash for my Doodle, Fluffy. Something about that area makes him want to wander off. Now that we're a week into the festivities, though, I certainly wasn't going to miss the opening night of the ToonFest Finale Fireworks!
- Fluffy has been flipping flips ever since I told him the news, and to be completely honest with you - I have as well! Fireworks are my favorite parts of the festivities, and the ToonFest Finale Fireworks are the most spectacular show in all of Toontown.
- If you've never seen them before, make sure to stop by Toontown tonight as the sun sets on the ToonFest grounds (Seriously, the sun sets there now! Weird, huh?) tonight at 9:00 PM Toontown Time (PST) for the very first show. After that, the show will repeat once every three hours in every Playground until the end of ToonFest!
- You may want to stop by about 15 minutes early as well to catch the sunset - it sure is something to stare at. Although we like to call these the "Finale" fireworks, ToonFest is only getting started, and now we can keep on partying throughout the night with fireworks to light up our path!
- Keep close to the blog, because I hear that Riggy has something super special for you coming up very soon. See you at the Finale Fireworks Show!
- Daily Fireworks Schedule
- All Times are in Toontown Time (PST)
- 12:00 AM 12:00 PM
- 3:00 AM 3:00 PM
- 6:00 AM 6:00 PM
- 9:00 AM 9:00 PM
Posted by Riggy Marole on October 6, 2015 09:00 AM
- Where have I been? Where have YOU been?! I know, I know, it's hard to have a party without me. I can tell you exactly where I've been, though: Preparing the Token Takers for their official debut into the ravishing lands of ToonFest!
- Now, fellas, fellas, let me tell ya's that I'm on your side. If I had my way, we woulda had these prizes out for you on Day ELEVEN! (Fun number to say, and all.) The thing is, you just can't rush these sort of things. Do you know what kind of trouble it takes to get these Token Takers ready?
- First, the shipment of accessories was late. Next thing you know, you've got all these bears waltzing in normal attire as if they were stopping by the post office. But no sir, this job is a job of HONOR! And VALIANCE! And most of all - FASHION!
- It's not quite there yet, by the way. I just figured it was good of me to stop by and tell you that SOON! IT WILL BE THERE! You've just gotta trust me, alright? I've got a load up my sleeve, and this party ain't ending without a final KABLAMO from the shenanigans I've cooked up.
- Stock up on those ToonFest tokens, folks, because these prizes ain't cheap, and there's at least seventy-two of them that you're going to want. I am absolutely not exaggerating. Probably. There's more activities on the way, too -- stay TOONED!
- Note from the TTR Team: More ToonFest festivities are on the way! Something has come up to make us busier than ever, but you'll be excited to see the result. The next set of ToonFest updates will be coming out before you know it, and we suggest you take Riggy's advice on stocking up on tokens!
- Be sure to follow our Twitter, Facebook, or Snapchat (ToontownTV) to stay posted on the exciting things to come.
Posted by Token Taker Ted on October 11, 2015 02:00 PM
- Step right up folks, step right up! I've got yer shirts, I got yer accessories, I've got all sorts of prizes right here for YOU in exchange for some of those lovely ToonFest tokens of yours. A fair exchange, as sure as the mustache on my muzzle!
- The doors to the ToonFest tower have opened up to reveal the shop of myself and my fellow friendly Token Takers, who will gladly exchange various goods for any tokens you've earned throughout ToonFest! Make sure to spend 'em all, because they'll melt before next year!
- Melt, I say? You heard me correct, buck-o. Believe it or not, those tokens are made out of pure chocolate! Us Toons certainly wouldn't go back on edible currency, you know. Just don't tell Riggy -- there's a reason we convinced him that these coins are solid gold, and it ain't for the fortune! He'd go crazier than his cousin jackrabbit if he consumed as much chocolate as he does jellybeans.
- In addition to the MARVELOUS prizes I've got ya, we've got a special one this year -- the Limited-time ToonFest Toon Color! You don't think we'd let Riggy Marole keep that paint to himself, eh? If you're enjoying his color, you may want to pick it up for yaself! Just remember -- it's permanent, and only available during this time of the year.
- Stop on by and pick up a few of these prizes, which will be available until 11:59PM Toontown Time (PST) on October 19th. Tell 'em I sent 'cha!
