April Toons Week is an annual event that begins on April 1st and ends on April 8th. The first week of April marks the time where Toontown's silly levels rise at grand proportions. The event is based on April Fools' Day, which is celebrated in many countries on the first day of April.
The most common form of silliness that tends to occur during April Toons Week is lack of gravity. However, there is no telling of how silly Toontown may get each year. The list of Silly Surges that have occurred throughout the years have been identified below.
|April Toons Week Theme|
- There was bug that caused some Toons to experience the wacky effects changing every 3 seconds rather than every minute like it was supposed to, which has since been fixed.
- "Big Legs" and "No Color" were the only cheesy effects that did not take place during the event in 2014.
- Unlike other cheesy effects, the Green Toon, Pumpkin Head, and Snowman Head do not take part in this event. In 2014, the only special effect that took part in the event was Roger Dog.
- The blog post titled "When Gravity Falls" is a pun off of a Disney show called Gravity Falls that Joey likes.
- The Pick-a-Toon background has the shape of a pig's head rather than Mickey's head, as well as an upside down text and a mashup of new colors.
- According to Joey, the April Toons Week theme was inspired by Weirdmageddon from Gravity Falls.
- It is possible to jump onto buildings whenever they are floating, as Toons also lose gravity and can jump higher.
- April Toons Week previously caused jumbled Toon sounds and cheesy effects. Since April 6, 2019, they had been removed from the event based on community feedback.
- ↑ https://www.toontownrewritten.com/news/item/130/daily-alpha-update-no-funny-business
- ↑ https://www.toontownrewritten.com/news/item/255/bbqhq-has-been-found
- ↑ https://www.toontownrewritten.com/news/item/256/when-gravity-falls
- ↑ https://www.toontownrewritten.com/news/item/335/toontowns-pet-shops-are-now-open
- ↑ https://www.toontownrewritten.com/news/item/413/the-doodle-hunt-has-begun
- ↑ https://www.toontownrewritten.com/news/item/477/to-our-valued-customers
- ↑ https://www.toontownrewritten.com/news/item/552/toontown-gets-a-silly-surge