A website called the 26th. The website displayed an image of a Bossbot and a soundtrack from the game until April 26, 2015 where the blog post titled "Team LHAAFBBHQ: Let's Hunt Around And Find... The TEAM?!" was published concerning the whereabouts of Team LHAAFBBHQ. On and after April 26th, multiple puzzles were released in which players had to discover the passwords to multiple online memo accounts of different Cogs., otherwise known as MINGLERMAIL Memo Management, was first discovered by the Toontown community on April 18, 2015 before
|Team LHAAFBBHQ: Let's Hunt Around And Find... The TEAM?!|
Posted by Team LHAAFBBHQ Mission Update on April 26, 2015 at 3:25 PM
Images and themes
Images below are placed in chronological order. As the dates progressed, Cogs of higher difficulty were shown.
On April 26th, mingler.org went down for unexpected maintenance and stated that memo delivery services would be restored at promptly 3:00 PM. Sometime after maintenance was called off, credentials could be entered to access the Bossbots' memos, thus starting the ARG. The blog post from April 26th revealed the credentials for Flunky.
- Username: flunky
- Password: spunky
- Method: Given in a blog post
- Username: pencilpusher
- Password: sh4rp
- Solver(s): Xioms from /r/toontown as “DH4RP”, corrected by imthescatguy to “SH4RP”
- Method: Morse code from the robots.mid file: “ ... .... ....- .-. .--. ”
- Username: yesman
- Password: ou1
- Solver(s): ynmsgames & Christofosho from #ttrpuzzle on IRC
- Open again.mid with a midi editor, and look at each track;
- If the track looks like morse code, figure out if it is
- Morse code was found in the Harp track ( --- ..- .---- )
- See gallery for track images
- Username: micromanager
- Password: addedbeef
- Solver(s): Alan & TrickyPlaysTT
- Compare the isolate.mid file to the original Bossbot_Factory_v1.ogg
- Find the notes that have been changed in isolate.mid
- These notes are the password, "ADDEDBEEF"
- Username: downsizer
- Password: jedegraisse
- Solver: KingOfLimbs & TheRandomDog from #ttrpuzzle
- Method: Changed notes from the french.mxl french.mxl file, edited with the French musical cryptogram: “JEDEGRAISSE”
- Username: headhunter
- Password: badheadfaces
- Solvers: Barney, SirBeppo, Tan_Cat & HeathenChemistry, as well as others from #ttrpuzzle
- Method: Changed notes from the bach.mxl file, edited with the BACH musical cryptogram: “BADHEADFACES”
- Username: corporateraider
- Password: incursio!
- Solvers: HeathenChemistry (Spectrogram) & FishSticks (final password), plus others from #ttrpuzzle
- Method: Use a program like “Sonic Visualizer” to show a Spectrogram of the circumspicio.mp3 file. The outcome is “RAID!” in the visual. Then take that, translate it to Latin (as the Corporate Raider used Latin in its memo), and you get “incursio!”
The Big Cheese
- Username: thebigcheese
- Password: lactobacilli
- Solvers: Pochard (found map.jpg) & Pelican (found final password), as well as others from #ttrpuzzle.
- Use a program like “Sonic Visualizer” to show a Spectrogram of the thatwhichwecallarose.mp3 file.
- The outcome is “map.jpg” in the visual.
- Next, we find the resource “map.jpg”.
- This graph must be overlayed on the Toontown map, with each node representing a playground.
- Following this, we take the numbers within the nodes, and extract alphabet the characters from the playground names. (ex: if the node is over The Brrrgh and the number is 2, we take the “h”).
- Once we have all of the letters, we find the anagram of these, which turns to “wemakecheese”.
- This, taken extremely literally, results in the final password, as lactobacilli, which is the name of the bacteria that creates cheese.
Chief Executive Officer
- No credentials were found.
- The term "ou1" is like "oui", which is the French word for "yes".
- Although it is not the webserver's directory index, when going to the index.html file of mingler.org, an image of The Mingler is seen, and Non, je ne regrette rien is played in the background in a loop.
- A file called tuning.mid was found via bruteforce, but had since been removed from mingler.org and was intended to be the original puzzle for obtaining Downsizer's credentials.
- It is unknown if the Chief Executive Officer's password will ever be found. The last puzzle was used to figure out the coordinates of the Portable Hole Network that would allow access to Bossbot Headquarters before the tunnel finished construction.
- In The Big Cheese's 3rd memo from the Chairman, "the duck" could be referring to Slappy or Scrooge McDuck.
- In honor of Scrooge McDuck's deceased voice actor, Alan Young, the theme song called create.mp3 was placed on the front page of mingler.org. The fan-made song was originally added to the original Toontown download video (where Scrooge McDuck activates the Cogs) and uploaded to YouTube in 2016.
- ↑ http://www.reddit.com/r/Toontown/comments/33zru1/new_minglerorg_development/
- ↑ http://www.reddit.com/r/Toontown/comments/342xhg/found_a_new_file_on_minglerorg/
- ↑ https://www.reddit.com/r/Toontown/comments/4l7ta8/the_26th_minglerorg_and_loonylabsnet/
- ↑ https://www.reddit.com/r/Toontown/comments/4kaw5u/new_song_on_minglerorg/d3djnkx
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3K2fIoqR5Y
Toontown Online: How The Cogs Were Made (With Original Music)