Posted by Riggy Marole on October 20, 2015 02:00 PM
- That's all, folks! It's been a great month, and I hate to say it, but its high time that ToonFest closes its doors for the year. There's just a little bit of cleanup left for the "elves" to do (They still hate that name, hah!), and then I'll retire to my little rabbit hole until next time.
- ToonFest gained a whole lot to make it better than years before, and you can bet your britches that it will only get better in the future. They've already got new ideas, ya know! As for those other accessories, soon you'll --
- ...What's that? Flippy, you're joshin' me! I haven't seen him, no, he's been right there with you. What do you mean he's gone?
- Err- Gonna have to cut this post short, pals. Minor emergency here on the ToonFest grounds! I hope you enjoyed ToonFest, and I'll be seeing you again soon enough. Farewell for now!
Posted by Jack O' Kazam on October 25, 2015 02:00 PM
- Eerck heh hehck,
- I'd frown at the sight of me, too.
- But don't fret my fellow Toons, I've come here able
- With a deal from me to you...
- As you've seen, Spooktown's curse has returned!
- I swear that it wasn't my own dastardly trick.
- You see, the curse raves on from all years past,
- Due to that lime dog who made me sick.
- There is a way to break it, I tell you true,
- A way worth more than a few candy tags,
- I've lost my supplies, large portions of beans!
- And now all over Toontown are scattered bags.
- Here's the deal, dear Toons, a deal so true
- Your mouths shall be watering with pure excitement.
- Collect those bags of mine, full of beans and more,
- With more than breaking the curse being your enticement.
- I should warn you, however, those bags of mine,
- At times they can be a bit tricky.
- Jellybeans they may give you, but don't blame me,
- If you find yourselves in a situation rather sticky.
- So what do you say, do we have a deal?
- Shake my hand, and the pact will be sold!
- Don't trust me you say? After all that I've done?
- I assure you that I'd never be so cold.
- Keep your eyes on the streets, during Spooktown's Trick or Treat,
- And with final word I'll make sure to leave the locations with you.
- But know this part, that before you start,
- The Pumpkin Head Curse reigns true.
Posted by Sir Max on October 31, 2015 12:00 AM
- Did you miss me? The time around ToonFest always puts me out of a job for writing blog posts, but you know that I wouldn't dare be absent for the only holiday of the entire year where I won't get in trouble for unleashing a swarm of bats into Shockley's yard!
- It's normally Flippy who gets this prime-time post at 12:00AM on the night of Hallow's Eve -- after all, Halloween was the day he launched his election campaign in 2002! -- but he's got himself tied up with other things. Not literally! He wasn't the one I tied up this year.
- In light of Flippy's absence, of course, someone had to take on the role of President of the Toon Council during our near-apocalyptic circumstances caused by Jack O' Kazam! Luckily, I already had a Flippy suit for my costume this year, and the Toon Council was stuck in a candy coma before they could veto the decision. Democracy is neat like that!
- Between the gloomy curse-filled weather, cheerless curse-filled pumpkins, mysterious curse-filled bean bags, and dangerous surprisingly-not-cursed Bloodsucker Mega-Invasion, there really could not be a better day to head outside and spread some Halloween horrors!
- Even though Flippy is busy on his hunt, that would never stop him from spreading some horror himself over by Toontorial Tom's shop. He always has a "TOONTASTIC" surprise for any cats that may cross his path!
- As you head out on your tricksy and treatsy missions tonight, kids, just remember: 'Tis better to treat and trick than to trick or treat! Parents, just never mind I said that.
Have a Horrific Halloween!
-- Sir Max
(Temporary Stand-In President in Charge of Presidency during Flippy's Absence)
Posted by Sir Max on November 7, 2015 02:00 PM
- You may have been led on the miraculous missions, heeded the woeful warnings, or heard the valiant voice of the bold Leader of the Toon Resistance, Lord Lowden Clear -- but do you really know who he is? Our new column, The Silly Spotlight, is here to tell you all about the wackiest Toons of Toontown!
- Lord Lowden Who?
- Let me tell it to you loud and clear: Lord Lowden Clear is the fearless leader of the Toon Resistance, the ongoing effort to fight back the Cogs from our fair town. He was the one who proposed the formation of the Toon Resistance, and thus was appointed leader of it by Flippy himself. Now, he's one of Flippy's most faithful advisers on the Toon Council!
