Sir Max proposed the idea to create a game where robots try to steal gag barrels while Toons try to stop them by throwing pies. When he asked the Toon Council, they turned him down and scrapped the idea.
On his way to go find "public land" to build his trolley game on, a Loony Labs scientist stops him and offers to build him the robots needed for the game. Once finished, Sir Max returned to the Toon Council and showed them the finished project, which they accepted and added to the Trolley, but would remove it if it got bad reviews.
When the Beta version of Toontown Rewritten arrived, the developers removed the name "Robot Thief" and revert it back to "Cog Thief". It is unknown if the idea of Robot Thief had bad views like said above, or if the developers just decided to not have Robot Thief.
The objective of the game is to use pies to protect four gag barrels in the center of the arena from robots until the time runs out. If toons lose all of the barrels, they lose. If they save at least one barrel, they win and receive thirty jellybeans. Robots chase after toons as well as try to steal the barrels. If caught, toons will be launched in the air, similar to the Maze Game.
|Arrow keys (← ↑ ↓ →)||Move left, up, down, right, or diagonally|
|Throw Pie||Delete (Windows); fn + Delete (Mac OS X)|
- In Toontown Rewritten Alpha, this game was originally called Robot Thief but now in Beta, the developers reverted it back to being called Cog Thief.
- The arena was initially supposed to be a Tag Game arena in Toontown Online for Daisy Gardens, but this idea was scrapped.
- Cog Thief does not give you jellybeans based on the numbers on the barrels like Cog Thief used to do in Toontown Online.
- Cog Thief is now in a third-person point of view rather than a top-down view.
- There are now obstacles, although Toons can go through them.
- Toons now use the "Delete" or "Alt" key to throw a pie, rather than the "Ctrl" key. This is similar to the VP battle gameplay.