A Cog Disguise, otherwise known as a "Cog Suit", is a metal suit invented by Lord Lowden Clear for Toons to disguise themselves as a specific Cog in order to infiltrate the boss' domain in a Cog headquarters.
Each Cog headquarters uses a different disguise which corresponds with its Cog type. Toons can complete their Sellbot Cog Disguise by infiltrating the Sellbot Factory ten times. Unlike the Sellbot Cog Disguise, Toons can only obtain parts of the Cashbot Cog Disguise, Lawbot Cog Disguise, and Bossbot Cog Disguise by completing ToonTasks.
Once a Cog Disguise has been completed, Toons can begin earning a promotion by defeating many Cogs of that specific type. For the Sellbot Cog Disguise, Toons earn Merits; for the Cashbot Cog Disguise, Toons earn Cogbucks; for the Lawbot Cog Disguise, Toons earn Jury Notices; and for the Bossbot Cog Disguise, Toons earn Stock Options.
As Toons obtain Merits, Cogbucks, Jury Notices, and Stock Options, they will see a bar next to their gag experience rise up when fighting the type of Cog related to the Cog Disguise. Once a Toon has obtained enough for that disguise, the bar will say "Ready for promotion!" in which they can now partake in a boss battle.
After defeating the boss, the Toon's disguise will obtain a promotion. Once the Toon's disguise reaches level 50, they will no longer need to receive Merits, Cogbucks, Jury Notices, and Stock Options to fight the boss of that type. Reaching level 13 with a disguise will grant teleportation access to the headquarters of that Cog type while reaching levels 15, 20, 30, 40, and 50 will reward a one point laff boost, for a total of five for each disguise.
- Main page: Sellbot Cog Disguise
- Cold Caller (levels 1-5)
- Telemarketer (levels 2-6)
- Name Dropper (levels 3-7)
- Glad Hander (levels 4-8)
- Mover & Shaker (levels 5-9)
- Two-Face (levels 6-10)
- The Mingler (levels 7-11)
- Mr. Hollywood (levels 8-50)
- Main page: Cashbot Cog Disguise
- Short Change (levels 1-5)
- Penny Pincher (levels 2-6)
- Tightwad (levels 3-7)
- Bean Counter (levels 4-8)
- Number Cruncher (levels 5-9)
- Money Bags (levels 6-10)
- Loan Shark (levels 7-11)
- Robber Baron (levels 8-50)
- Main page: Lawbot Cog Disguise
- Bottom Feeder (levels 1-5)
- Bloodsucker (levels 2-6)
- Double Talker (levels 3-7)
- Ambulance Chaser (levels 4-8)
- Back Stabber (levels 5-9)
- Spin Doctor (levels 6-10)
- Legal Eagle (levels 7-11)
- Big Wig (levels 8-50)
- Main page: Bossbot Cog Disguise
- Flunky (levels 1-5)
- Pencil Pusher (levels 2-6)
- Yesman (levels 3-7)
- Micromanager (levels 4-8)
- Downsizer (levels 5-9)
- Head Hunter (levels 6-10)
- Corporate Raider (levels 7-11)
- The Big Cheese (levels 8-50)
- The order of the Cog Disguise promotions is exactly the same in compliance with the Cogs' corporate ladder.
- While wearing a Cog Disguise, Toons cannot jump, open their Shticker Book, or use any animations (with the exception of "Sad"). They can, however, select animations while whispering.
- Whenever a Toon reaches level 15, 20, 30, 40, and 50 of any of their Cog Disguise (of the eighth Cog in the corporate ladder), a laff boost is granted.
- The only Cog Disguises that ever reach level 50 are Mr. Hollywood, Robber Baron, Big Wig, and The Big Cheese.
- A unique category of speech known as "COG SPEAK" appears in SpeedChat when entering the Sellbot Towers, Cashbot Vault, Lawbot Courthouse, or Bossbot Clubhouse. The expressions that appear from said category are from the Cog a Toon is disguised as; some of these may be similar to the battle expressions said by the Cog.
- Each Cog boss needs to be defeated a total of 77 times in order for a Toon to max that particular Cog Disguise. This means a Toon must do at least 308 boss runs in order to max all the Cog Disguises.
- Another variation of a Cog Disguise is the Rental Suit, which was created by Loony Labs using old prototype designs for Toons to use during Operation: Storm Sellbot Headquarters, Operation: Crash Cashbot Headquarters, and future events of the same nature.
- Since the update released on February 1, 2015, Toons with a level 50 Cog Disguise could earn teleportation access to a Cog headquarters after defeating the Cog boss. On April 12 that year, the Cog Disguise level needed to earn teleportation access was reduced to 12, although the Toon's disguise would become level 13 once they defeat the boss.