- What made him such a charming choice, you ask? Well, have you ever worn one of those newfangled Cog Disguises to break into the Cog Headquarters? That was his own design! The invention by far outranked the other prototypes that Loony Labs had been working on, and when he busted through the doors of to show it off, we were all amazed. He's never been seen without it since!
- Why the Cashbot Disguise?
- Lord Lowden Clear has made quite a name for himself in the Cog's nation, you see. Lowden is a master of disguise, which is why he never takes off his suit to keep those Cogs going along with his ruse! He is known within their headquarters as a traveling businessman, and breaks in so much that the Goons don't even bat their eye.
- Many More Missions
- By far, Lowden's biggest roles yet has been the parts he played in Team LHAAFBBHQ, but don't think he would ever stop there! The Cogs are growing stronger than ever, and there are still many questions left unanswered... and the formation of the (mostly) great
- Is Slappy still out there? Where was Team LHAAFBBHQ taken? Where did the Cogs come from? And do they have more headquarters outside of our view?
- If I know Lord Lowden Clear, I know that he'll never stop until we've answered all of those questions and more. He's our fearless leader, and he will help us defeat those Cogs, soon enough, without a doubt -- as sure as his name is Lord Lowden Clear.
- As he always says: Keep those Cogs busting -- with LAUGHTER!
Posted by Resistance Ranger Rocky on November 16, 2015 09:00 AM
- Attention all Toons! This is Resistance Ranger Rocky from the Toon Resistance! I ran over to the Toon HQ as quick as I could to report a strange memo that was just intercepted straight from the Factory Foreman. Have a look for yourself.
- We don't know what it means, but it sure can't be anything good. Cogs have only used encryption for important plans in the past.
- Resistance Rangers will be on the prowl for any new news that may come about, but in the meantime, we recommend to grab some gags and prepare for an attack. The Cogs have been idle for far too long!
Posted by Toon HQ on November 20, 2015 09:00 AM
- ATTENTION ALL TOONS: A MEGA-Invasion has Begun!
- Skelecogs are taking over Toontown!!!
- Just like clockwork, the Cogs have sent out their yearly Skelecog Mega-Invasion as a last minute attempt to stop our preparation for the silliness that lies ahead in December. It's rare that you see a Skelecog due to the Cog's corporate policy on uniform, however to maximize their invasion output, they've completely skipped the suit part of the assembly line.
- A few clue-crackers have discovered what the Factory Foreman's memo translated to, which states that the Skelecog Invasion should end by Monday morning. Toons, we must stay strong against the grand attack!
- Grab some gags and hit the streets, but don't go out there alone. Teamwork is our greatest asset against these metal menaces!
Posted by Professor Prepostera on November 24, 2015 11:00 AM
- I say, good day to you fellow Toons! My, my, my, it has been quite nearly two years since I've last reported on my findings of an ongoing research project of mine at Loony Labs titled . But the phenomena's study has made progress!
- Let us begin the discussion at hand with some background information. You see, despite the natural creative lacking of The Grey, Toons have used it more increasingly to a much more creative advantage. Especially, much to my intrigue, in Lawbot Headquarters.
- In Cog facilities, many Toons have discovered areas that can be reached through the Grey to completely bypass the Cog security that lies there. An OUTSTANDING creative approach, I might add! A pesky one too, however.
- As more and more Toons have abused the antisillions and glitchinitives for their advantage, the Cogs have begun patching the leaks in their facilities to counter this effort. Likewise, the Toon Resistance Rangers have been reporting increased Cog outputs due to our lack of defeating them. Luckily, brand new methods of escape have been found in some of the factories to help those who used the glitches as an alternative to solving certain puzzles!
- The Grey's true nature still remains unknown, but the progress being made leads us closer to a discovery. Perhaps we'll have an answer soon enough -- or in another two years, HAH heh! Heeeeh.
- Now, back to my research. Be careful as you traverse the facilities, my friends - the Toon Resistance reports that these Cog counter-measures shall be rolled out in the coming days.
