|Alternate Reality Game|
|This page contains secret information regarding an ARG puzzle. The purpose of ARG pages is to keep Toontown sleuths up to date on the story of Toontown Rewritten.|
The blog post Bah bop BWAH! was posted by The Cogs on November 17, 2014 at 02:32 PM Toontown Time. This blog contained information, specifically from the Cogs. It was first translated into Morse Code, and then into short and long words. Specifically, the single syllable words represent morse dots, and the multisyllabic words represent morse dashes. This is the second Toontown Rewritten puzzle to contain Morse Code.
The following displays the encrypted version of the blog post.
Posted by The Cogs on November 17, 2014 02:32 PM
The main ideas behind the solution to this blog post came from the comment section on the Toontown Rewritten webpage. The following are a few of the main posts that lead to the solution.
- Zipper Hopperbounce said on November 17, 2014 03:32 PM
- I think I've cracked it... The image URL name says "the source of course is..." MORSE! If you take the short and long phrases and turn them into dots and dashes, it translates into morse code for "S K E L E C O G S / F R I D A Y"
- Mr Richards said on November 17, 2014 03:34 PM
- ... -.- . .-.. . -.-. --- --. / - ..- . ... -.. .- -.--
- Lily said on November 17, 2014 04:10 PM
- I've gone onto a Morse Translator and taken the short and long phrases and turn them into dots and dashes like Zipper Hopperbounce said, and pasted it into a Morse Code translator. This is the Morse Code I ended up with - ... -.- . .-.. . -.-. --- --. ... / ..-. .-. .. -.. .- -.--. As Zipper said, it clearly translates to "SKELECOGS FRIDAY". Good work on decoding that Zipper!
The method of decryption was simply to take the Cog speak, and turn it in to morse dots and dashes. This was then translated into English. The following is a table displaying the translation process.
|Encoded Text||Morse Code Equivalent||Decoded Text|
|Buh bwah blah.||
|Blahblah bwah bwahbap.||
|Rah bwahrah blah rah.||
|Bopbapbwa, bah rahrarad, rah.||
|Bwapbada rahdrarah, bwopbap.||
|Rahbahrah, radabap, bwah.||
|Bah bop BWAH!||
|Rada, rah bwapbabah bop.||
|Bwah ropdada rah.||
|Bopbada wah bwah.||
|Bwaparah bop, bopawbop bwadabopba.||
Notes and Thoughts
- Lord Lowden Clear said the Cog activity has been lower than usual, and that the Cogs are planning something.
- In the picture, there are two unusual things:
- This was a warning for the upcoming Skelecog Mega-Invasion starting on November 21, 2014, and ending on the following Monday.