|This page contains information about content that has been removed or no longer exists on Toontown Rewritten. Over the years, some pieces of Toontown content end up being outdated.|
| Director of Ambush Marketing|
|Number of attacks:||2|
|Weakest attack:|| Brain Storm|
|Strongest attack:|| Jump (Cog boss)|
|Statistics based on attack damage.|
|Preceded by:||Succeeded by:|
- "The Chairman won't be happy until you are."
- ―Director of Ambush Marketing
The Director of Ambush Marketing is a large, level 50 Skelecog that is a Supervisor. Sent straight from The Chairman himself, the Director of Ambush Marketing was responsible for exercising ambush marketing with an invasion known as Doomsday, which caused an unexpected interruption during the Toon Council Presidential Elections. While some Toons managed to deal damage with Whole Cream Pies against the Supervisor, he was ultimately defeated by Flippy at the end of the event with a Wedding Cake. With him defeated, Doomsday ended.
- "Apparently our marketing strategies haven't exactly appealed to you 'Toons.'"
- "I suppose you could say that 'I'm the boss.'"
- "I'll be needing to speak with your President directly. I'm prepared to close this deal quickly."
- "Relax, you'll find this is for the best."
- "At this rate, I'll need to liquidate Toons from the picture."
- "I assure you that you'll find no greater offer."
- "The Chairman won't be happy until you are."
- "Ah, finally. Just the Toon I've been searching for."
- "I hope you won't pull out of the deal like your predecessor."
- "Don't worry, he is in safe keeping now."
The Director of Ambush Marketing was shown to possess only two attacks:
- Jump: The jump is the Supervisor's main attack. He would shout "ENOUGH!", jump in the air, and slam down, taking 10 laff points from any Toons on the ground. Unlike the Mover & Shakers' small, visible shock-wave, the Supervisor's attack would affect the entire ground.
- Brain Storm: Unlike jump, Brain Storm targets one Toon, but can deal splash damage. The Supervisor would send out a storm cloud that locks onto a single Toon. Words would fall on the targeted Toon, but could deal damage to any Toons under the cloud. Like the jump attack, it would deduct 10 laff points from all Toons that were hit.
Name of origin
"Ambush marketing" is a marketing strategy wherein the advertisers associate themselves with, and therefore capitalize on a particular event without paying any sponsorship fee. However, the name was given to the Supervisor simply because he coordinated Doomsday; "ambush" means to perform a surprise attack.
- The Director of Ambush Marketing is the only Cog to ever be level 50 and to be a "Supervisor" type.
- The Director of Ambush Marketing is the first Cog to mention The Chairman in Toontown Rewritten. He quotes, "The Chairman won't be happy until you are."
- This makes little sense because the Cogs' main weapon against the Toons is making them sad. Unless making Toons sad is what makes Cogs happy, as they dance after they defeat all the Toons in a fight, so he could be saying "The Chairman won't be happy until you are not." Alternatively, he could have meant "until you are happy with our offers," as the apparent goal of the invasion was to market the Cogs' way of life to Toontown.
- If the Director of Ambush Marketing's health follows the typical formula of Cog health, he would hypothetically have 2,652 health points. This means that he would hypothetically require 61-74 Whole Cream Pies to defeat, depending on their damage value. Although this is unlikely, given that level 12 Cogs do not follow said formula.
- However, it was impossible for the Alpha testers to lose against the Director of Ambush Marketing. The boss battle was programmed for the Supervisor to be defeated by Flippy regardless of whether he had been hit beforehand or not.
- The Director of Ambush Marketing's body type and tie color were originally incorrect; he was the size of a Bottom Feeder with a tie to match at the 2:55:52 mark in Toontown Rewritten's official livestream of the elections. Later, at the 03:00:50 mark, after the server was taken down, the Director of Ambush Marketing received his correct body type: a tall thin Skelecog with a build similar to a Loan Shark wearing a green Cashbot tie. This is proven in a video posted by Slate, where he keeps his Loan Shark Skelecog body type and tie color, which can be seen at the 37:19 mark in the video.
- On the trading card of the Director of Ambush Marketing, however, he sports a purple tie.
- The event also plays out smoother in Slate's video, showing much more NPC dialogue missing from Toontown Rewritten's official stream from the day before.
- During a livestream hosted by community member Smirky, the Toons managed to defeat the Director of Ambush Marketing before he could approach the election stage, causing this scene to act up as Flippy still threw the pies at where the Supervisor was meant to be standing. This can be seen around the 2:36:07 mark.
- The fight against the Director of Ambush Marketing is similar to the fight against Jolly Roger in one of Disney's closed MMORPGs, Pirates of the Caribbean Online.
|Flunky • Pencil Pusher • Yesman • Micromanager • Downsizer • Head Hunter|
|Corporate Raider • The Big Cheese||Chief Executive Officer|
|Bottom Feeder • Bloodsucker • Double Talker • Ambulance Chaser • Back Stabber • Spin Doctor|
|Legal Eagle • Big Wig||Chief Justice|
|Short Change • Penny Pincher • Tightwad • Bean Counter • Number Cruncher • Money Bags|
|Loan Shark • Robber Baron||Chief Financial Officer|
|Cold Caller • Telemarketer • Name Dropper • Glad Hander • Mover & Shaker • Two-Face|
|The Mingler • Mr. Hollywood||Vice President|
| Goons • Skelecogs • Virtual Skelecogs • Version 2.0 Cogs|
Director of Ambush Marketing • The Chairman