Posted by Sir Max on November 26, 2015 02:00 PM
- The Thanksgiving Day Feast! It's the most anticipated food-endorsed holiday of the year, right next to Christmas and Cinco de Mayo. (I'll never understand why they have a holiday dedicated to mayonnaise.)
- Between your twenty-course meals and exquisite delicacies of dessert, however, it's important to take some time to be thoughtful.
- Every year here at Toontown, we like to take the time to send a big "Thank You!" to Disney Online for their involvement with bringing the Tooniverse to life for the many years that they ran it. We're only here to continue their vision -- for free -- due to the awesome world that they created!
- Sometimes we seem to forget the roots where Toontown started, and its important to keep those roots in your thoughts - especially on Thanksgiving. We're asking you to join us in our efforts to send thanks to everyone who has ever been involved with Toontown, whether it be through sending them a short tweet, email, or just a comment here on our blog!
- It's the little things that go a long way, and who knows, your small "thank you" may just make someone's day. There's a lot of people who dedicated a large chunk of their lives to create this world, after all.
- Happy Thanksgiving from everyone on the Toon Council!
Posted by Sir Max on November 27, 2015 12:00 AM
- AND THEY'RE OFF! The clock just struck midnight, and the Black Friday sales have officially begun! In fact, I even took a couple of the Jellybeans from our Thanksgiving Feast and scooped them straight into my jellybean jar. Crazy? No - inventive!
- Clarabelle Cow is at it again, providing whopping deals on all items in her Cattlelog. All Cattlelogs delivered before December 3rd at 11:59PM Toontown Time will get a special issue with a week-long sale of 25% off every item.
- That means whenever you get your next issue, whether it be today or next Thursday, you'll be able to get your gloves on those sweet deals for an entire week. There's no better time of the year to go on a shopping spree!
- I'd love to stay and chat, but I'm currently in a quite intense wrestling match with another shopper over a platinum set of jewelry. I don't really have anyone to give it to - it's just a REALLY good deal! Remember: Aggressive shopping is smart shopping!
Posted by Doctor Surlee on December 6, 2015 02:15 PM
- Greetings. For those who don't know me, I'm Doctor Surlee of Loony Labs. You may have heard some news from my co-worker, , a few days back. Today I'm here to bring you another exciting discovery from the labs - a proposed solution to an activity us Toons like to call Minigolf.
- Ever since the , and even sometime before, I've been dedicating my work to studying the silly surge anomalies in Toontown. One that peaked my interest was an issue with .
- It's taken me months to find the cause, but with the data we received from the quantum silly gravitations combined with a dose of reorganizing the punny particle structure of the golf ball's molecular field (Luckily some of those moles moved from our golf courses over to the Bossbot's) -- I was finally able to come up with my own Theory of Golfitivity to put an end to the physics-breaking calamities!
- Oh. I lost you. Let me put it simply: The Golf Balls are ready to go, and after a bit of preparation, they will be ready for all to use. Chip and Dale's Minigolf will be open to all of Toontown later this week!
- I'm sure one of the Toon Troopers will have plenty to tell you about the courses upon their release. Check up in the next few days - the golf shipments are almost over with.
- Now, back to my experiments. Since that I've solved that dilemma, it's time to finalize the work on another experiment of mine relating to Silly Surges...
Posted by McQuack on December 7, 2015 03:00 PM
- What's this? OH! Hello! Hi. Um. Hello! No - already said that. Hi. Hrm. Off to a bad start. Okay, hi there! Sir Max is out sick, so it um... It's up to me to write the post here. Okay! Let's get going. Golf. You like it, I like it, and today we're releasing it. Bam, I already used the bold!
- So here's the thing, I've actually very rarely done this whole blog posting thing before. In fact, security stopped me twice on the way in. Said they didn't recognize me. I just told them I'm the Toon Trooper that Sir Max always blows up, and there I was! Sent straight in!
- Now, uh, there's a manual here. So that should help. Let's see, table of contents... Ah! Here we are. "New Expansions - Page 47." It says... Now hang on, is golfing considered an "Original Expansion"? What does original expansion even mean? Oh wait! It says here. "Consult Doctor Surlee or see page 26 to locate original expansions." Huh.
- Okay, you know what, I'm just going to roll with it here. Do you all see any -- oh, wait, found it!
- • BULLET POINTS!
