Jellybeans (commonly known as "beans" or "jb") are the main currency in Toontown. They are technically used as money, and are given out as rewards for most activities, such as fishing, and are used to buy things such as items from Clarabelle's Cattlelog, as well as clothing from a Clothing Shop. One of the main purposes of jellybeans in the game is buying gags.
Jellybeans are carried using a jellybean jar. When completing ToonTasks, a Toon can increase the size of their jar to a much bigger size than before. If the Toon's jar is full, any further collected jellybeans automatically go to their jellybean bank which is located at their estate.
Toons can earn jellybeans in these eleven ways:
- Ride and play games in the Trolley
- Sell fish to a fisherman
- Sell flowers at their estate
- Complete "Just for Fun!" ToonTasks with a jellybean reward
- Play cannons and trampolines during parties
- Touch jellybean barrels in Cog facilities
- Encounter a community-based jellybean fest
- Participate in the battle against the Chief Financial Officer and earn unites
- Collect bean bags during ToonFest
- Participate in the trick-or-treating activity during Halloween
- Participate in the caroling activity during the Twelve Days of Winter
- The maximum jellybeans one Toon can hold at any given time is 15,250 (15,000 in bank + 250 in jar).
- Jellybeans come in all variety of colors: red, pink, orange, yellow, green, cyan, blue, violet, and silver.
- Jellybeans are used to buy almost everything in Toontown including gags, clothing, Cattlelog items, and more.
- A single unite can be used to give jellybeans to multiple Toons in the same area.
- Jellybeans are not used to buy karts or accessories from Goofy Speedway.
- Toons feed jellybeans to their doodles.