Jellybeans, commonly known as "beans" or "jb", are the main currency in Toontown. They are technically used as money, and are given out as rewards for most activities such as fishing, and are used to purchase things such as items from Clarabelle's Cattlelog, as well as clothing from a Clothing Shop. One of the main purposes of jellybeans is to purchase gags from Goofy's Gag Shop.
Jellybeans are carried in a jellybean jar. When completing ToonTasks for upgradable jellybean pouches, a Toon can increase the capacity of their jar to hold up to 250 jellybeans. If the Toon's jar is full, any further collected jellybeans automatically go to their jellybean bank, which is located at their estate.
Toons can earn jellybeans in the following ways:
- Ride and play minigames on the Trolley
- Sell fish to a fisherman
- Sell flowers at their estate
- Complete "Just for Fun!" ToonTasks that offer jellybeans
- Play cannons and trampolines at parties
- Touch jellybean barrels in Cog facilities
- Encounter a community-based jellybean fest
- Participate in the battle against the Chief Financial Officer and earn unites
- Collect bean bags in the Cartoonival Grounds
- Participate in the trick-or-treating activity or collect spellbound bags during Halloween
- Participate in the caroling activity during the Twelve Days of Winter
- The maximum amount of jellybeans one Toon can hold at any given time is 15,250 (15,000 in bank + 250 in jar).
- Jellybeans come in all variety of colors: red, pink, orange, yellow, green, cyan, blue, violet, and silver.
- Jellybeans are used to buy almost everything in Toontown including gags, clothing, Cattlelog items, and more.
- A single unite can be used to give jellybeans to multiple Toons in close proximity.
- Jellybeans are not used to buy karts or kart accessories from Goofy's Kart Shop in Goofy Speedway.
- Toons feed jellybeans to their doodles.