- • Golfing comes out today.
- • Because golfing comes out today, you can now reach 136 total Laff points! That's three more than before!
- • All Toons can now access the area over in Chip 'n Dale's MiniGolf! For every 10 trophies you earn, you get a laff boost. (Well that seems like this bullet point alone could have wiped out the last two. A bit redundant I'd say.)
- • Jam-packed multiplayer action! Up to four Toons can board a golf kart to play with their friends. (You know I'd hardly call MiniGolf action, but I suppose it is rather fun.)
- What -- hold on, the manual says I should stop putting comments within my bullet points. Err. Whoops. I am supposed to come up with some kind of sign off now -- "Signoffs - Page 568"
- You know, I've spent the whole day putting this golf course together, so I'd say its high time we just go out there and golf. Can you all agree? Okay, I think we're all in agreement. So what are you waiting for? Let's get out there and GOLF!
- "Release Notes - Page 2"... Press red button next to -- oh, here it is!
Posted by Sir Max on December 15, 2015 02:15 PM
- On the first day of winter, Toontown gives to you:
- A holiday packed with very merry news!
- One of the best parts about the Christmas season are those traditions that seem to creep back up every year, sometimes enough to drive you INSANE! The Twelve Days of Winter is one of those traditions here at Toontown, and it's making a return this year to bring even more exciting things to make things merry and bright.
- I hope you aren't one of those people who can't stand carols, because for the next 12 days, December 15th to 26th, we're going to be rocking around the Christmas tree with an exciting Winter Holiday event every day! Trust me, you'll want your bean banks ready and your stockings ready to be stuffed.
- No matter what, where, or how you celebrate, let me be first to tell you on behalf of the Toon Council: Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, and Have a Toontastic Winter Holiday!
Posted by Hawkheart on December 16, 2015 02:00 PM
- On the second day of winter, Toontown gives to you:
- Trees and lights o'plenty,
- You can breathe a sigh of relief, everyone, because unlike year's past -- I think I've finally been put in charge of putting up the decorations around Toontown! We have a lot of new things to come, but first, we need to start with the basics of Christmas cheer.
- After the and last year's , I decided to apply for the position as exterior decorator to replace Sir Max this year. In fact, I should be hearing back any minute!
- Frankly, I think I'm a shoo-in! The last thing we all need is another stolen tree or angered blizzard wizard. I'm sure he'll find a way to cause just as much trouble either way, though...
- Whew. It's not nearly as easy as you think to apply for the official Christmas decorator. I wrote an entire essay on the history of light bulbs, tracing right back to when Edison invented them in 1879 as a way of signalling Santa on the night of Christmas eve. 
- And boy, let me tell you, with joyful and triumphant decorations -- Oh! I just got a letter from the Toon Council! Let's see... "Thank you for applying, yada yada yada, the role of Holiday Decorator is of the utmost honor, et cetera and so forth, and that's why we're proudly bestowing the job upon... SIR MAX?"
- But... But... Did he even submit an application? My essay was 14 pages long! I hate to disturb Flippy while he's out searching, but who on earth approved this? Wait -- what's that noise? I hear something outside...
- Oh no. Not again.
Posted by Clerk Clara on December 17, 2015 02:00 PM
- On the third day of winter, Toontown gives to you:
- Brand new decorations,
- Hi, Toons! Your local gag shop bunny, Clerk Clara, here. I have some exciting news for you! Eeep, maybe it's best for me to keep up the Winter Holiday tradition and say it in song:
- On one very SILLY winter break,
- Clara came to say:
- Say, with all of this Christmas cheer, Why don't we decorate some gags this year?"
- Then all of Toontown loved it!
- As they shouted out with joy:
- "Clara, the clerk of Toontown,
- Your gags are my new favorite toy!"
- So, what do you think?! Between bags of bells, juggling ice cubes, and a small slice of holiday fruit cake -- even our gags are now filled with the Christmas spirit! You'll also notice plenty of other things around Toontown with new, never-before-seen decorations. I hope you love them as much as I!
- Merry Christmas from Goofy's Gag Shop!
