- “The fact of the matter is, Toontown Rewritten's story has been planned out from beginning to end. It's what inspired the name "Rewritten"! Have you ever heard of a monkey named Doctor Surlee, or the significance of his pocket-watch in our logo?”
This pocketwatch is a device created by Doctor Surlee that allowed him to reverse back in time. For some time, Doctor Surlee had been working on a prototype of the pocketwatch that did not exactly turn out to look like the pocketwatch in his blueprint.
The state from which Doctor Fissionton found the pocketwatch was unstable and ripped him away from time due to malfunction, resulting in him being split into two and become an alternate form of a red cat. The pocketwatch unveiled an anomaly caused by Doctor Surlee's time travel, that is the 26th.
While working away at blueprints for a redesigned Silly Meter, Doctor Surlee discovered that the pocketwatch had caused the Fissiontons to flicker for the first time. The flickering continued to happen periodically for months to come, and by the time "The Final Plan" was near completion, the Fissiontons found themselves struggling to stay anchored to the timeline.
- The pocketwatch represents the letter "O" in the Toontown Rewritten logo.
- In the real world, pocketwatches are generally attached with a chain and contain a hunter-case. Because Doctor Surlee's pocketwatch does not have a chain and a hunter-case, it looks more like a stopwatch.
- The pocketwatch had gone through four changes in design since Alpha.
- Interestingly, the pocketwatch's big hand rotates clockwise rapidly while the small hand rotates counterclockwise slowly, which is likely showing an indication of time travel. This is only seen through some of Toontown Rewritten's YouTube videos, or the new website.