|Number of buildings:||1|
|→ Toontown Central|
|Data is by normal gameplay.|
Goofy's Kart Shop
In order to race, a Toon has to purchase a kart. A Toon may also buy accessories for their kart, such as new tires or paint. There are decorations in the Kart Shop, including trophies. There are four shopkeepers who work here: Anita Winn, Phil Errup, Ivona Race, and Graham Pree.
Tickets are the main currency of Goofy Speedway. Tickets, rather than jellybeans, are used to purchase accessories, new karts, and join battle races. Practice races are free, while individual battle races can cost from 50 to 400 tickets. Entering a Grand Prix, which involves a series of three battle races in a row, costs 500 to 1,000 tickets.
Racing is a side activity located at Goofy Speedway where up to four Toons can race in karts on a variety of tracks to earn tickets, which can then be used to enter more races or upgrade their karts as well as add accessories. Toons can also earn trophies and eventually gain laff points from reaching certain milestones (such as 10 wins on a type of circuit, 100 races qualified). There are three types of racing events: Practice, Toon Battle, and Grand Prix. Racing was implemented to Toontown Rewritten on November 23, 2013.
There are currently six tracks available:
- Screwball Stadium - a speedway race
- Corkscrew Coliseum - a speedway race
- Rustic Raceway - a rural race
- Airborne Acres - a rural race
- City Circuit - an urban race
- Blizzard Boulevard - an urban race
In a practice race, a Toon or Toons take a practice run that does not count toward racing achievements. Toons cannot collect boxes, so the practice racers have no special attacks. However, no deposit of tickets is required and each Toon will receive 20 tickets for finishing within the qualifying time.
In battle races, Toons compete with each other and cannot start a race alone. Unlike practices, battles have bigger ticket payouts and require ticket deposits which are forfeited if the Toon does not finish within the qualifying time. The higher place a Toon gets, the more tickets they will receive. Boxes will appear at various points on the track. Upon collecting a box by driving over it, the Toon will get a randomly chosen attack item to use in that race. If competitors quit or are disconnected during a battle race, leaving a single Toon still racing, the battle race will revert to practice mode for that Toon.
Each racing battle attack has a different purpose:
- Banana Peel - the Toon drops a banana peel behind their kart. If another Toon touches it, they are momentarily stunned.
- Whole Cream Pie - the Toon throws a giant cream pie. If it hits another Toon, their screen will be momentarily covered with white cream.
- Turbo Boost - the Toon speeds up for a limited period, like a normal track boost.
- Anvil - the Toon drops an anvil on the leading racer, stunning them momentarily and potentially allowing other Toons to catch up or pass them.
- The following are default controls but can be changed in the Options menu.
|Arrow keys (← ↑ ↓→)||Move left, forward, backward, or right|
|Ctrl||Use an attack|
Toons can receive trophies from battle racing. For every ten trophies a Toon collects, they will get a large trophy and a laff boost. A total of three laff boosts can be obtained from racing.
|1||1 Speedway Race Qualified||Speedway||Qualify 1 Speedway Race|
|2||10 Speedway Races Qualified||Speedway||Qualify 10 Speedway Races|
|3||100 Speedway Races Qualified||Speedway||Qualify 100 Speedway Races|
|4||1 Rural Race Qualified||Rural||Qualify 1 Rural Race|
|5||10 Rural Races Qualified||Rural||Qualify 10 Rural Races|
|6||100 Rural Races Qualified||Rural||Qualify 100 Rural Races|
|7||1 Urban Race Qualified||Urban||Qualify 1 Urban Race|
|8||10 Urban Races Qualified||Urban||Qualify 10 Urban Races|
|9||100 Urban Races Qualified||Urban||Qualify 100 Urban Races|
|10||100 Races Qualified||Any||Qualify 100 Races|
|11||1 Speedway Race Won||Speedway||Win 1 Speedway Race|
|12||10 Races Won||Speedway||Win 10 Speedway Races|
|13||100 Races Won||Speedway||Win 100 Speedway Races|
|14||1 Rural Race Won||Rural||Win 1 Rural Race|
|15||10 Rural Races Won||Rural||Win 10 Rural Races|
|16||100 Rural Races Won||Rural||Win 100 Rural Races|
|17||1 Urban Race Won||Urban||Win 1 Urban Race|
|18||10 Urban Races Won||Urban||Win 10 Urban Races|
|19||100 Urban Races Won||Urban||Win 100 Urban Races|
|20||100 Races Won||Any||Win 100 Races|
|21||1 Tournament Race Qualified||Any||Qualify 1 Tournament Race|
|22||5 Tournament Races Qualified||Any||Qualify 5 Tournament Races|
|23||25 Tournament Races Qualified||Any||Qualify 25 Tournament Races|
|24||1 Tournament Races Won||Any||Win 1 Tournament Race|
|25||5 Tournament Race Won||Any||Win 5 Tournament Races|
|26||25 Tournament Races Won||Any||Win 25 Tournament Races|
|27||1 Tournament Race Swept||Any||Win all 3 races in 1 Tournament|
|28||5 Tournament Races Swept||Any||Win all 3 races in 5 Tournament Races|
|29||25 Tournament Races Swept||Any||Win all 3 races in 25 Tournament Races|
|30||Grand Touring||All||Play all 12 courses once|
|31||Laff boost #1||Any||Earn 10 trophies|
|32||Laff boost #2||Any||Earn 20 trophies|
|33||Laff boost #3||Any||Earn all 30 trophies|
Opening of Goofy Speedway
Goofy Speedway opened on November 22, 2013. It was the final neighborhood added to the original game. Toons were able to purchase Karts on that day but had no racing permits, so no one could race.
The Speedway Circuits were released November 23, 2013. After getting the permits, Toons were then able to race on the tracks.
On November 24, 2013, Rural Raceway courses were opened. According to Shockley, this was where the estates were going to be built. Sir Max also offered all Toons a complimentary bike horn and basket which he then took "back as a way to thank myself for the work we did for you".
In the final introductory update to racing on November 25, 2013, City Circuits were opened. The streets were still mid-way through construction when the update went live, so there were some stray bricks and some buildings were missing.
Release of Grand Prix
As Toontown Rewritten entered out of Beta on September 1, 2017, Grand Prix was released so players could achieve the Grand Prix trophies required to maximize racing. It costs 500 tickets for a normal Grand Prix battle and 1000 tickets for a Reverse Grand Prix battle. Toons must complete Grand Prix races in order to earn the Tournament trophies.
- If a Toon drives to the wrong direction of the track, a message would appear, notifying the player.
- A Toon can park their kart at a spot in Goofy Speedway for a limited time. Once the timer runs out, the Toon hops off and the kart vanishes.
- Goofy Speedway is one of two playgrounds (Chip 'n Dale's Acorn Acres being the other) where any Toon can teleport instantly without completing any ToonTasks. This makes a good shortcut for beginners to Toontown Central.
- Accessories can be purchased with tickets in Goofy's Kart Shop. However, these accessories will not enable a Toon or their kart with any racing advantage, and are meant to be "add-ons".
- The Goofy Speedway race attack system resembles the power-up system in Nintendo's Mario Kart series.
- The monkey NPCs inside the Goofy Speedway Kart Shop could be a reference to the term "grease monkey" which is slang for mechanic.