When a Lure gag is used, the Cogs will be stunned for a set amount of rounds. During this period of time, the lured Cogs will be unable to attack. If a Cog is in a lured state, any Throw or Squirt gags targeting the Cog will receive a 1.5x (50%) damage bonus. While all Throw and Squirt gags are guaranteed to hit lured Cogs, Drop gags are guaranteed to miss. Despite popular belief, it is possible for sound to miss a set of lured Cogs (both with all lured and some lured).
After a Cog is hit while being in a lured state or when the maximum amount of Lure rounds is met, it will step back from the stun and attack the Toons.
In addition, if a Cog is lured with a Trap placed in front of it, the Trap will activate and damage the Cog.
|Name||$1 Bill||Small Magnet||$5 Bill||Big Magnet||$10 Bill||Hypno Goggles||Presentation|
|Lasts for||2 rounds||2 rounds||3 rounds||3 rounds||4 rounds||4 rounds||15 rounds|
|Required skill points||0||20||100||800||2,000||6,000||10,000|
Double Lure occurs when multiple Lure gags are used on the same target. When two gags of the same track are used on the same target (besides Toon-Up and Trap), the game will take the lowest propAcc value out of both gags, and the highest trackExp value out of both toons. Because the Lure propAcc values vary between gags, certain instances of double Lure can result in an accuracy loss. 
However, Lure varies between target columns within its track. Therefore, it has some special rules used when two Lures of different target columns are used. Below are examples of such instances.
- If a lower level single-Cog Lure (ex. $1 Bill) is used in combination with a higher level multi-Cog Lure (ex. Hypno Goggles), the accuracy is calculated solely on that of the single-Cog Lure. If the single-Cog Lure hits, the multi-Cog Lure will hit as well. If the single-Cog Lure misses, the multi-Cog Lure will miss as well. Because the two gags have different target columns, the trackExp value of the single-Cog Lure will be used, not necessarily the highest trackExp of both Toons.
- If a lower level multi-Cog Lure (ex. Small Magnet) is used in combination with a higher level single-Cog Lure (ex. $10 Bill), there can be two different scenarios.
- If the multi-Cog Lure hit, the single-Cog Lure will also be guaranteed to hit.
- If the multi-Cog Lure missed, the single-Cog Lure would begin its own accuracy calculation. This is the only time where two Lures can have different hit results.
Lures are able to be stacked if they are used in the same turn, affecting the number of rounds a Cog is lured (given all Lures used hit). For example, using a $10 Bill (4 rounds) and a $1 Bill (2 rounds) will result in a Cog being lured for 6 rounds. Using a multi-Cog lure will not affect any Cogs that are in a lured state.
- If the final accuracy of the Lure gag is lower than 50%, there is a chance the Cogs will wake up early.
- Using a Trap gag will increase the accuracy of Lure if they are both used in the same round on the same target.
- Using a Toon-up gag will increase the accuracy of Lure, if they are both used in the same round. Any Toon-up gag may be used on any Toon in the battle if it is a group Lure gag. If it is a single Lure gag, you must use a group Toon-up gag.
- Lure and Toon-up are the only tracks in which the propAcc values vary between gags.
- There was a long time knockback bug where damage bonuses did not apply properly. It was then fixed by Toontown Rewritten in the "Toontown Tweaks" update.
- According to a Toontown Online trading card, the Lure gags that uses a fishing rod attached to a dollar are referred to as "Cog Catcher".
- It is a common superstition among the Toontown community that saying "glue" before using a Lure gag increases its accuracy.
- This has been debunked by Goshi, a former Toontown Rewritten moderator. When asked if this truly worked in an interview, he said: "Haha, no. But we thought about making it an easter egg."
- Toontown Rewritten acknowledged this superstition in the release notes as a joke from the blog post, "To Our Valued Customers".
- In addition, any other form of phrases will not increase the accuracy of Lure gags.
- The accuracy rating in the gag menu is labeled as low, while the organic rating is labeled as medium.
- The game's camera is never shown behind the Cogs when a Lure gag is used in battle.