|Time limit:||60 seconds|
|Number of Toons:||1-4 Toons|
|Minimum jellybeans:||30 jellybeans|
|Maximum jellybeans:||30 jellybeans|
- Main page: ARG: Call Log
Sir Max proposed the idea to create a game where robots try to steal gag barrels while Toons try to stop them by throwing pies. When he showed the Toon Council the budget needed to build said Trolley game, they instantly rejected the idea.
On his way to go find "public land" to build his Trolley game on, a Loony Labs scientist stops him and offers to manufacture the robots needed for the game. Once finished, Sir Max returned to the Toon Council and showed them the finished project, which they accepted and added to the Trolley, but stated that the game would be removed in the event of bad reviews.
The objective of the game is to throw pies to protect four gag barrels in the center of the arena from Cogs until the time runs out. If Toons lose all of the barrels, a message at the end will say "NO BARRELS SAVED." If they save at least one, they win and receive jellybeans. Cogs chase after Toons as well as try to steal the barrels. If caught, Toons will be launched in the air and land on the ground. A Cog only needs to be hit once to be destroyed.
|Arrow keys (← ↑ ↓ →)||Move and turn|
|Delete (fn + Delete on macOS) or Alt||Throw a pie|
- In the Alpha stage of Toontown Rewritten, this game was originally called Robot Thief. After the Cogs' official debut, the game was renamed to Cog Thief.
- In Toontown Online, Cog Thief was played from an overhead view. The Toontown Rewritten Team changed this to the standard view.
- A scrapped Tag Game arena for Daisy Gardens from Toontown Online was also used for this version of Cog Thief.
- The Cogs can go through the sides of the tunnels but Toons cannot. Pies thrown by Toons, however, can.
- In contrast to the original Cog Thief, Toons now use the "Delete" or "Alt" key to throw a pie rather than the "Ctrl" key. This is similar to the gameplay involving the Vice President.