Posted by Slate on December 18, 2015 02:00 PM
- On the fourth day of winter, Toontown gives to you:
- A Cattlelog full of clothing,
- Hi there, Toontown! It's Slate Blue Rabbit, back again to show you some of the newest fashion of Toontown. Just in time, too, because it seems that it's snowing in Toontown!
- Last year, I debuted my signature scarf design along with some warm bundles to keep Toons warm. They were such a big hit that they're back again this year -- and with more selection than ever! In fact, over 25 new winter items have been added to the Cattlelog.
- With all of those new clothes, I know a lot of you are going to need space. For that reason, this next gift might be the best one of all for some of you: All closets and trunks now hold 200 clothing items! Don't worry about ordering any more from the Cattlelog - those huge closets now come equipped in every Toon's home, courtesy of Clarabelle.
- Stay warm out there. It's only going to get colder from here! Happy Holidays!
Posted by Toon HQ on December 19, 2015 02:00 PM
- On the fifth day of winter, Toontown gives to you:
- A MEGAAAAAA COG INVASION!
- (bum bum bum...)
- ATTENTION ALL TOONS: A Mega-Invasion has Begun!
- Version 2.0 Cold Callers are taking over Toontown!!!
- Toontown is about to get a whole lot colder -- and real quickly, too. The Cogs have just launched their yearly V2.0 Sellbot Invasion with the coldest Cogs around -- the Cold Callers.
- The Sellbots love our holiday season for all of the profit they make, but they've never been able to understand what truly makes it a TOONTASTIC time of year. Luckily, with our new clothing to keep us warm and the cheerful themed gags, we can show them how to celebrate.
- We need YOU to help us defeat these Cold Callers - or else we're going to have a very Blue Christmas!
- P.S. -- Looking for a small stocking stuffer? Toontown Member Mailers have temporarily returned! .
Posted by Shockley on December 20, 2015 02:00 PM
- On the sixth day of winter, Toontown gives to you:
- Wacky winter carols,
- (bum bum bum...)
- Shockley the Toon Trooper was a jolly, happy soul.
- With a birthday cake, a button of blue, and fur as black as coal.
- There must have been some magic in the Christmas carols he found.
- For when he sang them in the shops, a Snowman became his crown!
- Oh, hi there Toons! I was just writing my own Christmas carol there. What do you think? It's based on a true story, you know. The winter magic is in the air as Toontown has grown sillier, and with the right carols, you yourself can earn a head of snow.
- Here is the list! You'll need to figure out which shopkeepers like which carol to earn your prize.
- Enjoy the hunt, and stay warm under there! Smothering your face in snow isn't the most comfortable way of making a mask.
Posted by Lord Lowden Clear on December 21, 2015 02:00 PM
- On the seventh day of winter, Toontown gives to you:
- Twice the gag experience,
- (bum bum bum...)
- Happy Holidays to everyone! December has been a great month for Toontown so far, with all of the holiday cheer and new events going on. It's important, however, that we don't lose sight of our main mission -- to put an end to these dastardly Cogs.
- To help out with this, I've got my own present from myself to you to spread the holiday cheer while still being able to bust those baddies. Wondering what it is, eh? Let me tell you: It's Double Gag Experience from now until 2PM Toontown Time tomorrow!
- That's right -- you can get just as many points without any sort of invasion going on. It's the perfect time to hop on and do some training. After all, it's the most wonderful time of the year!
Posted by Paula Behr on December 22, 2015 02:00 PM
- On the eighth day of winter, Toontown gives to you:
- A VERY big blizzard,
- (bum bum bum...)
- That's what Toons all over Toontown are saying as the yearly blizzard has reached grand proportions. If you're planning on planning a vacation over at my shop, Hibernation Vacations, then you better pack a warm winter jacket -- because every inch of Toontown is covered in snow!
- Being a resident of the Brrrgh, I'm used to the chilling weather. I'm a Polar Bear, after all -- one of the few who survived after "Doomsday"... When Slappy gave us our winter white coats. They sure do help with the cold! I just wish we could find him...
- Sorry, I'm just reminiscing in the past again! Don't let me put a damper on any of your holiday spirits. In fact, I quite like this blizzard - they always say that there's No Place Like Home for the Holidays, and with this snowfall, it seems like everywhere in Toontown is my home!
- I hope you enjoy the rest of your winter, and don't forget to stop by and say "Howdy!" sometime!
