The website called Toontown Rewritten ARG that has been happening since April 18, 2015. The webpage displayed different Bossbots with musical themes related to Bossbots every day until April 26, 2015. On and after April 26th, multiple puzzles were released in which Toons had to discover the passwords to multiple online memo accounts of different Cogs. Prior to April 18th, the webpage displayed many The Mingler images, with accompanying background music.(also known as MINGLERMAIL Memo Management) is a portion of the
Images & Soundtracks
Images below are placed in chronological order. As the dates progressed, Cogs of higher difficulty were shown. All of the cogs were Bossbots.
April 26: An ominous message.
- MINGLERMAIL Memo Management is currently down for maintenance.
- All memo delivery services will be restored at promptly 3:00 PM. Get back to work.
- For assistance, please mingle with the Minglers at email@example.com. The response will eventually be shelved and then trashed within 3-5 business days."
- MINGLERMAIL Memo Management offers impeccable memo services with bland and outdated interfaces for Cogs. Toons are NOT accepted.
- For assistance, please mingle with the Minglers at firstname.lastname@example.org. The response will eventually be shelved and then trashed within 3-5 business days.
Enter your credentials to access memos:
A (263) blog post announced that the last piece of the peculiar Bossbot HQ picture was found. The back of the piece of the picture says "MINGLER.ORG", "flunky", and "spunky" which has been confirmed to be the Flunky's account.
- Username: flunky
- Password: spunky
- Method: Given in a blog post
- Username: pencilpusher
- Password: sh4rp
- Solver(s): Xioms from /r/toontown as “DH4RP”, corrected by imthescatguy to “SH4RP”
- Method: Morse code from the robots.mid file: “ ... .... ....- .-. .--. ”
- Username: yesman
- Password: ou1
- Solver(s): ynmsgames & Christofosho from #ttrpuzzle on IRC
- Open again.mid with a midi editor, and look at each track;
- If the track looks like morse code, figure out if it is
- morse code was found in the Harp track ( --- ..- .---- )
- See gallery for track images
- Username: micromanager
- Password: addedbeef
- Solver(s): Alan & TrickyPlaysTT
- Compare the isolate.mid file to the original Bossbot_Factory_v1.ogg
- Find the notes that have been changed in isolate.mid
- These notes are the password, "ADDEDBEEF"
- Username: downsizer
- Password: jedegraisse
- Solver: KingOfLimbs & TheRandomDog from #ttrpuzzle
- Method: Changed notes from the french.mxl file, edited with the French musical cryptogram: “JEDEGRAISSE”
- Username: headhunter
- Password: badheadfaces
- Solvers: Barney, SirBeppo, Tan_Cat & HeathenChemistry, as well as others from #ttrpuzzle
- Method: Changed notes from the bach.mxl file, edited with the BACH musical cryptogram: “BADHEADFACES”
- Username: corporateraider
- Password: incursio!
- Solvers: HeathenChemistry (Spectrogram) & FishSticks (final password), plus others from #ttrpuzzle
- Method: Use a program like “Sonic Visualizer” to show a Spectrogram of the circumspicio.mp3 file. The outcome is “RAID!” in the visual. Then take that, translate it to Latin (as the Corporate Raider used Latin in its memo), and you get “incursio!”
- Username: thebigcheese
- Password: lactobacilli
- Solvers: Pochard (found map.jpg) & Pelican (found final password), as well as others from #ttrpuzzle.
- Use a program like “Sonic Visualizer” to show a Spectrogram of the thatwhichwecallarose.mp3 file.
- The outcome is “map.jpg” in the visual.
- Next, we find the resource “map.jpg”.
- This graph must be overlayed on the Toontown map, with each node representing a playground.
- Following this, we take the numbers within the nodes, and extract alphabet the characters from the playground names. (ex: if the node is over The Brrrgh and the number is 2, we take the “h”).
- Once we have all of the letters, we find the anagram of these, which turns to “wemakecheese”.
- This, taken extremely literally, results in the final password, as lactobacilli, which is the name of the bacteria that creates cheese.
- Username: ceo
- The term "ou1" is like "oui", which is the French word for "yes".
- Although it is not the webserver's directory index, when going to the index.html file of mingler.org, an image of The Mingler is seen, and Non, je ne regrette rien is played in the background in a loop.
- TTR might not allow access to the other Cog accounts on mingler.org until the password is found legitimately. The Yesman account didn't work at first, but started working a few moments after the community found the password. The file for tuning.mid was found via bruteforce, but has since been removed from the site and was going to be the original puzzle to get into Downsizer.
- It is unknown if the Chief Executive Officer's password will ever be found. The last puzzle was used to figure out the coordinates of the Portable Hole Network that would allow you to teleport to Bossbot Headquarters.
- In The Big Cheese's 3rd memo from the Chairman, "the duck" is referring to Slappy.