- "Undo mistakes, not fate."
- ―Doctor Surlee
- "Time is ticking."
- ―Doctor Surlee
Doctor Surlee is a monkey NPC Toon who is part of Loony Labs, along with Doctor Dimm, Professor Prepostera and Professor Flake. Based on the Toontown Rewritten website news posts, it is implied that Surlee may have invented the Cogs. During Doomsday, he kept the Toons up-to-date on current information regarding the invasion. He also invented the Toon TV that appeared above Toon Hall during the Toon Council Presidential Elections. Doctor Surlee is also the Toon who made the blueprints that are hidden on the Toontown Rewritten website.
To a bear and any other species in the Toon-torial on December 24-25, 2014, in the same area where you defeat your first Flunky as your first ToonTask, Doctor Surlee says the following when you walk up to him:
|Talking to Doctor Surlee as any other species:|
|Talking to Doctor Surlee as a bear:|
- In his blueprints, Doctor Surlee wrote in code: It isn't all Silly Ciphers though. Occasionally he used English and illustrations.
- The code had to be deciphered as it was part of an alternate reality game (ARG) as noted in the Encrypted Clues, Puzzles & Development Previews page.
- Sir Max said that in one of the Disney Toon News stories, it mentions that Surlee has never once cracked a smile - which is still true in Toontown Rewritten.
- Oddly, in two of the images of the Toontown Rewritten updates, Doctor Surlee is wearing a green tie like the one Doctor Dimm wears, opposed to Doctor Surlee's normal purple tie. He also does not have the correct head shape.
- In the (88) January 26th Update, Flippy says that Doctor Surlee is a good friend of his. This was even before Flippy became President of the Toon Council.
- Doctor Surlee played a big role in the Toon Council Presidential Elections.
- On the 26th of just about every month, something strange happens to Doctor Surlee. And he has rambled about "ripple effects" and the situation he's in before. Sir Max has made all sorts of cryptic posts and status updates about these events.
- Doctor Surlee was confirmed as one of the members of the Toon Council.
- In Toontown Online, the Portable Hole and the Portable Hole Network were invented by an inventor named Gyro Gearloose, but in Toontown Rewritten, Doctor Surlee "invented" the Portable Hole and its network. Surlee also put in his own bypasses against the wishes of the Toon Council.
- Doctor Surlee is the only known Toon Council member to be put on trial by the Chief Justice, but used one of his bypasses to escape.
- For a whole day (June 26, 2014), Doctor Surlee's "Portable Hole" Network Bypasses were the only way to reach Lawbot Headquarters before the tunnel opened. The Teleportation Bypasses would stay open for less than a month.
- On August 26, 2014, at 2:00 PM, Doctor Surlee investigated Chip 'n Dale's MiniGolf to see what was making the Silly Meter go off the charts. He found a crowd of Toons gathered in anticipation for something crazy to happen because of the 26th. Surlee stood infront of the crowd and said "At this point, I'd say we are the 26. A ripple. Just another ripple. Perhaps an anomaly." Surlee answered a few in-game questions from the Toons.
- Surlee said "I had some teleportation holes, but the Toon Council took them down. I hope none of you used them!"
- Surlee forgot when his birthday was. He hadn't celebrated it for so long, he just forgot. No matter though, that's in the past. Well, past being a relative term.
- Time lines? What difference would it make? Technically, one would continue the other. Taking it back in time would just continue the present from the past.
- Surlee doesn't know a "Joey", but he knows Sir Max. Sir Max has a habit of giving Surlee a headache.
- "Surlee" is actually his first name. He prefers to go informal. Eh, might as well be both because he doesn't use his last name anymore.
- The Toontown Rewritten storyline, heavily implied that Doctor Surlee is Gyro Gearloose's alias (see Surlee's Paper #5 dated August 5th, 2009 in the gallery).
- In the Toon-torial, to celebrate Christmas, Doctor Surlee was wearing the blue shorts like Doctor Dimm wears.
- Originally Posted by joey19982 (Sir Max) on 02-05-2015
- As you can see by the Portable Design, Teleportation, and Silly Meter -- Surlee rarely keeps his inventions to himself. With the Toon Council's approval, I'm sure he wanted to share the Rewritten Device as well. See Also: Toon Rewrite
Surlee's Papers (November 26, 2014)
- (229) Santa Toon's Coming Tonight! (Official)
Posted by Doctor Surlee on December 24, 2014 02:00 PM
- ↑ Toontown Rewritten storyline/clue speculation *Megathread* V. 3.0 http://www.mmocentralforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4058751#post4058751
- ↑ (3) A Big Surprise All 'Fa You! Wiki News Blog (2013) 1.2 - Wiki Release Notes (2013) 1.1 - Offical News item 3, MCF News, Wayback Machine News Posted by The TTR Team on October 28, 2013 03:45 PM
- ↑ (153) You Betta' be Ready for This! Wiki News Blog (2014) 5.10 - Wiki Release Notes (2014) 4.2 - Offical News item 153, MCF News, Wayback Machine News Posted by The TTR Team on May 17, 2014 02:00 PM