Gyro Gearloose is one of the Disney characters. In Toontown Online, Gyro Gearloose's name was only mentioned in an old installer video and some old trading cards. In the video, Scrooge McDuck visited Gyro's lab and ended up finding a robot (supposedly the Chairman) that Gyro was creating. Being greedy, Scrooge connected the wrong wires to activate the robot, thus making it turn evil. The robot then went up to the Manufacturing Machine to create more Cogs. After that, the robot told the Cogs to take over Toontown.
On Toontown Rewritten, Gyro Gearloose wrote five pieces of papers talking about his lifetime in Toontown, what happened at the Toon Council Presidential Elections, and how the Cogs began invading Toontown. The papers were found as part of an ARG on November 26, 2014.
- Doctor Surlee may be the creator of Cogs on Toontown Rewritten.
- Even though the papers were written by Gyro Gearloose, the papers say they are actually Doctor Surlee's.
- This reveals that Doctor Surlee and Gyro Gearloose may be the same alias. They've both mentioned creating the same inventions, such as the Silly Meter. Doctor Surlee had also once noted that "Surlee" is in fact his first name, not his last. An ARG on March 26, 2016 revealed a message from Doctor Surlee's terminal 43 with the initials "S.G.", which is believed to stand for Surlee Gearloose.
- In a video called Toontown Ad: It's Different In Our Town, the mailbox that Joey walked past by says "Gyro Engineering".
- In an episode of the 2017 DuckTales reboot, the Cogs were mentioned on Gyro's list of inventions that had gone evil. It was confirmed by co-producer, Frank Angones, that this was a reference to Toontown Online.