|Alternate Reality Game|
|This page contains secret information regarding an ARG puzzle. The purpose of ARG pages is to keep Toontown sleuths up to date on the story of Toontown Rewritten.|
Confidential refers to the 33rd blog post from the Toontown Rewritten website titled "null [CONFIDENTIAL] - Yes, that means you too." that was posted by LL-TERMINAL43 on November 26, 2013. In past terms, this event occurred on November 26, 2002.
Doctor Dimm visits Doctor Surlee's office to look for a sprocket that he has been working on. Dimm accidentally activates a mechanical arm and the scanner. Surlee's blueprint of the Silly Meter is scanned, compressed, and sent before Dimm can shut off the computer.
Below is a decrypted version of the Silly Meter blueprint.
Method of decryption
:cryptlkr:(info) got as key: THREE ROW TWO RIGHT
The Silly Meter blueprint was decoded using a version of the Caesar cipher. Specifically, it used the keyboard as its reference when making the letter substitution.
The following steps demonstrate how the cipher is decoded.
- Find the encrypted letter on the keyboard.
- Look two keys to its right to find the decrypted letter.
- If there are no more letters to the right, wrap around to the left.
- The block of code under the line designating "THREE ROW TWO RIGHT" is written in 68k Assembly.
- The garbled text must be decoded by taking each letter and moving two letters to the right of it on a qwerty keyboard. Non-letter characters are excluded from the algorithm.
- It is unknown why Professor Prepostera wanted the sprocket.
- The messages "Blocked passage, removing obstacle" and "Obstacle removed, accessing cabinet" do not indicate clearly on whether the mechanical arm reached into the filing cabinet or if a firewall of some sort was referenced.
- When Doctor Surlee stated he moved the mechanical arm "this morning", he may have done this in order to protect the filing cabinet from possible intruders.
- Doctor Surlee is very concerned about the computer scanning something.
- It is assumed that "print 5" is the file number for "ttr://assets/caesar-would-be-pleased.jpg".
- By the time Doctor Surlee noticed the scanner was on, the computer had already finished scanning. At this point it compressed and started sending the file.
- Progression of the file stopped at 78% and is followed by "... ... ...". There is also the message ":xferbse:(fatal) lost connection" suggesting that the computer had lost connection before finishing to send the file. The file name, however, is included in the log message possibly suggesting the computer did finish sending, and then terminated itself to avoid further logging of events.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Wiki blog post - Official blog post - MMO Central Forums - Wayback Machine
- ↑ caesar-would-be-pleased.jpg Wiki encrypted blueprint - Official encrypted blueprint
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 http://www.mmocentralforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3961856&postcount=232 MCF decryption (reposted from the IRC)
- ↑ Image of QWERTY keyboard cipher