Doomsday was an invasion coordinated by the Director of Ambush Marketing that coincided with the Toon Council Presidential Elections on April 19, 2014. During the event, the Cogs proceeded to invade the entire Toontown Central playground, just after Slappy was announced as president of the Toon Council. A level three Yesman unexpectedly arrived at the scene and caused Slappy to go sad, which then started a battle between the Toons and the Cogs. Toons battled against the Cogs with the use of Flippy's world-renowned Whole Cream Pies. Gradually, stronger waves of Cogs would arrive, with the Director of Ambush Marketing being the last Cog. With the help of other Toons, Flippy managed to end the invasion by defeating the Director of Ambush Marketing with a Wedding Cake.
After Doomsday ended, it seemed as though the Cogs were defeated for good, but Toons had only managed to push them back to the streets and prevented them from entering the playgrounds ever again. The event marked the conclusion of Toontown Rewritten's Alpha stage.
The original event was streamed live by Toontown Rewritten on April 19, 2014 from their official YouTube channel, as well as many other streamers of the Toontown community.
In celebration of Toontown Rewritten's fifth anniversary, an updated and remastered version of the Toon Council Presidential Elections (along with Doomsday) was streamed live on September 29, 2018 through Twitch and YouTube, with commentary from the Toontown Rewritten Team.
- "Doomsday" was the internal name for the Toon Council Presidential Elections as a whole.
- By definition, Doomsday refers to an event of great danger.
- Doomsday was first mentioned by Sir Max in a blog post titled "Super Saturday: Doomsday" where he announced that the "Toontown Rewritten Team would take a week-long break from publishing blog posts to "polish up the Battle System, along with an event before that". No one, however, was really sure of what the blog post meant.
- Doomsday is currently the only event in which the Cogs were present in the main zone of a playground.
- The Yesman that attacked Slappy used a Cog attack only seen that one time, which was known as "Positive Reinforcement".
- A level three Yesman was the first Cog to be defeated.
- Mover & Shakers had their own circular shockwave effect where Toons would get hurt when inside the perimeter.
- The fact that Doomsday took longer than the election itself was surprising because of the fact that many players never expected to witness the event at a greater magnitude, let alone see the Cogs.
- In Toontown Rewritten's election stream, the camera view switched from player to view and the transition sometimes stuttered.
- After Hawkheart's crash on the public server in the stream, Sir Max, Hawkheart himself, Goshi, and McQuack all logged onto an internal developer server to avoid further crashes.
- Once the main Toontown Rewritten servers were running again, all Alpha testers could replay Doomsday until 2:00PM Toontown Time the next day after April 19th, and fight the Director of Ambush Marketing themselves.
- According to Toon Headquarters in a blog post titled "RED ALERT: "Cogs" have Invaded Toontown!", some Cogs managed to escape Toontown Central and venture into other playgrounds, but shopkeepers such as Lil Oldman, Professor Flake, Coach Zucchini, and Shep Ahoy managed to keep them away by setting up traps.
- In Toontown Rewritten canon, Doomsday happened as a result of the events showcased in an old Toontown Online installer video where Scrooge McDuck visited Gyro Gearloose's lab and activated a robot that started the Manufacturing Machine to produce the Cogs. Toon Headquarters later reported that Scrooge was not seen attending the election and was proclaimed missing.
- The installer video showed a Yesman being the first Cog to come out of the Manufacturing Machine, which is why the Yesman was the first Cog to arrive at the election.
- Because Doctor Surlee is actually Gyro Gearloose, he presented a sad face as soon as the Yesman saddened Slappy, personally believing that he was to be blamed for the Cogs' arrival.