|Director of Ambush Marketing|
|Number of attacks:||2|
|Weakest attack:||Brain Storm|
|Strongest attack:||Jump (Cog boss)|
|Statistics based on attack damage.|
- "The Chairman won't be happy until you are."
- ―Director of Ambush Marketing
The Director of Ambush Marketing was a large, level 50 Skelecog and a Supervisor. Sent straight from The Chairman himself, the Director of Ambush Marketing was responsible for exercising ambush marketing with an invasion known as Doomsday, which caused an unexpected interruption during the Toon Council Presidential Elections. While some Toons managed to deal devastating damage with Whole Cream Pies against the Supervisor, he was ultimately defeated by Flippy with a Wedding Cake, thus ending Doomsday.
- "Apparently our marketing strategies haven't exactly appealed to you 'Toons.'"
- "I suppose you could say that 'I'm the boss.'"
- "I'll be needing to speak with your President directly. I'm prepared to close this deal quickly."
- "Relax, you'll find this is for the best."
- "At this rate, I'll need to liquidate Toons from the picture."
- "I assure you that you'll find no greater offer."
- "The Chairman won't be happy until you are."
Speaking to Flippy:
- "Ah, finally. Just the Toon I've been searching for."
- "I hope you won't pull out of the deal like your predecessor."
- "Don't worry, he is in safe keeping now."
The Director of Ambush Marketing was shown to possess only two attacks:
- Jump: This attack was the Supervisor's main attack. He would shout "ENOUGH!", jump in the air, and slam down, taking 10 laff points from any Toons on the ground. Unlike the Mover & Shakers' visible shock-wave attack, the Supervisor's attack would affect the entire ground.
- Brain Storm: Unlike Jump, this attack targeted one Toon but could deal splash damage. The Supervisor would send out a storm cloud that locked onto a single Toon; words would fall on the targeted Toon, but could deal damage to any Toons under the cloud. Like Jump, it would deduct 10 laff points from all Toons that were hit. This version of Brain Storm was a bit different than how it plays out during typical turn-based Cog battles.
Name of origin
"Ambush marketing" is a marketing strategy wherein the advertisers associate themselves with, and therefore capitalize on a particular event without paying any sponsorship fee. "Ambush" means to perform a surprise attack.
- The Director of Ambush Marketing was the only Cog of his type to ever exist.
- The Director of Ambush Marketing was the first Cog to mention The Chairman in Toontown Rewritten.
- This makes little sense because the Cogs' main weapon against Toons is making them go sad. Unless Toons' sadness is what makes the Cogs happy, he could be saying "The Chairman won't be happy until you are not." Alternatively, he could also be saying "until you are happy with our offers," as the apparent goal of Doomsday was to market the Cogs' way of life to Toontown.
- If the Director of Ambush Marketing's health follows the typical formula of Cog health, he would hypothetically have 2,652 health points. This means that he would hypothetically require 61-74 Whole Cream Pies to defeat, depending on their damage value.
- However, it was impossible for the Alpha testers to lose against the Director of Ambush Marketing. The boss battle was programmed for him to be defeated by Flippy regardless of whether Toons fought him or not.
- The Director of Ambush Marketing's body type and tie color were originally incorrect; he was the size of a Bottom Feeder with a blue Lawbot tie at the 2:55:52 mark in Toontown Rewritten's official livestream of the elections. Later, at the 03:00:50 mark, after the server was taken down, the Director of Ambush Marketing received his correct body type: a tall thin Skelecog with a build similar to a Loan Shark wearing a green Cashbot tie. This was proven in a video posted by Slate, where he kept his Loan Shark Skelecog body type and tie color, which can be seen at the 37:19 mark in the video.
- On the trading card of the Director of Ambush Marketing, however, he sports a purple tie.
- The event also plays out smoother in Slate's video, showing much more NPC dialogue missing from Toontown Rewritten's official livestream from the day before.
- During a livestream hosted by community member Smirky, the Toons managed to defeat the Director of Ambush Marketing before he could approach the election stage, causing the scene to act up as Flippy still threw Whole Cream Pies at where he was meant to be standing. This can be seen around the 2:36:07 mark.
- The fight against the Director of Ambush Marketing was similar to the fight against Jolly Roger during his coordinated invasions in one of Disney's closed MMORPGs, Pirates of the Caribbean Online.
|Flunky • Pencil Pusher • Yesman • Micromanager • Downsizer • Head Hunter|
|Corporate Raider • The Big Cheese||Chief Executive Officer|
|Bottom Feeder • Bloodsucker • Double Talker • Ambulance Chaser • Back Stabber • Spin Doctor|
|Legal Eagle • Big Wig||Chief Justice|
|Short Change • Penny Pincher • Tightwad • Bean Counter • Number Cruncher • Money Bags|
|Loan Shark • Robber Baron||Chief Financial Officer|
|Cold Caller • Telemarketer • Name Dropper • Glad Hander • Mover & Shaker • Two-Face|
|The Mingler • Mr. Hollywood||Vice President|
|Goons • Skelecogs • Virtual Skelecogs • Version 2.0 Cogs|
Director of Ambush Marketing • The Chairman