Posted by Sir Max on December 23, 2015 02:00 PM
- On the ninth day of winter, Toontown gives to you:
- Cheerful Christmas costumes,
- (bum bum bum...)
- Contrary to the title, I can assure you that there's no Christmas stealing going on around here! (Hawkheart, they're onto us. Take off those reindeer antlers!) Since Flippy has been so busy, however, I've taken it upon myself to fill in for him. You know what that means: I get to wear the Santa outfit this year!
- Last year Flippy had the big man's hat while I got stuck with the elf outfit. Don't get me wrong, green is a pretty swanky color, but I'm more of a Santa hat kind of guy. Would you say that your taste in Christmas colors is more Elvishly green, or Santastically red? Luckily, you get to pick for yourself with two exclusive Christmas costumes!'
- From now until the end of the 12 Days of Winter, you can type "coming-to-town" in your Shtickerbook for a bright red Santa outfit, or "on-the-shelf" for a whimsical little elf outfit. Even if you already have the costumes from last year, you'll want to use the codes again since we've thrown some matching shoes into the mix!
- By the way -- While you're getting all of these great gifts from the Toon Council, don't forget to send some gifts of your own to your friends!
Posted by Doctor Surlee on December 24, 2015 02:00PM
- On the tenth day of winter, Toontown gives to you:
- Surlee's lost package?,
- (bum bum bum...)
- Merry Christmas Eve, once again, to all of you. It's rather dreadful for me to report that I'm stuck here on Toontorial Street again waiting for this blasted package. The very same mailbox, too! I tried to change the delivery target, but Postmaster Pete told me that a lamppost is not considered a valid mailing address.
- Let me give you some facts about mailboxes:
- • They're always watching.
- • Damaged package? That was them.
- • They'll try to make others think you're insane, but no, you'll know better. You'll know that it's no mere coincidence that they happen to return to their inanimate state as soon as you pull someone over to examine them. You'll know that their taunts are only to impress that lovely fire hydrant down the road.
- It's not even the 26th, bah. No matter. I must keep my temper low, since after all, Christmas is tomorrow! If you need me, I'll be on Toontorial Street looking for my package. I know he has it. If you happen to own a pair of pliers, feel free to bring them along.
- Merry Christmas to you all, and to all a good night!
Posted by Flippy on December 25, 2015 02:00 PM
- On the eleventh day of winter, Toontown gives to you:
- A very missing doodle,
- (bum bum bum...)
- Merry Christmas, to one and all! I know, I know, it's been months since you last heard from me. I skipped Halloween, and for that reason I knew I couldn't skip Christmas. It's just, I've been going through a bit lately. For the past few months I've been searching and searching, but I can't do this on my own anymore: My own one-of-a-kind Doodle, Fluffy, is lost.
- Ever since ToonFest 2015 began, Fluffy had been more energetic than usual. That's where I found him, after all. But now, as we were cleaning up, he completely vanished! We've been searching everywhere but its as if he's ran miles away!
- Boy, if there's anything I want for Christmas, it would be to get my best pal back. It was enough to lose Slappy, but now Fluffy... I just can't take anymore loss.
- I know we'll find him one day, though. Both of them. I know they're out there somewhere. Keep your holiday cheer high, Toons, because if there's one thing I know for certain: it's that Toontown is always a better place when there's all this silliness around!
- I hope you all have the best Christmas for years to come! We have one more day of the 12 Days of Winter to wrap it all up with a bow on top, so keep your eyes peeled.
Posted by Flippy on December 26, 2015 02:00 PM
- On the twelfth day of winter, Toontown gives to you:
- The Great Snowball Fight,
- (bum bum bum...)
- I've been thinking, and despite the grave situation with Fluffy -- we can't let that get in the way of our fun. I may not be Slappy, but I accepted this temporary title of President of the Toon Council on the basis that I would do things exactly how he would have - and that's what we're going to do!
- , Slappy started the grand tradition of The Great Snowball Fight as part of his election campaign. He's also the one who had the idea of Polar Bears, you know! He was such a great Toon...
- In the spirit of Slappy, it's my great honor to say these final words to wrap up this spectacular year of Toontown's 12 Days of Winter:
- Let the Great Toontown Snowball Fight COMMENCE!