Template:TrolleyBoxRobot Thief is a trolley game. It can be played by any number of toons.
Sir Max proposed the idea to create a game where robots try to steal barrels while toons try to stop them by throwing pies at them. When asked the budget, the Toon Council turned him down and scrapped the idea.
On his way to go find "public land" to build his trolley game on, a loony labs scientist stops him and offers to build him the robots needed for the game. Once finished, Max returned to the Toon Council and showed them the finished project, which they accepted and added it to the trolley, but would remove it if it got bad reviews.
The objective of the game is to use pies to protect four barrels in the center of the arena from robots until the time runs out. If you lose all of the barrels, you lose the game and receive the number of jellybeans accumlated. If you save at least one barrel, you win and receive thirty jellybeans. There are varying types of robots such as Downsizers, Ambulance Chasers and Movers and Shakers. There are two types of AI patterns, "chasers" and "stealers". Chasers chase after the toon and attempt to hinder their progress by throwing them up in the air, similar to the cogs (robots) in the Maze Game, then blowing up. All Chasers stop moving when a toon is in the air, so they are easy to spot. Stealers go straight for any barrel still left on the field and attempt to steal them, ignoring any toons.
|Arrow keys (← ↑ ↓ →)||Move left, up, down, right, or diagonally|
|Throw Pie||Delete (Windows); fn + Delete (Mac OS X)|
- Robot Thief, in comparison to the original Cog Thief, is now in a third-person point of view rather than a top-down view.
- There are now obstacles to run around.
- You now use the "Delete" or "Alt" key to throw a pie, rather than the "Ctrl" key. This is similar to the VP battle gameplay.
- Robot Thief was not originally in Toontown Online, but was added as one of the first changes to Toontown Rewritten.
- Robot Thief was created by Sir Max, one of Toontown Rewritten's developers.
- This game was released on November 10, 2013.
- Robot Thief uses a model that was not implemented onto Toontown Online. It was initially supposed to be a Tag Game Arena for Daisy Gardens but Disney scrapped this idea.
- The old Cog Thief's use of the numbers on the barrels was part of the game, but Robot Thief does not seem to use the numbers on the barrels.