Clothing is worn by Toons and include shirts, shorts, skirts, and accessories. Toons are able to pick out clothes during the Pick-Your-Clothes phase in the Create-A-Toon. When a Toon has obtained clothing, they can interact with their wardrobe to change their shirt and shorts. Toons may also interact with their Accessory Trunk to choose between their accessories, which include hats, glasses, backpacks, and shoes.
Shirts, shorts, skirts, and accessories can be found in Clarabelle's Cattlelog, through special events, from clothing stores, or codes given out by the Toon Council. Obtaining clothes from clothing stores in each playground requires a clothing ticket, which Toons can get by completing a ToonTask given by an HQ Officer.
Outfits can be made of a combination of shirts, shorts, skirts, and accessories. There are many items made to be worn in an outfit, though Toons will still mix and match, wearing what they enjoy.
Types of clothing
In Toontown Rewritten, there are six types of clothing, but only two of them, shirts and shorts, are mandatory to wear. All four accessories are optional to wear.
- Shirts: Shirts are clothing worn on the upper half of the Toon's body. Wearing a shirt is mandatory by the game.
- Shorts: Shorts are clothing worn on the bottom half of the Toon's body. Boy Toons may only wear shorts, while girl Toons can also wear skirts as well. Wearing shorts are mandatory by the game.
- Hats: Hats are accessories worn on the head of the Toon's body, and come in a variety of sizes.
- Glasses: Glasses are accessories worn over the Toon's eyes. Many glasses in Toontown Rewritten do not fit properly to certain Toon models. Certain glasses do not cover both eyes, as well.
- Backpacks: Backpacks are accessories worn over the Toon's back, and come in a variety of sizes.
- Shoes: Shoes are accessories worn on the feet of the Toon's body, and come in several different brands/styles.
- In Disney's Toontown Online, only subscribed players could buy clothes from Clarabelle's Cattlelog, and clothing stores from Donald's Dock and up.
- Toontown Rewritten made the decision to allow both genders to wear any type of accessory without restrictions.
- There are exactly 12,284,338,176 combinations that a starter Toon can choose from.